Meaning : To fly like a hawk, To Fly Like A Hawk,
Origin : Polynesian/Hawaiian,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Iolani:
- Name Number: 6. Meaning: Home, Family, Love, Balance, Harmony, Help, Warmth, Social justice
Definition funny of Iolani:
- (this really happens in real life) "oh, you're from Iolani? you must be smart, yeah?" College is pretty easy because Iolani's AP courses prepared me well. Several prominent individuals have attended Iolani: former mayor Mufi Hannemann, Chinese political leader Sun Yat Sen, athletes like Dave Shoji and Derrick Low, and even a famous Japanese pop singer Angela Aki.
- Guy 1: 'Iolani lost to us again.' Guy 2: 'Haha, I know. They're such sore losers, and can't take a loss.'
Songs about Iolani:
- Ali'i 'Iolani by Makaha Sons Of Ni'Ihau from the Album Ho'oluana
- He Ma i No Iolani: He Ma'i No Iolani by Halau Hula Ka No'eau (Hawai'i Arts Ensemble) from the Album Hawaii: Traditional Hula
- Ali'i 'Iolani by Kai Davis from the Album Kai Davis Sings Old Hawaiian Favorites
- He Ma`i No `iolani by Pekelo Day from the Album Mai Na Kupuna Mai
- Iolani by Harry Kalapana from the Album Orchids Of Hawaii - Hawaiian Guitar
- Iolani by Harry Kalapana from the Album Tiki Music - Hawaii - Vol. 1
- Iolani by Harry King Kalapana from the Album Guitares Hawaiennes & Ukulélé - Hawaiian guitars & Ukulele
- Kekahao'iolani by 'Ale'A from the Album Kaulupono
Books about Iolani:
- 'Iolani Luahine - 1985 by Francis Haar
- 'Iolani Palace - 2000 by Friends of 'Iolani Palace
- Iolani; or, Tahiti as It Was - Mar 15, 1999 by Wilkie Collins and Ira B. Nadel
- Organic Chemistry (Organic Chemistry) - 2010 by David Baker and Jaimelee Iolani Rizzo
- All About Love: 'Iolani Palace Impressions - Jun 13, 2013 by Afael Aisutoaf and Taueva Faotusia
- The Spirit of Hula: Photos and Stories from Around the World - Sep 2004 by Floyd Berinobis and Shari iolani Floyd Berinobis
- At Thy Call We Gather: Iolani School - Jan 1, 1997 by Arlene (Ed. ) Lum
- Songbird of Hawaii - Apr 1, 2006 by Kihei De Silva Pi'iolani Motta
- Hawaii's Iolani Palace and Its Kings and Queens - 1978 by Gwenfread Allen
- IOLANI Palace Calendar 1989 - 1988 by Friends of 'Iolani Palace the Palace Shop
Wiki information Iolani:
- ʻIolani School
- School, Educational Institution, Organization, Location, Employer
ʻIolani School, located at 563 Kamoku Street in Honolulu, Hawaiʻi, is a private coeducational college preparatory school serving over 1,800 students. Founded in 1863 by Father William R. Scott, it was the principal school of the former Anglican...
- ʻIolani Palace
- National Register of Historic Places Location, Structure, Listed Site, Location, Venue, Project focus, Building, Tourist attraction
The ʻIolani Palace was the royal residence of the rulers of the Kingdom of Hawaii beginning with Kamehameha III under the Kamehameha Dynasty and ending with Queen Liliʻuokalani under the Kalākaua Dynasty, founded by her brother, King David Kalākaua....
- Iolani Luahine
- Person, Deceased Person
ʻIolani Luahine, born Harriet Lanihau Makekau, was a native Hawaiian kumu hula, dancer, chanter and teacher, who was considered the high priestess of the ancient hula. The New York Times wrote that she was "regarded as Hawaii's last great exponent of...
- Lola Iolani Momoa
- Woman, Person
Lola Iolani Momoa is the half-sister of actress Zoë Kravitz.
- Film character, Fictional Character
Iolani is a fictional character of the 1980 film When Time Ran Out....
- 2008 occupation of Iolani Palace
- Event, Military Conflict
In 2008, two attempts were made by groups involved in the Hawaiian sovereignty movement to occupy Iolani Palace in downtown Honolulu in the U.S. state of Hawaii.
- Ali'i Iolani
- Canonical Version, Musical Recording
- Iolani Luahine Hula Festival
The Iolani Luahine Hula Festival was established in 2003 with the goal of perpetuating the hula, and in memory of 'Iolani Luahine, a great hula dancer and teacher of the mid-20th century. It is held in Kailua Kona, on Luahine’s native Big Island of...
- Iolani Barracks
- Image, Content
- ʻIolani Barracks
- Project focus, Location, Structure
ʻIolani Barracks, or Halekoa in Hawaiian, was built in 1870, designed by the architect Theodore Heuck, under the direction of King Lot Kapuaiwa. Located directly adjacent to ʻIolani Palace in downtown Honolulu, it housed about 80 members of the...