Meaning : Derived from Hebrew origins, Jan is a variant form of the English "John". Jan means "Yahweh the gracious" and was the name given to the 15th century Dutch born Painter Jan Van Eck, Gift of God, God Is Gracious,
Pronunciation : (Yahn), JAN / YAN,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Jan:
- Name Number: 7. Meaning: Inner, Thought, Mind, Psychology, Secret, Mystic, Strange, Study, Knowledge, Loneliness, Rest
Additional information Jan:
- Jan has been a popular name across Scandinavia for many years, and is said to 'Gift of God', it could possibly originally derive from a Hebrew name. It is also a common nickname for women with the name Janet for example. Jan Molby is a former footballer.
- Hebrew Meaning: The name Jan is a Hebrew baby name. In Hebrew the meaning of the name Jan is: Gift from God.
- American Meaning: The name Jan is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Jan is: Gift from God.
- Swedish Meaning: The name Jan is a Swedish baby name. In Swedish the meaning of the name Jan is: gift from God'.
- Polish Meaning: The name Jan is a Polish baby name. In Polish the meaning of the name Jan is: God is gracious.
- Dutch Meaning: The name Jan is a Dutch baby name. In Dutch the meaning of the name Jan is: God has been gracious; has shown favor.
- Slavic Meaning: The name Jan is a Slavic baby name. In Slavic the meaning of the name Jan is: God has been gracious; has shown favor.
- English Meaning: The name Jan is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Jan is: God has been gracious. A.
Definition funny of Jan:
- Did you see that jan making out with her, she's so lucky.
- No, not Janice or Janet, just Jan
- Person 1: "Omg did you see that guy?" Person 2: "Yes, that's Jan, he's awesome" Person 1: "Duhh"
- Jan is usually a female name, but can occasionally be applied to males.
- 1. Me and my crew just Jansd 100$ worth of stuff ! 2. Imma Jans my friend some swag for his birthday. 3. Ricco- Yo where should i hide the earphones that I Jansd? The applle security is comming! DR- Put it in my Jansport Bag and dip! 4. I just had to Jans your sisters cherry in bed last night.
- Boss: "Jan where's our ad in the yellow pages directory?" *jan runs out of the building like a common fool Boss (out of the window): "not happy jan!"
- "Were you at Jonathan's kickback yesterday?" "Yea, it was jans"
Expression information Jan:
- People with this name are excellent at analyzing, understanding, and learning. They tend to be mystics, philosophers, scholars, and teachers. Because they live so much in the mind, they tend to be quiet and introspective, and are usually introverts. When presented with issues, they will see the larger picture. Their solitary thoughtfulness and analysis of people and world events may make them seem aloof, and sometimes even melancholy.
Soul information Jan:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire to use their abilities in leadership, and to have personal independence. They would rather focus on large, important issues, and delegate the details.
Songs about Jan:
- Breathe (Jan Driver Remix) by Play Paul & Nicos Marcos from the Album Undergrooves, Vol. 4 (Freakin' Tech House & Techno For Underground Clubbers)
- Jan Egeland by Ylvis from the Album Jan Egeland
- Jan's Song by Inxs from the Album Shabooh Shoobah (US Release)
- Jan Dussek - Sonatina Opus 20 no 1 (Allegro non tanto) by Marko Nouwens from the Album Clementi, Dussek, Kuhlau - Sonatinas For Piano
- Nakht In Gan Eydn (feat. Trio Scho & Jan Hermerschmidt) by Karsten Troyke from the Album Klezmer Concert
- Quita Todo De Mi (feat. Yaheli Mulero & Jan Omar Mulero) by Nimsy Lopez from the Album Proceso
- The Craze Won't Fade (Jan Ketel's Homies Dub) by Onosizo & Upstroke from the Album The Craze Won't Fade
- Bon Jan Van (feat. Katalog of Gabel) by Rutshelle Guillaume from the Album Emotions
- Jan Jan (Live) by Grant Green from the Album Live At The Lighthouse
- Time Again (Jan Blomqvist Club Mix) by Jan Blomqvist from the Album Time Again
Books about Jan:
- Come Rain or Come Shine (A Mitford Novel) - Sep 22, 2015 by Jan Karon
- Somewhere Safe with Somebody Good: The New Mitford Novel (A Mitford Novel) - Aug 4, 2015 by Jan Karon
- Autumn Moon (A Celtic Wolves Novel) - Sep 29, 2015 by Jan DeLima
- At Home in Mitford (The Mitford Years, Book 1) - Feb 1, 1996 by Jan Karon
- The Art of Hearing Heartbeats - Jan 31, 2012 by Jan-Philipp Sendker and Kevin Wiliarty
- Reading the Sweet Oak - Sep 29, 2015 by Jan Stites
- The Next Step in Guided Reading: Focused Assessments and Targeted Lessons for Helping Every Student Become a Better... - Jun 1, 2009 by Jan Richardson
- The Mitten - Oct 4, 1996 by Jan Brett
- The Turnip - Nov 3, 2015 by Jan Brett
- In the Company of Others: A Father Tim Novel (A Mitford Novel) - Aug 30, 2011 by Jan Karon
Movies about Jan:
- 92Y- Clarence Thomas in Conversation with Jan Crawford Greenberg (October 16, 2007)2011 NR CC
- Blind Courage: The Unique Genius of Jan Zizka2008 NR
- Truth Prevails: The Undying Faith Of Jan Hus2007
- Collected Shorts of Jan Svankmajer2005 NR
- Jan - Challenge at the net2013 PG CC
- Joe Pyne TV Show, Jan.17,'68; Iceberg Slim, and more2011 NR
- Jan Amos Comenius2009 NR CC
- Painting Watercolor Portraits: A Simple Approach From Photo to Finish with Jan Kunz PG
- Blind Courage: Unique Genius of Jan Zizka2005 NR
- Jan Svankmajer: The Ossuary and Other Tales2013 NR
Wiki information Jan:
- Jan Smuts
- Author, Military Person, Military Commander, Organization founder, Identity, Deceased Person, Person, Name source, Politician
Jan Christiaan Smuts OM CH DTD ED KC FRS PC was a prominent South African and British Commonwealth statesman, military leader and philosopher. In addition to holding various cabinet posts, he served as prime minister of the Union of South Africa from...
- John Amos Comenius
- Scientist, Author, Deceased Person, Person, Name source, Influence Node
John Amos Comenius was a Czech philosopher, pedagogue and theologist. He served as the last bishop of Unity of the Brethren and became a religious refugee and one of the earliest champions of universal education, a concept eventually set forth in his...
- Jan and Dean
- Folk rock Artist, Award Winner, Broadcast Artist, Musical Artist, TV program guest, Person or entity appearing in film, Musical Group
Jan and Dean were an American rock and roll duo consisting of William Jan Berry and Dean Ormsby Torrence. In the early 1960s, they were pioneers of the California Sound and vocal surf music styles popularized by the Beach Boys. Among their most...
- John III Sobieski
- Noble person, Person, Coat of Arms Bearer, Deceased Person, Name source, Person Or Being In Fiction
John III Sobieski, from 1674 until his death King of Poland and Grand Duke of Lithuania, was one of the most notable monarchs of the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth. Sobieski's military skill, demonstrated in wars against the Ottoman Empire,...
- Jan Hus
- Philosopher, Lyricist, Name source, Deceased Person, Author, Person, Influence Node
Jan Hus, often referred to in English as John Hus or John Huss, was a Czech priest, philosopher, early Christian reformer and Master at Charles University in Prague. After John Wycliffe, the theorist of ecclesiastical Reformation, Hus is considered...
- John II Casimir Vasa
- Deceased Person, Person, Family member, Monarch, Noble person
John II Casimir was King of Poland and Grand Duke of Lithuania during the era of the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth, Duke of Opole in Upper Silesia, and titular King of Sweden 1648–1660. In Poland, he is known and commonly referred as Jan Kazimierz....
- Jan Hammer
- Jazz fusion Artist, Recording Engineer, Topic, Record Producer, Award Nominee, Broadcast Artist, Award Winner, Identity, Composer, Musician
Jan Hammer is a composer, pianist and keyboardist. He first gained his most visible audience while playing keyboards with the Mahavishnu Orchestra in the early 1970s, as well as his film scores for television and film including "Miami Vice Theme" and...
- Johannes Vermeer
- Painting Artist, Name source, Person, Literature Subject, Deceased Person, Influence Node, Person or entity appearing in film, Visual Artist, Topic, Author
Johannes, Jan or Johan Vermeer was a Dutch painter who specialized in domestic interior scenes of middle-class life. Vermeer was a moderately successful provincial genre painter in his lifetime. He seems never to have been particularly wealthy,...
- Giorgio Jan
- Botanist, Person, Deceased Person
Giorgio Jan was an Italian taxonomist, zoologist, botanist, herpetologist, and writer. He is also known as Georg Jan or Georges Jan.
- Jan Žižka
- Deceased Person, Military Person, Person, Name source
Jan Žižka z Trocnova a Kalicha, Czech general and Hussite leader, follower of Jan Hus, was born in the small village of Trocnov in Bohemia, into a gentried family. He was nicknamed "One-eyed Žižka." Since his youth, he was attached to the royal court...