Meaning : Lion, A powerful name meaning 'lion' or 'brave and hardy'.,
Pronunciation : LE-o (German, Finnish), LAY-o (Dutch), LEE-o (English) , (LIYow), LEE oh,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Leo:
- Name Number: 5. Meaning: Motion, Change, Freedom, Diversity, Liberty, Choice, Interest, Search, Risk, Danger, Fear
Additional information Leo:
- From Late Latin for 'lion'. Borne by numerous Christian saints, Leo is also an astrological zodiac sign for those born between July 23rd and August 22nd. The zodiac element is fire. Also see Leonardo Di Caprio (actor).
- English Meaning: The name Leo is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Leo is: Lion.
- American Meaning: The name Leo is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Leo is: Lion.
- Latin Meaning: The name Leo is a Latin baby name. In Latin the meaning of the name Leo is: Lion. This name has been borne by a total of 13 popes. Leo is also associated with the zodiac sign from 23rd July to 22nd August.
- Teutonic Meaning: The name Leo is a Teutonic baby name. In Teutonic the meaning of the name Leo is: Bold for his people.
- Derived from Latin leo "lion", a cognate of LEON. It was popular among early Christians and was the name of 13 popes, including Saint Leo the Great who asserted the dominance of the Roman bishops (the popes) over all others in the 5th century. It was also borne by six Byzantine emperors and five Armenian kings. Another famous bearer was Leo Tolstoy (1828-1910), a Russian novelist whose works include 'War and Peace' and 'Anna Karenina'. Leo is also the name of a constellation and the fifth sign of the zodiac.
Definition funny of Leo:
- Are you a Gemini? Because I'm a Leo.
- Guy: I just wanted to tell you that I miss you. Girl: Aw babe you're so Leo!
- leo helped me out of the car and onto the sidewalk, as a true gentlemen of ages long passed would've.
- guy: damn that girl was so fine and a sweetheart too, she must be a leo! don't hate me 'cause you ain't me - i'm a leo!
- That LEO is nothing but a fucking donut jockey.
- i wish i can be more of a leo.
- I had a dream I was watching Tom and Jerry, and Leo just wouldn't stop roaring!
Expression information Leo:
- People with this name are excited by change, adventure, and excitement. They are dynamic, visionary and versatile, able to make constructive use of freedom. They fight being restricted by rules and conventions. They tend to be optomistic, energetic, intelligent, and to make friends easily. They may be changeable, restless, untidy, and rebellious.
Soul information Leo:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire to inspire others in a higher cause, and to share their own strongly held views on spiritual matters.
Books about Leo:
- Leo - Jun 12, 2013 by Mia Sheridan
- Leo: A Ghost Story - Aug 25, 2015 by Mac Barnett and Christian Robinson
- Leo's Chance - Jun 17, 2013 by Mia Sheridan
- A Letter for Leo - Nov 4, 2014 by Sergio Ruzzier
- Here Comes Leo Lion (Pull and Play) - Feb 3, 2015 by La Coccinella
- Leo the Lightning Bug - Nov 18, 2005 by Eric Drachman and James Muscarello
- Leo the Late Bloomer - Apr 19, 1994 by Robert Kraus and Jose Aruego
- Leo Loves Baby Time - Feb 25, 2014 by Anna McQuinn and Ruth Hearson
- Leo (Sun Sign Series) - Nov 16, 2011 by Joanna Martine Woolfolk
- Interventions: Kenya (Vol. 4) - Oct 7, 2015 by , LEO and Rodolphe
Movies about Leo:
- Leo The Last2012 R CC
- Leo's Room (El Cuarto de Leo (English Subtitled))2013 NR
- The Muppet Show: Season 32008 Unrated
- Leo's Journey: The Story of the Mengele Twins2014 NR
- Animated Classics 8 Pack Volume 1: The Little Mermaid, Alice In Wonderland, Beauty & The Beast, Cinderella, The...2012 Unrated
- Roaring Leo Presents: Best of Breed Volume 12008 NR
- Leo Tolstoy's Anna Karenina1997 PG-13
- Tickling Leo (Theatrical Release)2009 NR
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Season 1, Part One2003 Unrated
- Fernando Di Leo Crime Collection1972 Unrated
Wiki information Leo:
- Leo Tolstoy
- Novelist, Author, Literature Subject, Influence Node, Person or entity appearing in film, Name source, Person Or Being In Fiction, Topic, Noble person, Fictional Character Creator
Count Lev Nikolayevich Tolstoy, usually referred to in English as Leo Tolstoy, was a Russian novelist regarded as one of the greatest of all time. He is best known for War and Peace and Anna Karenina. He first achieved literary acclaim in his 20s...
Leo /ˈliːoʊ/ is one of the constellations of the zodiac, lying between Cancer to the west and Virgo to the east. Its name is Latin for lion, and to the ancient Greeks represented the Nemean Lion killed by the mythical Greek hero Heracles as one of...
- Name source
Leo is the fifth astrological sign of the zodiac, originating from the constellation of Leo. It spans the 120-150th degree of the Tropical zodiac, between 125.25 and 152.75 degree of celestial longitude. Under the tropical zodiac, the Sun transits...
- Pope Leo I
- Religious Leader, Art Subject, Person, Person Or Being In Fiction, Name source, Author, Deceased Person
Pope Leo I, also known as Saint Leo the Great, reigned from 29 September 440 to his death in 461. He was an Italian aristocrat, and was the first pope to have been called "the Great". He is perhaps best known for having met Attila the Hun in 452 and...
- Animal, Literature Subject, Official symbol, Organism Classification, Hybrid parent classification, Film subject, Character Species
The lion is one of the five big cats in the genus Panthera and a member of the family Felidae. The commonly used term African lion collectively denotes the several subspecies found in Africa. With some males exceeding 250 kg in weight, it is the...
- Leo Awards
The Leo Awards are the awards program for the British Columbia film and television industry. Held each May or June in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, the Leo Awards were founded by the Motion Picture Arts and Sciences Foundation of British...
- Pope Leo X
- Religious Leader, Person Or Being In Fiction, Person, Family member, Deceased Person
Pope Leo X, born Giovanni di Lorenzo de' Medici, was Pope from 9 March 1513 to his death in 1521. The second son of Lorenzo the Magnificent, ruler of the Florentine Republic, he was elevated to the cardinalate in 1489. Following the death of Pope...
- Saint Leo University
- College/University, Location, Employer, Educational Institution, Nonprofit organization, Endowed Organization, Business Operation, Educational Institution Campus, Organization, Ranked item
Saint Leo University is a private, non-profit, Roman Catholic liberal arts university established in 1889/ 1959 and located in Saint Leo, Florida, 35 miles north of Tampa. The University is associated with the Holy Name Monastery, a Benedictine...
- Pope Leo XIII
- Religious Leader, Identity, Deceased Person, Author, Chess Player, Person
Pope Leo XIII, born Vincenzo Gioacchino Raffaele Luigi Pecci to an Italian comital family, reigned from 20 February 1878 to his death in 1903. He was the oldest pope, and had the third longest pontificate, behind that of Pius IX and John Paul II. He...
- Leo Burnett Worldwide
- Business Operation, Organization, Employer, Award Nominee, Fictional Character Creator
Leo Burnett Company, Inc., otherwise known as Leo Burnett Worldwide, Inc., is an American globally active advertising company, founded in 1935 in Chicago by Leo Burnett. Part of Publicis Groupe, Leo Burnett is one of the largest agency networks with...