Meaning : Famed Warrior, A variant spelling of the name Louis, or a pet name for Llewellyn, meaning 'fame' or 'warrior'., Famous warrior,
Pronunciation : (LUWahs), LOO iss, LOO-is ,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Lewis:
- Name Number: 5. Meaning: Motion, Change, Freedom, Diversity, Liberty, Choice, Interest, Search, Risk, Danger, Fear
Additional information Lewis:
- In the middle ages, Lewis appeared as an English form of the French name Louis. In modern times it may serve as a transferred surname. Lewis Hamilton, British Formula 1 driver, bears the name, along with C. S. Lewis, author of the Chronicles of Narnia.
- Teutonic Meaning: The name Lewis is a Teutonic baby name. In Teutonic the meaning of the name Lewis is: Famous in war.
- American Meaning: The name Lewis is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Lewis is: Famous in war.
- French Meaning: The name Lewis is a French baby name. In French the meaning of the name Lewis is: Famous warrior, from the Old German 'Chlodovech'. Aloysius is the name of the Italian Saint Aloysius of Gonzaga, and common among British Roman Catholics.
- English Meaning: The name Lewis is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Lewis is: English Famous warrior. In Wales, sometimes Lewis is used in place of Llewellyn. Famous Bearer: 19th century writer Lewis Carroll.
- Shakespearean Meaning: The name Lewis is a Shakespearean baby name. In Shakespearean the meaning of the name Lewis is: King Henry V' The Dauphin. 'King Henry the Sixth, Part III' Lewis XI, King of France. 'King John' Lewis, the Dauphin.
- Medieval English form of LOUIS. A famous bearer was Lewis Carroll (1832-1898), the author of 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland'. This was also the surname of C. S. Lewis (1898-1963), the author of the 'Chronicles of Narnia'.
Definition funny of Lewis:
- lewis is sexy :D lewis is happy go lucky
- Guy 1:"People seemed to be drawn to Lewis for some reason" Guy 2:"Yea kinda weird'
- Girl 1:Damn girl, you got yourself a Lewis! Girl2: I know. He's all mine.
- Hunter 1, 'hey let catch ourselves a lewis tonight' Hunter 2, 'Great lets start $1 beers'
- Lewis is the best person you'll get the chance to meet. And if you do meet him, don't let him go.
- friend1: hello friend2: hi lewis
- That adventure was exactly like a lewis adventure.
Expression information Lewis:
- People with this name are excited by change, adventure, and excitement. They are dynamic, visionary and versatile, able to make constructive use of freedom. They fight being restricted by rules and conventions. They tend to be optomistic, energetic, intelligent, and to make friends easily. They may be changeable, restless, untidy, and rebellious.
Soul information Lewis:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire for travel and adventure, and want to set their own pace in life without being governed by tradition.
Songs about Lewis:
- Lewis (Mistreated) - Radiohead
- I Feel Good [feat. LunchMoney Lewis] by Thomas Rhett from the Album Tangled Up
- Trini Dem Girls [feat. LunchMoney Lewis] [Explicit] by Nicki Minaj from the Album The Pinkprint (Deluxe) [Explicit]
- Trini Dem Girls [feat. LunchMoney Lewis] [Clean] by Nicki Minaj from the Album The Pinkprint [Clean]
- Trini Dem Girls [feat. LunchMoney Lewis] [Explicit] by Nicki Minaj from the Album The Pinkprint [Explicit]
- Otherside (feat. Fences) [Ryan Lewis Remix] [Explicit] by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis from the Album VS. Redux [Explicit]
- Trini Dem Girls [feat. LunchMoney Lewis] [Clean] by Nicki Minaj from the Album The Pinkprint (Deluxe) [Clean]
- Arrows (feat. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis) [Explicit] by Fences from the Album Lesser Oceans [Explicit]
- Downtown (Originally Performed By Macklemore & Ryan Lewis feat. Eric Nally, Melle Mel, Kool Moe Dee, & Grandmaster... by Radio Remix from the Album Downtown (Originally Performed By Macklemore and Ryan Lewis feat. Eric Nally, Melle Mel, Kool Moe Dee, & Grandmaster Caz) [Instrumental Version] - Single [Explicit]
- Outside (Aaron Lewis and Fred Durst) by Staind from the Album The Singles [Explicit]
Books about Lewis:
- Flash Boys: A Wall Street Revolt - Mar 23, 2015 by Michael Lewis
- The Complete C. S. Lewis Signature Classics - Feb 6, 2007 by C. S. Lewis
- The Screwtape Letters - Apr 21, 2015 by C. S. Lewis
- Mere Christianity - Apr 21, 2015 by C. S. Lewis and Kathleen Norris
- The Big Short: Inside the Doomsday Machine - Feb 1, 2011 by Michael Lewis
- Medical-Surgical Nursing: Assessment and Management of Clinical Problems, 9th Edition - Dec 16, 2013 by Sharon L. Lewis and Shannon Ruff Dirksen
- The Love Letters - Mar 24, 2015 by Beverly Lewis
- The Photograph - Sep 8, 2015 by Beverly Lewis
- Chronicles of Narnia Box Set - Oct 26, 2010 by C. S. Lewis
- Jerry Lee Lewis: His Own Story - Sep 15, 2015 by Rick Bragg
Movies about Lewis:
- Masterpiece: Inspector Lewis Season 12008 CC
- Masterpiece: Inspector Lewis Season 22009 CC
- Masterpiece: Inspector Lewis Season 72014 CC
- Lewis Black: Black on Broadway2004 R CC
- Masterpiece: Inspector Lewis, Season 4 [HD]2011 CC
- Masterpiece: Inspector Lewis Season 6 [HD]2013 CC
- Masterpiece: Inspector Lewis Season 5 [HD]2012 CC
- Masterpiece: Inspector Lewis Season 32010 CC
- Lewis Black: Red, White and Screwed2006 NR CC
- Lewis Black: Old Yeller - Live At the Borgata In Atlantic City2013 NR CC
Wiki information Lewis:
- Lewis and Clark Expedition
- Film subject, Event, TV subject, Creative Work, Literature Subject
The Lewis and Clark Expedition, also known as the Corps of Discovery Expedition, was the first American expedition to cross what is now the western portion of the United States, departing in May 1804, from near St. Louis on the Mississippi River,...
- Lewis acids and bases
Lewis acid is a chemical species that reacts with a Lewis base to form a Lewis adduct. A Lewis base, then, is any species that donates a pair of electrons to a Lewis acid to form a Lewis adduct. For example, OH− and NH₃ are Lewis bases, because they...
- Lewis gun
The Lewis gun is a World War I-era light machine gun of American design that was perfected and widely used by the British Empire. It was first used in combat in World War I, and continued in service with a number of armed forces through to the end of...
- C. S. Lewis
- Novelist, Person, Name source, Dedicator, Deceased Person, Fictional universe creator, Ranked item, Topic, Influence Node, Award Nominee
Clive Staples Lewis was a British novelist, poet, academic, medievalist, literary critic, essayist, lay theologian, broadcaster, lecturer, and Christian apologist. He held academic positions at both Oxford University, 1925–54, and Cambridge...
- John Lewis
- Department Stores Business, Organization, Business Operation, Employer
John Lewis is a chain of upmarket department stores operating throughout Great Britain. The chain is owned by the John Lewis Partnership, which was created alongside the first store in the mid-1800s. The first John Lewis store was opened in 1864 in...
- Lewis Carroll
- Novelist, Deceased Person, Author, Game designer, Topic, Identity, Name source, Person Or Being In Fiction, Fictional Character Creator, Visual Artist
Charles Lutwidge Dodgson, better known by his pen name, Lewis Carroll, was an English writer, mathematician, logician, Anglican deacon, and photographer. His most famous writings are Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, its sequel Through the...
- Lewis Hamilton
- Racecar driver, Award Nominee, Chivalric Order Member, Person or entity appearing in film, Competitor, Film actor, Person, Measured person, Topic, Award Winner
Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton, MBE is a British Formula One racing driver from England, currently racing for the Mercedes AMG team. He is the 2008 and 2014 Formula One World Champion. In December 1995, at the age of ten, he approached McLaren team...
- Jerry Lewis
- Comedian, Topic, Influence Node, Award Winner, Musician, TV Actor, Person or entity appearing in film, Composer, Featured artist, TV Director
Jerry Lewis AM is an American comedian, actor, singer, film producer, screenwriter and film director. He is known for his slapstick humor in film, television, stage and radio. He originally created an act with Dean Martin in 1946 which performed in...
- Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis
- Rhythm and blues Artist, Award Nominee, Film music contributor, Musical Artist, Musical Group, Record Producer, Composer, Identity, Lyricist, Award Winner
James Samuel "Jimmy Jam" Harris III and Terry Steven Lewis are an American R&B songwriting and record production team. They have enjoyed great success since the 1980s with various artists, most notably Janet Jackson. They have written 31 top ten hits...
- John Lewis
- Award Winner, Name source, Award Nominee, Person or entity appearing in film, Person, Politician, Film actor, Topic, Author, U.S. Congressperson
John Lewis appeared in the 2006 documentary film The One Percent.