Meaning : Derived from the god Mars, meaning 'war- like' or 'dedicated to Mars'., Warlike, Mars,
Pronunciation : (MAARKahS), MAR cus, MAR-kuws (Ancient Roman, Biblical Latin), MAHR-kəs (English) ,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Marcus:
- Name Number: 3. Meaning: Communication, Interaction, Friendship, Joy, Lightness, Humor, Art, Positivity, Optimism
Additional information Marcus:
- May be connected with the Roman god of war 'Mars', or the adjective 'mas' meaning 'male, virile'.
- Gaelic Meaning: The name Marcus is a Gaelic baby name. In Gaelic the meaning of the name Marcus is: Hammer.
- American Meaning: The name Marcus is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Marcus is: Hammer.
- Biblical Meaning: The name Marcus is a Biblical baby name. In Biblical the meaning of the name Marcus is: Polite; shining.
- Latin Meaning: The name Marcus is a Latin baby name. In Latin the meaning of the name Marcus is: Hammer. Mars (Roman god of war). Famous Bearer: Marcus Antonius (Mark Antony), Roman triumvir and lover of Egyptian Pharaoh Cleopatra.
- Shakespearean Meaning: The name Marcus is a Shakespearean baby name. In Shakespearean the meaning of the name Marcus is: The Tragedy of Julius Caesar. 'The Tragedy of Titus Andronicus' Marcus Andronicus, Tribune of the People, and brother to Titus.
- Roman praenomen, or given name, which was probably derived from the name of the Roman god MARS. Famous Roman bearers of this name were Marcus Tullius Cicero (known simply as Cicero), a 1st-century BC statesman and orator, Marcus Antonius (known as Mark Antony), a 1st-century BC politician, and Marcus Aurelius, a notable 2nd-century emperor. This was also the name of a pope of the 4th century. This spelling has occasionally been used in the English-speaking world, though the traditional English form Mark has been more common.
Definition funny of Marcus:
- "Damn girl, he's perfect, you got yourself a marcus!"
- "OMFG, u see that guy over there, I slept with him and he is such a Marcus."
- Do you know that man over there? He's my marcus.
- Marcus is a hero and I'm proud to know him, he has helped me out so much when my family fell apart and he never stopped smiling or gave up on helping me
- Ah God! That Marcus is punishing my toilet!
- If you are a marcus.. quit being a marcus... and tell her you like her already!
- "your sure lucky your marcus! i wish i was"
Expression information Marcus:
- People with this name tend to be creative and excellent at expressing themselves. They are drawn to the arts, and often enjoy life immensely. They are often the center of attention, and enjoy careers that put them in the limelight. They tend to become involved in many different activities, and are sometimes reckless with both their energies and with money.
Soul information Marcus:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire for order and physical creativity, and want to be involved in conventional, safe activities.
Songs about Marcus:
- Marcus Said - Sloan
- Think Big [feat. Marcus Miller] by Dave Koz from the Album Collaborations: 25th Anniversary Collection
- What He's Done for Me (I Never Shall Forget) [Live] [feat. Pastor Marcus Davidson] by Eddie Robinson & Mount Olive Fort Lauderdale from the Album One More Day (feat. Pastor Marcus Davidson)
- Policy of Truth (feat. Lindsay Marcus) by Richie Kohan from the Album Policy of Truth (feat. Lindsay Marcus)
- Speak To My Heart - Featuring Marcus Anderson by Bob Baldwin, Marcus Anderson from the Album Never Out of Season (2013)
- A Shogun Named Marcus by Clutch from the Album Transnational Speedway League: Anthems, Anecdotes And Undeniable Truths [Explicit]
- Churchyheart (Backyard Ritual) [feat. Marcus Miller] by Al Jarreau from the Album My Old Friend: Celebrating George Duke
- Smooth Groove (feat. Marcus Johnson) by Art Sherrod Jr. from the Album Seasons
- Or Nah (feat. Marcus Moody) [Explicit] by Eric Bellinger from the Album The ReBirth
- Sun Is Shining (Marcus Schossow & Years Remix) by Axwell and Axwell /\ Ingrosso and Sebastian Ingrosso from the Album Sun Is Shining (Remixes)
Books about Marcus:
- Meditations (Dover Thrift Editions) - Jul 11, 1997 by Marcus Aurelius
- Marcus: Scifi Alien Invasion Romance (Hell Squad Book 1) - Apr 19, 2015 by Anna Hackett
- Meditations - Nov 29, 2014 by Marcus Aurelius
- Marcus Off Duty: The Recipes I Cook at Home - Oct 21, 2014 by Marcus Samuelsson
- Marcus - Nov 1, 2004 by Michael Edward Giesler
- Marcus 582: Book Three of Cyborgs: Mankind Redefined - Apr 21, 2015 by Donna McDonald
- The Heart of Christianity: Rediscovering a Life of Faith - Aug 17, 2004 by Marcus J. Borg
- Meditations (Xist Classics) - Apr 20, 2015 by Marcus Aurelius
- Life from Our Land: The Search for a Simpler Life in a Complex World - Sep 18, 2015 by Marcus Grodi
- Meditations: A New Translation - May 6, 2003 by Marcus Aurelius and Gregory Hays
Movies about Marcus:
- Marcus Welby, M.D. Season One1969 CC
- Marcus2015 NR CC
- Marcus Welby, M.D. Season Two1970
- Kojak: The Marcus-Nelson Murders2012 NR
- Marcus2007 NR
- Garvey, Marcus - A Giant Of Black Politics2009 NR
- Marcus Miller: Master of All Trades2006 NR
- Marcus Welby, M.D.: Season 11969 Unrated
- Marcus Welby, M.D. Season Two2010 Unrated
- Marcus Miller - In Concert1994 NR
Wiki information Marcus:
- Neiman Marcus
- Retail, Business Operation, Employer, Identity, Organization Location, Product category, Restaurant, Organization, Ranked item
Neiman Marcus, originally Neiman-Marcus, is an American luxury specialty department store owned by the Neiman Marcus Group, headquartered in Dallas, Texas. The company also owns the Bergdorf Goodman department stores, and operates a direct marketing...
- Statesman, Politician, , Author, Literature Subject, Person Or Being In Fiction, Influence Node, , Name source, Person
Marcus Tullius Cicero was a Roman philosopher, politician, lawyer, orator, political theorist, consul and constitutionalist. He came from a wealthy municipal family of the Roman equestrian order, and is widely considered one of Rome's greatest...
- Marcus Aurelius
- Roman Emperor, Monarch, Deceased Person, Noble person, Art Subject, Film subject, Person, Author, Name source, Politician
Marcus Aurelius was Roman Emperor from 161 to 180. He ruled with Lucius Verus as co-emperor from 161 until Verus' death in 169. He was the last of the Five Good Emperors, and is also considered one of the most important Stoic philosophers. During his...
- Monarch, Dedicatee, Name source, Noble person, Deceased Person, Person, Military Commander, Politician
Trajan was Roman emperor from 98 AD until his death in 117 AD. Officially declared by the Senate as optimus princeps, Trajan is remembered as a successful soldier-emperor who presided over the greatest military expansion in Roman history, leading the...
- Mark Antony
- Military Commander, Politician, Measured person, Person, Name source, Military Person, Celebrity, Person Or Being In Fiction, Deceased Person
Marcus Antonius, commonly known in English as Mark or Marc Antony, was a Roman politician and general who played a critical role in the transformation of the Roman Republic from an oligarchy into the autocratic Roman Empire. Antony was a supporter of...
- Marcus Junius Brutus the Younger
- Military Commander, Person Or Being In Fiction, Author, Name source, Military Person, Politician, Deceased Person, Person
Marcus Junius Brutus, often referred to as Brutus, was a politician of the late Roman Republic. After being adopted by his uncle he used the name Quintus Servilius Caepio Brutus, but eventually returned to using his original name. He is best known in...
- Marcus Vitruvius Pollio
- Architect, Person, Name source, Author, Deceased Person, Dedicator
Marcus Vitruvius Pollio, commonly known as Vitruvius, was a Roman author, architect, civil engineer and military engineer during the 1st century BC, known for his multi-volume work entitled De Architectura. By his own description Vitruvius served as...
- Cato the Elder
- Politician, Person Or Being In Fiction, Deceased Person, Person, Author, Name source
Marcus Porcius Cato was a Roman statesman and historian, commonly referred to as Cato Censorius, Cato Sapiens, Cato Priscus, Cato Major, or Cato the Elder; known for his conservatism and opposition to Hellenization. He came of an ancient Plebeian...
- Marcus Corporation
- Business Operation, Issuer, Brand, Hotel Brand, Organization, Employer
The Marcus Corporation is a publicly held company headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The company operates two principal divisions: Marcus Theatres and Marcus Hotels and Resorts. One of the company's principal assets, Baymont Motels, was sold to...
- Marcus Welby, M.D.
- TV Drama, TV Program, Netflix Title, Award-Winning Work, Award-Nominated Work, Topic
Marcus Welby, M.D. was an American medical drama television program that aired on ABC from September 23, 1969 to July 29, 1976. It starred Robert Young as a family practitioner with a kind bedside manner and James Brolin as the younger doctor he...