Meaning : English form of Marcus, The name Mark is dervied from the Latin Martkos and means 'war-like' and 'dedicated to mars'. Mark was one of the disciples., Warlike,
Pronunciation : (MAARK), MAHRK (English, Russian) , mark,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Mark:
- Name Number: 7. Meaning: Inner, Thought, Mind, Psychology, Secret, Mystic, Strange, Study, Knowledge, Loneliness, Rest
Additional information Mark:
- From the Latin name Marcus, borne by the author of the second New Testament gospel. According to Arthurian legend, King Mark is the aged ruler of Cornwall, whose name may be derived from the Celtic word 'march', meaning 'horse'. Namesakes include Mark Wahlberg (actor), Mark Hughes (footballer) and Mark Twain (real name Samuel Langhorne Clemens), an American author.
- Shakespearean Meaning: The name Mark is a Shakespearean baby name. In Shakespearean the meaning of the name Mark is: Antony and Cleopatra' and 'The Tragedy of Julius Caesar.' Mark Antony, roman triumvir and Cleopatra's lover.
- American Meaning: The name Mark is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Mark is: Antony and Cleopatra' and 'The Tragedy of Julius Caesar.' Mark Antony, roman triumvir and Cleopatra's lover.
- Swedish Meaning: The name Mark is a Swedish baby name. In Swedish the meaning of the name Mark is: Warring.
- Latin Meaning: The name Mark is a Latin baby name. In Latin the meaning of the name Mark is: Hammer.
- English Meaning: The name Mark is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Mark is: Derived from Latin 'Marcus': Mars (Roman god of war). St. Mark was the author of the second Gospel. Famous Bearer: Mark Twain (1835-1910). Mark Twain's real name was Samuel Clemens.
- Biblical Meaning: The name Mark is a Biblical baby name. In Biblical the meaning of the name Mark is: Polite; shining.
- Arthurian Legend Meaning: The name Mark is an Arthurian Legend baby name. In Arthurian Legend the meaning of the name Mark is: Tristan's uncIe.
- Form of MARCUS. Saint Mark was the author of the second Gospel in the New Testament. He is the patron saint of Venice, where he is supposedly buried. Though in use during the Middle Ages, Mark was not common in the English-speaking world until the 19th century, when it began to be used alongside the classical form Marcus. In the Celtic legend of Tristan and Isolde this was the name of a king of Cornwall. It was also borne by the American author Mark Twain (1835-1910), real name Samuel Clemens, the author of 'Tom Sawyer' and 'Huckleberry Finn'. He actually took his pen name from a call used by riverboat workers on the Mississippi River to indicate a depth of two fathoms. This is also the usual English spelling of the name of the 1st-century BC Roman triumvir Marcus Antonius (Mark Antony).
Definition funny of Mark:
- On your Mark, Get Set, Go!
- This town has a lot of marks.
- FRIEND 1: "omg! who is that hottie with a body over there? he is irresistably hot. i wish he knew i was alive.... " FRIEND 2: "oh him? that's mark, of course. who doesn't know him?" *mark starts walking toward them* FRIEND 1: "omg! omg! he's coming over here, do you think he likes me? theres now way he could, im too ugly..." FRIEND 2: "don't be too sure.... he always goes for the girl that least expects it, in this case.... your the girl, good luck! HI MARK!" MARK: "hello ladies. i was just talking to my friends, when i spotted the most beautiful person i have ever seen, so i decided to come over here and ask her out to the movies this friday. what do you say?" FRIEND 2: "who is the beautiful person? me, or her?" MARK: "sorry, but it's her, not you... so, will you?" FRIEND 1: "omg. of course. i can't believe you think i'm beautiful... no ones ever said that too me, besides my parents, but they have to say it..." MARK: "great, i'll pick you up around 7:30? k?" FRIEND 1: "yea, it's great. i can't wait!" *mark walks away* FRIEND 2: "what did i tell you?" FRIEND 1: "wow, i am so excited, and nervous, i never would have thought mark would ask me out!!! this is the best day of my life! *thus concludes, the best day of her life, this could be you, if you know a mark... just wait.... your time will come*
- The only thing missing in my life was Mark.
- ; Mark is the best boyfriend anyone can ever have, dont let em' go.
- Shit, I shouldn't of let that drug dealer come to my house. Now he's gonna mark me.
- Joe: haha, this guy is hilarious Tom: Yeah he's really the life of the party Tim: HAHAHA, he just gave someone the arabian sandgoggles Sandy: Must be Mark
Expression information Mark:
- People with this name are excellent at analyzing, understanding, and learning. They tend to be mystics, philosophers, scholars, and teachers. Because they live so much in the mind, they tend to be quiet and introspective, and are usually introverts. When presented with issues, they will see the larger picture. Their solitary thoughtfulness and analysis of people and world events may make them seem aloof, and sometimes even melancholy.
Soul information Mark:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire to use their abilities in leadership, and to have personal independence. They would rather focus on large, important issues, and delegate the details.
Songs about Mark:
- Mark Rothko Song - Dar Williams
- Mark Twain - Harry Belafonte
- Holiday (DJ Antoine Vs Mad Mark 2K15 Radio Edit) by DJ Antoine feat. Akon from the Album Holiday
- Uptown Jazz (feat. Gabriel Mark Hasselbach, Paul Hardcastle Jr. & Mic Gillette) by Tony Saunders from the Album Uptown Jazz (feat. Gabriel Mark Hasselbach, Paul Hardcastle Jr. & Mic Gillette)
- What My Cutie Mark Is Telling Me by Daniel Ingram from the Album My Little Pony - Songs of Ponyville (Music from the Original TV Series)
- Better Hide, Better Run (feat. Mark Johns) by The Glitch Mob from the Album Piece of the Indestructible - EP
- Uptown Funk (String Quartet Tribute to Mark Ronson Feat. Bruno Mars) by Vitamin String Quartet from the Album VSQ Performs the Hits of 2015 Volume 1
- By The Mark by Dailey & Vincent from the Album Dailey & Vincent
- Grace That Won't Let Go (feat. Mark Harris) by Gateway Devotions from the Album The Blessed Life: Songs from Gateway Devotions
- Nasty Bitch (Feat. Money Mark Of Tre+6) [Explicit] by Trina from the Album Diamond Princess [Explicit]
Books about Mark:
- Plunder and Deceit - Aug 4, 2015 by Mark R. Levin
- Mark for Everyone (The New Testament for Everyone) - Jan 1, 2004 by Tom Wright
- The Gospel according to Mark: The English Text With Introduction, Exposition, and Notes (The New International... - Apr 14, 1974 by William L. Lane
- Mark (N. T. Wright for Everyone Bible Study Guides) - Jul 9, 2009 by N. T. Wright and Lin Johnson
- "A Disgrace to the Profession" - Sep 1, 2015 by Mark Steyn (editor) and Mark Steyn
- Rogue: The Paladin Prophecy Book 3 - Sep 8, 2015 by Mark Frost
- Mark (Teach the Text Commentary Series) - Dec 2, 2014 by Grant R. Osborne and Mark Strauss
- Mark (In the Company of Snipers) (Volume 2) - Jan 9, 2014 by Irish Winters
- The Gospel of St. Mark - Enhanced E-Book Edition (Illustrated. Includes 5 Different Versions, Matthew Henry Commentary... - Aug 9, 2014 by God and Saint Mark
- PLEDGE OF HONOR: A Mark Cole Thriller - Sep 16, 2015 by J.T. Brannan
Movies about Mark:
- Jamie Marks Is Dead2014 NR CC
- The Boy Who Drew Cats, Told by William Hurt with Music by Mark Isham2012 NR CC
- The Firebird, Told by Susan Sarandon with Music by Mark Isham2012 NR CC
- The Emperor and The Nightingale, Told by Glenn Close with Music by Mark Isham2012 NR CC
- The Emperor's New Clothes, Told by Sir John Gielgud with Music by Mark Isham2012 NR CC
- The Mark Of Zorro1999 CC
- The Steadfast Tin Soldier, Told by Jeremy Irons with Music by Mark Isham2012 NR CC
- Drawing With Mark: We All Scream for Ice Cream!2013 NR CC
- Mugshots: John Lennon - Death of a Beatle - Mark David Chapman2013 NR CC
- 92Y: Mario Batali and Mark Bittman with Sam Sifton - Cooking Fast and Slow2014 NR CC
Wiki information Mark:
- Question mark
The question mark, also known as the interrogation point, query, and eroteme, is a punctuation mark that indicates an interrogative clause, or phrase in many languages. The question mark is not used for indirect questions. The question mark glyph is...
- Deutsche Mark
The Deutsche Mark was the official currency of West Germany and unified Germany until the adoption of the euro in 2002. It is commonly called the "Deutschmark" in English but not in German. Germans often say "Mark" or "D-Mark". It was first issued...
- Gospel of Mark
- Religious Text, Adapted Work, Book, Written Work
The Gospel According to Mark, the second book of the New Testament, is one of the four canonical gospels and the three synoptic gospels. It was traditionally thought to be an epitome of Matthew, which accounts for its place as the second gospel in...
- Legal subject, Organization type
A trademark, trade mark, or trade-mark is a recognizable sign, design, or expression which identifies products or services of a particular source from those of others, although trademarks used to identify services are usually called service marks....
- The Undertaker
- Wrestler, Musical Artist, TV Personality, Film actor, Person or entity appearing in film, TV Actor, TV Writer, Person, Award Winner
Mark William Calaway, better known by his ring name The Undertaker, is an American professional wrestler and Hollywood actor. He is currently signed to WWE, where he has worked since 1990, making him the company's longest-tenured in-ring...
- Quotation mark
Quotation marks, also called quotes, quote marks, quotemarks, speech marks and inverted commas, are punctuation marks used in pairs in various writing systems to set off direct speech, a quotation, or a phrase. The pair consists of an opening...
- Mark the Evangelist
- Writer, Author, Name source, Art Subject, Deceased Person, Person
Mark the Evangelist is the traditionally ascribed author of the Gospel of Mark. Mark is said to have founded the Church of Alexandria, one of the most important episcopal sees of Early Christianity. His feast day is celebrated on April 25, and his...
- Mark Ronson
- Alternative Artist, Musical Artist, Film actor, Lyricist, Broadcast Artist, Award Nominee, Musician, Film producer, Organization founder, Record Producer
Mark Daniel Ronson is an English musician, DJ, singer, and record producer. While his debut album Here Comes the Fuzz failed to make an impact on the charts, his second album, Version, reached number two in the UK Album chart, and included three UK...
- Mark Wahlberg
- Actor, Celebrity, Award Nominee, Identity, Film producer, TV program guest, Topic, Musician, Person or entity appearing in film, Film actor
Mark Robert Michael Wahlberg is an American actor, producer, businessman, and former model and rapper. He was known as Marky Mark in his earlier years, becoming famous for his 1991 debut as frontman with the band Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch....
- Mark Twain
- Novelist, Author, Film subject, Composer, Literature Subject, Game designer, Fictional Character Creator, Deceased Person, Architectural structure owner, Identity
Samuel Langhorne Clemens, better known by his pen name Mark Twain, was an American author and humorist. He wrote The Adventures of Tom Sawyer and its sequel, Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, the latter often called "The Great American Novel". Twain...