Meaning : A biblical name meaning 'lady'. The name is associated with domesticity , hard work and a willingness to learn., Lady,
Pronunciation : MAHR-thə (English) , MAR tha, (MAARThah),
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Martha:
- Name Number: 7. Meaning: Inner, Thought, Mind, Psychology, Secret, Mystic, Strange, Study, Knowledge, Loneliness, Rest
Additional information Martha:
- The name Martha comes from the New Testament, where it was borne by the sister of Lazarus. Due to this character's life, the name Martha has become tied to the idea of hard domestic work. The name is promoted by Martha Stewart (TV personality) and Martha Wainwright (folk singer).
- Hebrew Meaning: The name Martha is a Hebrew baby name. In Hebrew the meaning of the name Martha is: Bitter.
- American Meaning: The name Martha is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Martha is: Bitter.
- Aramaic Meaning: The name Martha is an Aramaic baby name. In Aramaic the meaning of the name Martha is: Lady. In the Bible, Martha was the sister of Lazarus and Mary of Bethany and known for her obsession with housework.
- Biblical Meaning: The name Martha is a Biblical baby name. In Biblical the meaning of the name Martha is: Who becomes bitter; provoking.
- From Aramaic מרתא (marta') meaning "lady, mistress". In the New Testament this is the name of the sister of Lazarus and Mary of Bethany. It was not used in England until after the Protestant Reformation. A notable bearer was Martha Washington (1731-1802), the wife of the first American president George Washington.
Definition funny of Martha:
- The new girl applied to the new teaching program and was such a bad-ass that she got in; the interviewers were stunned by her sense of martha-ness.
- Martha hottness girl beauty lovable bestfriend
- Martha is the most amazing girl I've ever met.
- Hey look its martha claire!! Wow that guy shes with is lucky
- 1: wow I'm so glad I've got Martha 2: not as much as I am that I'v got Melissa 3: Look at the definition Dude. 4: oh. 5: YEAH SUCKAAA XD!
- everybody needs a Martha in their lives <3
- Look at that martha with all that bling.
Expression information Martha:
- People with this name are excellent at analyzing, understanding, and learning. They tend to be mystics, philosophers, scholars, and teachers. Because they live so much in the mind, they tend to be quiet and introspective, and are usually introverts. When presented with issues, they will see the larger picture. Their solitary thoughtfulness and analysis of people and world events may make them seem aloof, and sometimes even melancholy.
Soul information Martha:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire for love and companionship, and want to work with others to achieve peace and harmony.
Songs about Martha:
- For Martha - Smashing Pumpkins
- Little Martha - Allman Brothers
- Martha - Tom Waits
- Martha My Dear - The Beatles
- Martha's Foolish Ginger - Tori Amos
- Martha's Harbour - All About Eve
- Message to Martha - Burt Bacharach and Hal David, Adam Faith
- Everybody Everybody Feat. Martha Wash (Single) Le Freak Mix by Black Box from the Album Everybody Everybody Feat. Martha Wash (Single)
- Little Martha by The Allman Brothers Band from the Album Eat A Peach
- Little Martha by The Allman Brothers Band from the Album An Anthology: Duane Allman
Books about Martha:
- Martha: A Novel - Jun 1, 2011 by Diana Wallis Taylor
- Martha Stewart's Appetizers: 200 Recipes for Dips, Spreads, Snacks, Small Plates, and Other Delicious Hors d'Oeuvres... - Sep 8, 2015 by Martha Stewart
- Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World: Finding Intimacy With God in the Busyness of Life - Jul 18, 2000 by Joanna Weaver
- Martha Stewart's Cooking School: Lessons and Recipes for the Home Cook - Oct 21, 2008 by Martha Stewart
- Martha Speaks Story Time Collection: Special 20th Anniversary Edition - Sep 6, 2011 by Susan Meddaugh
- Martha - Apr 21, 2005 by Gennady Spirin
- Mostly Martha - Jan 31, 2003 by Gedeck,Martina Ddpa 340804
- Healing After Loss: Daily Meditations For Working Through Grief - Dec 1, 1994 by Martha Whitmore Hickman
- Hooray! It's a New Royal Baby! - Apr 21, 2015 by Martha Mumford and Ada Grey
- One Pot: 120+ Easy Meals from Your Skillet, Slow Cooker, Stockpot, and More - Sep 23, 2014 by Editors of Martha Stewart Living
Movies about Martha:
- Martha Speaks Season 2 [HD]2008 CC
- Mary and Martha2013 NR CC
- Martha Speaks Season 12010 CC
- Strange Love Of Martha Ivers1946 Unrated CC
- Martha Speaks Volume 32008 CC
- Martha Marcy May Marlene2011 R CC
- Bartók, Sonata for Two Pianos and Percussion - Martha Argerich, Nelson Freire (No dialog)2015 G
- Ravel, Piano concerto in G major - Martha Argerich, Yuri Temirkanov, Royal Stockholm Philharmonic Orchestra (No...2015 G
- Mostly Martha (English Subtitled)2001 PG CC
- Martha Argerich and friends play Beethoven, Tchaikovsky, Schumann, Ravel...2011 G CC
Wiki information Martha:
- Deceased Person, Name source, Person
Martha of Bethany is a biblical figure described in the Gospels of Luke and John. Together with her siblings Lazarus and Mary, she is described as living in the village of Bethany near Jerusalem. She was witness to Jesus' resurrection of her brother,...
- Martha and the Vandellas
- Rhythm and blues Artist, Musical Artist, Award Winner, Musical Group, Broadcast Artist, Hall of fame inductee
Martha and the Vandellas were an American vocal group who found fame in the 1960s with a string of hit singles on Motown's Gordy label. Founded in 1960 by friends Annette Beard, Rosalind Ashford and Gloria Williams, the band eventually included...
- Martha Washington
- Politician, Person, Person Or Being In Fiction, Deceased Person, Name source
Martha Washington was the wife of George Washington, the first president of the United States. Although the title was not coined until after her death, Martha Washington is considered to be the first First Lady of the United States. During her...
- Martha Graham
- Choreographer, Award Winner, Name source, Deceased Person, TV Actor, Person, Influence Node, Film subject, Social network user, Award Nominee
Martha Graham was an American modern dancer and choreographer whose influence on dance has been compared with the influence Picasso had on the modern visual arts, Stravinsky had on music, or Frank Lloyd Wright had on architecture. She danced and...
- Martha Stewart
- TV Host, Celebrity, TV Personality, Literature Subject, Person or entity appearing in film, Award Winner, Award Nominee, TV Producer, Person, Author
Martha Helen Stewart is an American businesswoman, writer, and television personality. As founder of Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, she has gained success through a variety of business ventures, encompassing publishing, broadcasting, merchandising,...
- Ivy Queen
- Reggaeton Artist, Musical Artist, Topic, Featured artist, Award Nominee, Composer, Film actor, Lyricist, , Identity
Martha Ivelisse Pesante Rodríguez, known as Ivy Queen, is a Puerto Rican-born American singer, songwriter, record producer and actress. She was born in Añasco, Puerto Rico, but later moved with her parents to New York City, where she lived until she...
- Princess Märtha of Sweden
- Noble person, Family member, Family, Person, Deceased Person
Princess Märtha of Sweden was Crown Princess of Norway as the spouse of the future King Olav V. The presently reigning King Harald V is her son.
- Martha Argerich
- Classical Artist, Musical Artist, Social network user, Award Nominee, Topic, Film director, Identity, Award Winner, Person, Musician
Martha Argerich is an Argentine pianist, widely regarded as one of the greatest of the second half of the 20th century.
- Martha Plimpton
- Actor, Theater Actor, Award Nominee, TV Actor, Film actor, Topic, Award Winner, Person or entity appearing in film, Identity, Topic
Martha Campbell Plimpton is an American stage, film, and television actress, singer, and former model. Her feature film debut was in The River Rat before rising to prominence in the Richard Donner film The Goonies. She has also appeared in The...
- Martha Nussbaum
- Philosopher, Author, Academic, Person or entity appearing in film, Topic, Topic, Influence Node, Award Winner, Person
Martha Craven Nussbaum is an American philosopher and the current Ernst Freund Distinguished Service Professor of Law and Ethics at the University of Chicago, a chair that includes appointments in the philosophy department and the law school. She has...