Meaning : Champion, Champion or Passionate, Originated in Celtic language, meaning 'champion' or 'cloud' or 'passionate' and was adopted into english language in the 19th century., Champion Or Passionate,
Pronunciation : neel, (NEEL), NEEL (English) ,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Neil:
- Name Number: 4. Meaning: Stability, Sameness, Regular, Rules, Condition, Responsibility, Routine, Frame, Detail, Order
Additional information Neil:
- The name Neil comes from Irish name 'Niall', the origin of which is disputed; it may mean 'cloud', 'passionate' or 'champion'. Namesakes include Neil Young (singer) and Neil Morrissey (actor).
- Celtic Meaning: The name Neil is a Celtic baby name. In Celtic the meaning of the name Neil is: Champion.
- Gaelic Meaning: The name Neil is a Gaelic baby name. In Gaelic the meaning of the name Neil is: Champion.
- Irish Meaning: The name Neil is an Irish baby name. In Irish the meaning of the name Neil is: Champion.
- Scandinavian Meaning: The name Neil is a Scandinavian baby name. In Scandinavian the meaning of the name Neil is: Champion.
- American Meaning: The name Neil is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Neil is: Champion.
- From the Gaelic name Niall, which is of disputed origin, possibly meaning "champion" or "cloud". This was the name of a semi-legendary 4th-century Irish king, Niall of the Nine Hostages. In the early Middle Ages the name was adopted by Viking raiders and settlers in Ireland in the form Njal. The Vikings transmitted it to England and Scotland, as well as bringing it back to Scandinavia. It was also in use among the Normans, who were of Scandinavian origin. A famous bearer of this name was American astronaut Neil Armstrong (1930-2012), the first person to walk on the moon.
Definition funny of Neil:
- Sean is definetely not a Neil. He is an anti-neil.
- thanks a lot, you just neiled it.
- neil has small nuts.
- If you were any more wrong, you'd be neil
- "Neil is a bit of a Neil"
- "Neil said he didn't want to help you raise your child he only wanted to make one. He ran off to Idaho."
- ' i met a neil today, how lucky am i :)'
Expression information Neil:
- People with this name tend to be a powerful force to all whose lives they touch. They are capable, charismatic leaders who often undertake large endeavors with great success. They value truth, justice, and discipline, and may be quick-tempered with those who do not. If they fail to develop their potential, they may become impractical and rigid.
Soul information Neil:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire for travel and adventure, and want to set their own pace in life without being governed by tradition.
Songs about Neil:
- Neil Armstrong - Starkicker
- Neil Gow's Apprentice - Fairport Convention
- Neil Jung - Teenage Fanclub
- Neil Rocks My World - Sugarcult
- Oh Neil - Carole King
- Home Sweet Home [feat. Vince Neil] by Justin Moore from the Album Nashville Outlaws - A Tribute To Motley Crue
- You Don't Bring Me Flowers (Duet with Neil Diamond) [Clean] by Barbra Streisand duet with Neil Diamond from the Album Duets
- You Don't Bring Me Flowers (Duet with Neil Diamond) [Clean] by Barbra Streisand duet with Neil Diamond from the Album The Essential Barbra Streisand
- Sweet Caroline (Instrumental In The Style Of Neil Diamond) by The Hit Beat Makers from the Album Instrumental Pop Beats Vol. 5 - Instrumental Versions of The Greatest Pop Hits
- Sweet Caroline (Minus All Guitars) [In The Style Of 'Neil Diamond'] by Backing Tracks For Guitarists from the Album Backing Tracks For Guitarists - Volume 8
Books about Neil:
- American Gods - Apr 30, 2002 by Neil Gaiman
- Neverwhere: Author's Preferred Text - Jul 28, 2015 by Neil Gaiman
- Neil Gaiman/Chris Riddell 3-Book Box Set: Coraline; The Graveyard Book; Fortunately, the Milk - Sep 8, 2015 by Neil Gaiman and Chris Riddell
- The Ocean at the End of the Lane: A Novel - Jun 3, 2014 by Neil Gaiman
- Trigger Warning: Short Fictions and Disturbances - Feb 3, 2015 by Neil Gaiman
- Anansi Boys - Sep 26, 2006 by Neil Gaiman
- Neil Patrick Harris: Choose Your Own Autobiography - Sep 15, 2015 by Neil Patrick Harris
- The Sleeper and the Spindle - Sep 22, 2015 by Neil Gaiman and Chris Riddell
- The Sandman Vol. 1: Preludes & Nocturnes (New Edition) - Oct 19, 2010 by Neil Gaiman and Sam Keith
- Unnatural Creatures: Stories Selected by Neil Gaiman - Apr 23, 2013 by Neil Gaiman and Maria Dahvana Headley
Movies about Neil:
- Neil Young - Here We Are In The Years2011 NR CC
- Dirty O'Neil2012 R CC
- Neil Young Heart of Gold [HD]2006 PG CC
- 92Y - Neil Gaiman in Conversation with Chip Kidd (November 9, 2008)2011 NR CC
- StarTalk with Neil DeGrasse Tyson2015 CC
- Young, Neil - Under Review 1966-19752009 NR
- The Legend of Neil - Season 12012 CC
- Neil Young Journeys2012 PG CC
- The Legend of Neil - Season 32012 CC
- Neil Young: Under Review 1976-20062009 NR
Wiki information Neil:
- Bernard Shakey
- Folk rock Artist, Musical Artist, TV Actor, Collector, TV Personality, Broadcast Artist, Film writer, Film director, Influence Node, Record Producer
Neil Percival Young, OC OM is a Canadian singer-songwriter and musician. He began performing in a group covering Shadows instrumentals in Canada in 1960, before moving to California in 1966, where he co-founded the band Buffalo Springfield together...
- Neil Gaiman
- Novelist, Author, Person, Lyricist, Person or entity appearing in film, TV Actor, Comic Book Creator, Composer, Blogger, Fictional Character Creator
Neil Richard MacKinnon Gaiman is an English author of short fiction, novels, comic books, graphic novels, audio theatre and films. His notable works include the comic book series The Sandman and novels Stardust, American Gods, Coraline, and The...
- Neil Armstrong
- Astronaut, Person or entity appearing in film, Deceased Person, Person, Person Or Being In Fiction, Hall of fame inductee, Music video performer, Identity, Award Nominee, Organization member
Neil Alden Armstrong was an American astronaut and the first person to walk on the Moon. He was also an aerospace engineer, naval aviator, test pilot, and university professor. Before becoming an astronaut, Armstrong was an officer in the U.S. Navy...
- Neil Diamond
- Soft rock Artist, Musical Artist, Film actor, Person, Featured artist, TV Personality, Topic, Musician, Identity, TV Actor
Neil Leslie Diamond is an American singer-songwriter and musician with a career that began in the 1960s. Diamond has sold over 125 million records worldwide, making him one of the world's best-selling artists of all time. He is the third most...
- Neil Peart
- Hard rock Artist, Musical Artist, Musician, Person, Record Producer, TV Actor, Person or entity appearing in film, Influence Node, Film music contributor, Identity
Neil Ellwood Peart, OC, is a Canadian-American musician and author. He is the drummer and lyricist for the rock band Rush. Peart has received numerous awards for his musical performances, including induction into the Modern Drummer Hall of Fame in...
- Neil deGrasse Tyson
- Astrophysicist, Academic, Astronomer, Award Nominee, TV Personality, Organization leader, Person, Topic, Influence Node, Identity
Neil deGrasse Tyson is an American astrophysicist, cosmologist, author, and science communicator. Since 1996, he has been the Frederick P. Rose Director of the Hayden Planetarium at the Rose Center for Earth and Space in New York City. The center is...
- Neil Sedaka
- Pop Artist, Musical Artist, Identity, Lyricist, Featured artist, Musician, Film actor, Composer, Social network user, Broadcast Artist
Neil Sedaka is an American pop/rock singer, pianist, composer and record producer. Since his music career began in 1957, he has sold millions of records as an artist and has written or co-written over 500 songs for himself and others, collaborating...
- Neil Finn
- Art rock Artist, Musical Artist, Social network user, Composer, Lyricist, Person, Guitarist, Topic, Broadcast Artist, Film actor
Neil Mullane Finn OBE is a New Zealand recording artist. Along with his brother Tim Finn, he was the co-frontman for Split Enz, a project that he joined after it was initially founded by Tim Finn and others, and is now frontman for Crowded House. He...
- Neil Simon
- Dramatist, Author, Award Nominee, Identity, Award Winner, Topic, TV Actor, TV Writer, Film director, Name source
Marvin Neil Simon is an American playwright and screenwriter. He has written more than thirty plays and nearly the same number of movie screenplays, mostly adaptations of his plays. He has received more combined Oscar and Tony nominations than any...
- Neil Patrick Harris
- Actor, Celebrity, Influence Node, TV Producer, Person Or Being In Fiction, TV Director, Musician, TV Personality, TV program guest, Film director
Neil Patrick Harris is an American actor, writer, producer, director, comedian, magician, singer, and television host. He is known for playing Barney Stinson in the television comedy series How I Met Your Mother, for which he was nominated for four...