Meaning : A biblical name meaning 'comfort' or 'rest'., Rest, Rest, Peace,
Origin : Hebrew,
Pronunciation : NO uh, (NOWah),
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Noah:
- Name Number: 2. Meaning: Partnership, Sense, Other, Passive, Assistance, Acceptance, Intimacy, Peace
Additional information Noah:
- Noah is a name with Hebrew origins. The meaning of Noah is peace/rest. In the Bible, Noah was known for gathering animals “two by two” and creating an ark of refuse for the great flood. Common nicknames include “No” and “Noey.” Noah is an extremely popular name in the United States as well as abroad. It has consistently been in the top 10 names in the United States, ranking #1 in 2013 per the Social Security Administration. Among WikiName.net user lists, Noah is #2 on WikiName.net’s most popular names of 2014. Other that the Biblical Noah, famous Noahs include actors Noah Wiley, Noah Emmerich and Noah Beery. Noah Adams is a famous correspondent for National Public Radio. Of note, it is rarely used as a female name but is the name of Noah Lindsey Cyrus, daughter of Billy Ray Cyrus. Authors include Noah Webster, Noah Gordon, and Noah Eli Gorden. Fictional Noahs that are not in religious works include Noah Calhoun in The Notebook. The popular t.v. show Glee has a main character named Noah Puckerman (Puck). It is also a common name on U.S. soap operas, including Noah Drake (General Hospital), Noah Mayer (As the World Turns), and Noah Newman (The Young and the Restless). WikiName.net users who like the name Noah also like names that are trendy and Biblical.
- Noah is the biblical character who saved his family along with 2 of every special of animal from God's punishing flood, thanks to the construction of a wooden Ark. The meaning may also root in the Hebrew for 'to comfort'. Noah became a popular name in the late 1990s.
- Biblical Meaning: The name Noah is a Biblical baby name. In Biblical the meaning of the name Noah is: Repose; consolation.
- American Meaning: The name Noah is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Noah is: Repose; consolation.
- Hebrew Meaning: The name Noah is a Hebrew baby name. In Hebrew the meaning of the name Noah is: Comfort; long-lived; repose. In the Bible, Noah built the ark, allowing his family and a male/female pair of every species of animal to survive the Flood.
- Who doesn’t love the story of Noah and the ark? Tons of little animals, a cool boat and -- oh yeah -- the preservation of all the world’s creatures. These days, the name itself has become just about as beloved. It started to really jump in the ’90s, most notably from ’95 (number 100) to ’96 (number 60). The cause? Perhaps a certain Dr. John Carter, introduced on ER in 1994 and played by…Noah Wyle. The name’s continued to rise since then, shooting even further up the charts over the last decade. The meaning -- “to rest” or “to wander” -- seems appropriate for this soothing and slightly quirky-sounding name. For a classic biblical name, Noah definitely has a unique freshness and style.
Definition funny of Noah:
- Dude it was like totaly awsome it was like a noah!!!
- Chuck Norris bowed down to his master, Noah
- Yo I Noahd them bitches so hard last night.
- Boy: I can't stop smiling! Girl: How come? Boy: This boy! He gives me butterflies! Girl: He sounds like a sweetheart. Boy: He is! He's a total Noah.
- Noah Jose! (pronounced in spanish: no way jose)
- "Wow, he is so dedicated and hard-working! Why isn't he dating anyone?" "Because he's totally a Noah!"
Expression information Noah:
- People with this name tend to be quiet, cooperative, considerate, sympathetic to others, adaptable, balanced and sometimes shy. They are trustworthy, respecting the confidences of others, and make excellent diplomats, mediators and partners. They are often very intuitive. They like detail and order, and often find change worrisome. They may sometimes feel insecure or restless.
Soul information Noah:
- People with this name have a deep inner need for quiet, and a desire to understand and analyze the world they live in, and to learn the deeper truths.
Songs about Noah:
- Noah - Harry Belafonte
- Noah Freestyle - Lil' Flip
- Noah Sugar Pan - The Congos
- Noah's Dove - 10,000 Maniacs
- Noah's Journey - The Notebook Soundtrack
- The Noah Plan - Peter Schilling
- Mr Noah by Panda Bear from the Album Mr Noah
- Noah Reprise by Take 6 from the Album One
- Kick Dust (feat. Noah Gordon) by The Lacs from the Album Keep It Redneck
- Mardi Gras (feat. Bubba Sparxxx & Noah Gordon) by Mud Digger from the Album Mud Digger, Vol. 6
Books about Noah:
- The Days of Noah: Book One: Conspiracy (Volume 1) - Nov 4, 2014 by Mark Goodwin
- Noah (Gillham Pack Book 4) - Sep 22, 2015 by Catherine Lievens
- Noah - Mar 18, 2014 by Darren Aronofsky and Ari Handel
- Noah Mitchell (Mitchell - Healy Series Book 1) - May 16, 2014 by Jennifer Foor
- Noah (5th Street Book 1) - Mar 1, 2012 by Elizabeth Reyes
- Noah Primeval (Chronicles of the Nephilim) (Volume 1) - Oct 25, 2011 by Brian Godawa
- Inside Noah's Ark - Oct 14, 2002 by Charles Reasoner
- Noah Chases the Wind (Redleaf Lane - Early Experiences) - Apr 14, 2015 by Michelle Worthington and Joseph Cowman
- The Days of Noah, Book Three: Perdition (Volume 3) - Sep 3, 2015 by Mark Goodwin
- NOAH: THE NIGHTWALKERS - May 1, 2011 by Jacquelyn Frank
Movies about Noah:
- Noah2014 PG-13 CC
- VeggieTales: Minnesota Cuke and the Search for Noah's Umbrella2009 CC
- Trevor Noah: African American [HD]2013 NR CC
- The Quest for Noah's Ark1999 NR CC
- Mysteries Noah and the Flood2009 NR CC
- Noah's Ark (English Subtitled)2009 NR
- Noah and the Ark, Told by Kelly McGillis with Music by The Paul Winter Consort2012 NR CC
- VeggieTales: Noah's Ark2015 NR CC
- The Daily Show with Trevor Noah2015 CC
- Inside Noah's Ark - Tales of the Desert (Amazon.com Exclusive)2013 NR CC
Famous about Noah:
- Noah Wyle - actor
- Noah Calhoun - character in The Notebook
- Noah Baumbach - director and writer
Infamous about Noah:
- Noah Bennett - character in Passions
- Noah Drake - character in General Hospital
Wiki information Noah:
- Prophet, Deceased Person, Person, Person Or Being In Fiction, Name source, Literature Subject
In the Abrahamic religions, Noah, or Noé or Noach, was the tenth and last of the pre-flood Patriarchs. The story of Noah's Ark is told in the Torah in the Genesis flood narrative. The biblical account is followed by the story of the Curse of...
- Noah's Ark
- Exhibition subject, Literature Subject, Art Subject
Noah's Ark is the vessel in the Genesis flood narrative by which God saves Noah, his family, and a remnant of all the world's animals from the flood. According to Genesis, God gave Noah instructions for building the ark. Seven days before the deluge,...
- Epic Film, Film, Award-Nominated Work, Topic
Noah is a 2014 American biblically inspired epic film co-written and directed by Darren Aronofsky, written by Ari Handel, and inspired by the story of Noah's Ark from the Book of Genesis. The film stars Russell Crowe as Noah, along with Jennifer...
- Alternative Artist, Featured artist, Award Nominee, Musical Artist, Musical Group
Noah is an Indonesian alternative pop/rock band. The band originally consisted of four members, known as Ariel, Uki, Lukman, and David. Andika and Indra split from the band in 2006. David joined the band in 2008 bringing new color to their music....
- Generations of Noah
The Generations of Noah or Table of Nations is a traditional ethnology representing the expansion of humankind from the descendants of Noah and their dispersion into many lands after the Flood. The 70 names in the list express symbolically the unity...
- Yannick Noah
- Pop Artist, Topic, Musician, Measured person, TV Personality, Lyricist, Tennis Tournament Champion, Tennis Player, Identity, Person
Yannick Noah is a former professional tennis player from France. He is best remembered for winning the French Open in 1983 and as a highly successful captain of France's Davis Cup and Fed Cup teams. During his career, which spanned almost two...
- Joakim Noah
- Olympic Basketball Player, Award Nominee, Measured person, Athlete, Olympic athlete, Film producer, Person or entity appearing in film, Identity, Award Winner, Sports League Award Winner
Joakim Noah is a film producer.
- Noah Wyle
- Actor, Film actor, TV Producer, Person, Identity, TV Personality, Award Nominee, Celebrity, TV Actor, Award Winner
Noah Strausser Speer Wyle is an American film, television, and theatre actor. He is best known for his roles as Dr. John Carter in ER and as Tom Mason in Falling Skies. He has also played Steve Jobs in the docudrama Pirates of Silicon Valley, Dr....
- Seven Laws of Noah
The Seven Laws of Noah, also referred to as the Noahide Laws or the Noachide Laws, are a set of imperatives that, according to the Talmud, were given by God as a binding set of laws for the "children of Noah" – that is, all of humanity. Accordingly,...
- Pro Wrestling Noah
- Professional wrestling Organization, Organization, Business Operation, Employer
Pro Wrestling Noah is a major Japanese professional wrestling promotion, founded in 2000 by former All Japan Pro Wrestling ace Mitsuharu Misawa.