Meaning : From the Oak Valley, From The Oak Valley,
Origin : English,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Oxford:
- Name Number: 1. Meaning: Individual, Masculine, Logic, Self, Active, Leadership, Initiative, Assertive
Additional information Oxford:
- English Meaning: The name Oxford is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Oxford is: From the ox ford.
- Shakespearean Meaning: The name Oxford is a Shakespearean baby name. In Shakespearean the meaning of the name Oxford is: King Henry the Sixth, Part III' Earl of Oxford. 'King Richard III' Earl of Oxford.
Definition funny of Oxford:
- "Oh, I'd rather be at Oxford than at Johns"
- Bloke 1: "I'll have you know, I study at Cambridge." Bloke 2: "Brilliant! I'll mention you to my flatmates up at Oxford, we are looking for a new butler."
- Oxford makes me happy. Notice I didn't mention the students?
- "Tarquin's got into oxford to read history" "oh, how fabulous for him. of course, paying thousands of pounds for his private education and then a whole lot more for private coaching and interview practice were nothing to do with this colossal achievement. he got in entirely on his own steam" "but of course"
- Oxford graduands are now able to choose between being awarded the BA, or accepting the more useful equivalent in Airmiles.
- "Nice shirt, man! Looks sharp." "Yup. It's an oxford"
Expression information Oxford:
- People with this name tend to initiate events, to be leaders rather than followers, with powerful personalities. They tend to be focused on specific goals, experience a wealth of creative new ideas, and have the ability to implement these ideas with efficiency and determination. They tend to be courageous and sometimes aggressive. As unique, creative individuals, they tend to resent authority, and are sometimes stubborn, proud, and impatient.
Soul information Oxford:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire to create and express themselves, often in public speaking, acting, writing or singing. They also yearn to have beauty around them in their home and work environment.
Songs about Oxford:
- Oxford Comma by Vampire Weekend from the Album Vampire Weekend
- Oxford Comma by Vampire Weekend from the Album Oxford Comma
- The Oxford Girl by The Oyster Band from the Album Granite Years (The Best of 1986-1997)
- Trouble on Oxford Street by Skinny Lister from the Album Down on Deptford Broadway
- Oxford Town by Bob Dylan from the Album The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan
- Haydn: Symphony No.92 In G Major, Hob.I:92 - "Oxford" - 4. Presto by Berliner Philharmoniker and Hans Rosbaud from the Album Mozart, W.A.: Violin Concerto No.4 / Haydn, J.: Symphonies Nos. 92 "Oxford" & 104 "London"
- Haydn: Symphony No.92 In G Major, Hob.I:92 - "Oxford" - 1. Adagio - Allegro spiritoso by Berliner Philharmoniker and Hans Rosbaud from the Album Mozart, W.A.: Violin Concerto No.4 / Haydn, J.: Symphonies Nos. 92 "Oxford" & 104 "London"
- Haydn: Symphony No.92 In G Major, Hob.I:92 - "Oxford" - 2. Adagio by Berliner Philharmoniker and Hans Rosbaud from the Album Mozart, W.A.: Violin Concerto No.4 / Haydn, J.: Symphonies Nos. 92 "Oxford" & 104 "London"
- Haydn: Symphony No.92 In G Major, Hob.I:92 - "Oxford" - 3. Menuet (Allegretto) by Berliner Philharmoniker and Hans Rosbaud from the Album Mozart, W.A.: Violin Concerto No.4 / Haydn, J.: Symphonies Nos. 92 "Oxford" & 104 "London"
- The Earle of Oxford's Marche (William Byrd Suite) by US Marine Band from the Album Music from the Land of Hope and Glory
Books about Oxford:
- Oxford Picture Dictionary (Monolingual English) - Apr 28, 2008 by Jayme Adelson-Goldstein and Norma Shapiro
- Oxford - May 12, 2012 by Frederick Douglas How and E. W. Haslehust
- The Oxford Companion to Wine (Oxford Companions) - Oct 1, 2015 by Jancis Robinson and Julia Harding
- The New Oxford Annotated Bible with Apocrypha: New Revised Standard Version - Mar 19, 2010 by Michael D. Coogan and Marc Z. Brettler
- Furious Flames (Elemental Book 3) - Sep 24, 2015 by Rain Oxford
- Surprised by Oxford: A Memoir - Feb 4, 2013 by Carolyn Weber
- New Oxford American Dictionary 3rd Edition - Sep 2, 2010 by Oxford University Press
- The Oxford Shakespeare: The Complete Works 2nd Edition - Aug 1, 2005 by William Shakespeare and Stanley Wells
- Paperback Oxford English Dictionary - Nov 1, 2013 by Oxford Dictionaries
- Oxford Beginner's Japanese Dictionary - Oct 16, 2006 by Jonathan Bunt and Gillian Hall
Movies about Oxford:
- The Oxford Murders2010 R CC
- Oxford Blues (1984)1984 PG-13 CC
- Naxos Scenic Musical Journeys London A Musical Tour of London and Oxford2012 NR CC
- Miracle At Oxford2005 R CC
- Laurel and Hardy: Chump At Oxford [HD]1930 NR CC
- Oxford Blues1984 PG-13
- Oxford Murders2010 R
- Oxford: Town and University2013 NR
- Miracle at Oxford2007 R
- Inspector Morse's Oxford2012 NR
Wiki information Oxford:
- University of Oxford
- Ranked item, Academic institution, Educational Institution Campus, Award Presenting Organization, Organization, Location, School in fiction, Endowed Organization, Project focus, Educational Institution
The University of Oxford is a collegiate research university located in Oxford, England. While having no known date of foundation, there is evidence of teaching as far back as 1096, making it the oldest university in the English-speaking world and...
- Name source, City/Town/Village, Newspaper circulation area, Travel destination, Place with neighborhoods, Location, Literature Subject, Statistical region, Administrative Division, Capital of administrative division
Oxford is a city in the South East region of England and the county town of Oxfordshire. With a population of 150,200 it is the 52nd largest city in the United Kingdom, and one of the fastest growing and most ethnically diverse. Oxford has a broad...
- Oxford University Press
- Business Operation, Organization, Author, Project participant, Website Owner, Project focus, Periodical Publisher, Employer, Publisher
Oxford University Press is the largest university press in the world, and the second-oldest, after Cambridge University Press. It is a department of the University of Oxford and is governed by a group of 15 academics appointed by the Vice-Chancellor...
- The Oxford English Dictionary
- Non-Fiction Book, Book, Written Work, Literature Subject
The Oxford English Dictionary, published by the Oxford University Press, is a descriptive dictionary of the English language. As well as describing English usage in its many variations throughout the world, it traces the historical development of the...
- Christ Church, Oxford
- Educational Institution Campus, Employer, College/University, Location, Religious Organization, Endowed Organization, Educational Institution, Project focus, Organization
Christ Church is a constituent college of the University of Oxford in England. The college is associated with Christ Church Cathedral, Oxford, which serves as the college chapel and whose dean is ex officio the college head. Like its sister college,...
- Oxford United F.C.
- Organization, Employer, Sports Team, Football team, Award Nominee
Oxford United Football Club is an English association football club based in Oxford, Oxfordshire. The club currently plays in League Two, first entering the Football League in 1962. The chairman is Darryl Eales, the head coach is Michael Appleton and...
- Location, Capital of administrative division, Organization scope, HUD County Place, City/Town/Village, Dated location, Statistical region, HUD Foreclosure Area, Sports Team Location, Identity
Oxford is a city in, and the county seat of, Lafayette County, Mississippi, United States. Founded in 1837, it was named after the British university city of Oxford in hopes of having the state university located there, which it did successfully...
- Governmental Jurisdiction, Organization scope, Sports Team Location, Administrative Division, English non-metropolitan county, Dated location, Travel destination, UK statistical location, Statistical region, Newspaper circulation area
Oxfordshire is a county in South East England bordering on Warwickshire, Northamptonshire, Buckinghamshire, Berkshire, Wiltshire and Gloucestershire. The county has major education and tourist industries and is noted for the concentration of...
- Oxford Brookes University
- College/University, Educational Institution, Location, Organization, Employer, Educational Institution Campus
Oxford Brookes University is a new university in Oxford, England. It can trace its origins to 1865 when the former Oxford School of Art was established. The university was renamed in 1992 to honour its former principal, John Henry Brookes. The...
- Oxford University Cricket Club
- Cricket Team, Sports Team, Employer, School sports team, Organization, Student organization
Oxford University Cricket Club is a first-class cricket team, representing the University of Oxford. It plays its home games at the University Parks in Oxford, England. For Oxford's first-class fixtures other than those against Cambridge University...