Meaning : Paris, From Paris, France, This name is used chiefly in the English language and is most popular as a baby girl's name, it refers to the Trojan prince of Greek mythology or to the capital city of France named after the Celtic tribe that first settled in the area the 'Parisii'.,
Origin : Greek,
Pronunciation : (PA-riss), PA riss,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Paris:
- Name Number: 9. Meaning: Divine, God, Goodness, Truth, Unconditional love, Gift, Free will, Ideal, Whole, Endless
Additional information Paris:
- Paris, as well as being the capital city of France, was a name often given to boys in the Middle Ages. It comes from the Greek legend where Paris, son of Priam, carried Helen from Sparta to Troy, causing the Trojan War. The name is famously borne by socialite and heiress to the Hilton Hotel empire, Paris Hilton.
- Greek Meaning: The name Paris is a Greek baby name. In Greek the meaning of the name Paris is: Son of Priam.
- American Meaning: The name Paris is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Paris is: Son of Priam.
- French Meaning: The name Paris is a French baby name. In French the meaning of the name Paris is: The French capital.
- Latin Meaning: The name Paris is a Latin baby name. In Latin the meaning of the name Paris is: Abductor of Helen.
- Shakespearean Meaning: The name Paris is a Shakespearean baby name. In Shakespearean the meaning of the name Paris is: The Tragedy of Romeo And Juliet' Paris, a young Count, kinsman to the Prince of Verona. 'The History of Troilus and Cressida' King Priam's son.
Definition funny of Paris:
- Have you heard about Paris' latest recording session? She threw a shitfit when the guitarist told her she is tone deaf! She called him a fag, kicked him in the balls, kicked her dog, slapped her boyfriend, threw furniture out the window, then stormed out of the studio! That's hot.
- paris celeste
- American : Hey ! you fucking smelly bastard ! tell me where's you fucking dick-shaped tower !! French : .......... American : Excusez-moi, I can't speak French... Could you tell me where I can find the subway to go to the Eiffel Tower ? French : Yeah, for sure, follow me I can show you.
- We all love Paris
- Paris is so nice! I wish I could be Paris! Man, I think I'm in love with Paris!
- We all love Paris
- that boooootiful thing flying in the sky is a pari
Expression information Paris:
- People with this name tend to be passionate, compassionate, intuitive, romantic, and to have magnetic personalities. They are usually humanitarian, broadminded and generous, and tend to follow professions where they can serve humanity. Because they are so affectionate and giving, they may be imposed on. They are romantic and easily fall in love, but may be easily hurt and are sometimes quick-tempered.
Soul information Paris:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire to use their abilities in leadership, and to have personal independence. They would rather focus on large, important issues, and delegate the details.
Songs about Paris:
- Paris - Faith Hill
- Ni**as In Paris (Album Version (Explicit)) [Explicit] by JAY Z & Kanye West from the Album Watch The Throne (Explicit Version) [Explicit]
- Paris (Ooh La La) by Grace Potter and the Nocturnals from the Album Grace Potter & The Nocturnals
- Postcard From Paris by The Band Perry from the Album The Band Perry
- Flight from Paris by Bobby Newberry from the Album Flight from Paris
- Pound Cake / Paris Morton Music 2 [feat. JAY-Z] [Explicit] by Drake from the Album Nothing Was The Same (Deluxe) [Explicit]
- Pound Cake / Paris Morton Music 2 [feat. JAY-Z] [Explicit] by Drake from the Album Nothing Was The Same [Explicit]
- Ni**as In Paris (Album Version (Explicit)) [Explicit] by JAY Z & Kanye West from the Album Watch The Throne (Deluxe Edition) [Explicit]
- Free Man In Paris by Joni Mitchell from the Album Court And Spark
- Sous Le Ciel De Paris by Yves Montand from the Album Les Nuits De Paris Volume 1
Books about Paris:
- Paris: The Novel - Apr 1, 2014 by Edward Rutherfurd
- Secret Paris: Color Your Way to Calm - Jun 9, 2015 by Zoe de Las Cases
- Rick Steves' Pocket Paris - May 27, 2014 by Rick Steves and Steve Smith
- Rick Steves Paris 2015 - Oct 28, 2014 by Rick Steves and Steve Smith
- Paris in Color - Apr 18, 2012 by Nichole Robertson
- Streetwise Paris Map - Laminated City Center Street Map of Paris, France - Feb 1, 2015 by Streetwise Maps
- Rick Steves Paris 2016 - Sep 22, 2015 by Rick Steves and Steve Smith
- Forever Paris: 25 Walks in the Footsteps of Chanel, Hemingway, Picasso, and More - Mar 21, 2012 by Christina Henry de Tessan
- PARIS: The Ultimate Travel Guide With Essential Tips And Over 10 Places You Must Visit (Paris, France, Tourism... - Aug 30, 2015 by Estienne Petit and Smart Travelling Guides
- The Food Lover's Guide to Paris: The Best Restaurants, Bistros, Cafés, Markets, Bakeries, and More - Mar 11, 2014 by Patricia Wells
Movies about Paris:
- A Cat in Paris2012 PG CC
- Midnight in Paris2011 PG-13 CC
- Top Models in Paris (English Subtitled)2010 NR
- Global Treasures VERSAILLES Chateau De Versailles Paris, France2009 NR CC
- Cinderella - Rudolf Nureyev, Opéra national de Paris2007 G CC
- Touring the World's Capital Cities Paris: The Capital of France2014 NR CC
- Paris City of Lights2009 NR CC
- Archive of World War Two - Paris To The Rhine2011 NR CC
- Archive of World War Two - D-Day To Paris2011 NR CC
- Gardens of the World VERSAILLES Paris, France2007 NR CC
Wiki information Paris:
- Statistical region, Literature Subject, Location, French Department, Film subject, Governmental Jurisdiction, Radio subject, Capital of administrative division, Name source, Olympic bidding city
Paris is the capital and most-populous city of France. Situated on the Seine River, in the north of the country, it is in the centre of the Île-de-France region, also known as the région parisienne, "Paris Region". The City of Paris has an area of...
- University of Paris
- Employer, Educational Institution Campus, Organization, Educational Institution, College/University, Location, Academic institution
The University of Paris, metonymically known as the Sorbonne, was a French university, founded circa 1150 in Paris, France, recognised 1200 by King Philip II and 1215 by Pope Innocent III, as one of the first universities. It quickly became reputed...
- Paris Saint-Germain F.C.
- Organization, Football team, Sports Team, Professional Sports Team
Paris Saint-Germain Football Club, commonly referred to as PSG, Paris SG or Paris, is a professional football club in Paris, France, formed in 1970 by the merger of Paris FC and Stade Saint-Germain. PSG has competed in Ligue 1 since 1974. Nicknamed...
- Paris Opera
- Organization, Award Winner, Employer, Building Occupant, Opera Company
The Paris Opera is the primary opera company of France. It was founded in 1669 by Louis XIV as the Académie d'Opéra, and shortly thereafter was placed under the leadership of Jean-Baptiste Lully and officially renamed the Académie Royale de Musique,...
- Conservatoire de Paris
- College/University, Educational Institution, Organization, Educational Institution Campus, Location, Employer
The Conservatoire de Paris is a college of music and dance founded in 1795, now situated in the avenue Jean Jaurès in the 19th arrondissement of Paris, France. The Conservatoire offers instruction in music, dance, and drama, drawing on the traditions...
- Paris-Sorbonne University
- College/University, Location, Organization, Employer, Educational Institution Campus, Educational Institution
Paris-Sorbonne University, is a public research university in Paris, France. It was established in 1970 after the division of the University of Paris, following the cultural revolution of French May 1968. The University is one of the inheritors of...
- Exposition Universelle
- Project focus, Event
The Exposition Universelle of 1900 was a world's fair held in Paris, France, from 15 April to 12 November 1900, to celebrate the achievements of the past century and to accelerate development into the next. The style that was universally present in...
- Pantheon-Sorbonne University
- Employer, Endowed Organization, Educational Institution, Location, Ranked item, Organization, College/University, Educational Institution Campus
Pantheon-Sorbonne University, also known as "La Sorbonne" and "Paris I", is a public research university in Paris, France. It focuses on the areas of law, humanities, political science, social sciences, economics, logic and finance. It is the main...
- Sciences Po
- Educational Institution, College/University, Endowed Organization, Organization, Location, Educational Institution Campus, Employer
The Paris Institute of Political Studies, simply referred to as Sciences Po, is a public research and higher education institution in Paris, France. Sciences Po maintains faculties in political science as well as in economics, history, sociology,...
- Notre Dame de Paris
- French Gothic Structure, Location, Structure, Travel destination, Project focus, Place of worship, Place of interment, Tourist attraction, Building, Art Subject
Notre-Dame de Paris, also known as Notre-Dame Cathedral or simply Notre-Dame, is a historic Catholic cathedral on the eastern half of the Île de la Cité in the fourth arrondissement of Paris, France. The cathedral is widely considered to be one of...