Meaning : Peggy is a nickname of the name Margaret and Pearl but is now used as an independent name too. As an English name it means 'Pearl' and as a Greek name means 'child of light'., Pearl,
Pronunciation : PEG-ee , PEG ee, (PEH-gee),
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Peggy:
- Name Number: 6. Meaning: Home, Family, Love, Balance, Harmony, Help, Warmth, Social justice
Additional information Peggy:
- Peggy was originally a pet form of the feminine name Margret but is now often treated as a name in its own right. Margaret is of ultimately Latin origin, from ‘margarita’ meaning ‘pearl’. The pet form Peggy is now more popular than the original Margaret as a name for baby girls.
- Greek Meaning: The name Peggy is a Greek baby name. In Greek the meaning of the name Peggy is: Pearl.
- American Meaning: The name Peggy is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Peggy is: Pearl.
- Persian Meaning: The name Peggy is a Persian baby name. In Persian the meaning of the name Peggy is: Child of light. Famous Bearer: Margaret Thatcher, former Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.
- English Meaning: The name Peggy is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Peggy is: which developed from rhyming with Meg.
- Medieval variant of Meggy, a diminutive of MARGARET. The reason for the change in the initial consonant is unknown.
Definition funny of Peggy:
- " have you seen that work of art? It's peggy."
- "peggy is a cool kid at school"
- Peggy Peg hot your momma is a peg cool
- Ben "Did you see the new girl?" Derek "Yes! Shes such a Peggy, i want her." Ben "Get in line."
- It's ok to have fun now cause it all ends later on when Peggy comes in.
- "wasn't that movie just so good?!" "no. it was lame and the theater was cold." "WOW you're being such a Peggy!"
- Peggy- "Hi i'm Peggy, Let's play. Do you like skipping rope? you can use mine" Some damn snot with a normal name- "eeewww I dont want to play with you, why would I play with a Piggy? Piggy Piggy Poo POO!"
Expression information Peggy:
- for harmony and balance in their lives, and respond positively to beautiful things.
Soul information Peggy:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire for travel and adventure, and want to set their own pace in life without being governed by tradition.
Songs about Peggy:
- Peggy Day - Bob Dylan
- Peggy Gordon - The Corrs
- Peggy Sue - Buddy Holly
- Peggy Sue Got Married - Buddy Holly
- Peggy's Blue Skylight - Charles Mingus
- Peggy's Kitchen Wall - Bruce Cockburn
- The Peggy Song - Thomas Stone
- Peggy Sue by Buddy Holly from the Album Greatest Hits
- Peggy Sue by Buddy Holly from the Album Peggy Sue
- Peggy Sue (Single Version) by Buddy Holly from the Album 20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection: Best Of Buddy Holly
Books about Peggy:
- Peggy: A Brave Chicken on a Big Adventure - Mar 4, 2014 by Anna Walker
- Mountain Pearl: Appalachian Heritage - Aug 29, 2015 by Peggy Poe Stern
- Teton Sunrise (Teton Romance Trilogy Book 1) - Jan 17, 2014 by Peggy L Henderson
- Quick & Easy Medical Terminology, 7e (Leonard, Quick and Easy Medical Terminology) - Feb 28, 2013 by Peggy C. Leonard BA MT MEd
- Peggy Guggenheim: The Shock of the Modern (Jewish Lives) - Sep 29, 2015 by Francine Prose
- Second Chances: The Complete Series - Mar 2, 2015 by Peggy Bird
- Poems from the Pond - May 1, 2015 by Peggy Freydberg and Margaret Howe Freydberg
- Year of Jubilee - Apr 10, 2015 by Peggy Trotter
- Granny's Will: Just For Spite - May 16, 2015 by Peggy Poe Stern
- The Core Program: Fifteen Minutes a Day That Can Change Your Life - Jan 1, 2003 by Peggy Brill and Gerald Secor Couzens
Movies about Peggy:
- Yoga for the Rest of Us with Peggy Cappy: Easy Yoga for Arthritis2010 NR CC
- Peggy Sue Got Married1986 PG-13 CC
- Yoga for the Rest of Us with Peggy Cappy: Easy Yoga for Easing Pain with Peggy Cappy2012 NR CC
- Yoga for the Rest of Us: Easy Yoga for Easing Pain with Peggy Cappy2012 NR
- Christmas with Danny Kaye featuring Peggy Lee2012 NR CC
- Easy Yoga: The Secret to Strength and Balance with Peggy Cappy2014 NR
- Peggy Sue: A Performance at The Guest Apartment2009 NR CC
- Yoga for the Rest of Us with Peggy Cappy: Back Care Basics2007 NR CC
- Yoga for the Rest of Us with Peggy Cappy: A Step-By-Step Yoga Workout2004 NR CC
- Yoga for the Rest of Us with Peggy Cappy: The Secret to Strength and Balance2014 NR CC
Wiki information Peggy:
- Peggy Lee
- Traditional pop Artist, Film actor, Person Or Being In Fiction, Featured artist, Composer, Award Winner, Film music contributor, Topic, Social network user, Person
Peggy Lee was an American jazz and popular music singer, songwriter, composer and actress, in a career spanning six decades. From her beginning as a vocalist on local radio to singing with Benny Goodman's big band, she forged a sophisticated persona,...
- Peggy Lipton
- Actor, Influence Node, Person, Musical Artist, Award Winner, TV Actor, Musician, , Award Nominee, Composer
Margaret Ann "Peggy" Lipton is an American actress and former model. She was an overnight success and is best known for her role as flower child Julie Barnes in the counterculture TV show The Mod Squad. Appearing in numerous TV series since her noted...
- Peggy Mitchell
- Fictional Character, TV Character
Margaret Ann "Peggy" Mitchell is a fictional character from the BBC soap opera EastEnders. Peggy was initially played by Jo Warne when she first appeared on 30 April 1991, featuring in the series on a recurring basis over several weeks. Peggy was...
- Peggy Guggenheim
- Art collector, Family member, Name source, Organization founder, Collector, Author, Deceased Person, Person, Topic
Marguerite "Peggy" Guggenheim was an American art collector, bohemian and socialite. Born to a wealthy New York City family, she was the daughter of Benjamin Guggenheim, who went down with the Titanic in 1912, and the niece of Solomon R. Guggenheim,...
- Peggy Ashcroft
- Actor, Name source, Theater Actor, Award Nominee, Deceased Person, Identity, Chivalric Order Member, Musical Artist, Award Winner, Musician
Dame Edith Margaret Emily Ashcroft, DBE, always known as Peggy Ashcroft, was an English actress whose career spanned more than sixty years. Born to a comfortable middle-class family, Ashcroft was determined from an early age to become an actress,...
- Peggy Seeger
- Folk Artist, Musician, Person, Musical Artist, Composer, Lyricist, Topic, Featured artist, , Broadcast Artist
Margaret "Peggy" Seeger is an American folksinger. She is also well known in Britain, where she has lived for more than 30 years and was married to the singer and songwriter Ewan MacColl until his death in 1989.
- Peggy Carter
- Film character, Fictional Character, TV Character, Comic Book Character, Topic
Margaret "Peggy" Carter is a fictional character appearing in comic books published by Marvel Comics, usually as a supporting character in books featuring Captain America. Created by writer Stan Lee and artist Jack Kirby, she first appeared in Tales...
- Peggy March
- Pop Artist, Composer, Film music contributor, Person, Award Nominee, Broadcast Artist, Musician, Musical Artist, , TV Actor
Peggy March is an American pop singer. She is primarily known for her 1963 million-selling song "I Will Follow Him".
- Peggy Fleming
- Professional Figure Skater, Measured person, Olympic athlete, Person or entity appearing in film, Film actor, Person, Topic, Competitor, Athlete, Organization member
Peggy Gail Fleming is an American figure skater. She is the 1968 Olympic Champion in Ladies' singles and a three-time World Champion. Fleming has been a television commentator on figure skating for over 20 years, including several Winter Olympic...
- Peggy Noonan
- Commentator, Identity, Topic, TV program guest, Author, TV Actor, Award Nominee, Person
Margaret Ellen "Peggy" Noonan is an American author of several books on politics, religion, and culture, and a weekly columnist for The Wall Street Journal. She was a primary speech writer and Special Assistant to President Ronald Reagan and has...