Meaning : With a web over her face, With A Web Over Her Face, The name is of Greek origin and means "weaver". From Greek Mythology, Odysseus's wife spent her time weaving to fend of suitors while she waited for the return of her husband. Famous Penelope's include actresses Penelope Cruz and Penelope Ann Miller., Weaver,
Pronunciation : (pen-NELL-o-pee), pə-NEL-ə-pee (English) , Pen El Lo Pee,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Penelope:
- Name Number: 7. Meaning: Inner, Thought, Mind, Psychology, Secret, Mystic, Strange, Study, Knowledge, Loneliness, Rest
Additional information Penelope:
- Penelope is a name with Greek origins. The meaning of the name Penelope is With a Web Over Her Face. Nicknames for the name Penelope include Penny, Pen, and P. In Greek mythology, Penelope was the faithful wife of Odysseus. Penelope was also the mother of the god Pan. Other fictional characters include Penelope Clearwater in the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowlings. Penelope Garcia is a character on Criminal Minds. Penelope is also a character played by Kristen Wiig on Saturday Night Live. Actresses with the name Penelope include Penelope Cruz and Penelope Ann Miller. Penelope Delta was a Greek writer and Penelope Fitzgerald was an English actress and mistress of King Edward VIII. People who like the name Penelope also tend to like names that are multi-syllabic and old-fashioned.
- This female name comes from the Greek mythology of Penelope who was the wife of Odysseus. In this love story Penelope waited for twenty years for her husband to return home. She refused to remarry and now in literature her name has come to be associated with faithfulness.
- Gaelic Meaning: The name Penelope is a Gaelic baby name. In Gaelic the meaning of the name Penelope is: White shoulder. From Fionnghuala or Fionnuala.
- American Meaning: The name Penelope is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Penelope is: White shoulder. From Fionnghuala or Fionnuala.
- Greek Meaning: The name Penelope is a Greek baby name. In Greek the meaning of the name Penelope is: Bobbin. Penelope was the faithful wife of Odysseus in Homer's Odyssey.
- Possibly derived from Greek πηνελοψ (penelops), a type of duck. Alternatively it could be from πηνη (pene) "threads, weft" and ωψ (ops) "face, eye". In Homer's epic the 'Odyssey' this is the name of the wife of Odysseus, forced to fend off suitors while her husband is away fighting at Troy. It has occasionally been used as an English given name since the 16th century.
Definition funny of Penelope:
- "wow, she's a penelope"
- "Why is it everytime i see her she is being loud, but whenever i talk to her she is SO quiet?" "Because her name is Penelope; once you get to know her she'll be loud around you too!"
- Drug Addict: "If I buy 5 can you toss me a pack" Dealer: "The block is hot!! Come back later cause I ain't servin' nothin' until the penelopes bounce up out"
- Girl: "I just had a baby! I'm so happy." Penelope: "Well I just had three babies and a cat... Yeah, they're all perfect and I'm ecstatic..."
- Kristen: How was your weekend, Maya? Maya: It was great! My boyfriend and I went skiing. Jennifer: My boyfriend, who's a model....took me skiing for two months in the Alps last year and he's taking me to the North Pole this Christmas to meet Santa Claus. Kristen rolling her eyes and whispering to Maya..."She is such a Penelope!"
- Wife: where the fuck you been?!? Husband: nowhere, I took a penelope with Seis Fifth and them. We smoked two Paris Hiltons and a Rosie O'Donell.
- Ewww, that girl is so gross. She must be a Penelope!
Expression information Penelope:
- People with this name are excellent at analyzing, understanding, and learning. They tend to be mystics, philosophers, scholars, and teachers. Because they live so much in the mind, they tend to be quiet and introspective, and are usually introverts. When presented with issues, they will see the larger picture. Their solitary thoughtfulness and analysis of people and world events may make them seem aloof, and sometimes even melancholy.
Soul information Penelope:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire to create and express themselves, often in public speaking, acting, writing or singing. They also yearn to have beauty around them in their home and work environment.
Songs about Penelope:
- Le Voyage de Penelope - Air
- Penelope - Great Big Sea
- Penelope - of Montreal
- Penelope - Pinback, Saosin, PlayRadioPlay!
- Penélope (Directo México) by Joan Manuel Serrat from the Album Serrat en Bellas Artes (Directo México)
- Penelope's Song by Loreena McKennitt from the Album An Ancient Muse
- Penélope by Robi Draco Rosa from the Album Vagabundo
- Penelope by Pinback from the Album Blue Screen Life
- Penelope by Joan Manuel Serrat from the Album La Paloma
- Penelope's Song by Loreena McKennitt from the Album The Journey So Far - The Best Of Loreena McKennitt
Books about Penelope:
- Penelope ( A Madcap Regency Romance ) (The Fairweather Sisters) (Volume 1) - Mar 28, 2015 by Anya Wylde
- Princess Penelope and the Runaway Kitten - Dec 24, 2013 by Nosy Crow and Alison Murray
- Penelope (Vintage Contemporaries) - Aug 7, 2012 by Rebecca Harrington
- Penelope The Princess - Dec 7, 2010 by Maryanne Thornton, .
- Penelope - Mar 20, 2007 by Marilyn Kaye and Reese Witherspoon
- Penelope's Perfect Pizza - Dec 2, 2014 by Pam Barrett Sullivan and Julia Sullivan
- Penelope Says Good Night (Penelope (Scholastic)) - Mar 1, 2006 by Anne Gutman and Georg Hallensleben
- Princess Penelope's Parrot - Apr 23, 2001 by Helen Lester and Lynn Munsinger
- Penelope Perfect: A Tale of Perfectionism Gone Wild - Aug 20, 2015 by Shannon Anderson and Katie Kath
- Penelope Crumb - Jan 10, 2013 by Shawn Stout and Valeria Docampo
Movies about Penelope:
- Penelope2008 PG CC
- The Perils of Penelope Pitstop Season 11969 CC
- Criminal Minds: Season 32010 Unrated
- Penelope2006 PG
- French for Kids: Learn French with Penelope and Pezi, Beginner Level 1, Vol. 12008 NR
- The Art & Practice of Gardening / Penelope Hobhouse2007 NR
- French for Kids: Learn French with Penelope and Pezi Beginner Level 1 Vol. 22008 NR
- The Perils of Penelope Pitstop - The Complete Series2005 NR
- El Tulipan Rojo (Fanfan la Tulipe) [Region 1 & 4 DVD. Import-Latin America] Penelope Cruz, Vincent Perez2003
- The Henry Rollins Show: Season 12006 NR
Wiki information Penelope:
- Film character, Poem character, Name source, Person Or Being In Fiction, Book Character, Opera Character, Fictional Character
In Homer's Odyssey, Penelope is the faithful wife of Odysseus, who keeps her suitors at bay in his long absence and is eventually reunited with him. Her name has traditionally been associated with marital faithfulness, and so it was with the Greeks...
- Penélope Cruz
- Actor, Ranked item, Award Winner, Person, TV Actor, Topic, Film actor, Celebrity, Award Nominee, Musical Artist
Penélope Cruz-Bardem is a Spanish actress and model. Signed by an agent at age 15, she made her acting debut at 16 on television and her feature film debut the following year in Jamón, jamón, to critical acclaim. Her subsequent roles in the 1990s and...
- Romantic comedy Film, Netflix Title, Topic, Film
Penelope is a 2006 fantasy romantic comedy film directed by Mark Palansky which was first released in 2006 and stars Christina Ricci, James McAvoy, Catherine O'Hara, Peter Dinklage, Richard E. Grant, and Reese Witherspoon.
- Penelope Wilton
- Actor, Person or entity appearing in film, Theater Actor, Award Winner, TV Actor, Person, Award Nominee, Film actor, Influence Node
Penelope Alice Wilton, OBE is an English actress. She starred with Richard Briers in the BBC situation comedy Ever Decreasing Circles. She also appeared in Doctor Who and in the period drama Downton Abbey. She has twice won the Critics' Circle...
- Penelope Keith
- Actor, Person, Theater Actor, Film actor, Influence Node, Award Winner, TV Actor, Award Nominee, Person or entity appearing in film, Musical Artist
Dame Penelope Anne Constance Keith, DBE, DL is an English actress, best known for her roles in the British sitcoms The Good Life and To the Manor Born. She began her career in repertory theatre before joining the Royal Shakespeare Company in 1963 and...
- City/Town/Village, Statistical region, Dated location, HUD County Place, Location, HUD Foreclosure Area
Penelope is a town in Hill County in Central Texas. The population was 198 at the 2010 census.
- Biological Genus, Organism Classification
Penelope is a bird genus in the Cracidae family consisting of a number of large turkey-like arboreal species, the typical guans. The range of these species is in forests from southern Mexico to tropical South America. These large birds have...
- Crime Fiction Film, Film, Topic, Ranked item
Penelope is a 1966 comedy film directed by Arthur Hiller and starring Natalie Wood, Ian Bannen, Peter Falk, Jonathan Winters, and Dick Shawn. A novelisation of the screenplay was written by Howard Melvin Fast writing under the pseudonym "E. V....
- Penelope Ann Miller
- Actor, Identity, Person, Influence Node, Person or entity appearing in film, Film actor, Award Nominee, TV Actor, Theater Actor
Penelope Ann Miller, sometimes credited as Penelope Miller, is an American actress. She began her career on Broadway in the 1985 original production of Biloxi Blues and went on to receive a Tony Award nomination for the 1989 revival of Our Town. She...
- Penelope Fitzgerald
- Novelist, Ranked item, Author, Long-list nominee, Award Winner, Award Nominee, Topic, Deceased Person, Person
Penelope Fitzgerald was a Booker Prize–winning English novelist, poet, essayist and biographer. In 2008, The Times included her in a list of "The 50 greatest British writers since 1945". In 2012, The Observer named her final novel, The Blue Flower,...