Meaning : From the Greek name 'Ptolemaios' meaning "aggressive" or "warlike". It was the name of many Greco-Egyptian rulers and also the name of a Greek astronomer., Warlike,
Pronunciation : TAHL-ə-mee (English) , (tol-uh-mee),
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Ptolemy:
- Name Number: 7. Meaning: Inner, Thought, Mind, Psychology, Secret, Mystic, Strange, Study, Knowledge, Loneliness, Rest
Additional information Ptolemy:
- Egyptian Meaning: The name Ptolemy is an Egyptian baby name. In Egyptian the meaning of the name Ptolemy is: Name of a pharaoh.
- From the Greek name Πτολεμαιος (Ptolemaios), derived from Greek πολεμηιος (polemeios) meaning "aggressive, warlike". Ptolemy was the name of several Greco-Egyptian rulers of Egypt, all descendants of Ptolemy I, one of the generals of Alexander the Great. This was also the name of a Greek astronomer.
Definition funny of Ptolemy:
- Ahhh Ptolemy this girlfriend is so much better than that one you had yesterday!
Expression information Ptolemy:
- People with this name are excellent at analyzing, understanding, and learning. They tend to be mystics, philosophers, scholars, and teachers. Because they live so much in the mind, they tend to be quiet and introspective, and are usually introverts. When presented with issues, they will see the larger picture. Their solitary thoughtfulness and analysis of people and world events may make them seem aloof, and sometimes even melancholy.
Soul information Ptolemy:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire to inspire others in a higher cause, and to share their own strongly held views on spiritual matters.
Songs about Ptolemy:
- Handel Silent Worship (from Ptolemy) by Ian Partridge and Jennifer Partridge from the Album Richard Baker's Favourite Songs & Encores
- Ptolemy by Aphex Twin from the Album Selected Ambient Works 85-92
- Ptolemy (Album Version) by Blue Murder from the Album Blue Murder
- Ptolemy Was Wrong by The Ocean from the Album Heliocentric
- Applied Ptolemy by Ph.D. J Lee Lehman from the Album Foundation of Astrology Series: Refining Techniques (Soul)
- Assassination of Ptolemy by Northern Ballet Sinfonia from the Album Claude-Michel Schönberg & David Nixon's Cleopatra
- Follow Me, Ptolemy by Thieving Magpies from the Album Moments Frozen Spark [Explicit]
- Giulio Cesare in Egitto, HWV 17 (Sung in English): Act I Scene 2: Pharaoh, my King! (Achillas, Ptolemy) by Janet Baker from the Album Handel: Giulio Cesare in Egitto (Julius Caesar) (Sung in English)
- Giulio Cesare in Egitto, HWV 17 (Sung in English): Act I Scene 2: Upstart, barbarian and traitor! (Ptolemy) by Janet Baker from the Album Handel: Giulio Cesare in Egitto (Julius Caesar) (Sung in English)
- Giulio Cesare in Egitto, HWV 17 (Sung in English): Act I Scene 2: You shall be Queen, Cleopatra (Cleopatra, Nirenus... by Janet Baker from the Album Handel: Giulio Cesare in Egitto (Julius Caesar) (Sung in English)
Books about Ptolemy:
- Ptolemy's Almagest - Oct 19, 1998 by Ptolemy and G. J. Toomer
- The Crown of Ptolemy (Heroes of Olympus, The) - May 12, 2015 by Rick Riordan
- The Almagest: Introduction to the Mathematics of the Heavens - Dec 7, 2014 by Claudius Ptolemy and William H. Donahue
- Ptolemy: Tetrabiblos (Loeb Classical Library No. 435) - Jan 31, 1940 by Ptolemy and F. E. Robbins
- Ptolemy's Gate (The Bartimaeus Trilogy, Book 3) - Jan 1, 2007 by Jonathan Stroud
- Tetrabiblos - Jul 26, 2012 by Claudius Ptolemy
- The Geography - Nov 19, 1991 by Claudius Ptolemy
- Ptolemy's "Geography": An Annotated Translation of the Theoretical Chapters - Jan 15, 2002 by Ptolemy and J. Lennart Berggren
- The Last Pharaohs: Egypt Under the Ptolemies, 305-30 BC - Oct 7, 2012 by J. G. Manning
- The House of Ptolemy (Illustrated) - Nov 4, 2014 by Edwyn R. Bevan
Movies about Ptolemy:
- Astronomy - Changes in Human Outlook from Ptolemy to Einstein2000 by NASA Production and NASA Core
- Alexander - Anthony Hopkins as Old Ptolemy; Val Kilmer as Philip; Angelina Jolie as Olympia DVD2004
Wiki information Ptolemy:
- Mathematician, Astronomer, Deceased Person, Author, Influence Node, Name source, Person
Claudius Ptolemy was a Greco-Egyptian writer of Alexandria, known as a mathematician, astronomer, geographer, astrologer, and poet of a single epigram in the Greek Anthology. He lived in the city of Alexandria in the Roman province of Egypt, wrote in...
- Ptolemy I Soter
- Monarch, Person, Employer, Politician, Deceased Person, Name source, Noble person
Ptolemy I Soter I, also known as Ptolemy Lagides, c. 367 BC – c. 283 BC, was a Macedonian general under Alexander the Great, who became ruler of Egypt and founder of the Ptolemaic Kingdom and dynasty. In 305/4 BC he demanded the title of pharaoh. His...
- Monarch, Person Or Being In Fiction, Noble person, Person, Deceased Person
Ptolemy XV Philopator Philometor Caesar, better known by the nicknames Caesarion and Ptolemy Caesar, was the last king of the Ptolemaic dynasty of Egypt, who reigned jointly with his mother Cleopatra VII of Egypt, from September 2, 44 BC. Between the...
- Ptolemy II Philadelphus
- Monarch, Person, Name source, Noble person, Deceased Person
Ptolemy II Philadelphus was the king of Ptolemaic Egypt from 283 BCE to 246 BCE. He was the son of the founder of the Ptolemaic kingdom Ptolemy I Soter and Berenice, and was educated by Philitas of Cos. He had two half-brothers, Ptolemy Keraunos and...
- Ptolemy VIII Physcon
- Monarch, Person, Deceased Person, Noble person
Ptolemy VIII Euergetes II, nicknamed Φύσκων, Physcon, was a king of the Ptolemaic dynasty in Egypt.
- Ptolemy XII Auletes
- Monarch, Person, Noble person, Deceased Person
Ptolemy Neos Dionysos Theos Philopator Theos Philadelphos, more commonly known as "Auletes" or "Nothos", was an Egyptian king of Macedonian descent. Auletes means pipes-player, referring to the king's love of playing the pipes.
- Ptolemy XIII Theos Philopator
- Monarch, Person, Noble person, Deceased Person
Ptolemy XIII Theos Philopator was one of the last members of the Ptolemaic dynasty of Egypt.
- Treatise, Book, Published Work, Written Work, Translation, Translated Work
The Geography, also known by its Latin names as the Geographia and the Cosmographia, is a gazeteer, an atlas, and a treatise on cartography, compiling the geographical knowledge of the 2nd-century Roman Empire. Originally written by Ptolemy in Greek...
- Ptolemy III Euergetes
- Monarch, Deceased Person, Noble person, Person
Ptolemy III Euergetes was the third king of the Ptolemaic dynasty in Egypt.
- Ptolemy V Epiphanes
- Monarch, Noble person, Person, Deceased Person
Ptolemy V Epiphanes, son of Ptolemy IV Philopator and Arsinoe III of Egypt, was the fifth ruler of the Ptolemaic dynasty. He inherited the throne at the age of five, and under a series of regents, the kingdom was paralyzed. The Rosetta Stone was...