Meaning : Bright fame, Derived from the ancient Germanic name 'Hrodeberht' , meaning 'famous one'., Bright Fame,
Pronunciation : RAH-bərt (English), ro-BER (French), RO-bert (German), RO-bərt (Dutch), RAW-bert (Polish), RO-byert (Russian), RO-beert (Russian) , ROB ert, (RAABert),
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Robert:
- Name Number: 6. Meaning: Home, Family, Love, Balance, Harmony, Help, Warmth, Social justice
Additional information Robert:
- Introduced into Britain by the Normans, Robert has remained in the spotlight as a popular first name. While Bob remains a popular pet form of Robert, the names Hob and Dob, common in the Middle Ages, have since vanished. Robert De Niro, Robert Carlisle and Robert Duvall (actors), Robert Hook and Robert Boyle (scientists).
- German Meaning: The name Robert is a German baby name. In German the meaning of the name Robert is: Famed, bright; shining. An all-time favorite boys' name since the Middle Ages. Famous Bearers: Scottish national hero Robert the Bruce and novelist Robert Ludlum.
- American Meaning: The name Robert is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Robert is: Famed, bright; shining. An all-time favorite boys' name since the Middle Ages. Famous Bearers: Scottish national hero Robert the Bruce and novelist Robert Ludlum.
- Shakespearean Meaning: The name Robert is a Shakespearean baby name. In Shakespearean the meaning of the name Robert is: King Henry IV, Part 2' Robert Shallow, a country justice. 'King John' Robert Faulconbridge, and his father, Sir Robert Faulconbridge. 'King Richard III' Sir Robert Brakenbury, Lieutenant of the Tower.
- Teutonic Meaning: The name Robert is a Teutonic baby name. In Teutonic the meaning of the name Robert is: Bright fame.
- English Meaning: The name Robert is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Robert is: Famed; bright; shining. An all-time favorite boys name since the Middle Ages.
- French Meaning: The name Robert is a French baby name. In French the meaning of the name Robert is: Famed; bright; shining. An all-time favorite boys name since the Middle Ages.
- Scottish Meaning: The name Robert is a Scottish baby name. In Scottish the meaning of the name Robert is: Famed; bright; shining. 14th-century King Robert the Bruce. Robert Burns the poet.
- Robert means “bright” or “fame,” and it makes sense -- tons of rulers, saints, and celebs have borne the name over the last century or so. It was wildly popular for many years, landing in the top 25 for over 100 years (and basically the entire twentieth century). It’s been steadily slipping since the late twentieth century, though, and doesn’t really count as cool for a little boy in any of its forms anymore -- not Rob, not Robby, not Bob, and not Bobby. Maybe Bert, though. No, that was a joke. Most little Roberts are named for family members today, though we might suggest the slightly fresher Robinson or Robertson to honor an ancestor.
- From the Germanic name Hrodebert meaning "bright fame", derived from the Germanic elements hrod "fame" and beraht "bright". The Normans introduced this name to Britain, where it replaced the Old English cognate Hreodbeorht. It has been a very common English name since that time. The name has been borne by two early kings of France, two Dukes of Normandy, and three kings of Scotland, including Robert the Bruce who restored the independence of Scotland from England in the 14th century. The author Robert Browning (1812-1889) and poets Robert Burns (1759-1796) and Robert Frost (1874-1963) are famous literary bearers of this name. Other bearers include Robert E. Lee (1807-1870), the commander of the Confederate army during the American Civil War, and American actors Robert Redford (1936-), Robert De Niro (1943-) and Robert Downey Jr. (1965-).
Definition funny of Robert:
- That guy is so amazing... He must be a ROBERT.
- Girl 1: I'm so unbelievably in love with this guy, hes makes me feel like i'm the only girl in the world! Girl 2: Ahh, you must have caught a Robert. You're so lucky!
- What's not to love about Robert?
- Your dating robert?! Yes! Lucky! Have fun in bed with him!
- I once was friends with a Robert but we called him Robby back then.
- e.g.1 Sam: I had sex with your dead Nan last night. Jack: Fuck off you Robert. e.g.2 Sam: Isn't VietNam a country in China? Jack: No you massive Robert!
Expression information Robert:
- for harmony and balance in their lives, and respond positively to beautiful things.
Soul information Robert:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire to inspire others in a higher cause, and to share their own strongly held views on spiritual matters.
Songs about Robert:
- Doctor Robert - The Beatles
- Robert - Palomar
- Robert de Niro's Waiting - Bananarama
- Robert Ford & Jesse James - David Olney
- Robert Johnson - Bill Morrissey
- Robert's Waterloo - Stephen Fearing
- Rose Robert - of Montreal
- Whatever Would Robert Have Said? - Van Der Graaf Generator
- Ding Dong Daddy From Dumas (with Robert Earl Keen & Ray Benson) by Asleep at the Wheel from the Album Still The King: Celebrating the Music of Bob Wills and His Texas Playboys
- Not In Love (feat Robert Smith) by Crystal Castles from the Album Not In Love (feat Robert Smith)
Books about Robert:
- Robert's Rules of Order Newly Revised, 11th edition - Sep 27, 2011 by Henry M. III Robert and Daniel H. Honemann
- Career of Evil (Cormoran Strike) - Oct 20, 2015 by Robert Galbraith
- The Silkworm (A Cormoran Strike Novel) - Jun 2, 2015 by Robert Galbraith
- Robert's Rules of Order Newly Revised In Brief, 2nd edition (Roberts Rules of Order in Brief) - Sep 27, 2011 by Henry M. III Robert and Daniel H. Honemann
- Robert B. Parker's Kickback (Spenser) - May 19, 2015 by Ace Atkins
- Robert B. Parker's the Devil Wins (A Jesse Stone Novel) - Sep 8, 2015 by Reed Farrel Coleman
- Robert the Rose Horse - Feb 12, 1962 by Joan Heilbroner and P.D. Eastman
- Her Final Breath (The Tracy Crosswhite Series) - Sep 15, 2015 by Robert Dugoni
- Chasing Happy - Sep 15, 2015 by Rylie Roberts
- RFK Jr.: Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. and the Dark Side of the Dream - Sep 22, 2015 by Jerry Oppenheimer
Movies about Robert:
- Mugshots: Robert Silveria - "3rd Rail Man"2013 NR CC
- Mugshots: Robert Blake - A Hollywood Murder2013 NR CC
- Mugshots: Robert Durst - Mogul in Murder Mystery2013 NR CC
- Mugshots: Robert Hanssen - Hanssen and the KGB2013 NR CC
- Nora Roberts' Northern Lights2011 CC
- Hollywood Collection: Robert Mitchum The Reluctant Star2009 NR CC
- Nora Roberts' Midnight Bayou2011 CC
- Robert Plant - Robert Plant's Blue Note2011 NR CC
- Nora Roberts' Carnal Innocence2011 CC
- Mister Roberts1955 NR CC
Famous about Robert:
- Robert Redford - actor
- Robert Pattinson - actor
- Robert Downey Jr. - actor
- Robert De Niro - actor
- Robert Frost - poet
Wiki information Robert:
- Robert the Bruce
- Chivalric Order Officer, Monarch, Person Or Being In Fiction, Person, Identity, Family member, Noble person, Deceased Person, Military Commander
Robert I, popularly known as Robert the Bruce, was King of Scots from 1306 until his death in 1329. Robert was one of the most famous warriors of his generation, and eventually led Scotland during the first of the Wars of Scottish Independence...
- Motor Vehicle Parts and Accessories Business, Business Operation, Author, Project participant, Employer, Organization, Consumer company, Customer, Ranked item, Namesake
Robert Bosch GmbH, or Bosch, is a German multinational engineering and electronics company headquartered in Gerlingen, near Stuttgart, Germany. It is the world's largest supplier of automotive components measured by 2011 revenues. The company was...
- Robert F. Kennedy
- Person, TV Personality, Identity, Person Or Being In Fiction, Politician, Family member, Film subject, U.S. Congressperson, Public speaker, Name source
Robert Francis "Bobby" Kennedy, commonly known by his initials RFK, was an American politician from Massachusetts. He served as a Senator for New York from 1965 until his assassination in 1968. He was previously the 64th U.S. Attorney General from...
- Robert Plant
- Hard rock Artist, Person or entity appearing in film, Topic, Social network user, Identity, Broadcast Artist, Influence Node, Film actor, Building Occupant, Award Winner
Robert Anthony Plant, CBE is an English musician, singer, and songwriter best known as the lead singer and lyricist of the rock band Led Zeppelin. Possessing a powerful and wide vocal range, he has also had a successful solo career spanning more than...
- Robert A. Heinlein
- Novelist, Fictional Character Creator, Musician, Topic, Hall of fame inductee, Identity, Author, Musical Artist, Influence Node, Inventor
Robert Anson Heinlein was an American science fiction writer. Often called the "dean of science fiction writers", he was an influential and controversial author of the genre in his time. He was one of the first science fiction writers to break into...
- Robert Baden-Powell, 1st Baron Baden-Powell
- Person, Name source, Military Person, Politician, Organization founder, Deceased Person, Chivalric Order Member, Influence Node, Author
Lieutenant-General Robert Stephenson Smyth Baden-Powell, 1st Baron Baden-Powell, OM GCMG GCVO KCB, also known as B-P or Lord Baden-Powell, was a lieutenant-general in the British Army, writer, founder of the Scout Movement and first Chief Scout of...
- Robert E. Lee
- Architect, Literature Subject, Military Person, Family member, Name source, Person Or Being In Fiction, Organization founder, Person, Exhibition subject, Topic
Robert Edward Lee was an American soldier known for commanding the Confederate Army of Northern Virginia in the American Civil War from 1862 until his surrender in 1865. The son of Revolutionary War officer Henry "Light Horse Harry" Lee III, Lee was...
- Robert De Niro
- Actor, Literature Subject, Topic, Film producer, Organization founder, Dedicator, Celebrity, Identity, Person or entity appearing in film, Measured person
Robert De Niro is an American actor and producer who has starred in over 90 films. His first major film roles were in the sports drama Bang the Drum Slowly and Martin Scorsese's crime film Mean Streets. In 1974, after being turned down for the role...
- Assassination of Robert F. Kennedy
- Literature Subject, Event
The assassination of Robert Francis "Bobby" Kennedy, a United States Senator and brother of assassinated President John Fitzgerald "Jack" Kennedy, took place shortly after midnight on June 5, 1968, in Los Angeles, California, during the campaign...
- Robert Peel
- Art owner, Identity, Person Or Being In Fiction, Person, Name source, Author, Politician, Organization founder, Deceased Person
Sir Robert Peel, 2nd Baronet was a British Conservative statesman, who served as Prime Minister of the United Kingdom from 10 December 1834 to 8 April 1835, and again from 30 August 1841 to 29 June 1846. The son of a wealthy textile manufacturer, he...