Meaning : Famous land, Meaning 'famous landowner; containing the elements 'hruod' meaning 'fame' and 'lant' meaning 'famous'., Famous Land,
Pronunciation : RO-lənd (English), ro-LAWN (French), RO-lawnd (Hungarian) , (ROWLahND),
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Roland:
- Name Number: 1. Meaning: Individual, Masculine, Logic, Self, Active, Leadership, Initiative, Assertive
Additional information Roland:
- Latin Meaning: The name Roland is a Latin baby name. In Latin the meaning of the name Roland is: Famous.
- Swedish Meaning: The name Roland is a Swedish baby name. In Swedish the meaning of the name Roland is: Famous.
- Teutonic Meaning: The name Roland is a Teutonic baby name. In Teutonic the meaning of the name Roland is: Famous.
- American Meaning: The name Roland is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Roland is: Famous.
- English Meaning: The name Roland is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Roland is: Renowned in the land. Roland was a legendary hero who served Charlemagne.
- French Meaning: The name Roland is a French baby name. In French the meaning of the name Roland is: Renowned in the land. Roland was a legendary hero who served Charlemagne.
- German Meaning: The name Roland is a German baby name. In German the meaning of the name Roland is: Famed land; renowned in the land. Roland was a legendary hero who served Charlemagne.
- Means "famous land" from the Germanic elements hrod "fame" and land. Roland was a semi-legendary French hero whose story is told in the medieval epic 'La Chanson de Roland', in which he is a nephew of Charlemagne killed in battle with the Saracens. The Normans introduced this name to England.
Definition funny of Roland:
- 1. There exists only one historical mention of a French Roland, found in the section of Vita Karoli Magni on Roncevaux Pass, written by Charlemagne's courtier and biographer Einhard. 2. Gawd girl! That guy is such a Roland
- That guy is such a Roland
- gawd girl!!! you best be in love with a roland! hope your parents named you caitlin!
- "Man, the new guy in the last cubicle was gone when Amy Winehouse overdosed, then ten minutes after they reported it he showed up. He might be a Roland and we don't even know it!!!"
- So one day, my friend was rolanded while coming home from school. He was stupid enough to jaywalk across the busiest intersection in town. So he got hit by a car and dislocated his shoulder. Writhing in pain, he managed to get some help from the driver and the watching bystanders. However, when the authorities came, he was fined for jaywalking and received demerit points on his licence, while the driver got off scot-free. At least he survived the day.
- ex. "He is so hipster. Must be a Roland."
- Chad: How's that Roland doing? Does he have a girlfriend? Brett: Naw. He watches too much porn to have enough time to get one.
Expression information Roland:
- People with this name tend to initiate events, to be leaders rather than followers, with powerful personalities. They tend to be focused on specific goals, experience a wealth of creative new ideas, and have the ability to implement these ideas with efficiency and determination. They tend to be courageous and sometimes aggressive. As unique, creative individuals, they tend to resent authority, and are sometimes stubborn, proud, and impatient.
Soul information Roland:
- People with this name have a deep inner need for quiet, and a desire to understand and analyze the world they live in, and to learn the deeper truths.
Songs about Roland:
- Roland - Interpol
- Roland Kirk's Message - Charles Mingus
- Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner - Warren Zevon
- Roland by Interpol from the Album Turn On The Bright Lights
- Roland The Headless Thompson Gunner by Warren Zevon from the Album The Best Of Warren Zevon (US Release)
- Roland The Headless Thompson Gunner (2007 Remastered Version) by Warren Zevon from the Album Excitable Boy
- Roland the Roadie and Gertrude the Groupie by Dr. Hook & The Medicine Show from the Album Belly Up!
- Physical Thing [feat. David Roland Williams] by Blackstreet from the Album Blackstreet
- Wreck This Place (feat. Kenneth West, Colette Beard, Janisha Roland, Osby Berry & Chardé Jones) by Troy Culbreth from the Album Wreck This Place (feat. Kenneth West, Colette Beard, Janisha Roland, Osby Berry & Chardé Jones)
- I See U (VIP Mix) [feat. Roland Clark] by Sonny Wharton from the Album 20 Years of Being Skint [Explicit]
Books about Roland:
- Roland: Reluctant Paladin - Nov 25, 2014 by N.C. Reed
- The Song of Roland - Mar 6, 2012 by Robert Harrison and Guy Gavriel Kay
- Peak - Aug 1, 2008 by Roland Smith
- Roland Barthes by Roland Barthes - Oct 12, 2010 by Roland Barthes and Richard Howard
- Roland Humphrey is Wearing a WHAT? - Jan 15, 2013 by Eileen Kiernan-Johnson and Katrina Revenaugh
- Mythologies: The Complete Edition, in a New Translation - Mar 12, 2013 by Roland Barthes and Richard Howard
- The White House in Gingerbread:: Memories and Recipes - Sep 29, 2015 by Roland Mesnier and Mark Ramsdell
- The Edge - Oct 6, 2015 by Roland Smith
- Catching Caytie: A Summer in Snow Valley Romance - Jun 23, 2015 by Cindy Roland Anderson
- "A Very Fine Gift" and Other Writings on Theory: Essays and Interviews, Volume 1 (The French List) - Sep 15, 2015 by Roland Barthes and Chris Turner
Movies about Roland:
- Roland MC-909 DVD Video Training Tutorial Help2006
- Kirk, Roland: Live in '63 and '672008 NR
- Roland Petit's Notre Dame de Paris2014 NR
- Roland DR-880 Training Tutorial2005
- Roland Fantom-S DVD Video Training Tutorial Help2006
- Roland (Boss) BR-1600 DVD Video Training Tutorial Help2004
- Roland Fantom-X DVD Video Training Tutorial Help X6, X7, X82006
- Roland BR-900 DVD Video Training Tutorial Help2006
- LEGATO - THE WORLD OF THE PIANO - Roland Pontinen: Listening to Yourself2013 Unrated
- Jazz Icons: Rahsaan Roland Kirk - Live in '63 and 672008 NR
Wiki information Roland:
- Roland Corporation
- Musical Instrument Manufacturing Business, Musical instrument company, Issuer, Employer, Organization, Software Developer, Business Operation, Consumer company
Roland Corporation is a Japanese manufacturer of electronic musical instruments, electronic equipment and software. It was founded by Ikutaro Kakehashi in Osaka on April 18, 1972, with ¥33 million in capital. In 2005, Roland's headquarters relocated...
- French Open
- Tennis Tournament, Recurring event, Recurring competition
The French Open, often referred to as Roland Garros, is a major tennis tournament held over two weeks between late May and early June at the Stade Roland Garros in Paris, France. Named after the French aviator Roland Garros, it is the premier clay...
- Person Or Being In Fiction, Person, Deceased Person
Roland was a Frankish military leader under Charlemagne who became one of the principal figures in the literary cycle known as the Matter of France. The historical Roland was military governor of the Breton March, responsible for defending Francia's...
The Roland is a Franco-German mobile short-range surface-to-air missile system. The Roland was also purchased by the U.S. Army as one of very few foreign SAM systems. Roland was designed to a joint French and German requirement for a low-level mobile...
- The Song of Roland
- Book, Published Work, Translated Work, Poem, Written Work
The Song of Roland is an epic poem based on the Battle of Roncevaux in 778, during the reign of Charlemagne. It is the oldest surviving major work of French literature and exists in various manuscript versions, which testify to its enormous and...
- Roland Barthes
- Philosopher, Author, Deceased Person, Person, Influence Node, Identity
Roland Gérard Barthes was a French literary theorist, philosopher, linguist, critic, and semiotician. Barthes' ideas explored a diverse range of fields and he influenced the development of schools of theory including structuralism, semiotics, social...
- Roland Kaiser
- Singer Songwriter, Musical Artist, , Musician, Topic, Person, Award Nominee, Lyricist
Roland Kaiser is a schlager singer-songwriter from Germany. He is one of the most successful German speaking schlager-singers. Keiler was working as a marketing executive in a car firm where he was discovered by the German music producer Gerd Kämpfe....
- Stade Roland Garros
- Venue, Namesake, Location, Building complex, Project focus
Stade Roland Garros is a tennis venue complex located in Paris, France. It hosts the French Open, also known as Roland Garros, a Grand Slam championship tournament played annually around the end of May and the beginning of June. The facility was...
- City/Town/Village, Dated location, Statistical region, HUD Foreclosure Area, Organization scope, Location, HUD County Place
Roland is a town in Sequoyah County, Oklahoma, United States. It is part of the Fort Smith, Arkansas-Oklahoma Metropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 3,169 at the 2010 census, compared to 2,842 at the 2000 census.
- Bremen Roland
- Tourist attraction, Location
The Bremen Roland is a statue of Roland, erected in 1404. It stands in the market square of Bremen, Germany, facing the cathedral, and shows Roland, paladin of the first Holy Roman Emperor Charlemagne and hero of the Battle of Roncevaux Pass. Roland...