Meaning : His name is god, Meaning 'God has heard' or 'asked of God'. Contains the Hebrew elements 'schma'- to hear and 'el'- God., His Name Is God, God has listened,
Pronunciation : SAM-yoo-əl (English), SAM-yəl (English), SAH-moo-el (Finnish) , (SAEMYuwL), SAM yule,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Samuel:
- Name Number: 8. Meaning: Outer, Body, Physical, Ambition, Power, Progress, Career, Success, Respect, Fame, Means, Karma
Additional information Samuel:
- Biblical name with possible meaning 'He (God) has hearkened'. It may also be understood as a contracted form of Hebrew sha'ulme'el meaning 'asked of God'. In the case of Samuel the son of Hannah, this would be more in keeping with his mother's statement 'Because I have asked him of the Lord'. Living in the 11th century BC, Samuel was a Hebrew judge and prophet of the greatest historical importance, who established the Hebrew monarchy, anointing as king both Saul, and later, David. In England and America the name was particularly popular among the 16th-century Puritans and among Nonconformists from the 17th - 19th century. Rose in popularity in early 1990s; borne by Samuel L. Jackson (actor) and Fireman Sam (cartoon character).
- Biblical Meaning: The name Samuel is a Biblical baby name. In Biblical the meaning of the name Samuel is: Heard of God; asked of God.
- American Meaning: The name Samuel is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Samuel is: Heard of God; asked of God.
- Hebrew Meaning: The name Samuel is a Hebrew baby name. In Hebrew the meaning of the name Samuel is: Name of God; asked of God; heard by God. Samuel was the prophet who anointed Saul and David as kings of Israel in the Old Testament.
- Swedish Meaning: The name Samuel is a Swedish baby name. In Swedish the meaning of the name Samuel is: God listens.
- This popular Old Testament name -- the biblical Samuel established the Hebrew monarchy -- hasn’t left the top 100 for more than a decade. It was really popular in the last part of the nineteenth century, dropped a little in the mid-twentieth century, then jumped again to a peak of 21 in ’05. Since then it’s slipped out of the top 25, but we still find it an endearing choice. Come on, who can resist a little Sam? Despite its popularity, it remains one of the comfiest, friendliest names around.
- From the Hebrew name שְׁמוּאֵל (Shemu'el) which could mean either "name of God" or "God has heard". Samuel was the last of the ruling judges in the Old Testament. He anointed Saul to be the first king of Israel, and later anointed David. As a Christian name, Samuel came into common use after the Protestant Reformation. Famous bearers include American inventor Samuel Morse (1791-1872), Irish writer Samuel Beckett (1906-1989), and American author Samuel Clemens (1835-1910), who wrote under the pen name Mark Twain.
Definition funny of Samuel:
- That guy is so a Samuel
- "He's so rotten but lovable. His name must be Samuel."
- Dude:That guy just jumped in front of that girl and took a bullet in the chest for her! Dude 2:Dude bet his name's Samuel
- A touch of Samuel and you're in heaven. Samuel, you're perfect! Samuel, I love you.Everyone needs a Samuel in his/her life!
- 1 Samuel 3:4 -Then the LORD called Samuel. Samuel answered, "Here I am."
- 1) "Samuel, I love you." 2) "Samuel! Be good!" 3) "Buh-bye." 4) "I hahrt you."
- Samuel the hottie
Expression information Samuel:
- People with this name are competent, practical, and often obtain great power and wealth. They tend to be successful in business and commercial affairs, and are able to achieve great material dreams. Because they often focus so strongly on business and achievement, they may neglect their private lives and relationships.
Soul information Samuel:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire to serve humanity and to give to others by sharing money, knowledge and experience, or creative and artistic ability.
Songs about Samuel:
- Say Something (Zac Samuel Remix) by Karen Harding from the Album Say Something
- 1 Samuel 17 by Bible from the Album ESV Old Testament - English Standard Version (Dramatized)
- Samuel Jackson by Hot Action Cop from the Album S.W.A.T. (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
- Samuel Colt by Billy Walker from the Album Cattle Call, Vol. 4
- Yo Creo (feat. Samuel Hernández) by Alex Zurdo from the Album De La a a La Z
- Aporia (Samuel Proffitt Remix) by Crywolf & Ianborg from the Album Runaway (The Remixes)
- Hideaway (Zac Samuel Remix) by Kiesza from the Album Hideaway (Zac Samuel Remix)
- Isabel's Murder, Recollections Of Samuel by James Horner from the Album Legends Of The Fall Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
- Body on Me (Zac Samuel Remix Edit) by RITA ORA feat. Chris Brown from the Album Body on Me (The Remixes)
- Hay Esperanza En Cristo (feat. Samuel Hernandez) by Santiago Torres Jr from the Album MI Casa No Se Cae
Books about Samuel:
- The Lord Calls Samuel - Arch Books - Oct 1, 2005 by Jane L. Fryar
- Samael (Lost Angels Book 5) - Aug 28, 2015 by Heather Killough-Walden
- The Tale of Samuel Whiskers (Peter Rabbit) - Sep 16, 2002 by Beatrix Potter
- Samuel Learns to Yell and Tell: A Warning For Children Against Sexual Predators - Oct 11, 2010 by Debi Pearl and Benjamin Aprile
- The Future Chronicles - Special Edition - Sep 18, 2015 by Samuel Peralta and Hugh Howey
- The Expositor's Bible: The First Book of Samuel - Dec 18, 2012 by William Garden Blaikie and W. Robertson Nicoll
- Samuel and Sophia: A Tale of Two Teddies - Jun 23, 2015 by Judy Dearborn Nill and KC Snider
- Amish Romance: Sadie and Samuel Collection (4 in 1 Book Boxed Set): The Amish of Lawrence County, PA (Sadie and... - Sep 3, 2015 by Arwilda Allshouse
- One Righteous Man: Samuel Battle and the Shattering of the Color Line in New York - Jun 30, 2015 by Arthur Browne
- Samuel - Sep 15, 1997 by Gene A. Getz
Movies about Samuel:
- Samuel Morris: African Missionary to North America2014 NR CC
- Including Samuel2009 NR CC
- Torchlighters: The Samuel Morris Story2012 NR CC
- Dex Davis:Child of God! (D2: Episode 2) "I'm Pressin' (1 Samuel 16:7)2010 NR
- The Rime of the Ancient Mariner - Samuel Taylor Coleridge2013 NR CC
- Samuel Bleak2013 NR CC
- St. Elsewhere - Season 11982 NR
- Extras: The Complete Series2008 NR
- 4 Film Favorites: Samuel L Jackson2013 R
- Samuel L. Jackson Triple Feature2012 R
Famous about Samuel:
- Samuel Adams - Founding Father
- Samuel L. Jackson - actor
- Samuel “Sam” Waterston - actor
- Samuel Alito - Supreme Court justice
- Samuel “Sam” Mendes - director
Wiki information Samuel:
- Books of Samuel
- Religious Text, Translated Work, Book, Adapted Work, Written Work
The two Books of Samuel are part of the Deuteronomistic history, a series of books in the Hebrew Bible/Old Testament that constitute a theological history of the Israelites which explains God's law for Israel under the guidance of the prophets....
- Religious Leader, Person Or Being In Fiction, Deceased Person, Person, Literature Subject
Samuel, literally meaning "Name of God" in Hebrew, is a leader of ancient Israel in the Books of Samuel in the Hebrew Bible. He is also known as a prophet and is mentioned in the second chapter of the Qur'an, although not by name. His status, as...
- Samuel Goldwyn
- Film producer, Influence Node, Person or entity appearing in film, Organization founder, Person, Name source, Award Winner, Award Nominee, Topic, Deceased Person
Samuel Goldwyn, also known as Samuel Goldfish, was a Jewish Polish American film producer. He was most well known for being the founding contributor and executive of several motion picture studios in Hollywood. His awards include the 1973 Golden...
- Samuel Beckett
- Novelist, Author, Topic, Librettist, Influence Node, Translator, Athlete, Name source, Identity, Person
Samuel Barclay Beckett was an Irish avant-garde novelist, playwright, theatre director, and poet, who lived in Paris for most of his adult life and wrote in both English and French. His work offers a bleak, tragicomic outlook on human existence,...
- Samuel Alito
- Judge, Identity, Military Person, Topic, Person, Appointee
Samuel Anthony Alito, Jr. is an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States. He was nominated by President George W. Bush and has served on the court since January 31, 2006. Raised in Hamilton Township, New Jersey and educated at...
- Samuel Johnson
- Author, Name source, Employer, Quotation, Exhibition subject, Periodical editor, Deceased Person, Inventor, Identity, Person
Samuel Johnson, often referred to as Dr Johnson, was an English writer who made lasting contributions to English literature as a poet, essayist, moralist, literary critic, biographer, editor and lexicographer. Johnson was a devout Anglican and...
- Samuel Eto'o
- Soccer, Football player, Topic, Person, Identity, Sports League Award Winner, Film actor, Athlete, Olympic athlete, Award Nominee
Samuel Eto'o Fils is a Cameroonian professional footballer who plays as a striker for Turkish club Antalyaspor, and formerly for the Cameroon national team. He is the most decorated African player of all time having won the African Player of the Year...
- Mark Twain
- Novelist, Author, Composer, Deceased Person, Film subject, Topic, Architectural structure owner, Person Or Being In Fiction, Influence Node, Literature Subject
Samuel Langhorne Clemens, better known by his pen name Mark Twain, was an American author and humorist. He wrote The Adventures of Tom Sawyer and its sequel, Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, the latter often called "The Great American Novel". Twain...
- Herbert Samuel, 1st Viscount Samuel
- Politician, Chivalric Order Member, Deceased Person, Award Nominee, Person
Herbert Louis Samuel, 1st Viscount Samuel, GCB, OM, GBE, PC was a British Liberal politician who was the party leader from 1931-35. He was the first nominally practising Jew to serve as a Cabinet minister and to become the leader of a major British...
- Rhythm and blues Artist, Musical Artist, Musician, TV Actor, Composer, Lyricist, Person, Measured person, Public figure with medical condition, TV Personality
Henry Olusegun Adeola Samuel, better known by his stage name Seal, is a British soul and R&B singer and songwriter. He has sold more than 30 million albums worldwide and is known for his numerous international hits, including "Kiss from a Rose",...