If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Sigurd:
- Name Number: 6. Meaning: Home, Family, Love, Balance, Harmony, Help, Warmth, Social justice
Additional information Sigurd:
- Swedish Meaning: The name Sigurd is a Swedish baby name. In Swedish the meaning of the name Sigurd is: Victorious.
- Norse Meaning: The name Sigurd is a Norse baby name. In Norse the meaning of the name Sigurd is: Victorious defender.
- From the Old Norse name Sigurðr, which was derived from the elements sigr "victory" and varðr "guardian". Sigurd was the hero of the Norse legend the 'Volsungasaga', which tells how his foster-father Regin sent him to recover a hoard of gold guarded by the dragon Fafnir. After slaying the dragon Sigurd tasted some of its blood, enabling him to understand the language of birds. By listening to the birds Sigurd learned that Regin was planning to betray him. The stories of the German hero Siegfried were in part based on him.
Definition funny of Sigurd:
- "You are one lucky person". "You look like a Sigurd".
- "Got free soj?" "Need free" "Free please!"" "What a sigurd.."
- "Hey! Look on that sigurd! He is freaking huge." "Why are you talking like a sigurd?"
Expression information Sigurd:
- for harmony and balance in their lives, and respond positively to beautiful things.
Soul information Sigurd:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire to create and express themselves, often in public speaking, acting, writing or singing. They also yearn to have beauty around them in their home and work environment.
Songs about Sigurd:
- Grieg: Sigurd Jorsalfar, op.22 - 5. Homage March by Gothenburg Symphony Orchestra and Neeme Järvi from the Album Grieg: Peer Gynt Suites Nos.1 & 2; Lyric Suite; Sigurd Jorsalfar
- Andvari's Gold - Sigurd and Fafnir by Hymir's Kettle from the Album Folk Soul - A Second Compilation of Odinist Artists
- Homage March from 'Sigurd Jorsalfar' Op.22 by French National Orchestra from the Album Grieg: Peer Gynt Suites 1&2 / Holberg Suite / Homage March
- Grieg: Sigurd Jorsalfar, op.22 - 5. Homage March by Gothenburg Symphony Orchestra and Neeme Järvi from the Album Grieg: Complete Music with Orchestra (6 CDs)
- Grieg: Sigurd Jorsalfar, Three Orchestral Pieces Op.56 - 3. Homage March (Op.22 No.4) by Berliner Philharmoniker and Herbert von Karajan from the Album Grieg: Peer Gynt Suites; Holberg Suites; Piano Concerto (2 CDs)
- Homage March from 'Sigurd Jorsalfar', Op. 56 by The Locke Brass Consort, James Stobart from the Album Verdi, Mozart, Tchaikovsky, Puccini, Grieg, Strauss, Berlioz and Mussorgsky: Symphonic Marches for Concert Brass
- Sigurd Jorsalfar, Op.22 - 5. Homage March by Gothenburg Symphony Orchestra and Neeme Järvi from the Album Grieg: Peer Gynt; Sigurd Jorsalfar (2 CD's)
- Homage March (from Sigurd Jorsalfar) by Various artists from the Album 99 Must-Have Power Classics: The Planets & Other Masterpieces
- Sigurd Jorsalfar, Op. 56 by Jerzy Maksymiuk from the Album Grieg (The Very Best Of)
- 3 Orchestral Pieces from Sigurd Jorsalfar, Op. 56 (version for orchestra): Borghild's Dream by Slovak State Philharmonic Orchestra Kosice from the Album Pastorale - Classical Favourites for Relaxing and Dreaming
Books about Sigurd:
- The Legend of Sigurd and Gudrún - May 5, 2009 by J.R.R. Tolkien and Christopher Tolkien
- The Story of Sigurd The Volsung and The Fall of The Niblungs - Sep 2, 2015 by William Morris
- Sigurd Lewerentz - May 27, 2013 by Nicola Flora and Paolo Giardiello
- The Singing Wilderness (Fesler-Lampert Minnesota Heritage) - Aug 13, 1997 by Sigurd F. Olson and Francis Lee Jaques
- Sigurd Lewerentz, Architect - Feb 15, 2015 by Janne Ahlin
- 158 Saxophone Exercises - Jan 1, 1968 by Sigurd M. Rascher
- Reflections from the North Country (Fesler-Lampert Minnesota Heritage) - Sep 1, 1998 by Sigurd F. Olson
- Listening Point (Fesler-Lampert Minnesota Heritage) - Aug 13, 1997 by Sigurd F. Olson
- Sigurd and His Brave Companions: A Tale of Medieval Norway - Jun 12, 2013 by Sigrid Undset and Gunvor Bull Teilman
- The Story of Sigurd the Volsung: The Fall of the Niblungs - Aug 30, 2015 by William Morris
Movies about Sigurd:
- The Wilderness World of Sigurd F. Olson9999 by Northword inc.
- Day Of Wrath  / Region 2 PAL European Edition DVD / Actors: Thorkild Roose, Lisbeth Movin, Sigrid Neiiendam...2006
Wiki information Sigurd:
- Opera Character, Person Or Being In Fiction, Fictional Character
Sigurd is a legendary hero of Norse mythology, as well as the central character in the Völsunga saga. The earliest extant representations for his legend come in pictorial form from seven runestones in Sweden and most notably the Ramsund carving and...
- Sigurd the Crusader
- Military Commander, Deceased Person, Person, Noble person
Sigurd I Magnusson, also known as Sigurd the Crusader, was King of Norway from 1103 to 1130. His rule, together with his brother Eystein I of Norway, has been regarded by historians as a golden age for the medieval Kingdom of Norway. He is otherwise...
- City/Town/Village, HUD Foreclosure Area, Statistical region, Dated location, Location, HUD County Place
Sigurd is a town in Sevier County, Utah, United States. The population was 430 at the 2000 census.
- Sigurd the Stout
- Man, Deceased Person, Person
Sigurd Hlodvirsson, popularly known as Sigurd the Stout from the Old Norse Sigurðr digri, was an Earl of Orkney. The main sources for his life are the Norse Sagas, which were first written down some two centuries or more after his death. These...
- Opera, Composition
Sigurd is an opera in four acts and nine scenes by the French composer Ernest Reyer on a libretto by Camille du Locle and Alfred Blau. Like Wagner's Ring of the Nibelung, the story is based on the Nibelungenlied and the Eddas, with some crucial...
- Sigurd II of Norway
- Noble person, Person, Deceased Person
Sigurd II Haraldsson was king of Norway from 1136 to 1155. He was son of Harald Gille, king of Norway and his mistress Tora Guttormsdotter. He served as co-ruler with his half-brothers, Inge Haraldsson and Eystein Haraldsson. His epithet Munn means...
- Sigurd Wongraven
- Black metal Artist, Composer, Lyricist, Featured artist, Guitarist, Person, Musician, Musical Artist
Satyr is the vocalist, lead and rhythm guitarist, bassist, and keyboardist for the Norwegian black metal band Satyricon. He was a founding member of Satyricon and have so far released eight albums, two demos, and a live DVD. He has also contributed...
- Sigurd Rushfeldt
- Professional Association Football Player, Football player, Person, Measured person, Athlete
Sigurd Rushfeldt is a Norwegian footballer who is working as an assistant coach for Tromsø as well as a player for Lyngen/Karnes. During his playing career, he played for Tromsø, Birmingham City, Rosenborg, Racing de Santander, and Austria Wien. He...
- Sigurd Pettersen
- Professional Ski Jumper, Olympic athlete, Athlete, Measured person, Person
Sigurd Pettersen is a Norwegian former ski jumper. His greatest achievement is winning the 2003–04 Four Hills Tournament, with wins in Oberstdorf, Garmisch-Partenkirchen and Bischofshofen. Pettersen also won two bronze medals in the team large hill...
- Sigurd Hoel
- Writer, Author, Topic, Person, Film story contributor, Deceased Person, Award Winner
Sigurd Hoel was a Norwegian author and publishing consultant, born in Nord-Odal. He debuted with the collection of short stories Veien vi gaar in 1922. His breakthrough came with Syndere i sommersol, which was made into a film in 1932 and in 2002.