Meaning : Man Of The Forest, Man of the Forest, Derived from Latin origin meaning 'man of the woods' it is used chiefly in the English language., Forest Dweller,
Pronunciation : SY lus, (SIL-as), SIE-ləs (English) ,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Silas:
- Name Number: 6. Meaning: Home, Family, Love, Balance, Harmony, Help, Warmth, Social justice
Additional information Silas:
- Silas is a name with Latin origins. The meaning of the name Silas is Man of the Forest. It is possibly a short form of the name Silvanus, who was the Roman god of forests. Silva is Latin for woods or forest. Famous Silases include Silas Weir Mitchell, actor. Athletes with Silas in their names include include Paul Silas, Paulo Silas, and Silas Feitosa Jose De Souza. Fictional characters include the main character Silas Marner in the novel of the same name by George Eliot. Silas was also a character in The Da Vinci Code, Weeds, and The Vampire Diaries. WikiName.net users who like the name Silas also like names that are of Biblical or British origins.
- Silas is a masculine name of Hebrew origin and can be found in the bible. Its meaning and origin are not certain but it is generally presumed to be a variant form of Sylvester. Sylvester is taken to mean ‘Forest Dweller’ and therefore the meaning of Silas is taken as such. Sylvester is not common in younger generations but Silas is gaining in popularity.
- Biblical Meaning: The name Silas is a Biblical baby name. In Biblical the meaning of the name Silas is: Three, or the third'.
- American Meaning: The name Silas is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Silas is: Three, or the third'.
- English Meaning: The name Silas is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Silas is: from a Greek name meaning 'forest; woods.' In the bible Silas was a missionary companion of Paul and Timothy.
- Latin Meaning: The name Silas is a Latin baby name. In Latin the meaning of the name Silas is: Of the forest. God of trees and forests. In the bible, Silas was a missionary companion of Paul and Timothy.
- Probably a short form of SILVANUS. This is the name of a companion of Saint Paul in the New Testament. Paul refers to him as Silvanus in his epistles, though it is possible that Silas was in fact a Greek form of the Hebrew name SAUL (via Aramaic). As an English name it was not used until after the Protestant Reformation. It was utilized by George Eliot for the title character in her novel 'Silas Marner' (1861).
Definition funny of Silas:
- My honey is such a Silas!
- (noun) "Woah... that guy over there looks like he might be a silas." (Referring to an extremely sexy and awesome personage). (adj) "He's such a silas kinda guy." (Again, referring to an extremely sexy and awesome personage). (Prop. Noun) "My name's Silas." (Everyone suddenly falls to the ground, as they are not worthy.)
- "Wow, that guy is so nice, he must be a Silas."
- Person 1: Man this is like my 100th girlfriend, what should I do? Person 2: Find yourself a Sila bro.
- Mother: My boys such a silas, HE REEKS OF VAGINA!
- EWWWW... that guy is a Koen but john is such a Silas!!!!
- There goes the school president, he is such a Silas
Expression information Silas:
- for harmony and balance in their lives, and respond positively to beautiful things.
Soul information Silas:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire to use their abilities in leadership, and to have personal independence. They would rather focus on large, important issues, and delegate the details.
Songs about Silas:
- Silas Stingy - The Who
- Silas by Colcannon from the Album Saint Bartholemew's Feast
- Silas by Betty Who from the Album Take Me When You Go (Deluxe Version)
- Swan Lee (Silas Lang) by Syd Barrett from the Album Opel
- 2 Songs from Silas Marner: No. 2. The Bewilderment of Waking by Elizabeth Farnum from the Album Meltzer: Brion - Sindbad - Exiles
- 2 Songs from Silas Marner: No. 1. At Night Came His Revelry by Elizabeth Farnum from the Album Meltzer: Brion - Sindbad - Exiles
- Paul And Silas (Album Version) by Lester Flatt;Earl Scruggs from the Album Foggy Mountain Gospel
- Silas by The Senate from the Album The End Is Over
- The Sounds of Silas (Parody of "The Sounds of Silence" By Simon & Garfunkel) by ApologetiX from the Album Apologetix Classics: The 60's
- Here Come The Lights (Feat. Silas) by Joker from the Album Here Come The Lights (Feat. Silas)
Books about Silas:
- Silas - Dec 31, 2014 by Sabrina Paige
- Luke: A West Bend Saints Romance - Aug 5, 2015 by Sabrina Paige
- Silas Marner: The Weaver of Raveloe (Standard Classics) - Nov 28, 2014 by George Eliot
- Elias (West Bend Saints Book 1) - Nov 2, 2014 by Sabrina Paige
- Silas Marner (Standard Classics) - May 26, 2015 by George Eliot
- Taming Blaze (Motorcycle Club Romance, New Adult Romance) (Inferno Motorcycle Club Book 1) - Apr 25, 2014 by Sabrina Paige
- Inferno Motorcycle Club: The Complete Series (New Adult, Military, Cowboy, Biker Romance) - Nov 1, 2014 by Sabrina Paige
- Silas: A Supernatural Thriller - Jan 5, 2014 by Robert J. Duperre
- Saving Axe (Motorcycle Club Romance) (Inferno Motorcycle Club Book 2) - Jul 22, 2014 by Sabrina Paige
- Silas' Seven Grandparents - Apr 1, 2010 by Anita Horrocks and Helen Flook
Movies about Silas:
- Uncle Silas NR CC
- Hank the Cave Peanut & Captain Silas2008 NR
- Silas Marner, The Weaver of Raveloe2007 NR
- The George Eliot Collection2007 NR
- My Uncle Silas - Complete Collection2010 NR
- My Uncle Silas - Series 12009 Unrated
- My Uncle Silas - Series 22001 NR
- My Uncle Silas2001 NR by Albert Finney and Sue Johnston
- My Uncle Silas - The Complete Series2000 Unrated
- The Master Techniques of Marquetry by Silas Kopf
Wiki information Silas:
- Religious Leader, Deceased Person, Person
Silas or Silvanus was a leading member of the Early Christian community, who later accompanied Paul on parts of his first and second missionary journeys.
- City/Town/Village, HUD County Place, Statistical region, HUD Foreclosure Area, Dated location, Location
Silas is a town in Choctaw County, Alabama, United States. At the 2010 census the population was 452.
- Silas Marner
- Book, Book, Adapted Work, Work of Fiction, Published Work, Written Work
Silas Marner: The Weaver of Raveloe is the third novel by George Eliot, published in 1861. An outwardly simple tale of a linen weaver, it is notable for its strong realism and its sophisticated treatment of a variety of issues ranging from religion...
- TV Miniseries, TV Program
Silas was a 1981 ZDF Adventure TV mini-series based on the Danish children's book „Silas og den sorte hoppe“ by Cecil Bødker who kept on writing instalments until 2001. The series was Patrick Bach's debut and because the series did so well he also...
- Paul Silas
- Award Winner, Measured person, Basketball Coach, Person, Identity, Athlete, Basketball Player
Paul Theron Silas is a retired American professional basketball player and former NBA head coach. He attended Creighton University, where he set an NCAA record for the most rebounds in three seasons and averaged 20.6 rebounds per game in 1963. In the...
- Silas Weir Mitchell
- Actor, TV Actor, Person, Film actor
Silas Weir Mitchell is an American character actor known for starring as Charles "Haywire" Patoshik in the Fox television series Prison Break, and Monroe in the NBC television series Grimm.
- Silas Blissett
- Fictional Character, TV Character
Silas Blissett is a fictional character from the Channel 4 soap opera Hollyoaks, played by Jeff Rawle. Rawle's casting was announced in December 2010 and it was revealed that he would portray a killer. Rawle was approached by Hollyoaks and met with...
- Silas Deane
- U.S. Congressperson, Politician, Person, Deceased Person, Author
Silas Deane was an American merchant, politician and diplomat. Originally a supporter of American independence Deane served as a delegate to the Continental Congress and then as the United States' first foreign diplomat when he travelled to France to...
- Silas Carson
- Actor, TV Actor, Person, Influence Node, Film actor
Silas Carson is an English actor, mostly known for playing Jedi Master Ki-Adi-Mundi and Viceroy Nute Gunray in all three of the Star Wars prequels and providing the voice of the Ood in Doctor Who. In Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace, Carson...
- Silas Redd
- American football player, Measured person, Person, Athlete
Silas Raynard Redd Jr. is an American football running back for the Washington Redskins of the National Football League. He played college football at the University of Southern California and Penn State prior. After not being selected in the 2014...