Meaning : Derived from the Old English meaning 'wide island', traditionally used as a surname, it is also a variant spelling of the English Sydney., Contraction of St. Denys, Wide meadow, Contraction Of St. Denys,
Pronunciation : SID-nee , SID nee, (SID-nee),
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Sydney:
- Name Number: 2. Meaning: Partnership, Sense, Other, Passive, Assistance, Acceptance, Intimacy, Peace
Additional information Sydney:
- Sydney, as well as being a major Australian city, is a unisex name meaning 'wide meadow'. It was introduced as a boy's name, but has now been overtaken by the female given name.
- Greek Meaning: The name Sydney is a Greek baby name. In Greek the meaning of the name Sydney is: From Sidon.
- American Meaning: The name Sydney is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Sydney is: From Sidon.
- English Meaning: The name Sydney is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Sydney is: Wide Island: south of the water; from Sidon.
- French Meaning: The name Sydney is a French baby name. In French the meaning of the name Sydney is: From Saint-Denis (place name). This name has recently become popular for girls as well as boys.
- tually goes beyond Australia – both the y and i versions also stem from English place names), but there’s also the grandpa’s-name-is-back-and-turned-feminine-but-now-spelled-with-a-y thing. Sidney was originally used at the turn of the last century, though it was far more popular for boys – the male version just cracked the top 100, while the female version barely eked into the top 1,000. They both dropped through the 20th century (the female version totally leaving the charts). After a big jump in the ‘90s, the feminine Sidney is actually more popular than the masculine. As for the actual name in question (SYdney), it started out as a vaguely popular boys name and became a vaguely popular girls name in the ‘30s, then underwent a massive leap from the ‘80s (average ranking 476) to the ‘90s (59). It’s dropped since, but still somehow seems a more sophisticated place-name choice than other options – maybe because it’s halfway around the world? Or because it did actually begin as a name? Either way, we approve.
- From a surname which was a variant of the surname SIDNEY. This is the name of the largest city in Australia, which was named for Thomas Townshend, 1st Viscount Sydney in 1788. Since the 1990s this name has been mainly feminine.
Definition funny of Sydney:
- OMG! I am lucky to have Sydney
- Wow, did you see that girl sydney? She's so smoking hot, and she's so amazinggggg. I think I'm gonna ask her to bone. :D
- Person #1: "She seems like a Sydney!" Person #2: "Hey, I'm gonna go ask her!" (Person #2 comes over and asks then walks back) Person #2: "Yup, man! That's definitely a Sydney!"
- Cheese enchiladas are Sydney sauce.
- "Sydney was so funny last night" "I can't believe Sydney's hair, it's so nice"
- Man, Sydney is the most perfect girl in the world.
- adj. "Man she's so cute. She must be a sydney." noun. "Man sydney is so polite." "I'm so lucky to be sydney's boyfriend."
Expression information Sydney:
- People with this name tend to be idealistic, highly immaginative, intuitive, and spiritual. They seek after spiritual truth and often find it. They tend to be visionary and may inspire others. If they fail to develop their potential, they may become dreamers, or misuse power.
Soul information Sydney:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire for travel and adventure, and want to set their own pace in life without being governed by tradition.
Songs about Sydney:
- Sydney - Halifax
- Sydney (I'll Come Running) by Brett Dennen from the Album Loverboy (Amazon MP3 Exclusive Version)
- This Guy's In Love With You (2008/Live In Sydney) by Burt Bacharach from the Album Live At The Sydney Opera House
- Everything's Not Lost (Live In Sydney) by Coldplay from the Album Live 2003
- Strange Kind Of Woman (Live From Sydney, Australia/1984) by Deep Purple from the Album Perfect Strangers Live (Live From Sydney, Australia/1984)
- Kite (Live in Sydney) by U2 from the Album Window In The Skies (Comm Maxi)
- Sydney (I'll Come Running) by Brett Dennen from the Album The Definitive Collection
- Yellow (Live In Sydney) by Coldplay from the Album Live 2003
- Don't Dream It's Over (Live At Sydney Opera House; 2006 Digital Remaster) by Crowded House from the Album Farewell To The World
- Yesterday's Songs (Live At Sydney Entertainment Center / 1992) by Neil Diamond from the Album Stages: Performances 1970-2002
Books about Sydney:
- Lonely Planet Sydney (Travel Guide) - Dec 1, 2012 by Lonely Planet and Peter Dragicevich
- Top 10 Sydney (Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guide) - May 5, 2015 by Steve Womersley and Rachel Neustein
- Fodor's Sydney 25 Best (Full-color Travel Guide) - May 12, 2015 by Fodor's
- DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Sydney - Sep 17, 2012 by Kate Hemphill and Rachel Neustein
- Sydney, Australia Travel Guide - 3-Day *Best-Of* Itinerary - Apr 8, 2012 by Fiona Davies and Unanchor
- Otis & Sydney and the Best Birthday Ever - Sep 1, 2010 by Laura Numeroff and Dan Andreasen
- Sydney's Star - Nov 1, 2001 by Peter H. Reynolds
- Streetwise Sydney Map - Laminated City Center Street Map of Sydney, Australia - Feb 1, 2013 by Streetwise Maps
- Watch Over Me: A Danvers Novel - Sep 1, 2015 by Sydney Landon
- Top 10 Sydney (EYEWITNESS TOP 10 TRAVEL GUIDE) - Apr 15, 2013 by Steve Womersley and Rachel Neustein
Movies about Sydney:
- Sydney White2014 PG-13 CC
- Showing Sydney2013 NR CC
- Sydney Australia's Premier City (NTSC)2009 NR CC
- Signature Style Sydney2010 NR CC
- Sydney White2007 PG-13
- Sydney Australia's Premier City2006 NR CC
- Sketches of Frank Gehry by Sydney Pollack2006 PG-13
- Michael Franti & Spearhead - Live in Sydney2008 NR
- U2 - Zoo TV, Live From Sydney2006 NR
- America: In Concert - Live at the Sydney Opera House2004 NR
Famous about Sydney:
- Sidney Poitier - actor
- Sydney Tamiia Poitier - actress and daughter of Sidney
- Sydney Bristow - character in Alias
- Sydney Pollack - director
Wiki information Sydney:
- Olympic bidding city, Namesake, Dated location, Travel destination, Capital of administrative division, Olympic host city, Newspaper circulation area, Identity, Employer, Governmental Jurisdiction
Sydney /ˈsɪdni/ is the state capital of New South Wales and the most populous city in Australia and Oceania. Located on Australia's east coast, the metropolis surrounds the world's largest natural harbour, and sprawls towards the Blue Mountains to...
- 2000 Summer Olympics
- Award-Nominated Work, Event, Literature Subject, Olympic games
The 2000 Summer Olympic Games, officially known as the Games of the XXVII Olympiad and commonly known as Sydney 2000 or the Millennium Olympic Games/Games of the New Millennium, were an international multi-sport event which was celebrated between 15...
- The Sydney Morning Herald
- Periodical, Newspaper
The Sydney Morning Herald is a daily compact newspaper published by Fairfax Media in Sydney and is also an Australian national online news brand. Founded in 1831 as the Sydney Herald, the SMH is the oldest continuously published newspaper in...
- University of Sydney
- Academic institution, Educational Institution, Educational Institution Campus, Location, Ranked item, Organization, Endowed Organization, Employer, College/University, Award Nominee
The University of Sydney is an Australian public research university in Sydney. Founded in 1850, it is Australia's first university and is regarded as one of its most prestigious, ranked as the world's 27th most reputable university. In 2013, it was...
- Sydney Swans
- Australian rules football Team, Sports Team
The Sydney Swans is an Australian rules football club which plays in the Australian Football League. The club has been based in Sydney, New South Wales since the South Melbourne Football Club was relocated to Sydney in 1982. Sydney was the first club...
- Sydney Airport
- Namesake, Transport terminus, Airport, Location
Sydney Airport is an international airport located 8 km south of the city centre, in the suburb of Mascot in Sydney. It is the only major airport serving Sydney, and is a primary hub for Qantas, as well as a secondary hub for Virgin Australia and...
- Central Railway Station, Sydney
- Transport terminus, Transit Stop, Location
Central railway station is located at the southern end of the Sydney central business district and is the largest and busiest railway station in New South Wales. It services almost all of the lines on the Sydney Trains network, and is the major...
- Sydney International
- Tennis Tournament, Recurring event
The Sydney International, sponsored as the Apia International Sydney as of 2012, is a professional tennis tournament in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. The tournament is played annually at the Sydney Olympic Park Tennis Centre in Homebush. It is...
- City/Town/Village, Location, Dated location, Organization scope, Statistical region, Sports Team Location, Namesake, Capital of administrative division, Employer
Sydney is a community and former city in Nova Scotia, Canada. Situated on Cape Breton Island's east coast, it belongs administratively to the Cape Breton Regional Municipality. Sydney was founded in 1785 by the British, and was incorporated as a city...
- Sydney FC
- Organization, Football team, Sports Team
Sydney Football Club /ˈsɪdni/, commonly known as Sydney FC, is an Australian professional soccer club based in Sydney, New South Wales. It competes in the country's premier competition, the A-League, under license from Football Federation Australia....