Meaning : Gracious, Merciful, God has favoured me, The anglicised version of the biblical name Hannah, meaning 'God has shown favour'. May also derive from the name Anastasia, meaning 'resurrection'.,
Origin : Old Church Slavic, Occitan, Latvian, Danish, Ukrainian, Finnish, Hungarian, Russian, Czech, Belarusian, Italian, Breton, Icelandic, Slovak, Biblical, Biblical Greek, Norwegian, Dutch, English, Biblical Latin, Catalan, Greek, Polish, German, Swedish, Hebrew, Bulgarian, Estonian,
Pronunciation : (AENah), A nuh, AN-a (English), AHN-nah (Italian, Dutch, Norwegian, Finnish, Polish), AH-nah (German, Russian), AN-nah (Danish) ,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information ANna:
- Name Number: 3. Meaning: Communication, Interaction, Friendship, Joy, Lightness, Humor, Art, Positivity, Optimism
Additional information ANna:
- A Latinate variant of Anne, common in numerous European languages. Famous bearers include Anna Kournikova (tennis) and Anna Nicole Smith (model).
- Anglo-Saxon Meaning: The name Anna is an Anglo-Saxon baby name. In Anglo-Saxon the meaning of the name Anna is: Name of a king.
- English Meaning: The name Anna is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Anna is: Name of a king.
- American Meaning: The name Anna is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Anna is: Name of a king.
- Anna comes from the biblical Hannah (Channah in the Bible) and spent many, many years in the top 25. It originally peaked at number two in 1880, and since then has gone down but remained popular, with a more recent peak of 19 in 2001. It fell below the simpler Ann in the mid-twentieth century, but has now reclaimed its spot as the most popular of the Ann/Anne/Anna set. Even though it’s slipped a little, it still fits in with today’s trend of classic and strong but feminine names, so don’t expect it to take any sort of major dive. Anna’s not just well loved in America -- it’s popular in almost every European and/or English-speaking country, and saints and royals have donned the name for centuries. Just about every language has its own variations too, from the French Anais to the Russian Anya.
- Form of Channah (see HANNAH) used in the Greek and Latin Old Testament. Many later Old Testament translations, including the English, use the Hannah spelling instead of Anna. The name appears briefly in the New Testament belonging to a prophetess who recognized Jesus as the Messiah. It was a popular name in the Byzantine Empire from an early date, and in the Middle Ages it became common among Western Christians due to veneration of Saint Anna (usually known as Saint Anne in English), the name traditionally assigned to the mother of the Virgin Mary. In the English-speaking world, this form came into general use in the 18th century, joining Ann and Anne. The name was borne by several Russian royals, including an 18th-century empress of Russia. It was also the name of the main character in Leo Tolstoy's novel 'Anna Karenina' (1877), a woman forced to choose between her son and her lover.
Definition funny of ANna:
- You think your as awesome as Anna? well you cant be because Anna is so amazingly awesome
- - "Hi. What's your name?" - "Anna" - "Anna?!?!?!" - "Yes... Anna." - "Oh my goodness that is the most awesome name I've ever heard in my LIFE!" - "Why thank you." - "NO! Thank YOU! For allowing me to meet you, Anna!"
- Guy: DAMNNNNNN that girl is fucking gorgeous. Guy 2: Yep, her name must be Anna.
- Person 1: so how was your time with your friend? Person 2: it was good, she was being an anna today
- "did you see anna? damn she's fine!" "man, anna's one sexy babe!!" "she's perfect"
- anna is anna apparent ly this definition need to be longer... ahh i think that will do.
- "hello lindsay anna" "im gonna name my daughter anna"
Expression information ANna:
- People with this name tend to be creative and excellent at expressing themselves. They are drawn to the arts, and often enjoy life immensely. They are often the center of attention, and enjoy careers that put them in the limelight. They tend to become involved in many different activities, and are sometimes reckless with both their energies and with money.
Soul information ANna:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire for love and companionship, and want to work with others to achieve peace and harmony.
Songs about ANna:
Books about ANna:
- Anna and the French Kiss - Aug 4, 2011 by Stephanie Perkins
- The Life of Anna: The Complete Story - Apr 3, 2015 by Marissa Honeycutt
- Anna Karenina (Modern Library Classics) - Oct 10, 2000 by Leo Tolstoy and Leonard J. Kent
- Anna's Table - Mar 1, 2003 by Eve Bunting
- Swan: The Life and Dance of Anna Pavlova - Aug 18, 2015 by Laurel Snyder and Julie Morstad
- Anna - Sep 6, 1991 by Cynthia Harrod-Eagles
- Sleep Tight, Anna Banana! - Jun 17, 2014 by Dominique Roques and Alexis Dormal
- Anna Karenina: A BabyLit® Fashion Primer - Sep 1, 2013 by Jennifer Adams and Alison Oliver
- Anna & Elsa #6: The Arendelle Cup (Disney Frozen) (A Stepping Stone Book(TM)) - Sep 8, 2015 by Erica David and Francesco Legramandi
- Anna (Book 2, The Redemption Series) (Volume 2) - Mar 22, 2014 by S.J. West
Movies about ANna:
- Masterpiece Classic: Anna Karenina Season 12001 CC
- Anna Nicole2014 NR CC
- Anna Boleyn1921 NR CC
- Anna To The Infinite Power NR CC
- Anna Nicole Smith - Final 24: Her Final Hours2010 NR CC
- Fringe: Anna Torv & John Noble Live at the Paley Center2012 NR CC
- Anna Karenina2012 R CC
- Anna Magdalena (English Subtitled)1998 NR
- Anna and the King1999 PG-13 CC
- Anna2014 R CC
Famous about ANna:
- Anna Kournikova - tennis star
- Anna Mary Robertson Moses (“Grandma Moses”) - folk painter
- Anna Paquin - actress
- Anna Kendrick - actress
- Anna Quindlen - Pulitzer Prize winning journalist and author
Infamous about ANna:
- Anna Karenina - title character in the Russian novel Anna Karenina
- Anna Nicole Smith - model and actress
- Anna Ivanovna - former Empress of Russia from 1730 to 1740
Wiki information ANna:
- Anna of Russia
- Family member, Politician, Person, Monarch, Noble person, Deceased Person
Anna Ioannovna, also spelled Anna Ivanovna and sometimes anglicized as Anne, was regent of the duchy of Courland from 1711 until 1730 and then ruled as empress of Russia from 1730 to 1740.
- Anna University
- College/University, Organization, Educational Institution, Location, Employer, Educational Institution Campus, Information Source, Ranked list compiler
Anna University is a technical university in Tamil Nadu, India. The main university campus in located in Guindy, Chennai. It was named after former C. N. Annadurai, former Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu on 4 September 1978. It became an affiliating...
- Comic Book Character, Fictional Character, Video Game Character, Film character, Comic Book Series
Rogue is a fictional superhero appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics, commonly in association with the X-Men. She debuted in Avengers Annual #10 as a villain, but then soon after joined the X-Men. Rogue is part of a subspecies...
- All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam
- Employer, Organization member, Political party, Organization
All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam is a state political party in the states of Tamil Nadu and Puducherry, India. It is currently in power in Tamil Nadu and is the third largest party in the Lok Sabha. It is a Dravidian party and was founded by...
- Order of St. Anna
- Order of Chivalry
The Order of Saint Anna Russian: Орден Святой Анны was a Holstein ducal and then Russian imperial order of chivalry established by Karl Friedrich, Duke of Holstein-Gottorp, on 14 February 1735, in honour of his wife Anna Petrovna, daughter of Peter...
- Anna Politkovskaya
- Journalist, Topic, Person, Identity, Influence Node, Person or entity appearing in film, Author, Award Nominee, Deceased Person, Topic
Anna Stepanovna Politkovskaya was a Russian journalist, writer, and human rights activist known for her opposition to the Second Chechen War and President of Russia Vladimir Putin. Politkovskaya made her reputation reporting from Chechnya. Her...
- Anna Kournikova
- TV Actor, Ranked item, Tennis Player, Celebrity, Film actor, Product Endorser, Person, Name source, Tennis Tournament Champion, Olympic athlete
Anna Sergeyevna Kournikova is a Russian former professional tennis player. Her appearance and celebrity status made her one of the best known tennis stars worldwide. At the peak of her fame, fans looking for images of Kournikova made her name one of...
- Anna Jagiellon
- Noble person, Person, Deceased Person, Monarch
Anna Jagiellon was Queen of Poland and Grand Duchess of Lithuania in her own right from 1575 to 1586. She was a daughter of Polish King Sigismund I the Old and his Italian wife Bona Sforza. Despite multiple proposals, she remained unmarried until the...
- Anna Freud
- Psychologist, Deceased Person, Person, Academic, Family member, Influence Node, Award Winner, Author
Anna Freud was the 6th and last child of Sigmund Freud and Martha Bernays. She followed the path of her father and contributed to the field of psychoanalysis. Alongside Melanie Klein, she may be considered the founder of psychoanalytic child...
- Anna Kendrick
- Actor, Award Winner, Person, Composer, Film actor, Celebrity, TV program guest, , Influence Node, Musical Artist
Anna Kendrick is an American actress and singer. She began her career as a child actress, and played Dinah Lord in the 1998 Broadway musical High Society, for which she was nominated for the Tony Award for Best Featured Actress in a Musical. In 2009...