Meaning : Purity, Of Greek origin meaning 'lamb', 'pure' and 'holy'. Additionally, the Celtic interpretation of the name is someone with 'hunger'., Pure, Chaste,
Pronunciation : (AG-nis), AG nes, AG-nəs (English), AHK-nes (German), AHKH-nəs (Dutch), AHNG-nes (Swedish) ,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Agnes:
- Name Number: 1. Meaning: Individual, Masculine, Logic, Self, Active, Leadership, Initiative, Assertive
Additional information Agnes:
- Agnes is a feminine name of Greek origin which is said to come from a Greek word for ‘Purity’. It is also thought to perhaps originate from the Latin agnus which means ‘Lamb’, and the Christian Saint Agnes has the symbol of a lamb. It may have increased in popularity in Britain recently as model Agyness Deyn as risen to fame.
- Greek Meaning: The name Agnes is a Greek baby name. In Greek the meaning of the name Agnes is: Poor, poor, or chaste. St. Agnes was a 3rd century Christian martyr whose January 21st feast day is described in Keats' poem 'The Eve of St Agnes'. Agnes was popular until the Reformation, then revived in the 19th century.
- American Meaning: The name Agnes is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Agnes is: Poor, poor, or chaste. St. Agnes was a 3rd century Christian martyr whose January 21st feast day is described in Keats' poem 'The Eve of St Agnes'. Agnes was popular until the Reformation, then revived in the 19th century.
- Latinized form of the Greek name ‘Αγνη (Hagne), derived from Greek ‘αγνος (hagnos) meaning "chaste". Saint Agnes was a virgin martyred during the persecutions of the Roman emperor Diocletian. The name became associated with Latin agnus "lamb", resulting in the saint's frequent depiction with a lamb by her side. Due to her renown, the name became common in Christian Europe, being especially popular in England in the Middle Ages.
Definition funny of Agnes:
- Agnes, you're holy!
- that girl agnes is just too hot to handle
- Dude, Agnes is the shiznits!
- i think i fell in love with agnes omg Agnes is so beautiful! you're such an Agnes would you please to me the favor and marry me, Agnes you will live happily with Agnes you will never regret meeting her for one split second
- Look over there at that Agnes walking up the hill. 'Hey Agi, can you take me to the airport?' "Igen" I wonder what's up this hi.... oh, an Agnes Wow, Agnes.. she is so HAWTTT!!
- Guy: Damn, look at that Agnes. Girl: She isn't that great. Guy: Your just jealous that shes so pretty, isn't afraid to tell you what she thinks, and kicks serious ass. Girl: ... __________________________________________________ Guy: God, I'm so damn tired. Agnes: Here, let me carry your bag for you. Guy: Oh damn, thanks. _________________________________________________ Girl: Agnes your so ugly and think your better than everyone else! Agnes: ... Girl: Seriously, who do you think you are? I'm top dog here, not you. Agnes:...Who I am? I am FUCKING AGNES. YOU CALL ME UGLY ONE MORE TIME AND IMMA PUNT YOUR ASS TO CHINA YOU SON OF A BITCH. NOW GET YOUR TINY LITTLE ASS OUTTA HERE! Girl: Oh damn, I made her mad. ;;runs off;; Random Guy: YOU GO GURL.
- "That's so Agne."
Expression information Agnes:
- People with this name tend to initiate events, to be leaders rather than followers, with powerful personalities. They tend to be focused on specific goals, experience a wealth of creative new ideas, and have the ability to implement these ideas with efficiency and determination. They tend to be courageous and sometimes aggressive. As unique, creative individuals, they tend to resent authority, and are sometimes stubborn, proud, and impatient.
Soul information Agnes:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire for a stable, loving family or community, and a need to work with others and to be appreciated.
Songs about Agnes:
- Agnes - Donnie Iris
- I Got It From Agnes - Tom Lehrer
- I Got It From Agnes by Tom Lehrer from the Album The Rest Of Tom Lehrer
- Ol' Tin Pan Joe (feat. The St. Agnes Men's Chorus) by Stephanie Nilles & Zach Brock & the Magic Number from the Album ...takes a Big Ship [Explicit]
- Lovely Agnes by Sally Rogers & Claudia Schmidt from the Album Closing the Distance
- Bulletproof (by La Roux) vs. Release Me (by Agnes) by Outfit from the Album More From Pitch Perfect
- Agnes by Kate and Cj from the Album Get Home Early
- Jesu the Very Thought of Thee (St Agnes, Dykes) (Instrumental Version) by John Keys from the Album Ultimate Hymn Organ Accompaniments, Vol. 38
- Agnes Polka by Mike Enis and Company from the Album Waila!
- Everything I Do, I Do It For You (feat. Agnes Sowa - violin & Andre Sowa - piano) by Duo Amor from the Album Violin & Piano - Melodies of Love
Books about Agnes:
- Agnes: I'm Far Too Young To Look This Hot - Feb 1, 2004 by Tony Cochran
- Agnes Martin: Her Life and Art - Jun 16, 2015 by Nancy Princenthal
- Birds of a Feather (An Agnes Barton Senior Sleuth Mystery Book 9) - Sep 4, 2015 by Madison Johns
- Agnes - Jan 14, 2014 by Jaime Maddox
- Collection - Jan 7, 2014 by Agnes
- Agnes Martin - Jul 28, 2015 by Briony Fer and Tiffany Bell
- Trouble in Tawas, Cozy Mystery (Book 4) (An Agnes Barton Senior Sleuths Mystery) - Nov 5, 2013 by Madison Johns and Susan Coils
- Agnes Barton Paranormal Mysteries, (Box Set Books 1-3) - Dec 20, 2014 by Madison Johns
- Agnès Sorel: Mistress of Beauty - Oct 1, 2015 by HRH Princess Michael of Kent
- Agnes of God - Nov 2, 2010 by John Pielmeier
Movies about Agnes:
- Agnes Of God1985 PG-13 CC
- Eclipse Series 43: Agnès Varda in California2015 Unrated
- Agnes and His Brothers NR CC
- Agnes Varda: From Here To There2014 NR CC
- Agnes of God1985 PG-13
- Four by Agnes Varda2008 Unrated
- Agnes Browne1999 PG
- Agnes of God/Mary Reilly/The Messenger/Pact of Silence - 4-pack2006 R
- Balanchine - Jewels / Aurelie Dupont, Alessio Carbone, Marie-Agnes Gillot, Agnes Letestu, Jean-Guillaume Bart,...2000 NR
- Agnes2014 NR
Wiki information Agnes:
- Agnes of Rome
- Person, Art Subject, Deceased Person, Name source
Agnes of Rome is a virgin–martyr, venerated as a saint in the Roman Catholic Church, Eastern Orthodox Church, the Anglican Communion, and Lutheranism. She is one of seven women, who along with the Blessed Virgin, are commemorated by name in the Canon...
- Agnes Moorehead
- Radio personality, TV Actor, Identity, Award Nominee, Topic, Person, Theater Actor, Film actor, Award Winner, Influence Node
Agnes Robertson Moorehead was an American actress whose career of six decades included work in radio, stage, film, and television. She is chiefly known for her role as Endora on the television series Bewitched. She was also notable for her film roles...
- Agnes Monica
- Dance-pop Artist, Topic, Musical Artist, Award Winner, Blogger, Musician, TV Personality, Award Nominee, Person, TV Actor
Agnes Monica Muljoto, known by her stage name Agnez Mo, is an Indonesian singer and actress. Born in Jakarta, she started her career in the entertainment industry at the age of six as a child singer. She has recorded three children's albums. She also...
- St Agnes
- Statistical region, Dated location, City/Town/Village, Location, Administrative Division, English civil parish
St Agnes is a civil parish and a large village on the north coast of Cornwall, England, United Kingdom. The village is about five miles north of Redruth and ten miles southwest of Newquay. An electoral ward exists stretching as far south as...
- Agnès Varda
- Award Nominee, Film producer, Topic, Film crewmember, Person, Film music contributor, Influence Node, Lyricist, Film editor, Film writer
Agnès Varda is a French film director and professor at the European Graduate School. Her films, photographs, and art installations focus on documentary realism, feminist issues, and social commentary — with a distinct experimental style. Film...
- Agnes Carlsson
- Pop Artist, Award Nominee, Musical Artist, Featured artist, Topic, Musician, Person, TV Personality, Award Winner
Agnes Emilia Carlsson, known mononymously as Agnes, is a Swedish recording artist. She rose to fame as the winner of Idol 2005, the second season of the Swedish Idol series. She was then signed to Sony Music, through which she released her...
- Agnes Macphail
- Organization founder, Deceased Person, Person, Politician
Agnes Campbell Macphail was the first woman to be elected to the Canadian House of Commons, and one of the first two women elected to the Legislative Assembly of Ontario. Active throughout her life in progressive Canadian politics, Macphail worked...
- Hurricane Agnes
- Tropical Cyclone
Hurricane Agnes was, at the time, the costliest hurricane to hit the United States in recorded history. The second tropical cyclone and first named storm of the 1972 Atlantic hurricane season, Agnes developed on June 14 from the interaction of a...
- Agnes Obel
- Folk Artist, Record Producer, Composer, Person, Lyricist, Musician, Musical Artist,
Agnes Caroline Thaarup Obel is a Danish singer/songwriter. Her first album, Philharmonics, was released by PIAS Recordings on 4 October 2010 in Europe. Philharmonics was certified gold in June 2011 by the Belgian Entertainment Association for sales...
- Agnes of Bohemia
- Person, Noble person, Deceased Person
Agnes of Bohemia, O.S.C., also known as Agnes of Prague, was a medieval Bohemian princess who opted for a life of charity, mortification of the flesh and piety over a life of luxury and comfort. Although she was venerated soon after her death, Agnes...