Meaning : Of noble kind, Derived from Germanic origin meaning 'of a noble kind' popularised as a boys name by the singer Alice Cooper., Of a noble kin, Of A Noble Kin,
Pronunciation : AL-is (English), a-LEES (French), ah-LEE-che (Italian) , (AL-is), AL iss,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Alice:
- Name Number: 3. Meaning: Communication, Interaction, Friendship, Joy, Lightness, Humor, Art, Positivity, Optimism
Additional information Alice:
- Alice is a name with English origins. The meaning of the name Alice is Of a Noble Kin. Alternate forms of Alice include Alyce and Alicia. Common nicknames of the name Alice include Ali and Al. Famous Alices include at least two princesses: Princess Alice of Monaco and Princes Alice of the United Kingdom. Authors include Alice Hoffman, Alice Sebold, and Alice Walker. Alice Coooper is a male heavy metal rock musician. Actress Ali MacGraw’s real name is Elizabeth Alice. Alice Roosevelt was President Theodore Roosevelt’s wife and Alice B. Toklas was Gertrude Stein’s partner and compatriot. The most famous fictional character named Alice, and likely responsible for its popularity in the 19th and 20th centuries, is Alice from Lewis Carroll’s Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass. Other characters named Alice include Alice from Dilbert, Alice Hyatt from the eponymous television show Alice, and Alice Kramden from the Honeymooners. Alice Cullen is a character in the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer and Alice Longbottom is Neville’s mother in the Harry Potter series by JK Rowling. People who like the name Alice tend to like names that are traditional and of British descent.
- Alice was regarded as a distinct name in English during the medieval period. Alice enjoyed a surge of popularity in the 19th century and periods of favour ever since. It was the name of the central character of Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.
- Celtic Meaning: The name Alice is a Celtic baby name. In Celtic the meaning of the name Alice is: noble.
- American Meaning: The name Alice is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Alice is: noble.
- English Meaning: The name Alice is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Alice is: Of the nobility. From the German Adalheidis meaning nobility, and the French Adeliz which is a form of Adelaide. Used in Britian since the 12th century; Alice became very popular in 1865 when Lewis Carrol's Alice in Wonderland was published.
- French Meaning: The name Alice is a French baby name. In French the meaning of the name Alice is: Nobility. French form of the Old German 'Adalheidis', a compound of 'athal' (noble) and 'haida' (hood). Adelaide, the capital of South Australia, was named after Queen Adelaide, 19th century King William IV's consort.
- German Meaning: The name Alice is a German baby name. In German the meaning of the name Alice is: From the Old German Adalheidis meaning nobility. Also sweet.
- Shakespearean Meaning: The name Alice is a Shakespearean baby name. In Shakespearean the meaning of the name Alice is: King Henry V' Attendant to Katherine.
- Teutonic Meaning: The name Alice is a Teutonic baby name. In Teutonic the meaning of the name Alice is: Noble humor.
- From the Old French name Aalis, a short form of Adelais, itself a short form of the Germanic name Adalheidis (see ADELAIDE). This name became popular in France and England in the 12th century. It was borne by the heroine of Lewis Carroll's 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland' (1865) and 'Through the Looking Glass' (1871).
Definition funny of Alice:
- Alice is the type of girl who would continuously give you a high 5 even though you've both missed about 3 times and need the forth go to successfully clap each other's hands lol
- dude she thinks she is so hot but she s fugly wanna b shes an alice
- "Man I hit that bitch "Alice" last night and I was totally trippin.
- "whoa alice remembers me!"
- Dude, pass me some more fuckin' Alice!
- alice means using a sandwich bag for sex instead of a condom
- alice has a tiny willy in comparison to meaghan who is large.
Expression information Alice:
- People with this name tend to be creative and excellent at expressing themselves. They are drawn to the arts, and often enjoy life immensely. They are often the center of attention, and enjoy careers that put them in the limelight. They tend to become involved in many different activities, and are sometimes reckless with both their energies and with money.
Soul information Alice:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire for a stable, loving family or community, and a need to work with others and to be appreciated.
Songs about Alice:
Books about Alice:
- Alice - Aug 4, 2015 by Christina Henry
- What Alice Forgot - Apr 24, 2012 by Liane Moriarty
- Still Alice - Dec 2, 2014 by Lisa Genova
- Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass (Bantam Classics) - May 1, 1984 by Lewis Carroll
- Go Ask Alice - Jan 1, 2006 by Anonymous
- The Complete Alice - Sep 15, 2015 by Lewis Carroll and John Tenniel
- The White Rabbit Chronicles: Alice in Zombieland\Through the Zombie Glass\The Queen of Zombie Hearts - Aug 17, 2015 by Gena Showalter
- Alice's Adventures in Wonderland - Nov 28, 2014 by Lewis Carroll
- Starting Out with Alice (3rd Edition) - Oct 22, 2012 by Tony Gaddis
- Alice the Fairy - Oct 1, 2004 by David Shannon
Movies about Alice:
- Frankie & Alice2014 R CC
- Alice In Wonderland1951 G CC
- Alice in Wonderland (2010)2010 PG CC
- Alice's Adventures in Wonderland1972 G CC
- Still Alice2015 PG-13 CC
- Alice in Andrew's Land2011 NR CC
- Alice Through the Looking Glass1998 NR CC
- Alice's Adventures in Wonderland2006 NR CC
- Alice2010 NR CC
- ALICE IN WONDERLAND - Season I1983 CC
Wiki information Alice:
- Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
- Fantasy Book, Adapted Work, Video Game Subject, Translated Work, Written Work, Name source, Influence Node, Award-Winning Work, Published Work, Book
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland is an 1865 novel written by English author Charles Lutwidge Dodgson under the pseudonym Lewis Carroll. It tells of a girl named Alice falling through a rabbit hole into a fantasy world populated by peculiar,...
- Alice Cooper
- Hard rock Artist, Film music contributor, Film actor, Social network user, Author, Musical Artist, TV Personality, TV program guest, Lyricist, Broadcast Artist
Alice Cooper is an American singer, songwriter, musician and occasional actor whose career spans five decades. With a stage show that features guillotines, electric chairs, fake blood, boa constrictors, baby dolls, and dueling swords, Cooper is...
- Alice in Wonderland
- Fantasy Film, Award-Nominated Work, Topic, Netflix Title, Adaptation, Award-Winning Work, Film
Alice in Wonderland is a 2010 American fantasy film directed by Tim Burton and written by Linda Woolverton. Released by Walt Disney Pictures, the film stars Mia Wasikowska as Alice Kingsleigh with Johnny Depp, Anne Hathaway and Helena Bonham Carter....
- Name source, Fictional Character, Comic Book Character, Theater Character, Film character, Book Character
Alice is a fictional character from the 1903 film Alice in Wonderland.
- Alice in Wonderland
- Animation Film, Adaptation, Adapted Work, Topic, Netflix Title, Film, Award-Nominated Work
Alice in Wonderland is a 1951 American animated musical fantasy film produced by Walt Disney Productions and based on the Alice books by Lewis Carroll. The 13th of Disney's animated features, the film premiered in New York City and London on July 26,...
- Alice Springs
- Location, Newspaper circulation area, Governmental Jurisdiction, Administrative Division, City/Town/Village, Filming location, Statistical region, Fictional Setting, Australian local government area, Dated location
Alice Springs /ˌælɨs ˈsprɪŋz/ is the third largest town in the Northern Territory, Australia. Popularly known as "the Alice" or simply "Alice", Alice Springs is situated in the geographic centre of Australia. The site is known as Mparntwe to its...
- Electronic dance Artist, Musical Artist, Person, Musician, Composer, Lyricist, Featured artist
Alice, also known as Alice Visconti is an Italian singer-songwriter and pianist, active since 1971. Alice had her breakthrough after winning the Sanremo Music Festival with the song "Per Elisa" in 1981, followed by European hit singles like "Una...
- HUD County Place, Filming location, Statistical region, Location, Capital of administrative division, HUD Foreclosure Area, Newspaper circulation area, Dated location, City/Town/Village
Alice is a city in and the county seat of Jim Wells County, Texas, United States, in the South Texas region of the state. The population was 19,104 at the 2010 census. Alice was established in 1888. First it was called Bandana, then Kleberg and...
- Alice in Chains
- Alternative Artist, Person or entity appearing in film, , Topic, Broadcast Artist, Lyricist, Social network user, Record Producer, Award Nominee, Award Winner
Alice in Chains is an American rock band formed in Seattle, Washington, in 1987 by guitarist and songwriter Jerry Cantrell and original lead vocalist Layne Staley. The initial lineup was rounded out by drummer Sean Kinney and bassist Mike Starr, who...
- Alice Cooper
- Hard rock Artist, Award Nominee, Musical Artist, Featured artist, Musical Group, Film subject, Award Winner
Alice Cooper was an American rock band led by Vincent Furnier, who later changed his legal name to Alice Cooper. The band was famous for their elaborate, theatrical shock rock stage shows.