Meaning : Unknown, This name means ' highly praiseworthy' or 'priceless'., Of Unknown Meaning,
Pronunciation : AN ton ee; AN thon ee, AN-thə-nee, AN-tə-nee , (AENTHahNiy),
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Anthony:
- Name Number: 7. Meaning: Inner, Thought, Mind, Psychology, Secret, Mystic, Strange, Study, Knowledge, Loneliness, Rest
Additional information Anthony:
- An Old Roman name of uncertain origin. Famous bearers of this name include Anthony Hopkins (actor). A common shortening of this name is Tony.
- Greek Meaning: The name Anthony is a Greek baby name. In Greek the meaning of the name Anthony is: Priceless.
- American Meaning: The name Anthony is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Anthony is: Priceless.
- Basque Meaning: The name Anthony is a Basque baby name. In Basque the meaning of the name Anthony is: He adds or priceless.
- English Meaning: The name Anthony is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Anthony is: Highly praiseworthy. From a Roman clan name. In the 17th century, the spelling Anthony was associated with the Greek anthos meaning flower.
- Latin Meaning: The name Anthony is a Latin baby name. In Latin the meaning of the name Anthony is: Highly praiseworthy. Famous bearer: Mark Antony, Roman triumvir and general who shared a throne with Queen Cleopatra of Egypt.
- Shakespearean Meaning: The name Anthony is a Shakespearean baby name. In Shakespearean the meaning of the name Anthony is: King Henry the Eighth' Sir Anthony Denny.
- Funny story about this name: It’s only Anthony with an “h” because of a small issue in translation. In English, the name Antony (which stemmed from the Roman family name Antonius) was mistakenly associated with the Greek word that means “flower” (anthos), so the “h” was inserted around the seventeenth century, and Anthony became the norm. Ant(h)ony’s been popular for more than, oh, a millennium or so. Mark Antony (of Shakespeare’s tragedy Antony and Cleopatra), a first-century Roman ruler, was the first famous bearer. Hermit St. Anthony the Great (and founder of Christian Monasticism) brought the name into popularity in the third century, and St. Anthony of Padua helped its run continue into the Middle Ages. It’s been in or around the top 50 for the last century in the US and is currently at its highest ranking ever. Not into the nickname “Tony?” Try the common British nickname Ant.
- English form of the Roman family name Antonius, which is of unknown Etruscan origin. The most notable member of the Roman family was the general Marcus Antonius (called Mark Antony in English), who for a period in the 1st century BC ruled the Roman Empire jointly with Augustus. When their relationship turned sour, he and his mistress Cleopatra were attacked and forced to commit suicide, as related in Shakespeare's tragedy 'Antony and Cleopatra' (1606). The name became regularly used in the Christian world due to the fame of Saint Anthony the Great, a 4th-century Egyptian hermit who founded Christian monasticism. Its popularity was reinforced in the Middle Ages by the 13th-century Saint Anthony of Padua, the patron saint of Portugal. It has been commonly (but incorrectly) associated with Greek ανθος (anthos) "flower", which resulted in the addition of the h to this spelling in the 17th century.
Definition funny of Anthony:
- Bird: Holy Hell, That was just one Anthony experience! Dude: Oh i do my best ;)
- Anthony for men (a shaving cream)
- That boyy is such an Anthony!
- girl 1;dude did you see that anthony? hes so hott and so good at sports. hes also really popular i herd. girl 2; yeah i herd that to and he is, i think he has a gf tho. girl 1; i bet, shes so luckyy.
- "Sexy hunk of Anthony" "Anthony's sweet as icing sugar!" "Anthony: the go-to car guy" "Shut up and listen - ANTHONY's speaking" "You've been mind-freaked, by Anthony"
- Person#1: OMG did you see Anthony today? Person#2: Yeah! Was he punching his friend into a fence? Person#1: Nah, they do that all the time at the park, and film it for fun. Person#2: That's so funny. Person#1: Yeah, that's Anthony. ----- Person#1: You know, Anthony has a girlfriend named Megan? Person#2: Yeah! I hear she loves him to death. Person#1: Wow, I'm so jealous.
- ''Look at Anthony!'' ''I know! He's so cute!'
Expression information Anthony:
- People with this name are excellent at analyzing, understanding, and learning. They tend to be mystics, philosophers, scholars, and teachers. Because they live so much in the mind, they tend to be quiet and introspective, and are usually introverts. When presented with issues, they will see the larger picture. Their solitary thoughtfulness and analysis of people and world events may make them seem aloof, and sometimes even melancholy.
Soul information Anthony:
- People with this name have a deep inner need for quiet, and a desire to understand and analyze the world they live in, and to learn the deeper truths.
Songs about Anthony:
- Anthony's Song - Billy Joel
- Lord Anthony - Belle & Sebastian
- Friend Of Mine feat. Anthony Hamilton & Dave Hollister by DeWayne Woods feat. Anthony Hamilton & Dave Hollister from the Album Life Lessons
- Movin' Out (Anthony's Song) (Album Version) by Billy Joel from the Album Greatest Hits Volume I & Volume II
- I Want to Spend My Lifetime Loving You (Duet With Marc Anthony) by Tina Arena duet with Marc Anthony from the Album The Mask of Zorro - Music from the Motion Picture
- So In Love (Feat. Anthony Hamilton) by Jill Scott from the Album So In Love (Feat. Anthony Hamilton)
- Thugz Mansion (7 Remix) [feat. Anthony Hamilton] [Explicit] by 2Pac from the Album Better Dayz [Explicit]
- Say That (feat. Anthony Hamilton) by Leela James from the Album Fall for You
- Boasting (feat. Anthony Evens) by Lecrae from the Album Rehab
- The Point of It All (feat. Anthony Hamilton) by Empire Cast from the Album Empire: Music From 'Dangerous Bonds' [Explicit]
Books about Anthony:
- Kitchen Confidential Updated Edition: Adventures in the Culinary Underbelly (P.S.) - Jan 9, 2007 by Anthony Bourdain
- Big Anthony: His Story - Jun 25, 2001 by Tomie dePaola
- Love Anthony - Apr 2, 2013 by Lisa Genova
- About Grace: A Novel - Sep 27, 2005 by Anthony Doerr
- A Rulebook for Arguments (Hackett Student Handbooks) - Nov 14, 2008 by Anthony Weston
- All the Light We Cannot See - May 6, 2014 by Anthony Doerr
- Medical Medium: Secrets Behind Chronic and Mystery Illness and How to Finally Heal - Nov 10, 2015 by Anthony William
- Trigger Mortis: With Original Material by Ian Fleming (James Bond) - Sep 8, 2015 by Anthony Horowitz
- Outline for Murder: A Michael Bishop Mystery - Sep 21, 2015 by Anthony J. Pucci
- All The Light We Cannot See: A Novel By Anthony Doerr | Unofficial Summary & Analysis - Sep 13, 2015 by Razerfin Books and All The Light We Cannot See
Movies about Anthony:
- Anthony Bourdain A Cook's Tour Season 12013 CC
- The Journey - The Anthony Woods UFO Story2004 NR CC
- Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown Season 52015 CC
- 92Y - Anthony Bourdain and Eric Ripert (October 23, 2006)2011 NR CC
- Hollywood Collection: Anthony Quinn An Original2009 NR CC
- Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations Volume 12005 CC
- Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown Season 42014 CC
- Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations Volume 22006 CC
- Anthony Norris Groves: Forgotten Hero2006 NR CC
- Anthony Jeselnik: Caligula2014 R CC
Famous about Anthony:
- Anthony Hopkins - actor
- Anthony “Tony” Blair - former UK Prime Minister
- Anthony Bourdain - chef
- Antonio Salvatore Iadanza (“Tony Danza”) - actor
- Anthony “Tony” Hawk - skateboarder
Infamous about Anthony:
- Anthony “Tony” Soprano - character in The Sopranos
- Anthony “Fat Tony” D’Amico - character in The Simpsons
Wiki information Anthony:
- Anthony the Great
- Deceased Person, Name source, Person, Person Or Being In Fiction
Saint Anthony or Antony was a Christian monk from Egypt, revered since his death as a saint. He is distinguished from other saints named Anthony by various epithets: Anthony the Great, Anthony of Egypt, Anthony the Abbot, Anthony of the Desert,...
- Anthony of Padua
- Physician, Deceased Person, Name source, Person Or Being In Fiction, , Person, Lyricist
Saint Anthony of Padua, O.F.M., also known as Anthony of Lisbon, was a Portuguese Catholic priest and friar of the Franciscan Order. He was born and raised by a wealthy family in Lisbon and died in Padua, Italy. Noted by his contemporaries for his...
- Anthony Wayne
- Politician, Author, Person, Literature Subject, Military Commander, Military Person, Deceased Person, Identity, Name source, U.S. Congressperson
Anthony Wayne was a United States Army officer, statesman, and member of the United States House of Representatives. Wayne adopted a military career at the outset of the American Revolutionary War, where his military exploits and fiery personality...
- Death of Caylee Anthony
- Person, Event
Caylee Marie Anthony was a two-year-old American girl who lived in Orlando, Florida, with her mother, Casey Marie Anthony, and her maternal grandparents, George and Cindy Anthony. On July 15, 2008, she was reported missing in a 9-1-1 call made by...
- Anthony Eden
- Noble person, Family member, Deceased Person, Identity, Literature Subject, Person Or Being In Fiction, TV Personality, Politician, Chivalric Order Member, Person
Robert Anthony Eden, 1st Earl of Avon, KG, MC, PC was a British Conservative politician who served three periods as Foreign Secretary and then an abbreviated stint as Prime Minister of the United Kingdom from 1955 to 1957. Achieving rapid promotion...
- Carmelo Anthony
- Olympic Basketball Player, Athlete, Organization founder, Identity, Sports League Award Winner, Product Endorser, Topic, Film actor, Olympic athlete, Measured person
Carmelo Kyam Anthony is an American professional basketball player who currently plays for the New York Knicks of the National Basketball Association. Anthony attended Towson Catholic High School and Oak Hill Academy before playing college basketball...
- Marc Anthony
- Latin pop Artist, Topic, Person or entity appearing in film, Celebrity, Award Nominee, Award Winner, Film actor, TV Personality, , Person
Marco Antonio Muñiz, better known by his stage name Marc Anthony, is an American actor, singer, record producer, and television producer. Anthony is also the top selling tropical salsa artist of all time. The two-time Grammy and five-time Latin...
- Anthony Hopkins
- Actor, Film producer, Musical Artist, Award Nominee, Composer, Chivalric Order Member, TV program guest, Person, Public figure with medical condition, Film writer
Sir Philip Anthony Hopkins, CBE is a Welsh actor of film, stage, and television, and a composer and painter. After graduating from the Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama in 1957, he trained at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in London, and was...
- Award Nominee, Musician, Group, Person, Social network user, Influence Node, Musical Artist
Smosh is a web-based comedy duo consisting of Ian Andrew Hecox and Anthony Padilla. Padilla first began posting flash animations on Newgrounds in early 2003, under the name Smosh. He was later joined by his friend Ian Hecox. Soon afterward, they...
- Opie and Anthony
- Broadcast Content
Opie and Anthony is an American talk radio show that featured Gregg "Opie" Hughes and Anthony Cumia, until Cumia's firing in July 2014. Stand-up comedian Jim Norton also served as co-host. Following Cumia's firing, Hughes and Norton continued on with...