Meaning : Courageous, As a boy's name is of Old French and Old German origin, and the meaning of Archibald is "genuine, bold, brave"., Truly bold, Truly Bold,
Pronunciation : ARCH i bold, (ar-chi-bald), AHR-chə-bawld ,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Archibald:
- Name Number: 4. Meaning: Stability, Sameness, Regular, Rules, Condition, Responsibility, Routine, Frame, Detail, Order
Additional information Archibald:
- Archibald is Old German in origin, but made its way to Britain and is extremely popular in Scotland. It is said to mean ‘Courageous’. Archie is the more popular shortened version, which is often given as a name in its own right.
- Anglo-Saxon Meaning: The name Archibald is an Anglo-Saxon baby name. In Anglo-Saxon the meaning of the name Archibald is: Bold.
- American Meaning: The name Archibald is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Archibald is: Bold.
- English Meaning: The name Archibald is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Archibald is: True and bold, valuable. Introduced from German during the Norman Conquest, Archibald replaced an Old English form of the name in use since the 7th century.
- German Meaning: The name Archibald is a German baby name. In German the meaning of the name Archibald is: From the Old German Ercanbald meaning true and bold.
- Scottish Meaning: The name Archibald is a Scottish baby name. In Scottish the meaning of the name Archibald is: True and bold. Also 'bald'. Introduced from England and Germany during the Norman conquest, the Scottish interpreted the 'bald' to refer to the shaven head of a monk.
- Shakespearean Meaning: The name Archibald is a Shakespearean baby name. In Shakespearean the meaning of the name Archibald is: King Henry IV, Part 1' The Earl of Douglas.
- Teutonic Meaning: The name Archibald is a Teutonic baby name. In Teutonic the meaning of the name Archibald is: Holy prince.
- Derived from the Germanic elements ercan "genuine" and bald "bold". The first element was altered due to the influence of Greek names beginning with the element αρχος (archos) meaning "master". The Normans brought this name to England. It first became common in Scotland in the Middle Ages.
Definition funny of Archibald:
- Who the hell would want to be called Archibald!
- Hey sis, want to watch Black Swan and do the Archibald on my b-sack?
Expression information Archibald:
- People with this name tend to be orderly and dedicated to building their lives on a solid foundation of order and service. They value truth, justice, and discipline, and may be quick-tempered with those who do not. Their practical nature makes them good at managing and saving money, and at building things in the material world. Because of their focus on order and practicality, they may seem overly cautious and conservative at times.
Soul information Archibald:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire to inspire others in a higher cause, and to share their own strongly held views on spiritual matters.
Songs about Archibald:
- Vodka On the Weekend (Feat. Ilovemakonnen, Pyramid Quince, Rich Po Slim & Archibald Slim) [Explicit] by Awful Records from the Album Vodka On the Weekend (Feat. Ilovemakonnen, Pyramid Quince, Rich Po Slim & Archibald Slim)
- Comin Back (Feat. Pyramid Quince, Archibald Slim & Gahm) [Explicit] by Father from the Album Young Hot Ebony
- Ye Jacobites By Name/Sir Archibald MacDonald Of Keppoch by Ray Cooper from the Album Tales Of Love War & Death By Hanging
- Free Your Mind (feat. Stalin Majesty & Archibald Slim) [Explicit] by Ethereal from the Album Final Fantasy
- "Fanfare" (Archibald Peck Theme) by Kenny Pickett from the Album Chikara Themes
- Scene: Archibald's Library Earth by Mandy Patinkin;Daisy Eagan from the Album The Secret Garden (Original Broadway Cast Recording)
- Archibald MacDonald Of Keppoch by Alasdair Fraser from the Album Fire & Grace
- Archibald Macdonald of Keppoch (Air) by Shenanigan from the Album Mortal Daze
- Archibald Barasole by John Fox from the Album John Fox
- The Bonnie Lass of Headlake / Sir Archibald Dunbar / Angus Allan and Dan J's / Homeward Bound / Lively Steps /... by Natalie MacMaster from the Album Traditional Music from Cape Breton Island
Books about Archibald:
- Archibald's Next Big Thing - Oct 1, 2014 by Tony Hale and Tony Biaggne
- One Plus One Equals One: Symbiosis and the evolution of complex life - Aug 26, 2014 by John Archibald
- Archibald Motley: Jazz Age Modernist - Feb 10, 2014 by Richard J. Powell and Amy M. Mooney
- J.B.: A Play in Verse - Aug 1, 1989 by Archibald MacLeish
- The Anxiety Cure - Jun 9, 2001 by Archibald Hart
- Aristotle's Ladder, Darwin's Tree: The Evolution of Visual Metaphors for Biological Order - Aug 19, 2014 by J. David. Archibald
- Ask the Past: Pertinent and Impertinent Advice from Yesteryear - May 5, 2015 by Elizabeth P. Archibald
- Adrenaline and Stress: The Exciting New Breakthrough That Helps You Overcome Stress Damage - Jul 5, 1995 by Archibald Hart
- Safe Haven Marriage - Nov 10, 2003 by Archibald Hart and Sharon May
- Archibald G. Brown: Spurgeon's Successor - Oct 1, 2011 by Iain H. Murray
Movies about Archibald:
- Reading Rainbow:Archibald frisby1995 by LeVar Burton
- Coffret Luis Bunuel : Los olvidados / La vie criminelle d'archibald de la cruz1951
- La vie criminelle d'Archibald de la Cruz / El
- Luis Bunuel : los olvidados / La vie criminel d'archibald de la cruz / The Criminal Life of Archibaldo De La Cruz...
- Reading Rainbow Archibald Frisby Michael Chesworth
- Luis Bunuel : los olvidados / La vie criminel d'archibald de la cruz2001
Wiki information Archibald:
- Archibald Wavell, 1st Earl Wavell
- Name source, Person, Author, Chivalric Order Member, Military Commander, Deceased Person, Politician, Military Person
Field Marshal Archibald Percival Wavell, 1st Earl Wavell GCB GCSI GCIE KStJ CMG MC PC was a senior commander in the British Army. He served in the Second Boer War, the Bazar Valley Campaign and the Great War, during which he was wounded in the Second...
- Archibald Primrose, 5th Earl of Rosebery
- Award Winner, Person, Author, Chivalric Order Member, Politician, Animal owner, Noble person, Deceased Person
Archibald Philip Primrose, 5th Earl of Rosebery, 1st Earl of Midlothian, KG, PC was a British Liberal statesman and Prime Minister. Between the death of his father, in 1851, and the death of his grandfather, the 4th Earl, in 1868, he was known by the...
- Archibald MacLeish
- Poet, Deceased Person, Film actor, Person, Politician, Film writer, Film story contributor, Person or entity appearing in film, Topic, Award Winner
Archibald MacLeish was an American poet, writer, and the Librarian of Congress. He is associated with the Modernist school of poetry. He received three Pulitzer Prizes for his work.
- Nate Archibald
- Hall of fame inductee, Athlete, Person, Award Winner, Basketball Player, Sports League Award Winner, Drafted athlete, Measured person
Nathaniel "Tiny" Archibald is a retired American professional basketball player. He spent 14 years playing in the NBA, most notably with the Cincinnati Royals, Kansas City - Omaha Kings and Boston Celtics. In 1991 he was enshrined in the Naismith...
- Archibald Prize
- Award category
The Archibald Prize is regarded as the most important portraiture prize in Australia. It was first awarded in 1921 after the receipt of a bequest from J. F. Archibald, the editor of The Bulletin who died in 1919. It is administered by the trustees of...
- Constable & Robinson
- Business Operation, Organization, Publisher, Periodical Publisher, Employer
Constable & Robinson Ltd. is a leading independent publisher of fiction and non-fiction books and ebooks. Founded in Edinburgh in 1795 by Archibald Constable as Constable & Co., and by Nick Robinson as Robinson Publishing Ltd in 1983, it is probably...
- Nate Archibald
- Fictional Character, TV Character
Nathaniel Fitzwilliam "Nate" Archibald is a character in the best selling Gossip Girl book series. He is portrayed by Chace Crawford in the television series of the same name. In the novels, he is considered the primary male character, always being...
- Archibald Roosevelt
- Military Person, Deceased Person, Person, Family member
Archibald Bulloch "Archie" Roosevelt, the fifth child of U.S. President Theodore Roosevelt, was a distinguished U.S. Army officer and commander of U.S. forces in both World War I and II. In both conflicts he was wounded. He earned the Silver Star...
- Cary Grant
- Actor, Person or entity appearing in film, Identity, Deceased Person, Influence Node, Film actor, Ranked item, Musical Artist, Name source, TV subject
Cary Grant was an English stage and Hollywood film actor who became an American citizen in 1942. Known for his transatlantic accent, debonair demeanor, and "dashing good looks", Grant is considered one of classic Hollywood's definitive leading...
- Archibald Hill
- Physicist, Military Person, Author, Award Winner, Influence Node, Chivalric Order Member, Politician, Academic, Deceased Person, Person
Archibald Vivian Hill, CH, OBE, FRS, known as A. V. Hill, was an English physiologist, one of the founders of the diverse disciplines of biophysics and operations research. He shared the 1922 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine for his elucidation...