Meaning : Noble strength, This name contains the elements 'aethel' meaning 'noble' and 'thryth' meaning 'strength' ., Noble Strength,
Pronunciation : AWD-ree , (AODRiy), OR dree,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Audrey:
- Name Number: 2. Meaning: Partnership, Sense, Other, Passive, Assistance, Acceptance, Intimacy, Peace
Additional information Audrey:
- Audrey is a name of English origins. The meaning of Audrey is noble strength. The most common variation of Audrey is Aubrey. Other alternative spellings include Audry, Audri, and Audrie. Nicknames for Audrey include Addie, Audie, Drey, and Drea. Arguably the most famous Audrey is movie actress Audrey Hepburn; other actresses include Audrey Tatou and Audrew Meadows. Faith Hill’s first name is actually Audrey and Audrey Meaney is a British archaeologist. Audrey Malte was the illegitimate daughter of Henry VIII. Audrey Niffenegger wrote a very popular book, The Time Traveler’s Wife. Fictional Audreys include Audrey from Shakespeare’s As You Like It. There were two Audreys in the musical Little Shop of Horrors: one was the female love interest and the other was a man-eating plant. TV Audreys include Audrey Hanson (Heroes), Audrey Horne (Twin Peaks), and Audrey Raines (24). Little Audrey was the name of a cartoon character/comic book in the mid-century 1900s. People who like the name Audrey tend to like traditional names of British origin.
- Audrey is an Old English name most notably borne by actress Audrey Hepburn.
- Teutonic Meaning: The name Audrey is a Teutonic baby name. In Teutonic the meaning of the name Audrey is: Strong.
- American Meaning: The name Audrey is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Audrey is: Strong.
- Anglo-Saxon Meaning: The name Audrey is an Anglo-Saxon baby name. In Anglo-Saxon the meaning of the name Audrey is: Noble strength.
- English Meaning: The name Audrey is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Audrey is: From the Old English name Aethelthryth, meaning noble and strength. Famous bearer: St Etheldreda, later known as St Audrey, founded a monastery at Ely.
- Shakespearean Meaning: The name Audrey is a Shakespearean baby name. In Shakespearean the meaning of the name Audrey is: As You Like It' A country wench.
- drey started out in Old English as Aedhelprydh, which sounds -- let’s be honest here -- quite ugly, but at least has a nice meaning: “noble” (aedhel) and “strength” (prydh). After it transformed to Audrey, it had a nice run for a few centuries -- a sixth-century saint and princess who founded a monastery bore the name, and it was even used in Shakespeare’s As You Like It. Just a few decades later though, the name would become somewhat taboo. An annual fair held in her name sold modest lacy under-things, and as the years went by, the goods started to be considered cheap and poor quality -- especially by the Puritans. (Fun fact: This same fair was also where the word “tawdry” originated, which didn’t do much for the name’s dwindling popularity.) But Audrey rose again, peaking from 1910 to the 1930s and ironically falling just as Audrey Hepburn came into the spotlight. It’s been here to stay since the ’70s though, and in the last few years, it’s topped the charts alongside other grandma-names-turned-cool-again.
- Medieval diminutive of ÆÐELÞRYÐ. This was the name of a 7th-century saint, a princess of East Anglia who founded a monastery at Ely. It was also borne by a character in Shakespeare's comedy 'As You Like It' (1599). At the end of the Middle Ages the name became rare due to association with the word tawdry (which was derived from St. Audrey, the name of a fair where cheap lace was sold), but it was revived in the 19th century. A famous bearer was British actress Audrey Hepburn (1929-1993).
Definition funny of Audrey:
- The girls were in awe of Audrey.
- Audrey, will you be mine?
- Guy 1: "Dude I met this girl last night. She was incredible!! I can't get her out of my mind!" Guy 2: "She must have been an Audrey then!"
- Dude, that girl is so Audrey.
- Woh! shes perfect! her name must be audrey!
- That lady that just helped me is so Audrey, I love shopping here!
- "God, that girl is so cool" "Yeah her name is Audrey" "Of course, that is why she such a bad ass"
Expression information Audrey:
- People with this name tend to be idealistic, highly immaginative, intuitive, and spiritual. They seek after spiritual truth and often find it. They tend to be visionary and may inspire others. If they fail to develop their potential, they may become dreamers, or misuse power.
Soul information Audrey:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire to serve humanity and to give to others by sharing money, knowledge and experience, or creative and artistic ability.
Songs about Audrey:
- Audrey Hepburn In Pill Form - The Stiletto Formal
- Audrey's Eyes - Velocity Girl
- Audrey, Start the Revolution - Anberlin
- If I'm James Dean, You're Audrey Hepburn - Sleeping with Sirens
- If I'm James Dean, You're Audrey Hepburn by Sleeping With Sirens from the Album With Ears To See And Eyes To Hear
- I Will Carry You (Audrey's Song) by Selah from the Album You Deliver Me
- Scene One - James Dean & Audrey Hepburn by Sleeping With Sirens from the Album If you were a movie, this would be your soundtrack
- Winter Snow (Feat. Audrey Assad) by Chris Tomlin Featuring Audrey Assad from the Album Glory In The Highest: Christmas Songs Of Worship
- Moon River (Vocal Audrey Hepburn) by Henry Mancini from the Album Breakfast At Tiffany's (50th Anniversary Edition)
- Audrey's Dance (Instrumental) by Twin Peaks Soundtrack from the Album Soundtrack From Twin Peaks
Books about Audrey:
- Just Being Audrey - Jan 25, 2011 by Margaret Cardillo and Julia Denos
- Audrey at Home: Memories of My Mother's Kitchen - Jun 16, 2015 by Luca Dotti
- Audrey Bunny - Oct 1, 2013 by Angie Smith and Breezy Brookshire
- Finding Audrey - Jun 9, 2015 by Sophie Kinsella
- Audrey's Tree House - Apr 28, 2015 by Jenny Hughes and Jonathan Bentley
- Audrey (cow) - Nov 11, 2014 by Dan Bar-el
- How to be Lovely: The Audrey Hepburn Way of Life - Jun 3, 2004 by Melissa Hellstern
- Audrey: The 60s (Newmarket Shooting Script) - Nov 6, 2012 by David Wills
- Audrey - Mar 30, 2011 by Mary Johnston
- When Audrey Met Alice - Feb 4, 2014 by Rebecca Behrens
Movies about Audrey:
- Hollywood Collection: Audrey Hepburn: Remembered2008 NR CC
- Audrey Hepburn - In The Movies2012 NR CC
- Audrey Rose2008 PG CC
- The Audrey Hepburn DVD Collection2013 NR
- Audrey2014 NR CC
- Funny Face1957 Unrated
- Gardens of the World with Audrey Hepburn1993 NR
- Audrey Hepburn Collection2012
- Audrey Hepburn: In Her Own Words (Home Use)2009 NR
- Dead of Winter / Audrey Rose - Thriller Double Feature1977 R
Famous about Audrey:
- Audrey Hepburn - actress
- Audrey Tautou - actress
- Audrey Meadows - actress
- Audrey Landers - actress
- Audrey Faith Perry (“Faith Hill”) - singer
Wiki information Audrey:
- Audrey Hepburn
- Actor, Person Or Being In Fiction, Film subject, Ranked item, TV Personality, Exhibition subject, Featured artist, Award Nominee, Person or entity appearing in film, Celebrity
Audrey Hepburn was a British actress and humanitarian. Recognised as a film and fashion icon, Hepburn was active during Hollywood's Golden Age. She was ranked by the American Film Institute as the third greatest female screen legend in the history of...
- Audrey Tautou
- Actor, Topic, Film actor, Award Nominee, Identity, Influence Node, Award Winner, Person, TV Actor, TV program guest
Audrey Justine Tautou is a French actress and model. Signed by an agent at age 17, she made her acting debut at 18 on television and her feature film debut the following year in Venus Beauty Institute, for which she received critical acclaim and won...
- Audrey Bitoni
- Pornographic actor, Person, Film actor, Award Nominee, Topic, Measured person, Award Winner
- Audrey Fleurot
- Actor, Person, Topic, Film actor, TV Actor
Audrey Fleurot is a French film actress. She is best known for playing Joséphine Karlsson in Spiral and Hortense Larcher Un village français. In 2011, she played in the international hit, The Intouchables.
- Audrey Meadows
- Actor, Deceased Person, Award Nominee, Film actor, Influence Node, Person, Award Winner, Topic, Theater Actor, TV Actor
Audrey Meadows was an American actress best known for her role as the deadpan housewife Alice Kramden on the 1950s American television comedy The Honeymooners.
- Audrey Landers
- Actor, Film actor, Topic, TV Actor, Film director, Person, Musical Artist, Musician, TV Program Creator, Influence Node
Audrey Landers is an American actress and singer, best known for her role as Afton Cooper in the television drama series Dallas and her role as Val Clarke in the film version of A Chorus Line.
- Name source, Deceased Person, Person
Æthelthryth is the name for the Anglo-Saxon saint known, particularly in a religious context, as Etheldreda or Audrey. She was an East Anglian princess, a Fenland and Northumbrian queen and Abbess of Ely.
- Audrey Totter
- Actor, Film actor, Deceased Person, Topic, TV Actor, Person, Influence Node
Audrey Mary Totter was an American actress and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer contract player.
- Audrey Niffenegger
- Writer, Award Nominee, Person, Influence Node, Film story contributor, Author, Award Winner
Audrey Niffenegger is an American writer, artist and academic.
- Audrey Lamy
- Actor, Film actor, Topic, Award Nominee, Person
Audrey Lamy is a French actress. She is the sister of the actress Alexandra Lamy.