Meaning : Meaning 'exalted one', this can also be a pet form of the name Briget ., Exalted, Lofty, Exalted, lofty, Powerful and Virtuous,
Pronunciation : BRI dee, (BRIHDiy),
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Bridie:
- Name Number: 2. Meaning: Partnership, Sense, Other, Passive, Assistance, Acceptance, Intimacy, Peace
Additional information Bridie:
- Bridie is a pet form of the feminine name Brighid which is of Gaelic origin. The Gaelic Brighid gave way to several feminine names such as Bridget and Bride, all of which share the same meaning. All of the names come from the Gaelic noun ‘brigh’ which means ‘powerful and virtuous’. The names are popular in Ireland because of the Saint Bridgid of Kildare who is so loved that she is thought of as the Gaelic equivalent of the Virgin Mary.
- Celtic Meaning: The name Bridie is a Celtic baby name. In Celtic the meaning of the name Bridie is: ACeltic Bridget, meaning strong. Although Bride was once a common name in England and Scotland, it is rarely seen today.
- Irish Meaning: The name Bridie is an Irish baby name. In Irish the meaning of the name Bridie is: Derived from the Irish name Brighid, meaning 'the high one' or 'strength.' Brighid was a mythological Celtic goddess of fire and poetry. This name has been used regularly in the British Isles since the 17th century.'Strength.
- Anglicized diminutive of BRÍD
Definition funny of Bridie:
- she drives me crazy, shes such an Bridie.
- guy1 - is that bridie guy2 - it has to be shes so god dam beautiful
- Theres some amount of Bridies on the town tonight Theres some fine looking Bridies in here tonight lads
- John: wow sarah, last night you were such a Bridie
- "Ehl hae a plein bridie and a ingin ane in aw."
- You made this yourself? What a Bridie thing to do!
- wow, that person likes singing in the rain, she must be a bridey
Expression information Bridie:
- People with this name tend to be idealistic, highly immaginative, intuitive, and spiritual. They seek after spiritual truth and often find it. They tend to be visionary and may inspire others. If they fail to develop their potential, they may become dreamers, or misuse power.
Soul information Bridie:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire for travel and adventure, and want to set their own pace in life without being governed by tradition.
Songs about Bridie:
- Funky Ceili (Bridie's Song) by Black 47 from the Album Fire of Freedom
- Linda's Favorite/Bridie Flynn/Glen Allen by Celtic Thunder from the Album The Light Of Other Days
- Funky Ceili (Bridie's Song) by Black 47 from the Album A Funky Ceili
- Come Home Johnny Bridie by Bee Gees from the Album Life In A Tin Can
- The Ballad of Bridie Magee by APM Celtic Players from the Album Rakes of Kildair: Irish Jigs & Dances for St. Patrick's Day
- Bridie And The Pole by The Máirtín de Cógáin Project from the Album From Cork with Love
- Bridie Morley / Duignan's Favourite by Packie Duignan & Seamus Horan from the Album Irish Traditional Music
- Bridie Morley / Duignan's Favourite (reels) by Packie Duigan, Seamus Horan from the Album Music from County Leitrim
- Bridie Morley's Reels by Edward Meehan from the Album From Galway to Dublin: Early Recordings of Irish Traditional Music
- Bridie Morley's Reels by Edward Meehan from the Album The Banks of Newfoundland
Books about Bridie:
- Miss Bridie Chose a Shovel - May 25, 2004 by Leslie Connor and Mary Azarian
- The Overnight Socialite: A Novel - Nov 9, 2010 by Bridie Clark
- Bridie and Finn - Apr 1994 by Harry Cauley
- Bridie's Boy - Aug 14, 2014 by Sean Brennan
- Chinese Medicine and Healing: An Illustrated History - Jan 7, 2013 by TJ Hinrichs and Linda L. Barnes
- Bridie (East End Trilogy) - Jan 1, 1998 by Christine Thomas
- Bridie's Choice - Feb 1, 2013 by Karly Lane
- Bridie's Daughter: The Second Story in the Orphan Train Trilogy - Aug 21, 2007 by Robert Noonan
- BRIDIE OF THE WILD ROSE INN, 1695 (Wild Rose Inn, No 1) - Jan 1, 1994 by Jennifer Armstrong
- BRIDIE FLANAGAN - Jul 20, 2012 by PATSY ARCHIBALD
Movies about Bridie:
- Bridie Gallagher - 30 Of Her Greatest Hits NR
- Miss Bridie Chose A Shovel
Wiki information Bridie:
- Scottish Dish, Food, Dish
A bridie or Forfar bridie is a Scottish meat pastry that originates from Forfar, Scotland.
- Bridie Carter
- Actor, Award Nominee, Topic, Film actor, TV Actor, Person, Competitor, Influence Node
Bridie Carter is an Australian actress best known for her role as the main character of Tess Silverman McLeod on the television drama series McLeod's Daughters.
- David Bridie
- Award Winner, Musical Artist, Person, , Topic, Composer, Musician, Film music contributor, Award Nominee
David Bridie is a musician from Melbourne, Australia. Bridie first rose to prominence as a member of Not Drowning, Waving, which he started in the early 1980s with guitarist John Phillips. They released four albums on Australian independent labels to...
- Bridie Gallagher
- Singer, Deceased Person, Musician, Person, Musical Artist
Bridget "Bridie" Gallagher was an Irish singer, affectionately known as "The Girl from Donegal". Widely regarded as "Ireland's first international pop star". Gallagher shot to fame in 1956 with her recording of "A Mother's Love's A Blessing" and...
- James Bridie
- Dramatist, Deceased Person, Film story contributor, Person, Author, Film writer
James Bridie was the pseudonym of a Scottish playwright, screenwriter and surgeon whose real name was Osborne Henry Mavor. He took his pen-name from his paternal grandfather's first name and his grandmother's maiden name. Mavor studied medicine at...
- Bridie Kean
- Athlete, Person, Measured person
Bridie Kean is an Australian wheelchair basketball player. She won a bronze medal at the 2008 Summer Paralympics in Beijing and a silver medal at the 2012 Summer Paralympics in London.
- Bridie McGarry
- Person, Measured person, Athlete
Bridie Martin-McGarry from Kilkenny is a former camogie player selected on the camogie team of the century in 2004, and winner of nine All Ireland medals.
- Bridie O'Donnell
Bridie O'Donnell is a former road cyclist from Australia. She represented her nation at the 2008, 2009 and 2010 UCI Road World Championships. O'Donnell was an orthopaedic surgeon before taking up cycling, and returned to practice after.
- Bridie Jackson & The Arbour
- Acoustic Artist, Webpage, Musical Artist, Musical Group
Bridie Jackson and The Arbour are a four piece contemporary folk/acoustic band based in Newcastle upon Tyne, UK. Their debut album, Bitter Lullabies was released in January 2012 to a sold out album launch at The Sage Gateshead. They partnered with...
- James Bridie
- Athlete, Person, Measured person, Deceased Person
James Bridie was a Scottish-born rugby union scrum-half who played club rugby union for Cardiff and Newport, international Wales and county rugby for Monmouthshire.