Meaning : A variation of the English Charles meaning 'free man'. A name first used as Karl in Germany, Carolus in France and Ceorl in Britain., Free,
Pronunciation : (CSHAR-lot), SHAR lot, shar-LOT (French), SHAHR-lət (English), shahr-LAW-tə (German), shahr-LAWT-tə (Dutch) ,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Charlotte:
- Name Number: 3. Meaning: Communication, Interaction, Friendship, Joy, Lightness, Humor, Art, Positivity, Optimism
Additional information Charlotte:
- Charlotte is a name with both English and French origins. The meaning of the name Charlotte is free. It is the feminine form of Charles, with which it shares the nicknames Charlie/Charley. Other common nicknames include Lottie, Lotta, and Char. A common variation is Carlotta, the Italian form of Charlotte. Charlotte is a very popular name in the United States, ranking #13 in the US in 2013 per the Social Security Administration. In Australia, Charlotte was the #1 baby name in 2012. Charlotte ranks #1 on WikiName.net's most popular names of 2014. Famous Charlottes include several women of royalty, such as Charlotte Princess of Monaco, Charlotte of Savoy, and Charlotte of Cypress. Other famous women include authors (Charlotte Bronte), actresses (Charlotte Rae, Charlotte Rampling), singers (Charlotte Church), and fashion designers (Charlotte Ronson). Charlotte is also a popular name in fiction, including the spider in Charlotte's Web (E.B. White), Charlotte Palmer and Charlotte Lucas in Jane Austen's Sense and Sensibility and Pride and Prejudice respectively, Charlotte Grayson from T.V.'s Revenge, and Charlotte "Lottie" La Bouff in the Disney animated film, The Princess and the Frog. People who prefer the name Charlotte tend to have more traditional names of European origin on their name lists.
- French feminine diminutive of Charles, used in England since the 17th century. Particularly popular in the 18th and 19th centuries due to Queen Charlotte's influence in tandem with that of novelist Charlotte Bronte. Has risen in popularity since 1980s, particularly in the UK and Australia. Also seen in children's book Charlotte's Web, borne by Charlotte Church (singer) and used as name for a US city.
- English Meaning: The name Charlotte is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Charlotte is: Feminine manly.
- American Meaning: The name Charlotte is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Charlotte is: Feminine manly.
- French Meaning: The name Charlotte is a French baby name. In French the meaning of the name Charlotte is: A feminine form of Charles, meaning man or manly. Alternate meaning, tiny and feminine.
- Look for this to be one of the big names in the coming decade or two. Charlotte is feminine without being frilly, sophisticated without being snobby, has the antique vibe that’s so popular these days and a really cute nickname is Lottie. It was in the top 100 from ’08 to ’52, and after dipping for a few decades, just cracked the top 100 once again. It’s jumped 221 spots in the last decade, and we don’t expect the growth to stop anytime soon.
- French feminine diminutive of CHARLES. It was introduced to Britain in the 17th century. A notable bearer was Charlotte Bronte (1816-1855), the eldest of the three Bronte sisters and the author of 'Jane Eyre' and 'Villette'.
Definition funny of Charlotte:
- Guy 1: Yo, man, that girl is a Charlotte. Guy 2: Damn, your right, I wish she would notice me.
- ur a charlotte
- 'did you see that girl she's a real charlotte' 'that top quality charlotte right there' 'i wanna get myself a charlotte' 'my gf is a real charlotte'
- Charlotte is honestly by far my favourite person in the world.
- Man 1 : She's so smart and beautiful , she's perfect. Man 2 : Offcourse , she's Charlotte.
- Man, I just love Charlotte because she's all-around great.
- I went to Charlotte last weekend...there was a bank on every corner.
Expression information Charlotte:
- People with this name tend to be creative and excellent at expressing themselves. They are drawn to the arts, and often enjoy life immensely. They are often the center of attention, and enjoy careers that put them in the limelight. They tend to become involved in many different activities, and are sometimes reckless with both their energies and with money.
Soul information Charlotte:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire to create and express themselves, often in public speaking, acting, writing or singing. They also yearn to have beauty around them in their home and work environment.
Songs about Charlotte:
- Charlotte Anne - Julian Cope
- Charlotte Sometimes - The Cure
- Charlotte Street - Lloyd Cole & The Commotions
- Frozen Charlotte - Natalie Merchant
- Game On (feat. Good Charlotte) [from "Pixels - The Movie"] by Waka Flocka Flame from the Album Game On (feat. Good Charlotte) [from "Pixels - The Movie"]
- Recognition (Charlotte) by WWE & CFO$ from the Album Recognition (Charlotte)
- Hush, Hush, Sweet Charlotte by Patti Page from the Album Hush, Hush Sweet Charlotte
- The Prayer (With Charlotte Church) by Josh Groban from the Album Josh Groban (U.S. Version)
- Charlotte's Song by Stuart Hamm from the Album Outbound
- Charlotte Sometimes [Single Version] by The Cure from the Album Faith (Deluxe Edition)
Books about Charlotte:
- Charlotte's Web (Trophy Newbery) - Apr 10, 2012 by E. B. White and Garth Williams
- Brave Charlotte (New York Times Best Illustrated Children's Books (Awards)) - Sep 15, 2005 by Anu Stohner and Henrike Wilson
- CHARLOTTE Makes Words!: A personalized world of words based on the letters in the name CHARLOTTE, with humorous... - Mar 23, 2014 by Paula Hollins
- Charlotte - Apr 25, 1998 by Janet Lunn and Brian Deines
- The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle - Sep 1, 2012 by Avi
- Young Charlotte, Filmmaker - Sep 15, 2015 by Frank Viva
- Charlotte - Prix Renaudot 2014 (French Edition) - Aug 21, 2014 by David Foenkinos and Galliamrd
- Charlotte in Paris - Sep 1, 2003 by Joan MacPhail Knight and Melissa Sweet
- Charlotte Jane Battles Bedtime - Sep 6, 2011 by Myra Wolfe and Maria Monescillo
- Charlotte and The White Horse - Dec 4, 2001 by Ruth Krauss and Maurice Sendak
Movies about Charlotte:
- Charlotte's Web (1973)1973 G CC
- Charlotte's Web (2006)2006 G CC
- Hush...Hush, Sweet Charlotte1964 NR CC
- Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre1997 NR CC
- Charlotte Gray2001 PG-13 CC
- Charlotte Rampling: The Look2012 NR CC
- Charlotte's Web2013 G
- Charlotte's Web 22003 G CC
- Charlotte Holmes (Spanish Language, No Subtitles)2007 NR
- Charlotte's Web2013 G
Famous about Charlotte:
- Charlotte Ronson - designer
- Charlotte Church - singer
- Charlotte York - character in Sex and the City
- Charlotte Bronte - author
- Charlotte - title character in Charlotte’s Web
Infamous about Charlotte:
- Charlotte Devane - character in All My Children
Wiki information Charlotte:
- Cyclone-affected area, HUD Foreclosure Area, Place with neighborhoods, Dated location, Statistical region, Travel destination, Capital of administrative division, Organization scope, HUD County Place, Governmental Jurisdiction
Charlotte /ˈʃɑrlət/ is the largest city in the U.S. state of North Carolina, the seat of Mecklenburg County, the second largest city in the Southeastern United States, just behind Jacksonville, Florida, and the third fastest-growing major city in the...
- Charlotte Douglas International Airport
- Namesake, Location, Airport
Charlotte Douglas International Airport is a joint civil-military public international airport located in Charlotte, North Carolina, United States. Established in 1935 as Charlotte Municipal Airport, in 1954 the airport was renamed Douglas Municipal...
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- Endowed Organization, Academic institution, College/University, Ranked item, Employer, Location, Business Operation, Organization, Educational Institution
The University of North Carolina at Charlotte, also known as UNC Charlotte, UNCC, or Charlotte, is a public research university located in Charlotte, North Carolina, United States. UNC Charlotte offers 21 doctoral, 64 master's, and 90 bachelor's...
- Charlotte Hornets
- Basketball Team, TV Actor, Professional Sports Team, TV subject, Identity, Sports Team
The Charlotte Hornets are an American professional basketball team based in Charlotte, North Carolina, that competes in the National Basketball Association. They are members of the Southeast Division in the league's Eastern Conference. The team is...
- Charlotte of Mecklenburg-Strelitz
- Deceased Person, Noble person, Name source, Person
Charlotte of Mecklenburg-Strelitz was the wife of King George III. She was Queen of Great Britain and Ireland from her marriage in 1761 until the union of the two kingdoms in 1801, after which she was Queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and...
- Charlotte Amalie
- Dated location, Location, City/Town/Village, Statistical region
Charlotte Amalie, located on St. Thomas, is the capital and largest city of the U.S. Virgin Islands, founded in 1666 as Taphus. In 1691, the town was renamed to Amalienborg after Charlotte Amalie of Hesse-Kassel, queen consort to King Christian V of...
- Charlotte 49ers men's basketball
- School sports team, Sports Team, Basketball Team
The Charlotte 49ers men's basketball team represents the University of North Carolina at Charlotte in NCAA Division I basketball. The 49ers are a member of Conference USA, which they were a charter member of. Charlotte returned to C-USA in 2013 after...
- The Charlotte Observer
- Award-Nominated Work, Newspaper, Periodical, Award-Winning Work
The Charlotte Observer is a newspaper serving Charlotte, North Carolina and its metro area. It has the largest circulation in North Carolina and South Carolina. It is owned by The McClatchy Company.
- Charlotte metropolitan area
- Place with neighborhoods, Statistical region, Location
The Charlotte metropolitan area is a metropolitan area/region of North and South Carolina within and surrounding the city of Charlotte. Located in the Piedmont of the Southeastern United States, the Charlotte metropolitan area is well known for its...
A charlotte is a type of dessert or trifle that can be served hot or cold. It can also be known as an "ice-box cake". Bread, sponge cake or biscuits/cookies are used to line a mold, which is then filled with a fruit puree or custard. It can also be...