Meaning : Day's eye, Daisy Flower, Derived from the name of the flower Daisy, meaning 'Day's eye' because of the unfolding of the petals in the day and the folding of the petals at night.,
Pronunciation : DAY zee, (DAYsee), DAY-zee ,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Daisy:
- Name Number: 4. Meaning: Stability, Sameness, Regular, Rules, Condition, Responsibility, Routine, Frame, Detail, Order
Additional information Daisy:
- From the word denoting the flower. Derived from 'day's eye' because the flower uncovers a yellow centre during the day, which is then covered by petals come dusk. Taken up at the end of the 19th century, it participated in the rise in popularity of flower names at this time. Daisy is the name of the Disney character created as a girlfriend to Donald Duck.
- Anglo-Saxon Meaning: The name Daisy is an Anglo-Saxon baby name. In Anglo-Saxon the meaning of the name Daisy is: The day's eye.
- American Meaning: The name Daisy is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Daisy is: The day's eye.
- English Meaning: The name Daisy is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Daisy is: Day's eye, from the old English. Also a flower name. Also a translation of the French Marguerite, and used as a pet form of Margaret. The use of Daisy in the chorus of the song A bicycle built for two made the name Daisy famous.
- Simply from the English word for the white flower, ultimately derived from Old English dægeseage meaning "day eye". It was first used as a given name in the 19th century, at the same time many other plant and flower names were coined.
Definition funny of Daisy:
- korn sweet obsessive
- shes a daisy lads... a daisy
- "Dude. Who's that chick down the hallway?" "Thats Daisy. You can see her from a mile away, but be careful not to piss her off!"
- "Now ain't that a daisy!" Val Kilmer as Doc Holliday - Tombstone
- Daisy, you're amazing.
- Guy 1: "She's such a slut." Guy 2: "Nah, she's just a Daisy."
- ex:have a problem ask Daisy
Expression information Daisy:
- People with this name tend to be a powerful force to all whose lives they touch. They are capable, charismatic leaders who often undertake large endeavors with great success. They value truth, justice, and discipline, and may be quick-tempered with those who do not. If they fail to develop their potential, they may become impractical and rigid.
Soul information Daisy:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire to use their abilities in leadership, and to have personal independence. They would rather focus on large, important issues, and delegate the details.
Songs about Daisy:
- Daisy - Stone Temple Pilots
- Daisy and Prudence - Erin McKeown
- Daisy Duke - Rooney
- Daisy Jane - America
- Electric Daisy Violin by Lindsey Stirling from the Album Lindsey Stirling
- Daisy Jane by America from the Album America's Greatest Hits - History
- Catchafire (Whoopsi-Daisy) by TobyMac from the Album Welcome to Diverse City
- White Daisy Passing by Rocky Votolato from the Album Makers
- Push Th' Little Daisies by Ween from the Album Pure Guava [Explicit]
- Crazy Daisy by King Wilkie from the Album Low Country Suite
Books about Daisy:
- Daisy (Brides of the Rockies Book 3) - Apr 18, 2015 by Carré White
- Bewitched - Sep 27, 2015 by Daisy Prescott
- Daisy (Suitors of Seattle Book 4) - Dec 12, 2013 by Kirsten Osbourne
- The Daisy - Sep 10, 2015 by Angell Marcella Davis
- Daisy Dawson Is on Her Way! - Mar 24, 2009 by Steve Voake and Jessica Meserve
- Daisy's War - Jul 28, 2012 by Shayne Parkinson
- Daisy McDare Three Book Set (Cozy Mystery) - Dec 21, 2014 by K.M. Morgan
- Daisy McDare Cozy Mystery Anthology - Dec 22, 2014 by K.M. Morgan
- Daisy McDare And The Deadly Secret Affair (Daisy McDare Cozy Creek Mystery Book 7) - Aug 9, 2015 by K.M. Morgan
- A Ball for Daisy (Caldecott Medal - Winner Title(s)) - May 10, 2011 by Chris Raschka
Movies about Daisy:
- Pushing Daisies Season 12007 CC
- Driving Miss Daisy1989 PG CC
- Daisy2001 NR
- Please Don't Eat the Daisies1960 NR CC
- Pushing Daisies: The Complete Second Season2008 CC
- Pushing Daisies: Cast & Creators Live at the Paley Center2010 NR CC
- An Alligator Named Daisy NR CC
- Driving Miss Daisy2003 PG
- The Daisy Chain2010 R CC
- Inside Daisy Clover1966 NR CC
Wiki information Daisy:
- Organism Classification
The Asteraceae or Compositae are an exceedingly large and widespread family of flowering plants. The family has more than 23,600 currently accepted species, spread across 1,620 genera and 13 subfamilies. In terms of numbers of species, the Asteraceae...
- Common daisy
- Biological Species, Ethnicity in fiction, Drug ingredient, Organism Classification
Bellis perennis is a common European species of daisy, of the Asteraceae family, often considered the archetypal species of that name. Many related plants also share the name "daisy", so to distinguish this species from other daisies it is sometimes...
"Daisy", sometimes known as "Daisy Girl" or "Peace, Little Girl", was a controversial political advertisement aired on television during the 1964 United States presidential election by incumbent president Lyndon B. Johnson's campaign. Though only...
- Daisy Johnson
- Comic Book Character, Fictional Character
Daisy Louise Johnson, also known as Quake and Skye, is a fictional superhero appearing in comic books published by Marvel Comics. Created by writer Brian Michael Bendis and artist Gabriele Dell'Otto, the character first appeared in Secret War #2. The...
- Daisy chain
In electrical and electronic engineering a daisy chain is a wiring scheme in which multiple devices are wired together in sequence or in a ring. Other than a full, single loop, systems which contain internal loops cannot be called daisy chains. Daisy...
- Oxeye daisy
- Biological Species, Food, Organism Classification
Leucanthemum vulgare, the ox-eye daisy or oxeye daisy, is a widespread flowering plant native to Europe and the temperate regions of Asia and an introduced plant to North America, Australia and New Zealand. It is one of a number of family Asteraceae...
- Democracy is Freedom – The Daisy
- Political party, Organization, Employer
Democracy is Freedom – The Daisy, commonly known simply as The Daisy, was a centrist political party in Italy. The party was formed from the merger of three parties: the Italian People's Party, The Democrats and Italian Renewal. The party president...
- Daisy Siete
- TV Drama, TV Program
Daisy Siete was a long-running daily afternoon drama series top billed by the SexBomb Girls, an all-girl singing dance group in the Philippines. It premiered September 1, 2003 and unofficially ended on July 2, 2010. The title a wordplay for daisy and...
- Electric Daisy Carnival
- Music Festival, Recurring event
Electric Daisy Carnival is an electronic dance music festival hosted by the company Insomniac Events, which first produced EDC in 1997 in Los Angeles. It has since spread to various venues across the United States as well as abroad, including Mexico...
- Location, Dated location, HUD County Place, Statistical region, HUD Foreclosure Area, City/Town/Village
Daisy is a town in Pike County, Arkansas, United States. Its population is 118 as of the 2000 census. Daisy is also the home of Daisy State Park.