Meaning : Place Name in Ireland, Derived from Celtic origin meaning 'from south Munster' it Is chiefly used in English and Irish., Place Name In Ireland,
Pronunciation : (DES-mond), DEZ-mənd ,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Desmond:
- Name Number: 2. Meaning: Partnership, Sense, Other, Passive, Assistance, Acceptance, Intimacy, Peace
Additional information Desmond:
- Anglo-Saxon Meaning: The name Desmond is an Anglo-Saxon baby name. In Anglo-Saxon the meaning of the name Desmond is: Gracious defender.
- American Meaning: The name Desmond is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Desmond is: Gracious defender.
- Celtic Meaning: The name Desmond is a Celtic baby name. In Celtic the meaning of the name Desmond is: From south Munster.
- English Meaning: The name Desmond is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Desmond is: From a surname derived from the Irish 'Deas Mumhain' meaning 'South Munster.
- Gaelic Meaning: The name Desmond is a Gaelic baby name. In Gaelic the meaning of the name Desmond is: From South Munster. An Irish surname referring to Munster: (one of ancient Ireland's five regions.).
- Irish Meaning: The name Desmond is an Irish baby name. In Irish the meaning of the name Desmond is: From South Munster. Famous Bearer: Archbishop Desmond Tutu (of South Africa).
- From an Irish surname which was derived from Deasmhumhain meaning "South Munster", originally indicating a person who came from that region in Ireland.
Definition funny of Desmond:
- "Dude, that episode of Lost was totally desmond!" "Mmm...this ratatouille is sinfully desmond." "Desmond concert last night, eh?"
- "Mike's probably getting a Desmond, Bill a Thora, and Phil needs a Billy or above to get into Kings."
- "that guy is such a Desmond"
- "Have you seen that really hot, new guy? He is such a Desmond." "I'm going out with a Desmond! How awesome is that!?"
- Man, my desmond was kicking up to high gear last night with my girlfriend.
- "Oh hey girl I heard you're dating Desmond?" "Yeah omg and I saw his dick last night and it's the size of a black mans! HE RIPPED ME IN HALF!" "Man! I have to get me a Desmond!"
- Wow, you were a total Desmond last night.
Expression information Desmond:
- People with this name tend to be idealistic, highly immaginative, intuitive, and spiritual. They seek after spiritual truth and often find it. They tend to be visionary and may inspire others. If they fail to develop their potential, they may become dreamers, or misuse power.
Soul information Desmond:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire to inspire others in a higher cause, and to share their own strongly held views on spiritual matters.
Songs about Desmond:
- Someday My Prince Will Come (feat. Paul Desmond) by Dave Brubeck from the Album Countdown - Time in Outer Space (feat. Paul Desmond) [Bonus Track Version]
- Booed Up (feat. Desmond "Black Hef" Jackson) by Carmichael Musiclover from the Album Love Souljah
- Bally Desmonds Polka 1, 2, 3 by Molly Maguire from the Album Jug of Joy
- Laura (Live) [feat. Paul Desmond, Ron Crotty, Joe Dodge] by The Dave Brubeck Quartet from the Album Jazz At The College Of The Pacific (Remastered)
- Desmond Blue (2011 Remaster) by Paul Desmond from the Album Desmond Blue
- Countdown (feat. Paul Desmond) by Dave Brubeck from the Album Countdown - Time in Outer Space (feat. Paul Desmond) [Bonus Track Version]
- Alice in Wonderland (feat. Paul Desmond) by Dave Brubeck from the Album Dave Brubeck Quartet: Dave Digs Disney (feat. Paul Desmond) [Bonus Track Version]
- Back to Earth (feat. Paul Desmond) by Dave Brubeck from the Album Countdown - Time in Outer Space (feat. Paul Desmond) [Bonus Track Version]
- Eleven Four (feat. Paul Desmond) by Dave Brubeck from the Album Countdown - Time in Outer Space (feat. Paul Desmond) [Bonus Track Version]
- Take the "A" Train (feat. Paul Desmond) [Bonus Track] by Dave Brubeck from the Album Countdown - Time in Outer Space (feat. Paul Desmond) [Bonus Track Version]
Books about Desmond:
- Desmond - Aug 1, 2001 by Charlotte Smith and Antje Blank
- Desmond Pucket and the Mountain Full of Monsters - Aug 25, 2015 by Mark Tatulli
- Desmond and the Very Mean Word - Dec 3, 2012 by Desmond Tutu and A.G. Ford
- Desmond Pucket Makes Monster Magic - Aug 25, 2015 by Mark Tatulli
- Disappearing Desmond - Aug 24, 2010 by Anna Alter
- The Book of Forgiving: The Fourfold Path for Healing Ourselves and Our World - Apr 7, 2015 by Desmond Tutu and Mpho Tutu
- Race in America - Oct 1, 2015 by Matthew Desmond and Mustafa Emirbayer
- Children of God Storybook Bible - Aug 14, 2010 by Archbishop Desmond Tutu
- No Future Without Forgiveness - Oct 17, 2000 by Desmond Tutu
- God's Dream - Aug 26, 2008 by Archbishop Desmond Tutu and Douglas Carlton Abrams
Movies about Desmond:
- Desmond's: The Collection2011 NR
- Charlie Rose - Aung San Suu Kyi & Archbishop Desmond M. Tutu / Update on the 2012 Republican Presidential Candidates...2011 NR
- Desmond's: The Complete First and Second Series2007 NR
- DANCE FOR KIDS with Desmond Richardson2011 NR
- DESMOND TUTU2009 NR
- CONTEMPORARY DANCE AND IMPROVISATION Volume I with Desmond Richardson2011 NR
- CONTEMPORARY DANCE AND IMPROVISATION Volume II with Desmond Richardson2011 NR
- DESMOND TUTU2006
- The Directors: Rare Films Of William Desmond Taylor2010 G
- Live at Broadway Dance Center - Contemporary Dance and Improvisation Vol. I with Desmond Richardson2009 NR
Wiki information Desmond:
- Desmond Tutu
- TV Actor, Award Winner, Chivalric Order Member, Organization leader, TV Personality, Person or entity appearing in film, Author, Person Or Being In Fiction, Film actor, Identity
Desmond Mpilo Tutu is a South African social rights activist and retired Anglican bishop who rose to worldwide fame during the 1980s as an opponent of apartheid. He was the first black Archbishop of Cape Town and bishop of the Church of the Province...
- Desmond Dekker
- Ska Artist, Award Winner, Person or entity appearing in film, Record Producer, Musician, Social network user, Featured artist, Deceased Person, Composer, Film actor
Desmond Dekker was a Jamaican ska, rocksteady and reggae singer-songwriter and musician. Together with his backing group the Aces, he had one of the earliest international reggae hits with "Israelites". Other hits include "007", "It Mek" and "You Can...
- Earl of Desmond
- Noble title
The title of Earl of Desmond has been held historically by lords in Ireland, first as a title outside of the peerage system and later as part of the Peerage of Ireland. The original Barony of Desmond in the province of Munster was held by descendants...
- Paul Desmond
- Cool jazz Artist, Deceased Person, Person or entity appearing in film, Person, Topic, Composer, , Social network user, Musical Artist, Literature Subject
Paul Desmond was an American jazz alto saxophonist and composer, best known for the work he did in the Dave Brubeck Quartet and for composing that group's greatest hit, "Take Five". He was one of the most popular musicians to come out of the West...
- Desmond Child
- Hard rock Artist, Composer, Lyricist, Musical Artist, Songwriter, Musician, Film music contributor, Musical Group, Record Producer, TV Actor
Desmond Child is an American musician, professional songwriter, and producer. He is a member of the Songwriters Hall of Fame. His hits as a songwriter include "I Hate Myself for Loving You", "Livin' on a Prayer", "You Give Love a Bad Name", "Bad...
- Desmond Howard
- Person, Athlete, Film actor, Award Winner, TV Actor, Identity, Sports League Award Winner, Measured person, American football player, Topic
Desmond Kevin Howard is a former NFL wide receiver, punt returner and kickoff returner and currently a college football analyst for ESPN. He played football for the University of Michigan from 1989–1991 and won the Heisman Trophy in 1991. He played...
- Desmond Harrington
- Actor, Award Nominee, Person or entity appearing in film, Influence Node, Person, Film actor, TV Actor
Desmond Harrington is an American actor. He is known for movies such as The Hole, Wrong Turn and Ghost Ship. He joined the cast of the Showtime series Dexter in its third season as Det. Joseph Quinn and appeared in a few episodes of Gossip Girl.
- Desmond Llewelyn
- Actor, Dedicatee, Film actor, Person, Person or entity appearing in film, Deceased Person, Military Person, Influence Node, TV Actor
Desmond Wilkinson Llewelyn was a Welsh actor. He played Q in 17 of the James Bond films between 1963 and 1999.
- Desmond Hume
- Person, TV Character, Identity, Fictional Character
Desmond David Hume is a fictional character on the ABC television series Lost portrayed by Henry Ian Cusick. Desmond's name is a tribute to David Hume, the famous empiricist philosopher. Desmond was not a passenger of Flight 815. He had been stranded...
- Desmond Morris
- Award Nominee, Author, Person, TV Personality, TV Writer
Desmond John Morris is an English zoologist, ethologist and surrealist painter, as well as a popular author in human sociobiology.