Meaning : Sea, Son of the sea, Son Of The Sea, Dylan has a meaning of 'sea' or 'great flood'. There are many variant spellings of this name.,
Pronunciation : DUL-an (Welsh), DIL-ən (English) , (DIH-lahn), DILL en,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Dylan:
- Name Number: 2. Meaning: Partnership, Sense, Other, Passive, Assistance, Acceptance, Intimacy, Peace
Additional information Dylan:
- In Welsh mythology, Dylan was the god of the sea, accidentally slain by his uncle Govannon. Welsh poet Dylan Thomas and American singer Bob Dylan, who changes his surname from Zimmerman to honour the poet, are linked to this name.
- Welsh Meaning: The name Dylan is a Welsh baby name. In Welsh the meaning of the name Dylan is: Son of the wave, born near the sea, influence. Famous bearers: Welsh poet Dylan Thomas, American folk singer Bob Dylan.
- American Meaning: The name Dylan is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Dylan is: Son of the wave, born near the sea, influence. Famous bearers: Welsh poet Dylan Thomas, American folk singer Bob Dylan.
- The god of the sea in Welsh mythology, Dylan comes from the elements “dy” (great) and “llanw” (tide). The name wasn’t really used in the US until the ’60s, when its average rank was 938. And then came the early ’90s great tide of Beverly Hills, 90210…and a certain Mr. Dylan McKay, played by Luke Perry. The name went from an average of 187 in the ’80s to 34 in the ’90s, and peaked at number 19 in ’03 and ’04. During that time Dylan also started being used for girls -- though it still feels very masculine when used for a boy. There are tons of ways to play with the spelling, though we wouldn’t recommend anything beyond Dillon. (Dylonn, we’re talking to you.)
- From the Welsh elements dy "great" and llanw "tide, flow". In Welsh mythology Dylan was a god or hero associated with the sea. He was the son of Arianrhod and was accidentally slain by his uncle Govannon. Famous bearers include the Welsh poet Dylan Thomas (1914-1953) and the American musician Bob Dylan (1941-), real name Robert Zimmerman, who took his stage surname from the poet's given name. Due to those two bearers, use of the name has spread outside of Wales in the last half of the 20th century. It received a further boost in popularity in the 1990s due to a character on the television series 'Beverly Hills 90210'.
Definition funny of Dylan:
- Dylan is that guy at school or in your town that your totally in love or gay for unless your his friend
- That boy is such a Dylan- so amazing and sweet!
- My boyfriend Dylan is the sweetest guy in the world!
- -That brownie dylan made her mad. -How did he do that? - He was way too brown for his own good.
- He's my Dylan... and i've never been this happy in my entire life.
- Girl 1: the dylan guy over there is so hot Girl 2: i know
- "he dylaned at that party." "you are officially dylaned"
Expression information Dylan:
- People with this name tend to be quiet, cooperative, considerate, sympathetic to others, adaptable, balanced and sometimes shy. They are trustworthy, respecting the confidences of others, and make excellent diplomats, mediators and partners. They are often very intuitive. They like detail and order, and often find change worrisome. They may sometimes feel insecure or restless.
Soul information Dylan:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire to use their abilities in leadership, and to have personal independence. They would rather focus on large, important issues, and delegate the details.
Songs about Dylan:
- Bob Dylan's 115th Dream - Bob Dylan
- Bob Dylan's 49th Beard - Wilco
- Bob Dylan's Dream - Bob Dylan
- Bob Dylan's Poetry - Four Bitchin' Babes
- Like Dylan in the Movies - Belle & Sebastian
- Song for Bob Dylan - David Bowie
- Bob Dylan's 115th Dream by Bob Dylan from the Album Bringing It All Back Home
- Bob Dylan's Dream by Peter, Paul and Mary from the Album Album 1700
- Just Like a Woman (Originally Performed by Bob Dylan) [Karaoke Version] by Cooltone Karaoke from the Album Greatest Hits Karaoke: Bob Dylan
- Bob Dylan's 49th Beard by Wilco from the Album Alpha Mike Foxtrot: Rare Tracks 1994 - 2014
Books about Dylan:
- Dylan Goes Electric!: Newport, Seeger, Dylan, and the Night That Split the Sixties - Jul 14, 2015 by Elijah Wald
- Dylan: Disc by Disc - Aug 1, 2015 by Jon Bream
- Bob Dylan All the Songs: The Story Behind Every Track - Oct 27, 2015 by Philippe Margotin and Jean-Michel Guesdon
- Dylan (Inked Brotherhood ) (Volume 4) - Jan 18, 2015 by Jo Raven
- Dylan (From the Inside Out Book 3) - Sep 29, 2014 by S. L. Scott
- Dylan's Amazing Dinosaur: The Tyrannosaurus Rex: With Pull-Out, Pop-Up Dinosaur Inside! (Dylan's Amazing Dinosaurs) - Mar 1, 2015 by E.T. Harper and Dan Taylor
- Chronicles - Sep 13, 2005 by Bob Dylan
- Dylan: The Biography - Jul 15, 2014 by Dennis McDougal
- Dylan - 2009 by Linda Lael Miller
- Dylan: The Sons of Dusty Walker - Apr 29, 2015 by Jodi Redford
Movies about Dylan:
- Bob Dylan - And The Band: Down In The Flood2012 NR CC
- Dylan Dog: Dead Of Night2011 PG-13 CC
- Bob Dylan - The Never Ending Narrative 1990-20062011 NR CC
- No Direction Home: Bob Dylan2005 NR CC
- Cas & Dylan2015 NR CC
- Dylan, Bob - 1966-1978: After the Crash2009 NR
- Bob Dylan: MTV Unplugged2014 NR
- Dylan, Bob - Tales From A Golden Age: Bob Dylan 1941-19662009 NR
- Dylan, Bob - 1978-1989: Both Ends Of The Rainbow2009 NR
- Bob Dylan: 30th Anniversary Concert Celebration2014 NR
Famous about Dylan:
- Dylan Baker - actor
- Dylan McDermott - actor
- Dylan Sprouse - actor
- Dylan “Dil” Pickles - character in Rugrats
Wiki information Dylan:
- Bob Dylan
- Folk rock Artist, Record Producer, Songwriter, Film editor, Person or entity appearing in film, Award Winner, Film music contributor, Author, Featured artist, Musician
Bob Dylan is an American singer-songwriter, artist and writer. He has been influential in popular music and culture for more than five decades. Much of his most celebrated work dates from the 1960s when his songs chronicled social unrest, although...
- Dylan Thomas
- Novelist, Name source, Person, Topic, Film writer, Musician, Person Or Being In Fiction, Lyricist, Film story contributor, Musical Artist
Dylan Marlais Thomas was a Welsh poet and writer whose works include the poems "Do not go gentle into that good night" and "And death shall have no dominion", the "Play for Voices", Under Milk Wood, and stories and radio broadcasts such as A Child's...
- Dylan and Cole Sprouse
Dylan Thomas Sprouse and Cole Mitchell Sprouse are American actors. They are twins and are collectively referred to as the Sprouse brothers or Sprouse Bros. Their first major theatrical film role was in Big Daddy, where they starred alongside Adam...
- Dylan McDermott
- Actor, Film actor, TV program guest, Celebrity, Influence Node, TV Director, Topic, TV Actor, Award Winner, TV Personality
Dylan McDermott is an American actor. He is known for his role as lawyer and law firm head Bobby Donnell on the legal drama series The Practice, which earned him a Golden Globe Award for Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series – Drama and...
- Wrestler, TV Actor, Person, Film actor, TV Personality, Topic
Dylan Mark Postl is an American midget professional wrestler signed to WWE, better known by his ring name Hornswoggle. He debuted in WWE in 2006 as a leprechaun character allied with Finlay. Hornswoggle won the Cruiserweight Championship before it...
- Programming Language
Dylan /ˈdɪlən/ is a multi-paradigm programming language that includes support for functional and object-oriented programming, and is dynamic and reflective while providing a programming model designed to support efficient machine code generation,...
- Dylan O'Brien
- Actor, Blogger, Award Nominee, Person, Film actor, TV Actor, Award Winner, Topic, Film cinematographer
Dylan O'Brien is an American actor and musician. He co-stars as "Stiles" Stilinski in the MTV series Teen Wolf. He also co-starred in the film High Road, and starred in the films The First Time and The Maze Runner, and its sequel Maze Runner: The...
- Jakob Dylan
- Alternative Artist, Award Nominee, Lyricist, Measured person, Social network user, Celebrity, Film actor, Topic, Musical Artist, Identity
Jakob Luke Dylan is an American singer and songwriter who rose to fame as the lead singer and songwriter for the rock band The Wallflowers, with which he has released six albums since 1992. Dylan is the primary songwriter for The Wallflowers and is...
- Dylan Moran
- Comedian, Person or entity appearing in film, TV Actor, Award Winner, Influence Node, Musician, Fictional Character Creator, Person, TV Writer, Film actor
Dylan Moran is an Irish comedian, writer, actor and filmmaker. He is best known for his sardonic observational comedy, the UK television sitcom Black Books, and his work with Simon Pegg in Shaun of the Dead and Run Fatboy Run. Moran also appeared as...
- Dylan Baker
- Actor, Musical Artist, Film actor, Award Nominee, Influence Node, Film producer, Person, Topic, TV Actor, Theater Actor
Dylan Baker is an American actor, known for playing supporting roles in both major studio and independent films along with regular work in television and on stage.