Meaning : Of Old Norse origin and a variant spelling of the name Eric. The name is derived from 'Eirìkr'; this being comprised of the elements 'ei' meaning 'ever, always' and 'ríkr' meaning 'ruler', hence altogether meaning 'eternal ruler'., Eternal Ruler, Always Ruler,
Pronunciation : Eh rick, E-rik (Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, German), E-reek (Finnish), I-rik (Dutch), ER-ik (English) , (EH-rik),
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Erik:
- Name Number: 7. Meaning: Inner, Thought, Mind, Psychology, Secret, Mystic, Strange, Study, Knowledge, Loneliness, Rest
Additional information Erik:
- When this male name was first borne it was typically spelt Eric, however this more modern spelling has arose over time. Some believe that the name came about in Old Norse through the German word ‘Ehre’ which means honour. This name has belonged to the twelve Kings of Denmark.
- Danish Meaning: The name Erik is a Danish baby name. In Danish the meaning of the name Erik is: Powerful.
- American Meaning: The name Erik is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Erik is: Powerful.
- Scandinavian Meaning: The name Erik is a Scandinavian baby name. In Scandinavian the meaning of the name Erik is: Ever kingly. In Scandinavian legend the Viking sea rover Ericson: (son of Eric the Red) landed on the shores of America 500 years before Christopher Columbus.
- Swedish Meaning: The name Erik is a Swedish baby name. In Swedish the meaning of the name Erik is: Forever strong.
- Norse Meaning: The name Erik is a Norse baby name. In Norse the meaning of the name Erik is: Ruler of the people.
- Scandinavian form of ERIC. This was the name of kings of Sweden, Denmark and Norway. King Erik IX of Sweden (12th century) is the patron saint of that country.
Definition funny of Erik:
- Wow! That pass was freaking erik! Woman 1: Did you see that really erik guy? Woman 2: Yeah, I'd totally hook up with him! Fred: Man, why does Todd always get so many women? Jeff: Because he can erik better than anyone! Boss: You must have worked incredibly hard on this report. I think you erik better than anyone I've ever seen!
- - WOW you're perfect! - Well, my name is Erik..
- Girl 1: Mmmm...check out that Erik over there. Girl 2: Oh, yeah. I'd let him pillage my village.
- bf to his gf: "Hey who is that guy that just got to your party?" gf to her bf: "oh thats Erik I just met him today and DAMN he looks hot!" bf to his gf: "why you acting like a slut around that guy?" gf to her bf: "Cuz if you saw his dick you would to"
- Dan: Hey Rick, lets go to the gym, then to the bar and pull chicks. Rick: Sounds good, I could use a good pump. Should we ask you know who to join us? Dan: Are you kidding me, his night is already spoken for. He's hitting the salon, then a few chick flicks with his lady. Man, it's not even February. Rick: He is such an Erik.
- Girl one: "So who do you like?" Girl two: "Hmm Erik..." Girl one: "Still?!" Girl two: " Idk, there's just something about him, I can't get over him!"
- Who is that guy she is with? That is Erik, she is trully in love with him..
Expression information Erik:
- People with this name are excellent at analyzing, understanding, and learning. They tend to be mystics, philosophers, scholars, and teachers. Because they live so much in the mind, they tend to be quiet and introspective, and are usually introverts. When presented with issues, they will see the larger picture. Their solitary thoughtfulness and analysis of people and world events may make them seem aloof, and sometimes even melancholy.
Soul information Erik:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire for travel and adventure, and want to set their own pace in life without being governed by tradition.
Songs about Erik:
- Dutch House Music Put Your Hands Up in the Air (feat. DJ Kito & DJ Erik) by Dj Moys from the Album Dutch House Music Put Your Hands Up in the Air (feat. DJ Kito & DJ Erik)
- Erik The Awful by Ray Stevens from the Album Mississippi Squirrel Revival
- Erik Satie Gymnopedie 1 (Satie Gymnopedie) by Eric Satie Easy Piano Music from the Album Erik Satie Gymnopedie 1 and Other Classical Music Favorites
- Variations on a Theme by Erik Satie (1st and 2nd Movements - Adapted from "Trois Gymnopedies') by Blood Sweat & Tears from the Album Blood, Sweat & Tears
- Variation on a Theme by Erik Satie (1st Movement - Adapted from "Trois Gymnopedies") by Blood Sweat & Tears from the Album Blood, Sweat & Tears
- Springing Erik by John Ottman from the Album X-Men: Days of Future Past (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
- Bahr (feat. Erik Truffaz) by Mashrou' Leila from the Album Raasu?k
- Drum Solo (feat. Erik Brown) by House of Tarab from the Album Beledi
- I Am a Child of God (feat. Erik Dalton) by Rebecca Mohler from the Album Called to the Work
- Stop (Blue Mix) [feat. DJ Blue & Erik Kallman] by Ghost Kollective from the Album Stop EP
Books about Erik:
- Dead Wake: The Last Crossing of the Lusitania - Mar 10, 2015 by Erik Larson
- The Devil in the White City: Murder, Magic, and Madness at the Fair That Changed America - Feb 10, 2004 by Erik Larson
- Isaac's Storm: A Man, a Time, and the Deadliest Hurricane in History - Jul 11, 2000 by Erik Larson
- My Life After Death: A Memoir from Heaven - Sep 1, 2015 by Erik Medhus and Elisa Medhus M.D. M.D.
- Thunderstruck - Sep 25, 2007 by Erik Larson
- In the Garden of Beasts: Love, Terror, and an American Family in Hitler's Berlin - May 1, 2012 by Erik Larson
- ERIK A Sequel to Phantom of the Opera - Oct 24, 2011 by Stephanie Hanson
- Learning C as a Language - Sep 12, 2015 by Erik Stowne
- Understanding Class - Sep 15, 2015 by Erik Olin Wright
- The Devil in the White City: A Saga of Magic and Murder at the Fair that Changed America by Erik Larson | Summary... - Sep 4, 2015 by aBookaDay and The Devil in the White City
Movies about Erik:
- Erik the Viking1989 PG-13 CC
- Erik the Viking1989 PG-13
- Erik H. Erikson: A Life's Work2013 NR
- Erik Myers: Dopeless Romantic2013 NR CC
- The Early Years Erik Nietzsche Part 1 (De unge aar)2007 NR
- Adam - Giselle / Carla Fracci, Erik Bruhn, John Lanchbery, American Ballet Theatre1968 NR
- Sasha Benny Erik: Primera Fila - Deluxe Edition CD + DVD2014
- Satiesfictions - Promenades with Erik Satie2015
- Erik Rivera: I'm No Expert2015 Unrated CC
- Erik the Viking1989 NR
Wiki information Erik:
- Eric Lensherr
- TV Character, Video Game Character, Film character, Fictional Organization Founder, Comic Book Character, Ranked item, Fictional Character
Eric Lensherr is a fictional character from the X-Men series.
- Musical Artist, Musical Group, Award Winner, , Literature Subject, Record Producer, Composer, Award Nominee, Film music contributor, Lyricist
Stargate is a Norwegian record producing and songwriting team, composed of Tor Erik Hermansen and Mikkel Storleer Eriksen, based in New York City. The team's genres include R&B, pop, dance-pop, Europop and hip hop. Stargate was established in...
- Theater Character, Fictional Character, Film character, Book Character
Erik is the title character from Gaston Leroux's 1910 novel The Phantom of the Opera. He is also the protagonist and antagonist of many film adaptations of the novel, notably the 1925 film adaptation starring Lon Chaney, Sr., and Andrew Lloyd...
- Erik Satie
- Film actor, Composer, , Person, Topic, Musician, Film music contributor, Organization founder, Librettist, Identity
Éric Alfred Leslie Satie – he signed his name Erik Satie after 1884 – was a French composer and pianist. Satie was a colourful figure in the early 20th century Parisian avant-garde. His work was a precursor to later artistic movements such as...
- Erik Erikson
- Psychologist, Author, Person, Academic, Award Nominee, Influence Node, Award Winner, Name source, Identity, Deceased Person
Erik Homburger Erikson was a German-born American developmental psychologist and psychoanalyst known for his theory on psychosocial development of human beings. He may be most famous for coining the phrase identity crisis. His son, Kai T. Erikson, is...
- Erik Estrada
- Award Nominee, Person, Identity, Film actor, TV Actor, Martial Artist, Person or entity appearing in film, Film producer, Topic, Influence Node
Henry Enrique "Erik" Estrada is an American actor, voice actor, and police officer known for his co-starring lead role in the police drama television series CHiPs, which ran from 1977 to 1983. He later became known for his work in Spanish-language...
- Eurodance Artist, Broadcast Artist, Musician, Public figure with medical condition, TV Actor, Composer, , Record Producer, Award Winner, Person
Jonas Erik Altberg, better known by his stage name Basshunter /ˈbeɪs.hʌn.tər/, is a Swedish singer-songwriter, record producer, and DJ. He is best known for his number one hits "Boten Anna", "Vi sitter i Ventrilo och spelar DotA", "Now You're Gone"...
- Alternative Artist, Award Nominee, Film actor, TV Actor, Award Winner, Musician, Musical Artist, Featured artist, Composer, Person
Erik Francis Schrody, known by his stage name Everlast, is an American rapper, singer, and songwriter, known for his solo hit "What It's Like" and as the front-man for rap group House of Pain. He was also part of the hip-hop supergroup La Coka...
- Érik Morales
- Professional Boxer, Boxer, Martial Artist, Topic, Film actor, Person or entity appearing in film, Athlete, Measured person, Identity, Person
Érik Isaac Morales Elvira is a retired Mexican professional boxer. He is the first Mexican-born boxer in history to win world titles in four different weight classes. He is a former WBC light-welterweight Champion, WBC/IBF super-featherweight, WBC...
- Harry Houdini
- Magician, Film director, Identity, Film producer, Topic, Film actor, Author, Person Or Being In Fiction, Literature Subject, Organization founder
Harry Houdini was a Hungarian-American illusionist and stunt performer, noted for his sensational escape acts. He first attracted notice in vaudeville in the US and then as "Harry Handcuff Houdini" on a tour of Europe, where he challenged police...