Meaning : Of Old Persian origin and derived from the translation of the Hebrew name Hadassah meaning 'myrtle'. The name is also biblical in that it was borne by the Jewish wife of the Persian King Ahasuerus., Star, Star Or Myrtle Leaf, Star or Myrtle leaf,
Origin : Persian,
Pronunciation : (EHST-er), ESS ter,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Esther:
- Name Number: 3. Meaning: Communication, Interaction, Friendship, Joy, Lightness, Humor, Art, Positivity, Optimism
Additional information Esther:
- Esther is a feminine name and is the Hebrew variation of the name of the Persian goddess Ishtar, which means star. Esther Williams is an America film star, from films such as ‘million dollar mermaid’ and ‘thrill of a romance’.
- Hebrew Meaning: The name Esther is a Hebrew baby name. In Hebrew the meaning of the name Esther is: Star.
- American Meaning: The name Esther is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Esther is: Star.
- Persian Meaning: The name Esther is a Persian baby name. In Persian the meaning of the name Esther is: Star. Refers to the planet venus. Also myrtle leaf. Also a, the Babylonian goddess of love. Famous bearer: Old Testament Ester, who became a 5th century Queen of Persia.
- Biblical Meaning: The name Esther is a Biblical baby name. In Biblical the meaning of the name Esther is: Secret, hidden.
Definition funny of Esther:
- - Random guy: "OMG, did you see Esther today?" - Other random person: "Yes, she is SO awesome, beautiful, funny, brilliant, smart, and totally perfect in every way!" - "I know! =O"
- damn that girl is fine, what an esther!
- when i saw that gorgous girl down the hall there was no way to describe her exept Esther.
- boy: damnnn did you see esther nancy: which one? there are so many esthers boy: the hot one right there nancy: no shit shes my bestie of course i saw her boy: damn she must b pro status at life
- "Hey didn't Madonna re-name herself Esther when she jumped on the Kabbalah band wagon?"
- Brian: Dude, you see that new girl? Jake: Yeah, she's smoking Brian: dang...she's an Esther
- I love princesses in dresses named Esther.
Expression information Esther:
- People with this name tend to be creative and excellent at expressing themselves. They are drawn to the arts, and often enjoy life immensely. They are often the center of attention, and enjoy careers that put them in the limelight. They tend to become involved in many different activities, and are sometimes reckless with both their energies and with money.
Soul information Esther:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire to use their abilities in leadership, and to have personal independence. They would rather focus on large, important issues, and delegate the details.
Songs about Esther:
- Myriam and Esther - Phranc
- Ay Esther by Anhelo Norteño from the Album Los Perez
- Born For This (Esther) by Mandisa from the Album Music Inspired By The Story [+Video] [+Digital Booklet]
- Yes (feat. Robert Steels & Esther Simpson) by Dr. A. Edward Davis Jr & St John Mass Choir from the Album He's Been Good
- Esther by Kenny G from the Album Duotones
- 166: Bernard & Esther, Part 2 of 2 by Adventures in Odyssey from the Album #11: It's Another Fine Day...
- 165: Bernard & Esther, Part 1 of 2 by Adventures in Odyssey from the Album #11: It's Another Fine Day...
- Little Esther (Parody of "Little Sister" By Elvis Presley) by ApologetiX from the Album Apologetix Classics: Oldies
- Esther by Esterlyn from the Album Mending The Meaning EP
- Esther (Live) by Kenny G from the Album Kenny G Live
Books about Esther:
- Esther: It's Tough Being a Woman - Nov 1, 2008 by Beth Moore
- Esther: Royal Beauty (A Dangerous Beauty Novel) - Jan 6, 2015 by Angela Hunt
- Esther: A Woman of Strength and Dignity (Great Lives Series) - Jul 27, 2008 by Charles R. Swindoll
- The Esther Anointing: Becoming a Woman of Prayer, Courage, and Influence - Oct 7, 2014 by Michelle McClain-Walters
- Esther - Sep 30, 2012 by John Piper and Glenn Harrington
- Queen Esther and the Ring of Power: Prophetic Voice for the End Times - Jun 10, 2015 by Russell M. Stendal
- Esther: Explanatory Notes & Commentary - Sep 1, 2014 by John Wesley
- Esther -Revised- Bible Study Guide - Jul 6, 2008 by Charles R. Swindoll
- Esther (The NIV Application Commentary) - Jun 7, 1999 by Karen H. Jobes
- Queen Esther Helps God's People: Formerly titled Esther and the King (I Can Read! / The Beginner's Bible) - Sep 28, 2008 by Zondervan
Movies about Esther:
- Hey Hey It's Esther Blueburger2008 PG-13 CC
- Esther and the King (1960)2009 NR CC
- VeggieTales: Esther: The Girl Who Became Queen2000 CC
- Esther & the King2010 NR
- Book Of Esther2013 NR CC
- Esther's Diary2011 NR
- TCM Greatest Classic Films: Legends - Esther Williams Vol. 12014 NR
- Esther2000 NR
- TCM Greatest Classic Films: Legends - Esther Williams Vol 22015 NR
- TCM Spotlight: Esther Williams, Vol. 22009 NR
Wiki information Esther:
- Book of Esther
- Translated Work, Religious Text, Adapted Work, Book, Written Work
The Book of Esther, also known in Hebrew as "the Scroll", is a book in the third section of the Jewish Tanakh and in the Christian Old Testament. It relates the story of a Jewish girl in Persia, born as Hadassah but known as Esther, who becomes queen...
- Person Or Being In Fiction, Name source, Art Subject, Literature Subject, Person
Esther, born Hadassah, is the eponymous heroine of the Book of Esther. According to the Hebrew Bible, Esther was a Jewish queen of the Persian king Ahasuerus. Ahasuerus is traditionally identified with Xerxes I during the time of the Achaemenid...
- Esther Rantzen
- Presenter, TV Actor, Topic, TV Personality, Author, Organization founder, Identity, Award Nominee, Person, Influence Node
Dame Esther Louise Rantzen DBE is an English journalist and television presenter, best known for presenting the hit BBC television series That's Life! for 21 years from 1973 until 1994. She is well known for her work with various charitable causes....
- Esther Phillips
- Blues Artist, Musician, Musical Artist, Deceased Person, Topic, Featured artist, TV Actor, Person, Film music contributor, Broadcast Artist
Esther Phillips was an American singer. Phillips was known for her R&B vocals, but she was a versatile singer, also performing pop, country, jazz, blues and soul music.
- Esther Williams
- Actor, Deceased Person, Musician, Topic, Film actor, Award Nominee, Person, Identity, Person or entity appearing in film, Featured artist
Esther Jane Williams was an American competitive swimmer and actress. Williams set multiple national and regional swimming records in her late teens as part of the Los Angeles Athletic Club swim team. Unable to compete in the 1940 Summer Olympics...
- Esther Rolle
- Actor, Award Nominee, Identity, Person, Award Winner, Theater Actor, Person or entity appearing in film, Film actor, TV Actor, Influence Node
Esther Elizabeth Rolle was an American actress. She is best known for her role as Florida Evans, on the CBS television sitcom Maude for two seasons and its spin-off series Good Times for five seasons.
- Crime Fiction Film, Netflix Title, Topic, TV Program, Adaptation, Film
Esther, also known as The Bible: Esther, is a 1999 American-Italian-German television film directed by Raffaele Mertes and starring Louise Lombard as Queen Esther, F. Murray Abraham as Mordechai, Jürgen Prochnow as Haman, Thomas Kretschmann as King...
- Esther Ofarim
- Actor, Musical Artist, Musician, Topic, Featured artist, Person or entity appearing in film, Film actor, Person
Esther Ofarim is an Israeli singer.
- Esther McVey
- TV Personality, TV Actor, Politician, Person
Esther Louise McVey is a British Conservative Party politician. She was the Member of Parliament for Wirral West from 2010 until her defeat in 2015, and was Minister of State for Employment from 2013 to 2015. In February 2014 McVey was appointed a...
Esther is an oratorio by George Frideric Handel. It is generally acknowledged to be the first English oratorio. Handel set a libretto after the Old Testament drama by Jean Racine. The work was originally composed in 1718, but was heavily revised into...