Meaning : Unknown, Army Ruler, Army ruler,
Pronunciation : (Unknown), HA rold, HER-əld, HAR-əld ,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Harold:
- Name Number: 4. Meaning: Stability, Sameness, Regular, Rules, Condition, Responsibility, Routine, Frame, Detail, Order
Additional information Harold:
- Harold is an Old English name ultimately of Scandinavian origin, from the Old Norse name "Haraldr". The most famous Harold in British history is King Harold, killed at the Battle of Hastings in 1066 by an arrow to the eye. Popularity of the name was rekindled in the early 20th century, only for Harold to fade into obscurity by the 1950s.
- Norse Meaning: The name Harold is a Norse baby name. In Norse the meaning of the name Harold is: War chief.
- American Meaning: The name Harold is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Harold is: War chief.
- Teutonic Meaning: The name Harold is a Teutonic baby name. In Teutonic the meaning of the name Harold is: Mighty in war.
- English Meaning: The name Harold is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Harold is: Army commander. Army, weald power. Derivative of Hereweald. Famous Bearers: King Harold II of England who was killed in the Battle of Hastings in 1066.
- From the Old English name Hereweald, derived from the elements here "army" and weald "power, leader, ruler". The Old Norse cognate Haraldr was also common among Scandinavian settlers in England. This was the name of five kings of Norway and three kings of Denmark. It was also borne by two kings of England, both of whom were from mixed Scandinavian and Anglo-Saxon backgrounds, including Harold II who lost the Battle of Hastings (and was killed in it), which led to the Norman conquest. After the conquest the name died out, but it was eventually revived in the 19th century.
Definition funny of Harold:
- That guy is so well thought of, he must be a Harold.
- He is my idol. His name must be Harold.
- It was a harold one last night at the bar. A friend told me he got robbed last night, so I responded harold.
- Girl 1: oh my gosh I just love Harold. Girl 2: who's Harold? Girl 1: look Girl 2: I think I love Harold too.
- Mrs; "No, love I've got a head ache!" Mr; "Well take some harolds then!" "Take two harolds and call me in the morning!"
- "Is there an all male, asian orgy going on in that snowglobe. Whoever made that must be a total Harold."
- Although his peers and lady friends know him by the less rigid and more socially acceptable name of Henry, Harold still uses his official name for more formal affairs, such as passports applications and membership to the country club.
Expression information Harold:
- People with this name tend to be orderly and dedicated to building their lives on a solid foundation of order and service. They value truth, justice, and discipline, and may be quick-tempered with those who do not. Their practical nature makes them good at managing and saving money, and at building things in the material world. Because of their focus on order and practicality, they may seem overly cautious and conservative at times.
Soul information Harold:
- People with this name have a deep inner need for quiet, and a desire to understand and analyze the world they live in, and to learn the deeper truths.
Songs about Harold:
- Harold and Joe - The Cure
- Harold of the Rocks - Primus
- Harold The Barrel - Genesis
- The Harold Song by Ke$ha from the Album Cannibal
- Old Weird Harold (9th Street Bridge) by Bill Cosby from the Album The Best Of Bill Cosby (US Release)
- #084: Harold by This American Life from the Album #084: Harold
- Beverly Hills Cop - "Axel F" (Music By Harold Faltermeyer) by Charles Fernandez from the Album Beverly Hills Cop - "Axel F" (Music By Harold Faltermeyer) - Single
- Harold of the Rocks by Primus from the Album Suck On This (Remastered)
- Harold's Super Service (Live At The Philadelphia Civic Center/1970) by Merle Haggard And The Strangers from the Album Okie From Muskogee (Anniversary Edition)
- If You Don't Know Me by Now (Originally Performed by Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes) [Karaoke Version] by Cooltone Karaoke from the Album Greatest Hits Karaoke: Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes
Books about Harold:
- Harold and the Purple Crayon (Purple Crayon Books) - Feb 1, 2005 by Crockett Johnson
- Harold's Trip to the Sky - May 20, 1981 by Crockett Johnson
- Harold's Fairy Tale (Further Adventures of with the Purple Crayon) - Mar 20, 1994 by Crockett Johnson
- The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry: A Novel - Mar 26, 2013 by Rachel Joyce
- Harold's ABC (Purple Crayon Book) - May 20, 1981 by Crockett Johnson
- Harold and the Purple Crayon Board Book Box Set: Harold and the Purple Crayon and Harold's ABC - Oct 13, 2015 by Crockett Johnson
- Harold's Circus (Purple Crayon Books) - May 20, 1981 by Crockett Johnson
- True Ghost Stories: Jim Harold's Campfire 4 - Sep 14, 2015 by Jim Harold
- Harold's Purple Crayon Treasury - 1985 by Crockett Johnson
- Behold the Man: A Catholic Vision of Male Spirituality - Sep 22, 2015 by Harold Burke-Sivers
Movies about Harold:
- Apocalypse Later: Harold Camping vs The End of the World2014 NR CC
- Harold and Maude2012 PG CC
- Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle2004 R CC
- Harold and the Purple Crayon Season 12001 CC
- Harold & Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay (Rated)2008 R CC
- A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas2011 R CC
- Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle (Unrated)2004 NR CC
- Harold & Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay (Unrated)2008 NR CC
- Phyllis and Harold2010 NR
- Harold and Maude1971 PG
Wiki information Harold:
- Harold Godwinson
- Politician, Noble person, Deceased Person, Person, Monarch, Person Or Being In Fiction
Harold II was the last Anglo-Saxon King of England. Harold reigned from 6 January 1066 until his death at the Battle of Hastings on 14 October, fighting the Norman invaders led by William the Conqueror during the Norman conquest of England. His death...
- Harold Macmillan
- Person, Military Person, Literature Subject, Politician, Deceased Person, Identity, Noble person, Organization leader, Organization member, Public speaker
Maurice Harold Macmillan, 1st Earl of Stockton, OM, PC, FRS was a British Conservative politician and statesman who served as the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom from 10 January 1957 to 18 October 1963. Nicknamed "Supermac" and known for his...
- Harold Wilson
- Author, Identity, Politician, Topic, Deceased Person, Person Or Being In Fiction, Chivalric Order Member, Person or entity appearing in film, Person
James Harold Wilson, Baron Wilson of Rievaulx, KG, OBE, FRS, FSS, PC was a British Labour Party politician who served as the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom from 1964 to 1970 and 1974 to 1976. He won four general elections. First entering...
- Harold Pinter
- Dramatist, Film writer, Name source, Award Nominee, Award Winner, Influence Node, Chivalric Order Member, TV Actor, Identity, Film actor
Harold Pinter, CH, CBE was a Nobel Prize-winning English playwright, screenwriter, director and actor. One of the most influential modern British dramatists, his writing career spanned more than 50 years. His best-known plays include The Birthday...
- Harold Alexander, 1st Earl Alexander of Tunis
- Politician, Military Commander, Deceased Person, Award Winner, Topic, Person, Person or entity appearing in film, Person Or Being In Fiction, Noble person, Military Person
Field Marshal Harold Rupert Leofric George Alexander, 1st Earl Alexander of Tunis KG GCB OM GCMG CSI DSO MC CD PC PC was a British military commander and field marshal who served with distinction in both world wars and, afterwards, as...
- Harold Lloyd
- Actor, Topic, Award Winner, Film producer, Author, Film writer, Film actor, TV Actor, Identity, Film story contributor
Harold Clayton Lloyd, Sr. was an American actor, comedian, film director, film producer, screenwriter, and stunt performer who is most famous for his silent comedy films. Harold Lloyd ranks alongside Charlie Chaplin and Buster Keaton as one of the...
- Harold Ramis
- Influence Node, TV program guest, Film story contributor, Fictional Character Creator, Film producer, Topic, Award Winner, Film director, Author, TV Personality
Harold Allen Ramis was an American actor, director, and writer specializing in comedy. His best-known film acting roles are as Egon Spengler in Ghostbusters and Russell Ziskey in Stripes; he also co-wrote both films. As a writer-director, his films...
- Harold Bloom
- Writer, Award Nominee, Award Winner, Person, Academic, Topic, Identity, Influence Node, Author
Harold Bloom is an American literary critic and Sterling Professor of Humanities at Yale University. Since the publication of his first book in 1959, Bloom has written more than 20 books of literary criticism, several books discussing religion, and a...
- Harold Nicolson
- Diplomat, Chivalric Order Member, Person, Author, Architectural structure owner, Deceased Person, Politician
Sir Harold George Nicolson KCVO CMG was an English diplomat, author, diarist and politician. He was the husband of writer Vita Sackville-West.
- Harold Perrineau
- Actor, Identity, Film producer, Person or entity appearing in film, Musical Artist, Award Winner, Person, Film actor, Award Nominee, TV Actor
Harold Perrineau Jr. is the brother of costume designer Malik Summers.