Meaning : Ray of light, Light, Meaning 'bright one' and 'shining one'. Used predominately in Greek and English languages.,
Pronunciation : (HHEHLahN), HEL en, HEL-ən (English) ,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Helen:
- Name Number: 8. Meaning: Outer, Body, Physical, Ambition, Power, Progress, Career, Success, Respect, Fame, Means, Karma
Additional information Helen:
- Helen is a name borne in classical legend by the wife of Menelaus, a famous beauty. Namesakes include Helen Mirren (actress) and Helen Hunt (actress).
- Greek Meaning: The name Helen is a Greek baby name. In Greek the meaning of the name Helen is: Shining light. The bright one. Helen of Troy, whose elopement with Paris sparked the Trojan War, was the daughter of Zeus and wife of Menelaus, King of Sparta.
- American Meaning: The name Helen is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Helen is: Shining light. The bright one. Helen of Troy, whose elopement with Paris sparked the Trojan War, was the daughter of Zeus and wife of Menelaus, King of Sparta.
- Latin Meaning: The name Helen is a Latin baby name. In Latin the meaning of the name Helen is: Most beautiful woman in the world.
- Shakespearean Meaning: The name Helen is a Shakespearean baby name. In Shakespearean the meaning of the name Helen is: Cymbeline' A lady attending on Imogen. 'The History of Troilus and Cressida' Wife to Menelaus.
- English form of the Greek ‘Ελενη (Helene), probably from Greek ‘ελενη (helene) "torch" or "corposant", or possibly related to σεληνη (selene) "moon". In Greek mythology Helen was the daughter of Zeus and Leda, whose kidnapping by Paris was the cause of the Trojan War. The name was also borne by the 4th-century Saint Helena, mother of the Roman emperor Constantine, who supposedly found the True Cross during a trip to Jerusalem. The name was originally used among early Christians in honour of the saint, as opposed to the classical character. In England it was commonly spelled Ellen during the Middle Ages, and the spelling Helen was not regularly used until after the Renaissance. A famous bearer was Helen Keller (1880-1968), an American author and lecturer who was both blind and deaf.
Definition funny of Helen:
- Dang, look at Helen. Lookin` fly as always. Man, I wish I could be Helen.
- "Maxim readers voted Olivia Wilde as the hottest woman in the world - therefore by definition she is rated at 1000 helen"
- i love u helen!!! your soo awesome
- Doctor Who? Doctor Helen.
- Stranger: Do you know Helen? Stranger 2: Yeah she is the best!
- Person 1 "I love Helen, she is everything. Beautiful, funny, unique!" Person 2 " we all need a Helen in our life! I wish I was her!!"
- "do you know helen???" "omg! YES who doesnt!!!! She the sexiest asian, PLUS shes the funnest person to be around!!!"
Expression information Helen:
- People with this name are competent, practical, and often obtain great power and wealth. They tend to be successful in business and commercial affairs, and are able to achieve great material dreams. Because they often focus so strongly on business and achievement, they may neglect their private lives and relationships.
Soul information Helen:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire to use their abilities in leadership, and to have personal independence. They would rather focus on large, important issues, and delegate the details.
Songs about Helen:
- Helen - Patty Larkin
- Helen Of Troy - Robert Plant
- Helen Wheels - Paul McCartney & Wings
- Hey, Hey, Helen - Abba
- Helen Black of Inveran - March, Rory MacLeod - Jig, The Clumsy Lover - Jig by Stuart Liddell, Steven McWhirter, Michael O'Neil & Michael Cole from the Album Midwest Highland Arts Fund: Winter Storm 2009
- There Goes Helen by Superconductor from the Album Hit Songs for Girls
- Helen's Testimony by Helen Baylor from the Album Greatest Hits
- Helen Wheels by Paul McCartney from the Album Wingspan (US Version)
- Like a Lie (Original Version) [feat. Helen Corry] by Jetski Safari from the Album Like a Lie (feat. Helen Corry)
- I Am Woman (Karaoke-Version) As Made Famous By: Helen Reddy by Studio Group from the Album Karaoke Pop: The Way To Your Love
Books about Helen:
- Wait Till Helen Comes: A Ghost Story - Apr 21, 2008 by Mary Downing Hahn
- Lady Alexandra's Lover (Sex and the Season: Three) - Aug 11, 2015 by Helen Hardt
- My Fake Fiancé - Jun 5, 2015 by Helen Cooper and J. S. Cooper
- Helen - Aug 3, 2015 by Maria Edgeworth
- Helen - Aug 18, 2011 by Maria Edgeworth and John Mullan
- Miedo al deseo (Bianca) (Spanish Edition) - Sep 17, 2015 by Helen Bianchin
- I am Helen Keller (Ordinary People Change World) - Sep 1, 2015 by Brad Meltzer and Christopher Eliopoulos
- DEAD LIST a gripping detective thriller full of suspense - Sep 12, 2015 by HELEN H. DURRANT
- Helen of Sparta - Apr 1, 2015 by Amalia Carosella
- Mason (Carter Brother series Book 2) - Aug 16, 2015 by Lisa Helen Gray and Cassy Roop
Movies about Helen:
- Fire Mountain: The Eruption and Rebirth of Mount St. Helens2010 NR CC
- Thank You, Mr. President: Helen Thomas at the White House2008 NR CC
- Helen2010 R CC
- Raising Helen2004 PG-13 CC
- Helen2007 NR CC
- The Muppet Show: Season 32008 Unrated
- The Helen West Casebook2002
- Helen Keller in Her Story2007 NR
- Helen of Troy1956 NR CC
- Sister Helen2002 NR
Wiki information Helen:
- Helen of Troy
- Art Subject, TV Character, Theater Character, Person Or Being In Fiction, Book Character, Name source, Poem character, Fictional Character, Film character, Opera Character
In Greek mythology, Helen of Troy, also known as Helen of Sparta, was the daughter of Zeus and Leda, and was a sister of Castor, Pollux, and Clytemnestra. In Greek myths, she was considered the most beautiful woman in the world. By marriage she was...
- Actor, Award Nominee, Person, Award Winner, Film actor
Helen Jairag Richardson is a Burma-born Indian film actress and dancer, working in Hindi films. She has appeared in over 500 films, and is often cited as the most popular item number dancer of her time. She was the inspiration for four films and a...
- Architect, Deceased Person, Name source, Person
Saint Helena or Saint Helen was the consort of the Roman emperor Constantius Chlorus and the mother of the emperor Constantine the Great. She is an important figure in the history of Christianity and the world due to her major influence on her son...
- Helen Keller
- Peace activist, Topic, Public figure with medical condition, Film story contributor, Identity, Person, Organization founder, Film subject, Literature Subject, Name source
Helen Adams Keller was an American author, political activist, and lecturer. She was the first deafblind person to earn a bachelor of arts degree. The story of how Keller's teacher, Anne Sullivan, broke through the isolation imposed by a near...
- Helen Mirren
- Actor, Person, TV Producer, TV Personality, Film actor, Theater Actor, Identity, Topic, Person or entity appearing in film, Film director
Dame Helen Lydia Mirren, DBE, is an English actor. Mirren began her acting career with the Royal Shakespeare Company in 1967, and is one of the few performers who have achieved the Triple Crown of Acting, having won the Academy Award for Best Actress...
- Governmental Jurisdiction, City/Town/Village, Location, HUD County Place, HUD Foreclosure Area, Dated location, Statistical region
Helen is a city in White County, Georgia, United States, along the Chattahoochee River. The population was 430 at the 2000 census.
- Helen Hunt
- Actor, Musical Artist, Influence Node, Topic, TV Actor, TV Director, Identity, Person Or Being In Fiction, Film director, Person
Helen Elizabeth Hunt is an American actress, film director, and screenwriter. She starred in the sitcom Mad About You for seven years, and played single mother Carol Connelly in the 1997 romantic comedy film As Good as It Gets, for which she won the...
- Helen Clark
- Identity, Organization leader, Person, Politician
Helen Elizabeth Clark, ONZ SSI is the Administrator of the United Nations Development Programme, and was the 37th Prime Minister of New Zealand. As Prime Minister she served three consecutive terms from 1999 to 2008 and was the first woman elected at...
- Helen of Greece and Denmark
- Deceased Person, Noble person, Family member, Person
Princess Helen of Greece and Denmark was married to King Carol II of Romania prior to his accession, and was the mother of King Michael. She is noted for her humanitarian efforts to save the Romanian Jews during the Second World War, which led to her...
- Helen McCrory
- Actor, Award Winner, Influence Node, Award Nominee, Theater Actor, Film actor, Person or entity appearing in film, TV Actor, Person, Identity
Helen Elizabeth McCrory is a British actress. She portrayed Cherie Blair in both The Queen and The Special Relationship. She also portrayed Narcissa Malfoy in the final three Harry Potter films; Mama Jeanne in Martin Scorsese's family mystery film...