Meaning : Hostage,
Pronunciation : HO-mər (English) ,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Homer:
- Name Number: 5. Meaning: Motion, Change, Freedom, Diversity, Liberty, Choice, Interest, Search, Risk, Danger, Fear
Additional information Homer:
- Greek Meaning: The name Homer is a Greek baby name. In Greek the meaning of the name Homer is: Security. Helmet maker. Pool in a hollow. Famous Bearer: Homer, the Greek poet who authored the Iliad and the Odyssey.
- American Meaning: The name Homer is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Homer is: Security. Helmet maker. Pool in a hollow. Famous Bearer: Homer, the Greek poet who authored the Iliad and the Odyssey.
- From the Greek name ‘Ομηρος (Homeros), derived from ‘ομηρος (homeros) meaning "hostage, pledge". Homer was the Greek epic poet who wrote the 'Iliad', about the Trojan War, and the 'Odyssey', about Odysseus's journey home after the war. There is some debate about when he lived, or if he was even a real person, though most scholars place him in the 8th century BC. In the modern era, Homer has been used as a given name in the English-speaking world (chiefly in America) since the 18th century. This name is borne by the cartoon father on the television series 'The Simpsons'.
Definition funny of Homer:
- "Looks like I just pulled a Homer!" - Magic Johnson, after slipping on water and having the ball fly out of his hands, off a ref's head, and into the basket for the game winning three pointer.
- "That guy is a total Broncos homer, they haven't done anything good all season!"
- The Odyssey is one of the famous classic works by Homer.
- *Homer after hearing the news* D'oh! Wait a sec... d'oh!
- wow! that ball went flying. looks like a homer.
- "Homer's Odyssey? Is this about the time i rented that minivan?"
- Don't make your bets based on what Dick says, his picks are always ruled by homerism.
Expression information Homer:
- People with this name are excited by change, adventure, and excitement. They are dynamic, visionary and versatile, able to make constructive use of freedom. They fight being restricted by rules and conventions. They tend to be optomistic, energetic, intelligent, and to make friends easily. They may be changeable, restless, untidy, and rebellious.
Soul information Homer:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire to inspire others in a higher cause, and to share their own strongly held views on spiritual matters.
Songs about Homer:
- Open The Door Homer - The Band
- Homer Returns To The Orphanage (Instrumental) by John Lenehan;David Snell from the Album The Cider House Rules - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
- Sentimental Journey (Green/Brown/Homer) by Silvan Zingg from the Album Boogie Woogie Triology
- Homer & Marge (Featuring "Weird Al" Yankovic) (Album Version) by The Simpsons from the Album Testify (Original Music From The Television Series
- Homer's Reel by Capercaillie from the Album Grace And Pride Anthology (Disc 1)
- Homer Leaves Orphanage from the motion picture soundtrack "The Cider House Rules" (Instrumental) by John Lenehan;David Snell from the Album The Cider House Rules - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
- Homer's Lessons (Instrumental) by John Lenehan;David Snell from the Album The Cider House Rules - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
- Open the Door Homer (Take 2) by Bob Dylan & The Band from the Album The Basement Tapes Complete: The Bootleg Series, Vol. 11
- Open the Door Homer (Take 3) by Bob Dylan & The Band from the Album The Basement Tapes Complete: The Bootleg Series, Vol. 11
- Travelling Song (feat. Shandra Spears Bombay, Gabriella Caruso, Rose Stella, Merlin Homer, Michelle St. John,... by Marie Gaudet from the Album Women's Voices for Attawapiskat
Books about Homer:
- The Odyssey - Jun 24, 2013 by Homer and Alexander Pope
- The Iliad (Penguin Classics Deluxe Edition) - Nov 1, 1998 by Homer and Bernard Knox
- The Iliad / The Odyssey - Nov 1, 1999 by Homer
- The Odyssey - Nov 1, 1997 by Homer and Robert Fagles
- The Iliad - Sep 1, 1997 by Homer and George Chapman
- The Odyssey (Penguin Classics) - Oct 31, 2006 by Homer and Bernard Knox
- The Essential Homer (Hackett Classics) - Sep 15, 2000 by Homer and Stanley Lombardo
- Why Homer Matters - Nov 18, 2014 by Adam Nicolson
- The Iliad - Oct 9, 2012 by Homer and Alexander Pope
- The Iliad of Homer - Nov 15, 2011 by Homer and Richmond Lattimore
Movies about Homer:
- The Simpsons: Homer Knows Best2005 CC
- Homer And Eddie1989 R CC
- The Simpsons: Season 122009 NR
- The Simpsons - The Complete Eighth Season1996 Unrated
- Winslow Homer : An American Original2014 NR
- The Simpsons - The Complete Third Season1991 Unrated
- The Simpsons - The Complete Seventh Season1995 Unrated
- The Simpsons: The Complete First Season1989 Unrated
- The Simpsons: Season 101998 Unrated
- Homer and Eddie1989 R
Wiki information Homer:
- Author, Quotation Subject, Person, Person Or Being In Fiction, Film story contributor, Fictional Character Creator, Influence Node, Literature Subject, TV Writer, Deceased Person
Homer is best known as the author of the Iliad and the Odyssey. He was believed by the ancient Greeks to have been the first and greatest of the epic poets. Author of the first known literature of Europe, he is central to the Western canon. Whether...
- Homer Simpson
- Film character, TV Character, Award Nominee, Theater Character, Fictional Character
Homer Jay Simpson is a fictional character in the animated television series The Simpsons as the patriarch of the eponymous family. He is voiced by Dan Castellaneta and first appeared on television, along with the rest of his family, in The Tracey...
- City/Town/Village, HUD Foreclosure Area, Governmental Jurisdiction, Statistical region, Location, HUD County Place, Newspaper circulation area, Dated location
Homer is a city located in Kenai Peninsula Borough in the U.S. state of Alaska. According to the 2010 Census, the population is 5,003. Long known as The "Halibut Fishing Capital of the World." Homer is also nicknamed "the end of the road," and more...
- City/Town/Village, HUD County Place, HUD Foreclosure Area, Dated location, Location, Statistical region
Homer is a town in and the parish seat of Claiborne Parish in northern Louisiana, United States. Named for the Greek poet Homer, the town was laid out around the Courthouse Square in 1850 by Frank Vaughn. The present-day brick courthouse, built in...
- Poetry Book, Book, Ranked item, Adapted Work, Poem, Translated Work, Work of Fiction, Written Work, Published Work, Excerpted Work
The Iliad is an ancient Greek epic poem in dactylic hexameter, traditionally attributed to Homer. Set during the Trojan War, the ten-year siege of the city of Troy by a coalition of Greek states, it tells of the battles and events during the weeks of...
- City/Town/Village, Location, Statistical region, HUD Foreclosure Area, Dated location, Newspaper circulation area, HUD County Place
Homer is a village in Calhoun County in the U.S. state of Michigan. It is part of the Battle Creek, Michigan Metropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 1,668 at the 2010 census.
- Homer Hickam
- Writer, Author, Film story contributor, Film writer, Person, Social network user, Influence Node, Award Nominee
Homer Hadley Hickam, Jr. is an American author, Vietnam veteran, and a former NASA engineer. His autobiographical novel Rocket Boys: A Memoir, was a No. 1 New York Times Best Seller, is studied in many American and international school systems, and...
- City/Town/Village, Dated location, Capital of administrative division, Newspaper circulation area, HUD County Place, Statistical region, HUD Foreclosure Area, Location
Homer is a town in Banks County, Georgia, United States. The population was 1,141 at the 2010 census. The town of Homer has a mayor, Doug Cheek, and five councilpersons, Sandra Garrison, Jerry Payne, Chris Tucker, Keven Cape, and Betty Boarders. The...
- City/Town/Village, Statistical region, Location, Dated location
Homer is a town in Cortland County, New York, United States. The population was 6,405 at the 2010 census. The name is from the Greek poet Homer. The town of Homer contains a village called Homer. The town is situated on the west border of Cortland...
- Winslow Homer
- Painting Artist, Visual Artist, Exhibition subject, Name source, Deceased Person, Illustrator, Influence Node, Topic, Author, Person
Winslow Homer was an American landscape painter and printmaker, best known for his marine subjects. He is considered one of the foremost painters in 19th-century America and a preeminent figure in American art. Largely self-taught, Homer began his...