Meaning : Derived from the Germanic element id meaning "work, labour"., Hardworking, Hard Working,
Pronunciation : (AI-dah), IE-də (English), EE-dah (German, Danish, Dutch, Italian) , EYE dah,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Ida:
- Name Number: 5. Meaning: Motion, Change, Freedom, Diversity, Liberty, Choice, Interest, Search, Risk, Danger, Fear
Additional information Ida:
- Ida is a feminine name that comes from Old German origin and is said to mean ‘Hard Working’. It was brought over to Britain by the Normans and was made popular in the 19th century by the poet Lord Alfred Tennyson who used it as the name for his heroine in the poem ‘The Princess’. Because of this it may have developed the alternative meaning ‘Princess’.
- Anglo-Saxon Meaning: The name Ida is an Anglo-Saxon baby name. In Anglo-Saxon the meaning of the name Ida is: Name of a king.
- American Meaning: The name Ida is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Ida is: Name of a king.
- Derived from the Germanic element id meaning "work, labour". The Normans brought this name to England, though it eventually died out there in the Middle Ages. It was strongly revived in the 19th century, in part due to the heroine in Alfred Lord Tennyson's poem 'The Princess' (1847), which was later adapted into the play 'Princess Ida' (1884) by Gilbert and Sullivan. Though the etymology is unrelated, this is the name of a mountain on the island of Crete where, according to Greek myth, the god Zeus was born.
Definition funny of Ida:
- Dom: hey look at that stupid ida, ohh waaiit thats kinda sexy Rest of gang: lets get her!! -gang chases ida-
- damn she's so cool! just like ida
- Oh my heck, its IDA!! She's so amazing!! Whoa! also, Those shoes are so IDA!! I'll have to get me a pair.
- I'da kissed ya homie if you did it fo me.
- "Ich liebe dich!" "ida"
- Did you see what those two wrote to each other? It was some serious IDA.
- Me: "Hey guys, let's go to the arcade to play some IDAS!"
Expression information Ida:
- People with this name are excited by change, adventure, and excitement. They are dynamic, visionary and versatile, able to make constructive use of freedom. They fight being restricted by rules and conventions. They tend to be optomistic, energetic, intelligent, and to make friends easily. They may be changeable, restless, untidy, and rebellious.
Soul information Ida:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire to use their abilities in leadership, and to have personal independence. They would rather focus on large, important issues, and delegate the details.
Songs about Ida:
- Big Leg Ida - Bill Morrissey
- Ida, Sweet as Apple Cider by Bill Haley & His Comets from the Album Bill Haley's Chicks
- I'da Called You Woody, Joe by The Gaslight Anthem from the Album Sink or Swim
- Ida Red by The Hot Club Of Cowtown from the Album Swingin' Stampede
- Ida Red by Bob Wills & His Texas Playboys from the Album The Essential Bob Wills And His Texas Playboys
- Ida Red (Album Version) by The New Christy Minstrels from the Album The New Christy Minstrels' Greatest Hits
- Sexy Ida by Tina Turner Ike from the Album 18 Classic Tracks
- Ida Red by Asleep at the Wheel from the Album Tribute To The Music Of Bob Wills
- Miss Ida B by Buddy Guy from the Album Buddy's Baddest: The Best Of Buddy Guy
- Ida Red by Bumble Bee Slim from the Album Bumble Bee Slim Vol. 8 1937-1951
Books about Ida:
- The IDA Pro Book: The Unofficial Guide to the World's Most Popular Disassembler - Jul 14, 2011 by Chris Eagle
- Ida A Novel - Jan 17, 2012 by Gertrude Stein and Logan Esdale
- Ida: A Sword Among Lions: Ida B. Wells and the Campaign Against Lynching - Mar 3, 2009 by Paula J. Giddings
- iDas - Sep 8, 2015 by Sadi Sahar
- Ida Elisabeth: A Novel - Sep 15, 2011 by Sigrid Undset
- Ida B: . . . and Her Plans to Maximize Fun, Avoid Disaster, and (Possibly) Save the World - Dec 26, 2006 by Katherine Hannigan
- Party Drama! (Emma is on the Air #2) - Sep 29, 2015 by Ida Siegal
- Ida M. Tarbell: The Woman Who Challenged Big Business--and Won! - Jul 8, 2014 by Emily Arnold McCully
- Ida Early Comes over the Mountain - Nov 1, 1990 by Robert Burch
- Ida y vuelta al Cielo: Una historia verdadera (Spanish Edition) - Dec 18, 2012 by Mary C. Neal M.D.
Movies about Ida:
- Ida (English Subtitled)2014 PG-13
- Ida B. Wells: Crusader For Human Rights2006 NR CC
- Ida2013 PG-13
- America's Forgotten Heroine: Ida Lewis, Keeper of the Light2014 NR
- Ida Lupino Collection, Volume 11955 NR
- Ida Lupino Collection, Volume 21955 NR
- The Actuality Dramas of Allan King2005 Unrated
- Silver Screen Legends: Ida Lupino2010
- Ida the Stage Play2012 NR
- The Black American Experience Human Rights Crusaders 2 Pack: Ida B. Wells & Fannie Lou Hamer2006 NR
Wiki information Ida:
- Award-Winning Work, Topic, Film, Award-Nominated Work
Ida is a 2013 Polish drama film directed by Paweł Pawlikowski and written by Pawlikowski and Rebecca Lenkiewicz. Set in Poland in 1962, it is about a young woman on the verge of taking vows as a Catholic nun. Orphaned as an infant during the German...
- City/Town/Village, Statistical region, Identity, Travel destination, Dated location, Location
Agadir is a major city in central coastal Morocco, the capital of Agadir-Ida Ou Tanane province and of the Souss-Massa-Drâa economic region some 508 km to the south of Casablanca, 173 km south of Essaouira and 235 km southwest of Marrakech A majority...
- Ida B. Wells
- Author, Deceased Person, Hall of fame inductee, Identity, Person, Literature Subject, Organization founder
Ida Bell Wells-Barnett, more commonly known as Ida B. Wells, was an American journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, sociologist, Georgist, and an early leader in the Civil Rights Movement. She documented lynching in the United States, showing that...
- Ida Tarbell
- Author, Person, Hall of fame inductee, Deceased Person, Literature Subject
Ida Minerva Tarbell was an American teacher, author and journalist. She was one of the leading "muckrakers" of the progressive era of the late 19th and early 20th centuries and is thought to have pioneered investigative journalism. She is best known...
- City/Town/Village, HUD County Place, Statistical region, Dated location, Location, HUD Foreclosure Area
Ida is a village in Caddo Parish, Louisiana, United States. The population was 221 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Shreveport–Bossier City Metropolitan Statistical Area. Ida and nearby Rodessa are the most northwesterly communities in...
- Ida Lupino
- Actor, Film actor, Influence Node, TV Actor, Award Nominee, Person, TV subject, Person or entity appearing in film, Deceased Person, Organization founder
Ida Lupino was an English-American film actress, singer, director, and producer, a pioneer among women filmmakers. In her forty-eight-year career, she appeared in fifty-nine films and directed seven others, mostly in the United States, where she...
- Mount Ida
- Mountain, Location, Geographical Feature
Mount Ida, known variously as Idha, Ídhi, Idi, Ita and now Psiloritis, at a height of 2,456 m, is the highest mountain on Crete. Located in the Rethymno regional unit, it was sacred to the Greek Titaness Rhea, and on its slopes lies one of the caves,...
- US State, Administrative Division, Governmental Jurisdiction, Location, Identity, Flag referent, Dated location, Statistical region, Organization scope, Political District
Idaho is a state in the northwestern region of the United States. Idaho is the 14th largest, the 39th most populous, and the 7th least densely populated of the 50 United States. The state's largest city and capital is Boise. Residents are called...
- Indie rock Artist, Musical Group, Featured artist, Musician, Social network user, Musical Artist, Person
Ida is an indie rock band from New York City. They are known for their three part harmonies, sparse, minimal, often quiet arrangements, and for their three singer-songwriters. Their music shows strong folk, pop, punk, world, R&B, and American roots...
- Ida Corr
- Dance-pop Artist, Musical Artist, Composer, TV Personality, Topic, Social network user, Musician, Person, Featured artist
Ida Corr is a Danish singer, songwriter and music producer.