Meaning : Blue Dye, Deriving from the colour indigo, the name of the purplish-blue dye. The name comes from the Greek meaning 'from india'., Indian Plant,
Pronunciation : IN dih go, IN-di-go , (IHNDahGow),
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Indigo:
- Name Number: 4. Meaning: Stability, Sameness, Regular, Rules, Condition, Responsibility, Routine, Frame, Detail, Order
Additional information Indigo:
- Indigo, like India, became popular in the 70s when there was a sudden obsession with exotic Indian culture. This was because of its similarity with the name India, and also because it is the name of an Indian plant. The plant contains a pigment used to make Indigo dye, and so the name also connotes the colour indigo. It has had a surge in popularity recently, along with other colour names such as Blue and Violet.
- From the English word indigo for the purplish-blue dye or the colour. It is ultimately derived from Greek Ινδικον (Indikon) "Indic, from India".
Definition funny of Indigo:
- Brian Lu is also known as B.Lu but some of us call him Indigo.
- 1: She was wearing an indigo colored blouse. 2: Carol thinks her son is an indigo. 3: He sells top quality indigo.
- Pass the Indigo cuz. My head is bumpin' blaze the purple haze and let loose the indigo.
- 1: The purple rays of light were seen on the opposite side of the horizon during the sunset. 2: The new class president is so indigo.
- Verb: I often indigo on my way to school. Noun: I saw her bowing to a tree and singing jazz and immediately knew she was an indigo. Adj: We spent the night gazing at the indigo sky pierced with countless stars.
- My shirt is the color Indigo!
- Go watch some Indigo! Don't be watchin' Indigo on my computer. Did you see that Indigo? That was some pretty nasty shit. You know about Indigo? It's like a lion beating a bush.
Songs about Indigo:
- Indigo Home by Roo Panes from the Album Little Giant
- Indigo Road by Joey Fehrenbach from the Album Losing You
- Electric Indigo by The Paper Kites from the Album twelvefour
- Mood Indigo by Nina Simone from the Album Compact Jazz - Nina Simone
- Indigo by Biters from the Album Indigo
- Mood Indigo (Instrumental) by Preservation Hall Jazz Band from the Album New Orleans - Vol. IV
- Mood Indigo by Duke Ellington from the Album Best of Duke Ellington
- Mood Indigo by Coleman Hawkins and Duke Ellington from the Album Duke Ellington Meets Coleman Hawkins
- Indigo by Trevor Hall from the Album KALA (Deluxe Edition)
- Love Me Indigo by The Sharp Things from the Album Adventurer's Inn
Books about Indigo:
- Indigo: The Color that Changed the World - Apr 1, 2013 by Catherine Legrand
- Indigo - Feb 28, 2014 by Beverly Jenkins
- Indigo: Egyptian Mummies to Blue Jeans - Sep 22, 2011 by Jenny Balfour-Paul
- Indigo - Jun 1, 2003 by Alice Hoffman
- A Handbook of Indigo Dyeing - Apr 1, 2012 by Vivien Prideaux
- Indigo Adults: Understanding Who You Are and What You Can Become - May 1, 2009 by Kabir Jaffe and Ritama Davidson
- Indigo: In Search of the Color That Seduced the World - Jun 5, 2012 by Catherine E. McKinley
- The Indigo Child Survival Guide: Unlock your supernatural powers and thrive as an indigo child - Sep 6, 2012 by Baker Jacinto and Mama Indigo
- The Indigo Children: The New Kids Have Arrived - May 1, 1999 by Lee Carroll and Jan Tober
- Indigos: The Quiet Storm - Nov 15, 2011 by Kathy Altaras and Nancy Tappe
Movies about Indigo:
- Mood Indigo (Theatrical Cut)2014 NR CC
- Indigo2003 NR CC
- The Indigo Evolution2004 NR
- Pokemon: Season 1 - Indigo League - The Complete Collection2014 G
- Touched by an Angel: Season 21994 NR
- Indigo Girls: Live at the Fillmore2000 NR CC
- Indigo Hearts2010 NR
- Pokemon Season 1: Indigo League Part 12009 NR
- Ai Yori Aoshi: Complete Box Set2012 NR
- Pokémon: Indigo League - Season One, Part 22009 NR
Wiki information Indigo:
- Name source, Color, Visual Art Medium
Indigo is a color that is traditionally regarded as a color on the visible spectrum, as well as one of the seven colors of the rainbow: the color between blue and violet. Although traditionally considered one of seven major spectral colors, its...
- Indigo dye
- Chemical Compound, Visual Art Medium
Indigo dye is an organic compound with a distinctive blue color. Historically, indigo was a natural dye extracted from plants, and this process was important economically because blue dyes were once rare. A large percentage of indigo dye produced...
- Organization, Aircraft Owner, Airline, Business Operation, Employer
IndiGo is an Indian Low-cost airline company headquartered at Gurgaon, India. It is the largest airline in India with a market share of 35.8% as of July 2015. The airline offers more than 633 daily flights connecting to 38 destinations including 5...
- Indigo children
Indigo children, according to a pseudoscientific New Age concept, are children who are believed to possess special, unusual and sometimes supernatural traits or abilities. The idea is based on concepts developed in the 1970s by Nancy Ann Tappe and...
- Bookstore Business, Organization, Employer, Business Operation, Issuer, Publisher
Indigo Books & Music Inc. is a Canadian retail bookstore chain.
- Biological Genus, Organism Classification
Indigofera is a large genus of over 750 species of flowering plants belonging to the family Fabaceae. They are widely distributed throughout the tropical and subtropical regions of the world.
- Indigo Girls
- Folk rock Artist, Person or entity appearing in film, Topic, Musical Artist, Broadcast Artist, Musical Group, Record Producer, Award Nominee, Social network user, TV program guest
Indigo Girls are an American folk rock music duo consisting of Amy Ray and Emily Saliers. They met in elementary school and began performing together as high school students in Decatur, Georgia, part of the Atlanta metropolitan area. They started...
- Tata Indigo
- Automobile Model
Tata Indigo is a class of sub-compact sedan cars manufactured by Indian automobile company Tata Motors. The first generation of the Indigo, which was launched in the Indian market in 2002, is based on the Tata Indica, a sub-compact hatchback. The two...
- Actor, Award Nominee, Topic, Film actor, TV Actor, Person
Indigo is an American actress. She played Vaneeta on the Showtime series Weeds and Rona, one of the vampire slayer potentials, in the final season of the TV series Buffy, the Vampire Slayer.
- Psychological horror Video Game, Award-Nominated Work, Topic, Video game
Fahrenheit is a cinematic interactive drama action-adventure video game developed by Quantic Dream and published by Atari for the PlayStation 2 and Xbox. The director's cut and uncut versions were later released for Microsoft Windows. Fahrenheit has...