Meaning : God is my Oath, God Is My Oath, My God is a vow, Derived from the name Isabel, a biblical name used commonly as a girls name, meaning 'God is perfection' and 'God is my oath'. The element meaning 'god'- 'el' has been adpated to 'belle' or 'bella' meaning 'beautiful'.,
Pronunciation : (IHZahBEHLah), ee-zah-BEL-lah (Italian), iz-ə-BEL-ə (English) , IS uh BELL luh,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Isabella:
- Name Number: 7. Meaning: Inner, Thought, Mind, Psychology, Secret, Mystic, Strange, Study, Knowledge, Loneliness, Rest
Additional information Isabella:
- Isabella is a name with Italian origins. The meaning of Isabella is God is my Oath. Alternate spellings of the name Isabella include Isabela, Izabella, Issabella, and Izabel. It is also akin to Isabelle. Nicknames include Izzy, Iz, Bella, and Belle. Famous people who are named Isabella include actress Isabella Rossellini. Isabella Acres is also an actress. Isabella Boylston is an American ballet dancer and Isabella Bird was an English explorer. Fictional characters named Isabella include Isabella from Shakespeare’s Measure for Measure. Isabella Linton was in Wuthering Heights. Jane Austen named two Isabellas: Isabella Thorpe and Isabella Knightly. Bella, short for Isabella, is the main character of Stephenie Meyer’s Twilight series. People who like the name Isabella also like names that are British in origin as well as names that end with vowels.
- Latin form of Isabel.
- Hebrew Meaning: The name Isabella is a Hebrew baby name. In Hebrew the meaning of the name Isabella is: Devoted to God.
- American Meaning: The name Isabella is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Isabella is: Devoted to God.
- Italian Meaning: The name Isabella is an Italian baby name. In Italian the meaning of the name Isabella is: consecrated to God.
- Shakespearean Meaning: The name Isabella is a Shakespearean baby name. In Shakespearean the meaning of the name Isabella is: Measure for Measure' Sister to Claudio.
- Spanish Meaning: The name Isabella is a Spanish baby name. In Spanish the meaning of the name Isabella is: My God is bountiful. God of plenty. Devoted to God. A Spanish.
- Though Isabella (a variation of Elizabeth -- kind of surprising, right?) is one of the most popular names in America, with equally trendy nicknames like Ella, Ellie, and Bella, it’s also one of the most classic. Since the twelfth century, there have been so many Queen Isabellas that Wikipedia has an entire page devoted to them. When Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman named their daughter Isabella in 1992, the name didn’t even crack the top 100…and that was way up from mid-century, when it dropped off the charts entirely. Since then it’s been steadily rising, with major jumps throughout the 2000s and a peak position -- at least for now -- in the top five. Isabella, you are so back.
- Latinate form of ISABEL. This name was borne by many medieval royals, including queen consorts of England, France, Portugal, the Holy Roman Empire and Hungary, as well as the powerful ruling queen Isabella of Castile (properly called Isabel).
Definition funny of Isabella:
- "Whoa dude that chik is hott!" "Of course she is...that's Isabella"
- The Isabella in school almost got kicked out, but she was so smart, she was able to convince the principal she'd stay good.
- my gfs name is isabella.
- Isabella always gave me good advice when I needed it.
- "Oh my that girl that walked by was sure an Isabella!" "Wow, she Isabella'd me with her amazing smile!"
- "Who is that pretty lady?" "Thats Isabella!"
- Person 1: Is that girl named Isabella? Person 2: Yeah, bro. Person 1: I wanna date her.
Expression information Isabella:
- People with this name are excellent at analyzing, understanding, and learning. They tend to be mystics, philosophers, scholars, and teachers. Because they live so much in the mind, they tend to be quiet and introspective, and are usually introverts. When presented with issues, they will see the larger picture. Their solitary thoughtfulness and analysis of people and world events may make them seem aloof, and sometimes even melancholy.
Soul information Isabella:
- People with this name have a deep inner need for quiet, and a desire to understand and analyze the world they live in, and to learn the deeper truths.
Songs about Isabella:
- Isabella - Rheinallt H. Rowlands, Laurie Geltman
- Bring A Torch, Jeannette, Isabella by Mannheim Steamroller from the Album Christmas
- Sleep Isabella by Abney Park from the Album Lost Horizons
- Hard Wired (feat. Isabella Goloversic) by Perturbator from the Album Dangerous Days
- Isabella of Castile by Strfkr from the Album Starfucker
- Bring a Torch, Jeanette, Isabella by David Tolk from the Album Holiday
- Isabella by Melvins from the Album King Buzzo
- Isabella by Moriarty from the Album 42ème Festival Interceltique de Lorient (Année de L'Acadie -Celtic Music - Keltia Musique)
- Isabella by Gregg Karukas from the Album Looking Up
- Deck The Halls / Bring A Torch, Jeannette, Isabella by Smokey Robinson from the Album A Motown Christmas
Books about Isabella:
- Isabella: The Warrior Queen - Oct 28, 2014 by Kirstin Downey
- My Name Is Not Isabella: Just How Big Can a Little Girl Dream? - Sep 1, 2010 by Jennifer Fosberry and Mike Litwin
- Isabella: Girl on the Go - Feb 1, 2012 by Jennifer Fosberry and Mike Litwin
- Isabella: Star of the Story - Apr 2, 2013 by Jennifer Fosberry and Mike Litwin
- Isabella (Mitchell - Healy Series Book 2) - Aug 19, 2014 by Jennifer Foor
- Isabella's Shoes - Aug 14, 2009 by Jennifer Robinson
- Forever Faithful - Feb 7, 2015 by Isabella
- Isabelle & Isabella's Little Book of Rules - Oct 1, 2013 by Isabelle Busath and Isabella Thordsen
- Isabella's Garden - Mar 13, 2012 by Glenda Millard and Rebecca Cool
- Isabella: Braveheart of France - Apr 21, 2015 by Colin Falconer
Movies about Isabella:
- The Sopranos: Season 12000 NR
- GREAT MUSEUMS: Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum: Collective Vision2012 NR
- The Flowers of St. Francis1952 Unrated
- My Name is Not Isabella: Just How Big Can a Little Girl Dream2015
- Sex and Zen - HK 1991 Adult Erotic movie BLU RAY (Region A) (NTSC) Amy Yip, Isabella Chow, Lawrence Ng1991 NC-17
- La Fiesta Del Chivo (The Feast of the Goat) [*Ntsc/region 1 & 4 Dvd. Import-latin America] Isabella Rossellini2005
- Missing Blu-Ray (Region Free) (English Subtitled) Angelica Lee, Isabella Leong2008 R
- Isabella2006 Unrated
- Other 1492: Ferdinand, Isabella, and the Making of an Empire - The Teaching Company DVDs2002
- Caos Calmo (Import Movie) (European Format - Zone 2) (2008) Isabella Ferrari; Nanni Moretti; Valeria Golino2008 Unrated
Famous about Isabella:
- Isabella Rossellini - actress
- Isabella (of Ferdinand and Isabella) - Queen of Castile
- Isabella Kidman-Cruise - daughter of Nicole Kidman and Tom Cruise
- Isabella - character in Measure for Measure
- Isabella II - Queen of Spain
Infamous about Isabella:
- Isabella Thorpe - character in Northanger Abbey
Wiki information Isabella:
- Isabella I of Castile
- Monarch, Deceased Person, Name source, Person Or Being In Fiction, Noble person, Person
Isabella I was Queen of Castille. She was married to Ferdinand II of Aragon. Their marriage became the basis for the political unification of Spain under their grandson, Holy Roman Emperor Charles V. After a struggle to claim her right to the throne,...
- Isabella II of Spain
- Person, Chivalric Order Member, Person Or Being In Fiction, Deceased Person, Organization founder, Noble person, Monarch
Isabella II was queen regnant of Spain from 1833 until 1868. She came to the throne as an infant, but her succession was disputed by the Carlists, who refused to recognise a female sovereign, leading to the Carlist Wars. After a troubled reign, she...
- Isabella of France
- Deceased Person, Person Or Being In Fiction, Noble person, Person
Isabella of France, sometimes described as the She-Wolf of France, was Queen of England as the wife of Edward II. She was the youngest surviving child and only surviving daughter of Philip IV of France and Joan I of Navarre. Queen Isabella was...
- Catholic Monarchs
- Noble title
The Catholic Monarchs is the joint title used in history for Queen Isabella I of Castile and King Ferdinand II of Aragon. They were both from the House of Trastámara and were second cousins, being both descended from John I of Castile; on marriage...
- Isabella Clara Eugenia
- Person, Deceased Person, Noble person
Isabella Clara Eugenia was sovereign of the Spanish Netherlands in the Low Countries and the north of modern France, together with her husband Albert. In some sources, she is referred to as Clara Isabella Eugenia. By birth, she was an infanta of...
- Isabella of Portugal
- Monarch, Noble person, Deceased Person, Person Or Being In Fiction, Person
Isabella of Portugal was an Infanta of Portugal, by birth, and a Holy Roman Empress, Queen of Germany, Italy, Spain, Naples and Sicily, Duchess of Burgundy etc. as the spouse of Charles V, Holy Roman Emperor. She was the daughter of Manuel I of...
- Isabella Rossellini
- Actor, Person, Film director, Film writer, Award Winner, Musical Artist, TV Writer, Author, Identity, Featured artist
Isabella Fiorella Elettra Giovanna Rossellini is an Italian actress, filmmaker, author, philanthropist, and model. Rossellini is noted for her 14-year tenure as a Lancôme model, and for her roles in films such as Blue Velvet and Death Becomes Her....
- Order of Isabella the Catholic
- Order of Chivalry
The Order of Isabella the Catholic is a Spanish civil order granted in recognition of services that benefit the country. The Order is not exclusive to Spaniards, and many foreigners have been awarded it. The Order was created on 14 March 1815 by King...
- Isabella of Aragon, Queen of Portugal
- Noble person, Deceased Person, Person
Isabella, Princess of Asturias was a Queen consort of Portugal and heiress presumptive of King Ferdinand II of Aragon and Queen Isabella I of Castile, as their eldest daughter. Her younger sisters were Catherine, Queen of England, Queen Joanna I of...
- Isabella of Portugal, Duchess of Burgundy
- Person, Noble person, Deceased Person
Isabella of Portugal was Duchess of Burgundy as the third wife of Duke Philip the Good. Born a Portuguese infanta of the House of Aviz, Isabella was the only surviving daughter of King John I of Portugal and his wife Philippa of Lancaster. Her son by...