Meaning : Gift Of Isis, Gift of Isis,
Pronunciation : IZ-i-dawr (English), ee-zee-DOR (French) ,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Isidore:
- Name Number: 7. Meaning: Inner, Thought, Mind, Psychology, Secret, Mystic, Strange, Study, Knowledge, Loneliness, Rest
Additional information Isidore:
- Greek Meaning: The name Isidore is a Greek baby name. In Greek the meaning of the name Isidore is: Strong Gift. Gift of Isis (this name is Greek, even though Isis is an Egyptian deity). St Isidore of Seville tried to convert Spanish Jews to Christianity during the 7th century.
- American Meaning: The name Isidore is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Isidore is: Strong Gift. Gift of Isis (this name is Greek, even though Isis is an Egyptian deity). St Isidore of Seville tried to convert Spanish Jews to Christianity during the 7th century.
- From the Greek name Ισιδωρος (Isidoros) which meant "gift of Isis", derived from the name of the Egyptian goddess ISIS combined with Greek δωρον (doron) "gift". Saint Isidore of Seville was a 6th-century archbishop, historian and theologian. Though it has never been popular in the English-speaking world among Christians, it has historically been a common name for Jews, who have used it as an Americanized form of names such as Isaac, Israel and Isaiah.
Expression information Isidore:
- People with this name are excellent at analyzing, understanding, and learning. They tend to be mystics, philosophers, scholars, and teachers. Because they live so much in the mind, they tend to be quiet and introspective, and are usually introverts. When presented with issues, they will see the larger picture. Their solitary thoughtfulness and analysis of people and world events may make them seem aloof, and sometimes even melancholy.
Soul information Isidore:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire to inspire others in a higher cause, and to share their own strongly held views on spiritual matters.
Songs about Isidore:
- Down At Saint Sideros (Isidore) by Christodoulos Halaris from the Album Akritika - Odes of the Byzantine Empire Border Guards 2
- Fermier Isidore by Charles Trenet from the Album Memories Vol 1
- Fermier Isidore by Charles Trenet from the Album 100 Chansons
- Fermier isidore by Charles Trenet from the Album Greatest Collection 1952-1954
- Fermier isidore (feat. Hubert Rostaing Et Son Orchestre) by Charles Trenet from the Album Les 50 meilleurs titres de Charles Trénet
- Garden of Sleep (Isidore de Lara) by Edward Johnson from the Album Les Grandes Voix Du Canada vol. 2 (Great Voices of Canada)
- Isidore by Itamar Erez from the Album Desert Song
- Isidore by Itamar Erez from the Album Erez, Itamar / Adama Ensemble: Desert Song
- Isidore by Central Fires from the Album Glow Wind Signs
- Isidore by Pietro Ciancaglini & Ettore Fioravanti Enrico Zanisi from the Album Quasi troppo serio
Books about Isidore:
- Algebra 1 - Jan 31, 2000 by Isidore Dressler
- The New African Diaspora - Aug 26, 2009 by Isidore Okpewho and Nkiru Nzegwu
- Geometry: Revised - Jan 2002 by Isidore Dressler
- The Etymologies of Isidore of Seville - May 24, 2010 by Stephen A. Barney and W. J. Lewis
- Integrated Mathematics: Course 2 - Jul 1998 by Isidore Dressler and Edward P. Keenan
- Isidore of Seville's Etymologies: Complete English Translation, Volume 2 - Jan 19, 2006 by Isidore of Seville and Priscilla Throop
- Once Upon a Kingdom: Myth, Hegemony, and Identity - Feb 1, 1999 by Isidore Okpewho
- The Tsaddik of the seven wonders (Doubleday science fiction) - 1981 by Isidore Haiblum
- Isidore of Seville: de Ecclesiasticis Officiis (Ancient Christian Writers) - Jul 1, 2008 by Isidore of Seville and Thomas L. Knoebel
- Slaying Isidore's Dragons - Apr 9, 2015 by C. Kennedy
Movies about Isidore:
- VENOM AND ETERNITY 1951 Isidore Isou, Jean Cocteau, Jean-Louis Barrault, Blaise Cendrars, André Maurois, Daniel...
Wiki information Isidore:
- Isidore of Seville
- Philosopher, Deceased Person, Person, Influence Node, Film character, Name source, Fictional Character
Saint Isidore of Seville served as Archbishop of Seville for more than three decades and is considered, as the 19th-century historian Montalembert put it in an oft-quoted phrase, "The last scholar of the ancient world". At a time of disintegration of...
- Isidore the Laborer
- Deceased Person, Name source, Person
Isidore the Farm Labourer, also known as Isidore the Farmer, was a Spanish farmworker known for his piety toward the poor and animals. He is the Catholic patron saint of farmers and of Madrid, and of La Ceiba, Honduras. His feast day is celebrated on...
- Irving Berlin
- Film score Artist, Composer, Film music contributor, Musical Artist, Lyricist, Theatrical Composer, Person, Award Nominee, Film actor, Identity
Irving Berlin was a Russian-born Jewish-American composer and lyricist. Widely considered one of the greatest songwriters in American history, his music forms a great part of the Great American Songbook. He published his first song, "Marie from Sunny...
- Isidore Isou
- Film director, Author, Film actor, Musician, Musical Artist, Deceased Person, Film writer, Topic, Person
Isidore Isou, born Ioan-Isidor Goldstein, was a Romanian-born French poet, film critic and visual artist. He was the founder of Lettrism, an art and literary movement which owed inspiration to Dada and Surrealism.
- Man, Person
Isidore was a 15th-century Russian Orthodox monk from Chudov Monastery in Moscow, credited with producing the first genuine recipe of Russian vodka circa 1430, a fact later recognised by international arbitration in 1982. A type of distilled liquor...
- Auguste Comte
- Philosopher, Author, , Influence Node, Deceased Person, , Person
Isidore Auguste Marie François Xavier Comte, better known as Auguste Comte, was a French philosopher. He was a founder of the discipline of sociology and of the doctrine of positivism. He is sometimes regarded as the first philosopher of science in...
- Jean Ignace Isidore Gérard Grandville
- Author, Person, Deceased Person
Jean Ignace Isidore Gérard, generally known by the pseudonym of Jean-Jacques or J. J. Grandville, was a French caricaturist.
- Isidore of Kiev
- Deceased Person, Person
Isidore of Kiev, also known as Isidore of Thessalonica was a Greek Metropolitan of Kiev, cardinal, humanist, and theologian. He was one of the chief Eastern defenders of reunion at the time of the Council of Florence.
- Hurricane Isidore
- Tropical Cyclone
Hurricane Isidore was the ninth named storm and the second hurricane in the 2002 Atlantic hurricane season. Isidore was the fifth of eight named storms to occur in September. The tropical cyclone peaked as a Category 3 hurricane, causing damage as...
- Comte de Lautréamont
- Writer, Author, Deceased Person, Film story contributor, Influence Node, Person, Film writer
Comte de Lautréamont was the pseudonym of Isidore-Lucien Ducasse, a French poet born in Uruguay. His only works, Les Chants de Maldoror and Poésies, had a major influence on modern literature, particularly on the Surrealists and the Situationists. He...