Meaning : Derived from the Laurel tree leaves used in ancient Rome to create garlands for those who were victorious in sports and games., Laurel,
Pronunciation : LAW ruh, LAWR-ə (English), LOW-rah (Spanish, Italian, Finnish, Polish, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, German, Dutch), LAW-oo-raw (Hungarian) , (LAO- rah),
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Laura:
- Name Number: 8. Meaning: Outer, Body, Physical, Ambition, Power, Progress, Career, Success, Respect, Fame, Means, Karma
Additional information Laura:
- Laura is the feminine form of the Late Latin name 'Laurus', meaning 'laurel'. A laurel is a Mediterranean evergreen tree with aromatic leaves and small dark berries. St Laura, a Spanish nun, died following an untimely coming together with a cauldron of molten lead. The name was popularised in part by the fame of Italian poet Francesco Petrarca, whose writings were largely directed at a girl named Laura.
- Spanish Meaning: The name Laura is a Spanish baby name. In Spanish the meaning of the name Laura is: Crowned with laurels.
- American Meaning: The name Laura is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Laura is: Crowned with laurels.
- Swedish Meaning: The name Laura is a Swedish baby name. In Swedish the meaning of the name Laura is: Laurel.
- English Meaning: The name Laura is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Laura is: The laurel tree or sweet bay tree symbolic of honor and victory. Old name with many variants.
- Latin Meaning: The name Laura is a Latin baby name. In Latin the meaning of the name Laura is: Laurel tree or sweet bay tree (symbols of honour and victory). The sonnets of 14th-century Italian poet Petrarch were addressed a lady named Laura, whose identity is still a mystery. Famous Bearer: Fashion designer Laura Ashley.
- Feminine form of the Late Latin name Laurus, which meant "laurel". This meaning was favourable, since in ancient Rome the leaves of laurel trees were used to create victors' garlands. The name was borne by the 9th-century Spanish martyr Saint Laura, who was a nun thrown into a vat of molten lead by the Moors. It was also the name of the subject of poems by the 14th-century Italian poet Petrarch. As an English name, Laura has been used since the 13th century. A famous bearer was Laura Secord (1775-1868), a Canadian heroine during the War of 1812.
Definition funny of Laura:
- hey laura, you're soo fly
- Guy 1: Why can we never get a Laura? Guy 2: They all already have great boyfriends. Girl 1: Lauras so cool, I want to be her. Girl 2: Your just lucky your her friend.
- You cant live life without a Laura there to cheer you up.
- That girl is so cool. Her name must be Laura! *begins to fly*
- Michelle: "Did you meet up with Laura last night?" Hannah: "Yeh, she was a tiger in the bedroom!" (Laura walks past...) Michelle: "Aye up, sex on legs.."
- The most famous Laura is from Dr. Zhivago in which she is a star-crossed lover who leaves her true love to marry another man.
- Man, I met a laura last night. I'm not gonna let this one get away!
Expression information Laura:
- People with this name are competent, practical, and often obtain great power and wealth. They tend to be successful in business and commercial affairs, and are able to achieve great material dreams. Because they often focus so strongly on business and achievement, they may neglect their private lives and relationships.
Soul information Laura:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire for travel and adventure, and want to set their own pace in life without being governed by tradition.
Songs about Laura:
Books about Laura:
- Laura (Femmes Fatales) - Oct 1, 2005 by Vera Caspary
- Laura in the Kitchen: Favorite Italian-American Recipes Made Easy - Oct 6, 2015 by Laura Vitale
- Laura: The Life of Laura Ingalls Wilder - May 1, 1977 by Donald Zochert
- When God Doesn't Fix It: Lessons You Never Wanted to Learn, Truths You Can't Live Without - Sep 15, 2015 by Laura Story and Jennifer Schuchmann
- Pioneer Girl: The Annotated Autobiography - Dec 30, 2014 by Laura Ingalls Wilder and Pamela Smith Hill
- Shadow Fall (Tracers) - Sep 22, 2015 by Laura Griffin
- Coming Home Texas - Sep 24, 2015 by Laura Harner and Jae Ashley
- The Mistress of Tall Acre: A Novel - Sep 8, 2015 by Laura Frantz
- The Hired Girl - Sep 8, 2015 by Laura Amy Schlitz
- The Chocolate Rose: (A Prequel to La Vie en Roses Series) - Apr 10, 2013 by Laura Florand
Movies about Laura:
- Almanzo Wilder: Life Before Laura2013 G CC
- Laura1944 NR CC
- Laura Mckenzie's Traveler Season One [HD]2014 CC
- The Mysteries Of Laura: Season 12014 CC
- The Song of Sacajawea, Told by Laura Dern with Music by David Lindley2012 NR CC
- Laura Mckenzie's Traveler Season Two2014 CC
- Little Laura and Big John R CC
- The Eyes Of Laura Mars1978 R CC
- Laura Mckenzie's Traveler Season Four2014 CC
- Laura Marling: A Performance at The Guest Apartment2011 NR CC
Wiki information Laura:
- Laura Bush
- Politician, TV program guest, Family member, Author, Person or entity appearing in film, Name source, Literature Subject, Person Or Being In Fiction, Film actor, Identity
Laura Bush is the wife of the forty third President of the United States George W. Bush and the incumbent First Lady of the United States. Born in 1946 in Midland, Texas, Mrs. Bush always had an active interest in books and education. She obtained a...
- Laura Pausini
- Latin pop Artist, Musical Artist, Film actor, Featured artist, Composer, Lyricist, Musician, Person, Broadcast Artist, Award Winner
Laura Pausini, omri is an Italian pop singer-songwriter and record producer. As a child, she was encouraged by her father to join him during his performances in local piano bars. After competing in local singing contests, Pausini signed her first...
- Laura Ingalls Wilder
- Writer, Author, Topic, Person Or Being In Fiction, Name source, Fictional Character Creator, Literature Subject, Influence Node, Person, Deceased Person
Laura Ingalls Wilder was an American writer noted as the author of the Little House on the Prairie books of children's novels based on her childhood in a settler family. During the 1970s and early 1980s, the television series Little House on the...
- Laura Schlessinger
- Radio personality, Author, TV Personality, Identity, Topic, Person, Broadcast Artist, Person or entity appearing in film
Laura Catherine Schlessinger is an American talk radio host, socially conservative commentator and author. Her radio program consists mainly of her responses to callers' requests for personal advice and has occasionally featured her short monologues...
- Film noir Film, Film, Award-Winning Work, Netflix Title, Award-Nominated Work, Adaptation, Ranked item, Topic
Laura is a 1944 American film noir produced and directed by Otto Preminger. It stars Gene Tierney, Dana Andrews and Clifton Webb along with Vincent Price and Judith Anderson. The screenplay by Jay Dratler, Samuel Hoffenstein and Betty Reinhardt is...
- Laura Dern
- Actor, Film actor, Influence Node, Identity, Film director, TV Program Creator, Person or entity appearing in film, Person, Film producer, Award Nominee
Laura Elizabeth Dern is an American actress, film director, and producer. For her performance in the 1991 film Rambling Rose, she was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Actress, while for her performance in the 2014 film Wild, she was nominated...
- Laura Harring
- Actor, Film actor, TV Actor, Award Winner, Competitor, TV program guest, Identity, Person, Ranked item, Award Nominee
Laura Harring is a Mexican-American actress. In 1985, Harring became the first Latina woman crowned Miss USA. She later began her acting career in television and film. She is best known for her role as Rita in the 2001 cult neo-noir film Mulholland...
- Laura Prepon
- Actor, Film actor, TV program guest, TV Producer, Identity, Person, Influence Node, Award Nominee, Ranked item, Award Winner
Laura Prepon is an American actress. She is known for her role as Donna Pinciotti in all eight seasons of the Fox sitcom That '70s Show. She is also known for the role of Hannah Daniels on the ABC drama October Road and her role as Alex Vause in the...
- Laura Linney
- Actor, Film actor, Influence Node, Musical Artist, Award Winner, Award Nominee, TV Producer, Theater Actor, Topic, TV Personality
Laura Leggett Linney is an American actress. A three-time Academy Award nominee and three-time Tony Award nominee, she won her first Emmy Award in 2002 for Wild Iris, and had subsequent wins for Frasier and John Adams. From 2010–13, she starred in...
- Laura Branigan
- Euro disco Artist, Musical Artist, Film actor, Award Nominee, TV Actor, Broadcast Artist, Theater Actor, Deceased Person, Person, Featured artist
Laura Ann Branigan was an American singer, songwriter, and actress known for her powerful, husky alto singing voice which spanned four octaves. She is best remembered for her 1982 platinum-certified hit Gloria and for the top-5 single Self Control....