Meaning : Unknown, A biblical name from the Greek meaning 'more desirable' or ; better;. May also be a variation of the name Aloysius or an alternative spelling of the name Lewis from the Germanic Ludwig, meaning 'famous warrior'., Better,
Pronunciation : LOW is, (LOO-iss),
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Lois:
- Name Number: 1. Meaning: Individual, Masculine, Logic, Self, Active, Leadership, Initiative, Assertive
Additional information Lois:
- Lois is feminine biblical name of obscure origin. In the New Testament it is found as the name of the Grandmother of Timothy, a companion of the Apostle Paul. As the family of Timothy all have names of Greek origin, it is presumed that Lois is of Greek origin also, although this is not certain and its meaning is unknown. It may have been popularised by its use in the comic strip ‘Superman’, as the name for the hero’s girlfriend. The comic strip has been adapted to film and the hero Superman is considered a cultural icon especially in America.
- Teutonic Meaning: The name Lois is a Teutonic baby name. In Teutonic the meaning of the name Lois is: Holy.
- American Meaning: The name Lois is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Lois is: Holy.
- French Meaning: The name Lois is a French baby name. In French the meaning of the name Lois is: Derived from the Old German name Helewidis, meaning hale and wide. Also a French form of Louise.
- Biblical Meaning: The name Lois is a Biblical baby name. In Biblical the meaning of the name Lois is: Better.
- German Meaning: The name Lois is a German baby name. In German the meaning of the name Lois is: Feminine Famous warrior.
Definition funny of Lois:
- OMG, look at her, she's totally a Lois, YO!
- When she heard her betrothed would wed another, she was crying on the outside, but LOI.
- Girl #1: "So I totally had sex with Rod the other day" Girl #2: "LOI! You're such a slut."
- I hell want to marry a lois, theyre faithful and give the best hugs Lois is such a sweet girl, i love her to bits
- 1: Who's that? 2: Must be a lois
- Wow Lois, You are so funny.... marry me? loool :)
- "Did you see that hot mumma over there?" "Oh i can tell you mean Lois without even turning around"
Expression information Lois:
- People with this name tend to initiate events, to be leaders rather than followers, with powerful personalities. They tend to be focused on specific goals, experience a wealth of creative new ideas, and have the ability to implement these ideas with efficiency and determination. They tend to be courageous and sometimes aggressive. As unique, creative individuals, they tend to resent authority, and are sometimes stubborn, proud, and impatient.
Soul information Lois:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire for a stable, loving family or community, and a need to work with others and to be appreciated.
Songs about Lois:
- Lois Lane - Uncle Bonsai
- Ain't S**t (feat. Lois Lane) [Explicit] by Trina from the Album Da Baddest B***h [Explicit]
- La Loi Du Silence by Paradis Français from the Album Hommage à Johnny Hallyday
- Loi Cho Nguoi Tinh Phu by Che Linh from the Album Hat Cho Nguoi Tinh Phu
- Miller Bros. & Lois Syncopated Soft Shoe by Lois Bright from the Album Miller Bros. & Lois Syncopated Soft Shoe
- Young Wild (Ken Loi Remix) by Fmlybnd from the Album Fmlybnd - Young Wild (Remixes)
- Loi by Koffi Olomidé from the Album Génération ndombolo, vol. 1 (Maxxi Dance)
- Lois And Clark / The New Adventures Of Superman (1993) by Jay Gruska from the Album The Music Of DC Comics: 75th Anniversary Collection
- Atys: Prologue "Ses justes lois" by Bénédicte Tauran (Flore / Sangaride) from the Album Lully: Atys
- Poems of Lois Zukofsky: IX. You Who Were Made for This Music by Lucy Shelton, Charles Neidich from the Album Music of Elliott Carter, Vol. 8
Books about Lois:
- Gathering Blue (Giver Quartet) - Mar 5, 2013 by Lois Lowry
- Son (Giver Quartet) - May 6, 2014 by Lois Lowry
- Messenger - Jan 24, 2006 by Lois Lowry
- Number the Stars - May 2, 2011 by Lois Lowry
- The Giver (Giver Quartet) - Jul 1, 2014 by Lois Lowry
- Penric's Demon - Jul 6, 2015 by Lois McMaster Bujold
- Sweet Christmas Kisses 2: Nineteen Heartwarming Holiday Romances - Sep 29, 2015 by Mona Risk and Beate Boeker
- The Little Train (Lois Lenski Books) - Sep 24, 2002 by Lois Lenski
- Leaf Man - Sep 1, 2005 by Lois Ehlert
- Gentleman Jole and the Red Queen (Vorkosigan Saga) - Feb 2, 2016 by Lois McMaster Bujold
Movies about Lois:
- Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman Season 11993 CC
- Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman Season 31995 CC
- Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman Season 21994 CC
- Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman Season 41996 CC
- Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman - The Complete Series2006 Unrated
- When Love Is Not Enough: The Lois Wilson Story2010 Unrated
- Ahupua'a Fishponds and Lo'i1992 NR
- Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman: Season 22006 NR
- Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman: Season 12005 NR
- Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman - Season 42006 NR
Wiki information Lois:
- Lois Lane
- Comic Book Character, TV Character, Film character, Namesake, Fictional Character
Lois Lane is a fictional character appearing in American comic books published by DC Comics. Created by writer Jerry Siegel and artist Joe Shuster, the character first appeared in Action Comics #1. Lois is an award-winning journalist and the primary...
- Lois Griffin
- Fictional Character, TV Character, Person, Film character
Lois Patrice Griffin is a main character from the animated television series Family Guy. She is voiced by writer Alex Borstein and first appeared on television, along with the rest of the family, in the 15-minute short on December 20, 1998. Lois was...
- Lois Lowry
- Novelist, Award Nominee, Film writer, Influence Node, Award Winner, Film story contributor, Author, Topic, Person
Lois Lowry is an American writer credited with more than thirty children's books. She has won two Newbery Medals, for Number the Stars in 1990 and The Giver in 1994. For her contribution as a children's writer, she was a finalist in 2000 for the...
- Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman
- Action/Adventure TV Program, Topic, Netflix Title, Identity, TV Program, Award-Nominated Work
Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman is a live-action American television series. Based on the characters created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster in Superman and Action Comics. Lois & Clark, stars Dean Cain as Clark Kent/Superman and Teri...
- Lois Maxwell
- Actor, TV Actor, Topic, Influence Node, Deceased Person, Award Nominee, Film actor, Award Winner, Person or entity appearing in film, Person
Lois Maxwell was a Canadian actress, best known for her portrayal of Miss Moneypenny in the first fourteen James Bond films,. She was the first actress to play the part. The films in which she played Miss Moneypenny were Dr. No, From Russia with...
- Singer Songwriter, Musician, Person, Featured artist, Musical Artist, Composer
Lois Maffeo is an American musician and writer who lives in Olympia, Washington. Although never achieving mainstream success, she has been closely involved with and influenced many independent musicians, especially in the 1990s-era Olympia, Seattle...
- Lois Nettleton
- Actor, Topic, Award Nominee, Competitor, Person, Deceased Person, Film actor, TV Actor, Influence Node, Award Winner
Lois June Nettleton was an American film, stage, radio, and television actress.
- Lois Chiles
- Actor, Person or entity appearing in film, Person, TV Actor, Film actor, Influence Node
Lois Cleveland Chiles is an American actress and former fashion model known for her roles as Dr. Holly Goodhead in the 1979 James Bond film Moonraker, and as a hit and run driver in 1987's Creepshow 2, as well as such films as The Great Gatsby, The...
- Sharon, Lois & Bram
- Person or entity appearing in film, Award Winner, Musical Artist, Musical Group, Award Nominee
Sharon, Lois & Bram is a Canadian children's musical trio composed of Sharon Hampson, Lois Ada Lilienstein, and Bramwell "Bram" Morrison that formed in 1978 in Toronto.
- Lois Smith
- Film actor, Identity, Award Nominee, Influence Node, TV Actor, Theater Actor, Person, Person or entity appearing in film, Topic, Award Winner
Lois Smith is an American actress. She has played supporting roles in films including East of Eden, Five Easy Pieces, Resurrection, Fatal Attraction, Fried Green Tomatoes, Dead Man Walking, Tumbleweeds, Twister, and Please Give. In television she has...