Meaning : Lyre, Harp, Derived from the Greek language, the 'lyra' or 'lyre' was a stringed musical instrument played in Ancient Crete. It is a fairly uncommon name, Lyre, harp, Lyre,
Pronunciation : LY ra, LIE-rə (English), LEE-rə (English) , (LAY-Rah),
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Lyra:
- Name Number: 2. Meaning: Partnership, Sense, Other, Passive, Assistance, Acceptance, Intimacy, Peace
Additional information Lyra:
- Lyra is a modern name derived from the Latin 'lyra', meaning 'lyre', a stringed instrument.
- French Meaning: The name Lyra is a French baby name. In French the meaning of the name Lyra is: Of the Iyre. Song.
- Greek Meaning: The name Lyra is a Greek baby name. In Greek the meaning of the name Lyra is: Lyre (medeival instrument). Lyrical.
- The name of the constellation in the northern sky containing the star Vega. It is said to be shaped after the lyre of Orpheus.
Definition funny of Lyra:
- In the movie K-Pax, Prot claims to be from a planet (K-Pax) which was located in the constellation Lyra.
- Steve: "Man, that girl is such a Lyra" Mike: "Totally"
- Brony1: Oh Eeem Geee Lyra just talked! Brony2: OMG!! Is she with Bon Bon?? Brony1: Sadly no. Brony2: What episode is this? Brony1: Season 2 finale, aka episode 25 Brony2: OMG NO WAY! Brony1: Colgate spoke too!! Brony2: O MAH GOSH! BEST EPISODE EVER!!!
- Sentence Example: 2. "Hey look at that, you can see Lyra in the sky!
- She's so nice.. she's such a Lyra
- "Lyra, get off the plane you fat fuck."
Expression information Lyra:
- People with this name tend to be quiet, cooperative, considerate, sympathetic to others, adaptable, balanced and sometimes shy. They are trustworthy, respecting the confidences of others, and make excellent diplomats, mediators and partners. They are often very intuitive. They like detail and order, and often find change worrisome. They may sometimes feel insecure or restless.
Soul information Lyra:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire to use their abilities in leadership, and to have personal independence. They would rather focus on large, important issues, and delegate the details.
Songs about Lyra:
- Lyra (T-Mass Remix) by Tygris from the Album Enhanced Sessions Vol.4 - Sampler
- Lyra by Iliya Zaki from the Album Lyra (Epicmusicvn Series)
- Lyra by Phil Tangent Pennygiles from the Album I'm Sorry
- Harp Concerto, "Lyra Angelica" : I. Adagio by Suzanne Willison from the Album Alwyn: Symphonies Nos. 2 And 5 / Harp Concerto, "Lyra Angelica"
- Harp Concerto, "Lyra Angelica" : II. Adagio, ma non troppo by Suzanne Willison from the Album Alwyn: Symphonies Nos. 2 And 5 / Harp Concerto, "Lyra Angelica"
- Harp Concerto, "Lyra Angelica" : III. Moderato by Suzanne Willison from the Album Alwyn: Symphonies Nos. 2 And 5 / Harp Concerto, "Lyra Angelica"
- Minotaur's Labyrinth (Cretan Lyra) by Technomind from the Album Minotaur's Labyrinth (Cretan Lyra)
- Chorvereinigung Lyra 07 (Live) by Jürgen von Manger from the Album Passt Bloß Auf Ihr Alten Heinis
- Constellation Lyra (K-Pax (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)) by Edward Shearmur from the Album K-Pax
- Harp Concerto, "Lyra Angelica" : IV. Allegro giubiloso - Andante con moto by Suzanne Willison from the Album Alwyn: Symphonies Nos. 2 And 5 / Harp Concerto, "Lyra Angelica"
Books about Lyra:
- The Prism of Lyra: An Exploration of Human Galactic Heritage - Mar 1, 2011 by Lyssa Royal and Keith Priest
- The Lyra Novels: Shadow Magic, Daughter of Witches, The Harp of Imach Thyssel, Caught in Crystal, and The Raven... - Sep 11, 2012 by Patricia C. Wrede
- Aerial Hoops / Lyra' 101 Handbook 1 - Level 1 - Dec 4, 2014 by Tracey Ecclestone and Sarah Henderson
- Lyra's Oxford - Sep 25, 2007 by Philip Pullman
- Single 2 - Mar 6, 2015 by Lyra Parish
- The Rainbow Serpent - Sep 8, 2015 by Lyra Shanti
- The Prism of Lyra: An Exploration of Human Galactic Heritage - Jun 1, 1993 by Lyssa Royal and Keith Priest
- The Gathering: Killian and Lyra - Dec 7, 2014 by Ellis Leigh
- Single 1 - Jan 5, 2015 by Lyra Parish
- Eluded - Oct 30, 2014 by Lyra Parish
Movies about Lyra:
- Lief and Lyra2015
- Carlos Lyra: 50 Anos de Musica2005 NR
- Carlos Lyra - 50 Anos De Musica Unrated
- Praktiki methodos Lyras & Mandolas
- Carlos Lyra - 50 Anos De Musica
Wiki information Lyra:
Lyra is a small constellation. It is one of 48 listed by the 2nd century astronomer Ptolemy, and is one of the 88 constellations recognized by the International Astronomical Union. Lyra was often represented on star maps as a vulture or an eagle...
- Cretan lyra
- Musical Performance Role, Musical instrument
The Cretan lyra is a Greek pear-shaped, three-stringed bowed musical instrument, central to the traditional music of Crete and other islands in the Dodecanese and the Aegean Archipelago, in Greece. The Cretan lyra is considered as the most popular...
- Byzantine lyra
- Musical Performance Role, Musical instrument
The Byzantine lyra or lira was a medieval bowed string musical instrument in the Byzantine Empire. In its popular form the lyra was a pear-shaped instrument with three to five strings, held upright and played by stopping the strings from the side...
- Lyra Belacqua
- Fictional Character, Film character, Book Character
Lyra Belacqua is a fictional character in the 2007 film The Golden Compass.
- Carlos Lyra
- Singer, Musician, Person, Musical Artist, Featured artist, Lyricist, Topic, Composer, Film music contributor
Carlos Lyra is a Brazilian singer and composer of numerous bossa nova and Música popular brasileira classics. He was born on May 11, 1939. He and Antonio Carlos Jobim, were the first two music composers, together with lyricists Vinicius de Moraes and...
- Débora Lyra
- Woman, Person
Débora Lyra is a Brazilian beauty queen who won the Miss Brasil 2010. and world wide winner of Miss Multiverse in 2013.
- Orbital Relationship, Celestial Object, Star
Vega is the brightest star in the constellation Lyra, the fifth brightest star in the night sky and the second brightest star in the northern celestial hemisphere, after Arcturus. It is a relatively close star at only 25 light-years from Earth, and,...
- Carmen Lyra
- Person, Author, Deceased Person
Carmen Lyra was the pseudonym of the first prominent female Costa Rican writer, born Maria Isabel Carvajal Quesada. She was a teacher and founder of the country's first Montessori school. She was a co-founder of the Communist Party of Costa Rica, as...
- She-Hulk (Lyra)
- Fictional Character
She-Hulk (Lyra) is a fictional superheroine appearing in comic books published by Marvel Comics. She is from an alternate future of Marvel's main timeline, and is the daughter of that reality's Thundra and the Hulk.
- Chondrocladia lyra
- Organism Classification
Chondrocladia lyra, also known as the lyre sponge or harp sponge, is a species of carnivorous deep-sea sponge first discovered off the Californian coast living at depths of 10,800–11,500 feet by Welton L. Lee, Henry M Reiswig, William C. Austin, and...