Meaning : Mighty battler, Battle Strength, Derived from the Germanic elements 'maht' meaning 'might' and 'hild' meaning 'battle', the name means 'mighty in battle'.,
Pronunciation : (MahTIHLDah), mə-TIL-də (English), MAH-teel-dah (Finnish) , muh TIL duh,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Matilda:
- Name Number: 6. Meaning: Home, Family, Love, Balance, Harmony, Help, Warmth, Social justice
Additional information Matilda:
- Matilda was the name of an early German queen known for her generosity. William the Conqueror and Henry I of England also both wed Matildas. In recent times, the story by Roald Dahl 'Matilda' and subsequent Hollywood movie have kept this name in the spotlight. According to the story, Matilda is an unassuming young girl who has magical powers that she gradually learns to bring out.
- Teutonic Meaning: The name Matilda is a Teutonic baby name. In Teutonic the meaning of the name Matilda is: Battle maiden.
- American Meaning: The name Matilda is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Matilda is: Battle maiden.
- Greek Meaning: The name Matilda is a Greek baby name. In Greek the meaning of the name Matilda is: Brave in war.
- Swedish Meaning: The name Matilda is a Swedish baby name. In Swedish the meaning of the name Matilda is: Brave in war.
- French Meaning: The name Matilda is a French baby name. In French the meaning of the name Matilda is: Strong in war. Strength for battle.
- Arthurian Legend Meaning: The name Matilda is an Arthurian Legend baby name. In Arthurian Legend the meaning of the name Matilda is: Mother of Merlin.
- German Meaning: The name Matilda is a German baby name. In German the meaning of the name Matilda is: Strength in battle. Matilda was the wife of William the Conqueror. Used in Australia as slang for a bushman's pack.
- From the Germanic name Mahthildis meaning "strength in battle", from the elements maht "might, strength" and hild "battle". Saint Matilda was the wife of the 10th-century German king Henry I the Fowler. The name was brought to England by the Normans, being borne by the wife of William the Conqueror himself. It was popular until the 15th century in England, usually in the vernacular form Maud. Both forms were revived by the 19th century. This name appears in the popular Australian folk song 'Waltzing Matilda', written in 1895.
Definition funny of Matilda:
- Hey, watch that Matilda fool that woman. Little Jamie totally played her parents - she was totally a Matilda.
- I wish you were more like Matilda
- wow shes a matilda
- That beautiful girl over there is such a matilda.
- From the Murrays green basin to the dusty outback I waltzed my matilda all over
- Bob totally Matilda'd that bucket of chicken wings whilst watching Ghandi.
Expression information Matilda:
- for harmony and balance in their lives, and respond positively to beautiful things.
Soul information Matilda:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire to inspire others in a higher cause, and to share their own strongly held views on spiritual matters.
Songs about Matilda:
- And The Band Played Waltzing Matilda - Eric Bogle, The Pogues
- Matilda Mother - Pink Floyd
- Matilda, Matilda - Harry Belafonte
- Waltzing Matilda - Banjo Patterson
- Waltzing Matilda (1998 Digital Remaster) by Slim Dusty from the Album The Very Best Of Slim Dusty
- Naughty ('Matilda' Piano Accompaniment) [Professional Karaoke Backing Track] by London Vocal Academy from the Album Naughty ('Matilda' Piano Accompaniment) [Professional Karaoke Backing Track]
- Waltzing Matilda by Larry Pattis from the Album What Tomorrow Brings
- Matilda by Oskar Schuster from the Album Tristesse Télescopique
- And the Band Played Waltzing Matilda by Liam Clancy from the Album Favourites 1 & 2
- Matilda No More by Slim Dusty from the Album Looking Forward Looking Back
Books about Matilda:
- Matilda - Aug 16, 2007 by Roald Dahl and Quentin Blake
- Matilda Reissue Edition by Dahl, Roald  -
- Matilda the Musical - Piano/Vocal Selections (Pvg) - Feb 1, 2013 by Tim Minchin
- Roald Dahl Collection - 15 Paperback Book Boxed Set - Sep 1, 2013 by Roald Dahl
- Matilda - The Musical (Easy Piano Vocal Selections) - Sep 1, 2013 by Tim Minchin
- Roald Dahl Omnibus The BFG, Matilda, George's Marvellous Medicine - 1992 by Roald Dahl
- Madeline - May 1, 2000 by Ludwig Bemelmans
- Matilda's Cat - Mar 18, 2014 by Emily Gravett
- The Gilded Life of Matilda Duplaine - Sep 22, 2015 by Alex Brunkhorst
- Harriet the Spy - May 8, 2001 by Louise Fitzhugh
Movies about Matilda:
- Matilda1996 PG CC
- Matilda1996 PG
- Matilda & The New Adventures of Pippi Longstocking2011 G
- Matilda1996 PG
- Madeline/Matilda1996 PG
- Madeline and Matilda Double Feature
- Matilda Unrated
- Charlie Rose with Azar Nafisi; Harold Bloom; Matilda Cuomo2006
- The Best of Jamaica's #1 Comedienne: Matilda with Patrick Murray2003 NR by Matilda and Patrick Murray
- Tata Matilda E Il Grande Botto2010 G
Wiki information Matilda:
- Matilda II
The Infantry Tank Mark II was a British infantry tank of the Second World War. It was the only British tank to serve from the start of the war to its end, although it is particularly associated with the North Africa Campaign. It was replaced in...
- Empress Matilda
- Monarch, Person, Noble person, Politician, Deceased Person, Person Or Being In Fiction
Empress Matilda, also known as the Empress Maude, was the claimant to the English throne during the civil war known as the Anarchy. The daughter of King Henry I of England, she moved to Germany as a child when she married the future Holy Roman...
- Comedy, Film, Topic, Ranked item, Award-Nominated Work, Netflix Title, Adaptation
Matilda is a 1996 American fantasy comedy film directed by Danny DeVito. The screenplay by Nicholas Kazan and Robin Swicord is based on Roald Dahl's novel of the same name. The film was released by TriStar Pictures on August 2, 1996 and stars Mara...
- Matilda the Musical
- Play, Written Work, Adaptation
Matilda the Musical is a stage musical based on the children's novel of the same name by Roald Dahl. It was written by Dennis Kelly, with music and lyrics by Tim Minchin. The musical's narrative centres on Matilda, a precocious 5-year-old girl with...
- Fantasy Book, Book, Work of Fiction, Adapted Work, Written Work
Matilda is a children's novel by British author Roald Dahl. It was published in 1988 by Jonathan Cape in London, with 232 pages and illustrations by the notable illustrator Quentin Blake. It was adapted into an audio reading by Joely Richardson, a...
- Matilda of Tuscany
- Noble person, Person, Deceased Person
Matilda of Tuscany, was a powerful feudal ruler in northern Italy and the chief Italian supporter of Pope Gregory VII during the Investiture Controversy; in addition, she was one of the few medieval women to be remembered for her military...
- Waltzing Matilda
- Composition, Arrangement
"Waltzing Matilda" is Australia's most widely known bush ballad, and has been referred to as "the unofficial national anthem of Australia". The title was Australian slang for travelling on foot with one's belongings in a "Matilda" slung over one's...
- Matilda of Scotland
- Noble person, Deceased Person, Family member, Person
Matilda of Scotland, born Edith, was Queen of England as the first wife of King Henry I.
- Matilda of Ringelheim
- Noble person, Deceased Person, Person
Saint Mathilda was the wife of King Henry I of Germany, the first ruler of the Saxon Ottonian dynasty, thereby Duchess of Saxony from 912 and Queen of Germany from 919 until her husband's death in 936. Their eldest son Otto succeeded his father as...
- Caroline Matilda of Great Britain
- Noble person, Film subject, Family member, Person, Literature Subject, Deceased Person
Caroline Matilda of Great Britain was Queen of Denmark and Norway from 1766 to 1775 as the wife of King Christian VII.