Meaning : May, Goddess Maia, In it's simplest translation, the name May is a reference to the month of May, which in itself was taken from 'Maia', the 'Roman goddess of Spring'. Other backgrounds have alternative meanings to the name. For example, May can also be used as a derivative of the names Margaret or Mary. Additionally, the name also has connotations with the blossom of the Hawthorn flower.,
Origin : English,
Pronunciation : (MAY), MAY , may,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information May:
- Name Number: 3. Meaning: Communication, Interaction, Friendship, Joy, Lightness, Humor, Art, Positivity, Optimism
Additional information May:
- A pet form of Margaret and Mary, May also exists as an independent given name from the month in late spring. It is also another name for 'hawthorn', the flowers of which bloom in May.
- Muslim Meaning: The name May is a Muslim baby name. In Muslim the meaning of the name May is: Old Arabic name.
- American Meaning: The name May is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name May is: Old Arabic name.
- Greek Meaning: The name May is a Greek baby name. In Greek the meaning of the name May is: Pearl.
- Scottish Meaning: The name May is a Scottish baby name. In Scottish the meaning of the name May is: Pearl.
- Persian Meaning: The name May is a Persian baby name. In Persian the meaning of the name May is: Child of light. Famous Bearer: Margaret Thatcher, former Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.
- Anglo-Saxon Meaning: The name May is an Anglo-Saxon baby name. In Anglo-Saxon the meaning of the name May is: Kinswomen.
- English Meaning: The name May is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name May is: Month name.
- Hebrew Meaning: The name May is a Hebrew baby name. In Hebrew the meaning of the name May is: Wished-for child; rebellion; bitter.
- Latin Meaning: The name May is a Latin baby name. In Latin the meaning of the name May is: Daughter of Atlas; Maia; the month of May.
- Derived from the name of the month of May, which derives from Maia, the name of a Roman goddess. May is also another name of the hawthorn flower. It is also used as a diminutive of MARY, MARGARET or MABEL.
Definition funny of May:
- "hooray i have math..." "don't worry bro, its may, nothing gets done anymore"
- i am so may
- My best friend is May. She's the most understanding person I know.
- 1. My birthday is in May. 2. May said that I did well in my music test, but I don't think so. 3. Rachel is so may- everyone likes her and she's pretty and smart.
- "is it May already?"
- "Happy Conception Day son!" (May 13th)
- that hot chick/dude was born may 17th
Expression information May:
- People with this name tend to be creative and excellent at expressing themselves. They are drawn to the arts, and often enjoy life immensely. They are often the center of attention, and enjoy careers that put them in the limelight. They tend to become involved in many different activities, and are sometimes reckless with both their energies and with money.
Soul information May:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire to use their abilities in leadership, and to have personal independence. They would rather focus on large, important issues, and delegate the details.
Songs about May:
- Annie May - Jake Brennan & the Confidence Men
- For Emily, Whenever I May Find Her - Simon and Garfunkel
- Maggie May - Rod Stewart
- Oceans (Where Feet May Fail) by Hillsong United from the Album Zion
- Oceans (Where Feet May Fail) (Radio Version) by Hillsong United from the Album Oceans [+video]
- Maggie May (Album Version) by Rod Stewart from the Album Every Picture Tells A Story
- Oceans (Where Feet May Fail) by Hillsong United from the Album Zion (Deluxe Edition)
- Oceans (Where Feet May Fail) by Hillsong United from the Album Oceans [+video]
- Come What May (Original Film Version) by Ewan McGregor and Nicole Kidman and Nicole Kidman and Ewan McGregor from the Album Moulin Rouge 2 (Soundtrack)
- Maggie May by Rod Stewart from the Album Pure 70's
Books about May:
- The Blackhouse: The Lewis Trilogy - Aug 5, 2014 by Peter May
- Entry Island - Sep 15, 2015 by Peter May
- The Lewis Man: The Lewis Trilogy - Jun 2, 2015 by Peter May
- May - Mar 10, 2004
- BEWITCHED Box Set: Paranormal stories including Angels, Alphas, Ghosts, Greek gods, Succubae, Vampires, Werewolves... - Sep 7, 2015 by Mande Matthews and W.J. May
- The Chessmen: The Lewis Trilogy - Feb 3, 2015 by Peter May
- Radium Halos: Part 1 (The Senseless Series) - Mar 1, 2014 by W.J. May and Book Cover By Design
- Breathless (Tales of Paranormal Romance & Fantasy) - May 13, 2014 by W.J. May and Tiffany Evans
- Seventh Mark - Part 1 (The Hidden Secrets Saga) - Jul 8, 2014 by W.J. May and Book Covers By Design
- Low Cholesterol and Gluten Free Antioxidant Chocolate 101. Delicious Chocolate Recipes Cookbook Which May Reduce... - Sep 10, 2015 by Heviz's
Movies about May:
- East of the Sun, West of the Moon, Told by Max von Sydow, Music by Lyle Mays2012 NR CC
- May I Kill U?2014 Unrated CC
- What Dreams May Come1998 PG-13 CC
- That the World May Know, Volume 9: The Lord Who Heals You2009 NR CC
- That the World May Know, Volume 11: The Way of John the Baptist2010 NR CC
- May Love Be Restored2001 NR
- That the World May Know, Volume 9: The Whisper of God2009 NR CC
- May I Be Frank2013 NR CC
- Martha Marcy May Marlene2011 R CC
- That the World May Know, Volume 9: The Mountain of God2009 NR CC
Wiki information May:
- May 1968 events in France
- Event, Literature Subject
The volatile period of civil unrest in France during May 1968 was punctuated by demonstrations and massive general strikes as well as the occupation of universities and factories across France. At the height of its fervor, it virtually brought the...
- May Day
May Day on May 1 is an ancient Northern Hemisphere spring festival and usually a public holiday; it is also a traditional spring holiday in many cultures. Dances, singing, and cake are usually part of the celebrations that the day includes. In the...
- United Kingdom general election, 2010
- General election, Event
The United Kingdom general election of 2010 was held on Thursday 6 May 2010, with 45,597,461 registered voters entitled to vote to elect members to the House of Commons. The election took place in 650 constituencies across the United Kingdom under...
- United Kingdom general election, 2015
The United Kingdom general election of 2015 was held on 7 May 2015 to elect the 56th Parliament of the United Kingdom. Voting took place in all 650 parliamentary constituencies of the United Kingdom, each electing one Member of Parliament to the...
- Constitution of May 3, 1791
The Constitution of 3 May 1791 was adopted by the Great Sejm of the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth, a dual monarchy comprising Poland and Lithuania. Drafted over 32 months beginning on 6 October 1788, and formally adopted as the Government Act, the...
- Brian May
- Hard rock Artist, Musical Artist, Musician, Award Winner, Award Nominee, Organization leader, Record Producer, TV Personality, TV program guest, Composer
Brian Harold May, CBE is an English musician, singer, songwriter, and astrophysicist who achieved international fame as the lead guitarist of the rock band Queen. He uses a home-built electric guitar, called the Red Special. His compositions for the...
- Greek legislative election, May 2012
- Event, General election
A legislative election was held on Sunday 6 May 2012 in Greece, to elect all 300 members to the Hellenic Parliament. Under the constitution, it was due to be held in late 2013, four years after the previous election; however, an early election was...
- Victory in Europe Day
Victory in Europe Day, generally known as V-E Day, VE Day or simply V Day was the public holiday celebrated on 8 May 1945 to mark the formal acceptance by the Allies of World War II of Nazi Germany's unconditional surrender of its armed forces. It...
- May Revolution
- Film subject, Event
The May Revolution was a week-long series of events that took place from May 18 to 25, 1810, in Buenos Aires, capital of the Viceroyalty of the Río de la Plata. This Spanish colony included roughly the territories of present-day Argentina, Bolivia,...
May is the fifth month of the year in the Julian and Gregorian Calendars and one of seven months with the length of 31 days. May is a month of Autumn in the Southern Hemisphere and spring in the Northern Hemisphere. Therefore, May in the Southern...