Meaning : Great Circle, Great circle, Of Celtic origin from the word 'Mor' meaning sea, and 'geno' meaning bright one.,
Pronunciation : MOR gun, (MOR-gan),
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Morgan:
- Name Number: 5. Meaning: Motion, Change, Freedom, Diversity, Liberty, Choice, Interest, Search, Risk, Danger, Fear
Additional information Morgan:
- From the Old Welsh masculine name Morcant, which is derived from Welsh mor (sea) or mawr (great), and can (bright, white) or cant (circle, completion). See Morgan Freeman.
- Celtic Meaning: The name Morgan is a Celtic baby name. In Celtic the meaning of the name Morgan is: Lives by the sea.
- American Meaning: The name Morgan is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Morgan is: Lives by the sea.
- Irish Meaning: The name Morgan is an Irish baby name. In Irish the meaning of the name Morgan is: Fighter of the sea.
- Shakespearean Meaning: The name Morgan is a Shakespearean baby name. In Shakespearean the meaning of the name Morgan is: Cymbeline' The disguised identity of Belarius, a banished lord.
- Welsh Meaning: The name Morgan is a Welsh baby name. In Welsh the meaning of the name Morgan is: Bright sea. Dwells near the sea.
- h words for great queen: mor=great; rigan=queen and can be related to Morrigan, a war goddess. Another root: Morgan le Fay, a powerful sorceress from twelfth-century Arthurian legend. This time, Morgan was likely derived from the Irish name Muirgen, which means “born of the sea” in Gaelic. By the last few centuries though, it was mainly used for boys and remained a mildly popular, boys-only name until the ’70s, when it started to show up on the female charts. It surged in the late ’80s and ’90s, likely thanks to Morgan Fairchild on the primetime soap Falcon Crest. But while it’s remained in the top 50 for girls ever since, it’s been steadily falling since it peaked at 30 in the ’90s. Interestingly, as it became more popular for girls, it also rose for boys, reaching its far lower peak (high 200s) in the ’90s as well. Since Morgan’s currently headed way down on the female side but holding steady (albeit far lower) on the male side, it may be a gender-switcher that actually switches back in the next few years.
Definition funny of Morgan:
- "from head to toe this girl was simply Morgan"
- Noun--My friend is such a Morgan, i love her soo much. Verb--OMG YOU ARE SO FUNNY! WHAT A MORGAN! Adjective--That guy has such morgan-ness going on Interjection--MORGAN! I JUST SAW A LLAMA!
- - Morgan is a great swimmer! - That's no accident. Do you know what the name means?
- Wow last night i went on a date with a total morgan. It was awesome
- Male bystander #1"Oh my fucking God, it's Morgan!!" Male bystander #2"Holy shit!! I have to get her number!!" Male bystander #3"I'll fucking kill both of you for her address"
- Morgan is the perfect chick.
- You can't give an example of a Morgan! She's all the world's riches and then some. And she's taken so HA!
Expression information Morgan:
- People with this name are excited by change, adventure, and excitement. They are dynamic, visionary and versatile, able to make constructive use of freedom. They fight being restricted by rules and conventions. They tend to be optomistic, energetic, intelligent, and to make friends easily. They may be changeable, restless, untidy, and rebellious.
Soul information Morgan:
- People with this name have a deep inner need for quiet, and a desire to understand and analyze the world they live in, and to learn the deeper truths.
Songs about Morgan:
- Bombs Away (feat. Morgan Freeman) [Explicit] by B.o.B from the Album Strange Clouds [Explicit]
- Brightest Hour (Morgan Page Remix) by The Submarines from the Album Honeysuckle Remixes
- Promiscuous (Morgan Coopen Vs Nelly Furtado Remix) by Morgan Coopen from the Album Mastermix
- World Ain't Right Feat. Shaun Morgan by Hurt from the Album Goodbye To The Machine
- Flying Forever (feat. Morgan Perry) by Mike Ault from the Album Rocket League (Official Game Soundtrack)
- 21 (Feat. Laza Morgan) by Flo Rida from the Album Only One Flo (Part 1)
- Under (Morgan Page Remix) [Explicit] by Morgan Page from the Album Elevate
- Morgan Jones from Dole (Traditional Song Performed in Scottish Gaelic Language) by Julie Murphey from the Album Scotland's Romantic Music (20 Tracks Reflecting the Highland's Magic)
- That's What I Love About Sunday (Karaoke Version With Lead Vocal) [Originally Performed By Craig Morgan] by Country Karaoke Cow Boys from the Album That's What I Love About Sunday
- Captain Morgan`S Revenge by Alestorm from the Album Captain Morgan`s Revenge
Books about Morgan:
- Morgan: American Financier - Sep 9, 2014 by Jean Strouse
- The House of Morgan: An American Banking Dynasty and the Rise of Modern Finance - Jan 13, 2010 by Ron Chernow
- Morgan - Nov 19, 2014 by Frank Roderus
- Morgan the Midnight Fairy (Rainbow Magic Night Fairies #4) - Jul 1, 2011 by Daisy Meadows
- Morgan and Me (Serendipity Series) - Oct 1, 2013 by Stephen Cosgrove and Robin James
- The Quest for the Diamond Sword: An Unofficial Gamers Adventure, Book One - Aug 12, 2014 by Winter Morgan
- The Dark Defiles (Land Fit for Heroes) - Oct 7, 2014 by Richard K. Morgan
- Hello, Beauty Full: Seeing Yourself as God Sees You - Sep 29, 2015 by Elisa Morgan
- A Faerie's Revenge (Creepy Hollow Book 5) - Oct 27, 2015 by Rachel Morgan
- The Hardcore War: An Unofficial League of Griefers Adventure, #6 (League of Griefers Series) - Oct 6, 2015 by Winter Morgan
Movies about Morgan:
- Did You Hear About The Morgans? Featurette: Cowboys and Cosmopolitans2010 NR CC
- Did You Hear About the Morgans?2009 PG-13 CC
- Morgan Freeman's Through The Wormhole Season 12010 CC
- Follow the Drinking Gourd, Told by Morgan Freeman with Music by Taj Mahal2012 NR CC
- Morgan Freeman's Through The Wormhole Season 22011 CC
- The Savior Is Born, Told by Morgan Freeman with Music by The Christ Church Cathedral Choir2012 NR CC
- Through the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman Season 62015 CC
- Through the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman Season 52014 CC
- Morgan Freeman's Through The Wormhole Season 32012 CC
- Morgan Freeman's Through The Wormhole Season 42013 CC
Famous about Morgan:
- Morgan Freeman - actor
- Morgan Fairchild - actress
- Morgan Spurlock - filmmaker
Infamous about Morgan:
- Morgan le Fay - sorceress in Arthurian legend
Wiki information Morgan:
- JPMorgan Chase
- Investment banking Business, Employer, Issuer, Exhibition sponsor, Ranked item, Customer, Venture Investor, Award Winner, Organization, Literature Subject
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an American multinational banking and financial services holding company headquartered in New York City. It is the largest bank in the United States, and the world's fifth largest bank by total assets, with total assets of...
- Morgan Stanley
- Security Brokers, Dealers, and Flotation Companies Business, Identity, Business Operation, Literature Subject, Employer, Shareholder, Issuer, Organization, Exhibition sponsor, Ranked item
Morgan Stanley is an American multinational financial services corporation headquartered in the Morgan Stanley Building, Midtown Manhattan, New York City. Morgan Stanley operates in 42 countries and has more than 1300 offices and 60,000 employees....
- J. P. Morgan
- Banker, Person, Collector, Author, Deceased Person, Name source, Literature Subject, Organization founder
John Pierpont "J.P." Morgan was an American financier, banker, and art collector who dominated corporate finance and industrial consolidation during his time. In 1892, Morgan arranged the merger of Edison General Electric and Thomson-Houston Electric...
- Morgan Motor Company
- Automotive industry Business, Business Operation, Employer, Organization, Automobile Company, Customer, Location
The Morgan Motor Company is a family-owned British motor car manufacturer that was founded in 1910 by Henry Frederick Stanley Morgan. Morgan is based in Malvern Link, an area of Malvern, Worcestershire and employs 163 people. Morgan produced 640 cars...
- J.P. Morgan & Co.
- Investment banking Business, Business Operation, Ranked item, Organization member, Employer, Organization, Namesake
J.P. Morgan & Co. is a commercial and investment banking institution based in the United States founded by J. Pierpont Morgan and commonly known as the House of Morgan or simply Morgan. The firm is a predecessor of two of the largest banking...
- Morgan Library & Museum
- Exhibition venue, Listed Site, Tourist attraction, Building, Structure, Location, Publisher, Building Occupant, Museum, Organization
The Morgan Library & Museum – formerly the Pierpont Morgan Library – is a museum and research library located at 225 Madison Avenue at East 36th Street in the Murray Hill neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City. It was founded to house the private...
- Opera Character, TV Character, Theater Character, Name source, Film character, Book Character, Fictional Character, Person Or Being In Fiction
Morgan le Fay /ˈmɔrɡən lə ˈfeɪ/, alternatively known as Morgan le Faye, Morgen, Morgaine, Morgain, Morgana, Morganna, Morgant, Morgane, Morgne, Morge, Morgue, and other names, is a powerful enchantress in the Arthurian legend. Early works featuring...
- Morgan Freeman
- Actor, Featured artist, Organization leader, Person Or Being In Fiction, Topic, Aircraft Owner, Influence Node, Award Nominee, TV program guest, Award Winner
Morgan Freeman is an American actor, film director, and narrator. Freeman has received Academy Award nominations for his performances in Street Smart, Driving Miss Daisy, The Shawshank Redemption and Invictus, and won the Best Supporting Actor Oscar...
- Tracy Morgan
- Comedian, Person, TV Actor, Award Winner, Identity, Award Nominee, Person or entity appearing in film, Celebrity, TV program guest, Film actor
Tracy Jamal Morgan is an American actor and comedian best known for his eight seasons as a cast member on Saturday Night Live and for his role as Tracy Jordan in the comedy series 30 Rock. He was nominated for an Emmy Award in 2009 for his work on 30...
- Henry Morgan
- Pirate, Person, Person Or Being In Fiction, Deceased Person, Ship owner, Film subject, Name source
Sir Henry Morgan was a British privateer, buccaneer and admiral of the Royal Navy. He made himself famous during activities in the Caribbean, primarily raiding Spanish settlements, and was considered a pirate only to the Spanish, whom he was lawfully...