Meaning : Honor, Unknown,
Pronunciation : (Unknown), NOR ah, NAWR-ə ,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Norah:
- Name Number: 2. Meaning: Partnership, Sense, Other, Passive, Assistance, Acceptance, Intimacy, Peace
Additional information Norah:
- Norah is a name of English origins and is derived from the names Honora and Eleanora. The meaning of the name Norah is honor. The most common variation of the name Norah is Nora. Nicknames include Nor, Nory, No-No, and Rah. Norah was #186 in 2013 according to the Social Security Administration. In addition, the variation Nora was #83. When combining the two spellings, Nora/Norah was #10 among WikiName.net user lists in 2014. The WikiName.net user lists predict popularity about 3-5 years ahead. The most famous Norah of the 20th century is likely singer Norah Jones. Famous Noras include author Nora Roberts and director Nora Ephron. Royal Noras include Princess Nora of Lichtenstein. There are also several places named Nora, including towns in Australia, Italia, Sweden, and the United States (Virginia, Wisconsin, Illinois, and Nebraska, among others). Fictional characters include Nora Charles (“Nick and Nora”) from The Thin Man and Nora from Ibsen’s A Doll’s House. WikiName.net users who like the name Norah also tend to like names that are traditional and names common in Great Britain.
- Norah is a feminine name. It is an elongation of Nora, which is itself a pet form of various names such as Leonora or Eleanor. It may owe a recent increase in popularity to the fame of American singer and songwriter Norah Jones.
- Irish Meaning: The name Norah is an Irish baby name. In Irish the meaning of the name Norah is:
- American Meaning: The name Norah is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Norah is:
- Greek Meaning: The name Norah is a Greek baby name. In Greek the meaning of the name Norah is: Light.
- Hebrew Meaning: The name Norah is a Hebrew baby name. In Hebrew the meaning of the name Norah is: Light.
- Latin Meaning: The name Norah is a Latin baby name. In Latin the meaning of the name Norah is: Honour.
- French Meaning: The name Norah is a French baby name. In French the meaning of the name Norah is: A, derived from the Greek Helen.
- Italian Meaning: The name Norah is an Italian baby name. In Italian the meaning of the name Norah is: Light. Diminutive of Eleanora.
- Variant of NORA
Definition funny of Norah:
- Guy "Why do you wake up so happy every morning?" Girl "It's just how I am, I can't help it - I'm a Norah."
- "That girl totally stole my heart." "Yah, everyone has a Norah in their life at one time or another."
- Bud's girlfriend Norah is hot!
Expression information Norah:
- People with this name tend to be idealistic, highly immaginative, intuitive, and spiritual. They seek after spiritual truth and often find it. They tend to be visionary and may inspire others. If they fail to develop their potential, they may become dreamers, or misuse power.
Soul information Norah:
- People with this name have a deep inner need for quiet, and a desire to understand and analyze the world they live in, and to learn the deeper truths.
Songs about Norah:
- Wurlitzer Prize (Norah Jones Lead Voc)[Willie Nelson and Norah Jones] by Hit Crew Masters from the Album Southern Country Songwriter Favorites, Vol. 7
- Black (feat. Norah Jones) by Danger Mouse & Daniele Luppi from the Album Rome
- Come Away With Me (Norah Jones Karaoke Tribute) (Karaoke Mix) by Absolute Karaoke from the Album Absolute Karaoke Presents - Absolute Karaoke Classics Vol. 89
- Humble Me (Karaoke Version) (Originally Performed By Norah Jones) by Sunfly Abraxa from the Album Karaoke Hits of Norah Jones, Vol. 2
- All Your Love (feat. Norah Jones) by The Peter Malick Group from the Album New York City
- Heart Of Mine (feat. Norah Jones) by The Peter Malick Group from the Album New York City
- Little Jack Frost Get Lost [feat. Norah Jones] by Seth MacFarlane from the Album Holiday For Swing!
- Two Sleepy People (Album Version) [feat. Norah Jones] by Seth MacFarlane from the Album Music Is Better Than Words
- More Than This (Feat. Norah Jones) by Charlie Hunter featuring Norah Jones from the Album ...Featuring
- More Than This (feat. Norah Jones) by Charlie Hunter featuring Norah Jones from the Album Songs From The Analog Playground
Books about Norah:
- Norah (The McKades of Texas, Book 2) - Aug 18, 2014 by Kimberly Lewis
- Norah's Adventure With Penny and Pumpkin - Jun 25, 2014 by Cynthia Jahn and Rachel Counts
- Norah (Orchard Valley Book 3) - Mar 15, 2013 by Debbie Macomber
- Guarding Suzannah (Serve and Protect Series Book 1) - Aug 14, 2010 by Norah Wilson
- The Case of the Flashing Fashion Queen: A Dix Dodd Mystery (Dix Dodd Mysteries Book 1) - Apr 22, 2011 by Norah Wilson and Heather Doherty
- Self-Made Man: One Woman's Year Disguised as a Man - Dec 26, 2006 by Norah Vincent
- Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist (Mti Rep) - Aug 26, 2008 by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan
- Everybody Brings Noodles (Carolrhoda Picture Books) - Sep 1, 2005 by Norah Dooley and Peter J. Thornton
- Norah Jones - Come Away with Me -PVG Songbook - Nov 1, 2002 by Norah Jones
- Comes the Night (Casters Book 1) - Nov 27, 2012 by Norah Wilson and Heather Doherty
Movies about Norah:
- Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist2008 PG-13 CC
- Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist2008 PG-13
- Norah Jones - Live in New Orleans2002 NR
- Norah Jones and The Handsome Band - Live in 20042004 NR
- Norah Jones Austin City Limits - Live From Austin TX2007
- Norah Jones - Live from Austin, TX2008 NR
- Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist2008 PG-13
- Verdi - La Traviata / Norah Amsellem, Jose Bros, Renato Bruson, Maria Espada, Jesus Lopez Cobos, Madrid Opera2008 NR
- Verdi - La Traviata / Norah Amsellem, Jose Bros, Renato Bruson, Maria Espada, Jesus Lopez Cobos, Madrid Opera2005 NR
- Charlie Rose - George Clooney / Norah Jones2008
Wiki information Norah:
- Norah Jones
- Blues Artist, Topic, Topic, Ranked item, Musician, Film actor, Person or entity appearing in film, Musical Artist, Lyricist, Social network user
Geetali Norah Jones Shankar, widely known as Norah Jones, is an American singer-songwriter, musician and actress. She is a daughter of an American, Sue Jones, and Indian sitar virtuoso Ravi Shankar. She is Anoushka Shankar's half-sister. In 2002,...
- Norah O'Donnell
- Correspondent, Award Winner, TV Actor, TV Personality, Award Nominee, Person, Topic
Norah Morahan O’Donnell is an American print and television journalist, currently serving as the co-anchor of CBS This Morning, a position she has held since July 2012, when she replaced Erica Hill. Before that, she spent one year as Chief White...
- Norah Lofts
- Novelist, Deceased Person, Award Nominee, Film story contributor, Award Winner, Author, Person, Film writer
Norah Lofts, née Norah Ethel Robinson, was a 20th-century best-selling British author. She wrote more than fifty books specialising in historical fiction, but she also wrote non-fiction and short stories. Many of her novels, including her Suffolk...
- Norah Vincent
- Writer, Literature Subject, TV program guest, Person, Author
Norah Vincent is an American writer. She was born in Detroit, Michigan on September 20, 1968 She moved with her family to England in 1979 and attended the American School in London, where she graduated in 1986. She went on to attend Williams College...
- Norah Head
- Statistical region, Australian Suburb, Dated location, Location
Norah Head, originally known as Bungaree Noragh Point, is a headland on the Central Coast, New South Wales, Australia, south of Newcastle and north of Sydney. The nearest town is Toukley. The place is home to a lighthouse with scenic views, which is...
- Norah Flatley
- Athlete, Measured person, Person
Norah Irene Flatley is an American artistic gymnast. She is a current member of the U.S. National Team, a role she has upheld since 2013.
- Norah Borges
- , Person, Deceased Person
Leonor Fanny Borges Acevedo, better known by the pseudonym Norah Borges was a visual artist and art critic, member of the Florida group, and sister of the Argentinian writer Jorge Luis Borges.
- Norah McClintock
- Writer, Award Winner, Influence Node, Person, Author, Award Nominee
Norah McClintock is a Canadian writer of young-adult fiction. Born and raised in Montreal, Canada, McClintock received a degree in history from McGill University. She now lives in Toronto. She is a member of the Canadian Society of Children's...
- Film character, Fictional Character
Norah is a fictional character in the 2011 dramatic comedy film The Beaver.
- Norah, Lady Docker
- Deceased Person, Person
Norah Docker, Lady Docker was an English socialite. A dance hostess at a club in her youth, she married three times, on each occasion to an executive of a business that sold luxury goods. Her third marriage, to Sir Bernard Docker, the chairman of...