Meaning : Ancestor's heir, Ancestor, Ancestor's Heir, Meaning 'ancestor's decendant', the name Olaf is especially popular in Scandinavia with many Kings and Saints bearing this name. As a result, children have been given this name in honour of such figures.,
Pronunciation : O-lahf (German, Dutch) , (O-lahf), O laugh,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Olaf:
- Name Number: 7. Meaning: Inner, Thought, Mind, Psychology, Secret, Mystic, Strange, Study, Knowledge, Loneliness, Rest
Additional information Olaf:
- The male name Olaf originates from the Old Norse word ‘anleifr’ which means ‘descendent of the family’. This is made up of the two Old Norse elements of ‘anu’, meaning ancestor and ‘leifr’, meaning descendent. Although the name has belonged to many kings it is most famous for Olaf Haraldsson who was later named Saint Olaf.
- Teutonic Meaning: The name Olaf is a Teutonic baby name. In Teutonic the meaning of the name Olaf is: Relic.
- American Meaning: The name Olaf is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Olaf is: Relic.
- Norse Meaning: The name Olaf is a Norse baby name. In Norse the meaning of the name Olaf is: Relic; ancestral heritage. St. Olaf is the patron saint of Norway, and there were many kings in Scandinavia named Olaf.
- Danish Meaning: The name Olaf is a Danish baby name. In Danish the meaning of the name Olaf is: Family.
- Scandinavian Meaning: The name Olaf is a Scandinavian baby name. In Scandinavian the meaning of the name Olaf is: Ancestral heritage.
- Swedish Meaning: The name Olaf is a Swedish baby name. In Swedish the meaning of the name Olaf is: Andent.
- From the Old Norse name Áleifr meaning "ancestor's descendant", derived from the elements anu "ancestor" and leifr "descendant". This was the name of five kings of Norway, including Saint Olaf (Olaf II).
Definition funny of Olaf:
- Honey, this child keeps poking me inside. Lets name him Olaf, he must have a gigantic dick!
- Young Elsa: This is Olaf, and he likes warm hugs! * * * Olaf: Hi, I'm Olaf, and I like warm hugs! Adult Elsa: Olaf? Olaf: You built me. Remember that? Adult Elsa: And you're alive? Olaf: Um, I think so...?
- Wow, your penis is very olaf
- 1. "I saw an Olaf in my bath tub today!" 2. "WOW, Mister you have an OLAF ;]" 3. "Mom, why did you have to give me olaf?"
- Wow, that guy really is a Olaf. Last night I had a Olaf in my bedroom.
- Olaf is a snowman, therefore I shall be a snowman!
- You'll always see Olaf on a boat!
Expression information Olaf:
- People with this name are excellent at analyzing, understanding, and learning. They tend to be mystics, philosophers, scholars, and teachers. Because they live so much in the mind, they tend to be quiet and introspective, and are usually introverts. When presented with issues, they will see the larger picture. Their solitary thoughtfulness and analysis of people and world events may make them seem aloof, and sometimes even melancholy.
Soul information Olaf:
- People with this name have a deep inner need for quiet, and a desire to understand and analyze the world they live in, and to learn the deeper truths.
Songs about Olaf:
- La Danse d'Olaf No. 2, Op. 33 (Live Recording) by Roland Pöntinen from the Album Rarities of Piano Music at 'Schloss vor Husum' Festival 2011 - Live
- Where's Olaf? by Mark Orton from the Album Sweet Land
- Chez Olaf by Thomas Newman from the Album Lemony Snicket's: A Series of Unfortunate Events (Music from the Motion Picture)
- Meet Olaf (Score Demo) by Christophe Beck from the Album Frozen (Deluxe Edition)
- The Ballad of Olaf & Sven (Teaser Trailer/Score Demo) by Christophe Beck from the Album Frozen (Deluxe Edition)
- Do What You Want (Live At St Olaf's: Northfield, MN 10/8/10) by OK Go from the Album 180/365
- Blood Rains (The Saga Of King Olaf Trygvason) by Rebellion from the Album Sagas Of Iceland: The History Of The Vikings - Volume 1
- Take Me To Saint Olaf (A Song for Rose) by Jonny McGovern from the Album Songs About the Golden Girls
- Y Dydd Olaf by Gwenno from the Album Y Dydd Olaf
- All Is Not Lost (Live At St Olaf's: Northfield, MN 10/8/10) by OK Go from the Album 180/365
Books about Olaf:
- Frozen Olaf's Night Before Christmas Book & CD - Sep 15, 2015 by Disney Book Group and Disney Storybook Art Team
- Olaf's Perfect Day (Disney Frozen) (Little Golden Book) - Jul 28, 2015 by Jessica Julius and The Disney Storybook Art Team
- Frozen Hide-and-Hug Olaf: A Fun Family Experience! - Oct 28, 2014 by Kevin Lewis and Olga Mosqueda
- Hello, Olaf! (Disney Frozen) (Step into Reading) - Jan 6, 2015 by Andrea Posner-Sanchez and RH Disney
- A Day in the Sun (Disney Frozen) (Pictureback(R)) - Jan 7, 2014 by Frank Berrios and RH Disney
- Frozen Little Golden Book (Disney Frozen) - Oct 1, 2013 by RH Disney
- Olaf's 1-2-3 (Disney Frozen) (Glitter Board Book) - Oct 1, 2013 by RH Disney
- Frozen: Melting Olaf the Snowman Kit - Mar 31, 2015 by Running Press
- Disney Frozen Melt My Heart: Share Hugs with Olaf! (Hugs Book) - Oct 7, 2014 by Disney Frozen
- Ultimate Sticker Book: Frozen (Ultimate Sticker Books) - Oct 1, 2013 by DK Publishing
Movies about Olaf:
- Global Treasures OLAVINLINNA St Olaf's Castle Finland2009 NR CC
- Olaf Petersen Design, Building & Riding The Showjumping Course
- Erwin Olaf - On Beauty And Fall2009
- Christmas at St. Olaf 2007: Where Peace and Love and Hope Abide.2007
- Global Treasures OLAVINLINNA St Olaf's Castle Finland2007
- Disney's FROZEN PG
- Bundle of 4 Disney Frozen Drawstring Backpack Bags Elsa Anna Olaf Kristoff Sven Hans by Disney Frozen
- Christmas in Norway with the St. Olaf Choir2014 Unrated
- A St Olaf Christmas in Norway2006
- Olaf Ittenbachs - Beyond the Limits / 2 DVDs Metalpak2003
Wiki information Olaf:
- Olaf II of Norway
- Noble person, Person Or Being In Fiction, Deceased Person, Person, Name source, Military Person
Olaf II Haraldsson, later known as St. Olaf, was King of Norway from 1015 to 1028. He was posthumously given the title Rex Perpetuus Norvegiae and canonised in Nidaros by Bishop Grimkell, one year after his death in the Battle of Stiklestad on 29...
- Olaf Tryggvason
- Person, Monarch, Name source, Military Person, Deceased Person, Noble person
Olaf Tryggvason was King of Norway from 995 to 1000. He was the son of Tryggvi Olafsson, king of Viken, and, according to later sagas, the great-grandson of Harald Fairhair, first King of Norway. Olaf played an important part in the conversion of the...
- St. Olaf College
- Location, Organization, Employer, Endowed Organization, Nonprofit organization, Educational Institution Campus, Educational Institution, Business Operation, Social network user, Ranked item
St. Olaf College is a coeducational, residential, four-year, private liberal arts college in Northfield, Minnesota, United States. It was founded in 1874 by a group of Norwegian-American immigrant pastors and farmers, led by Pastor Bernt Julius Muus....
- Fictional Character
Olaf is a snowman character from the 2013 animated film Frozen, produced by Walt Disney Animation Studios.
- Olaf II of Denmark
- Deceased Person, Person, Monarch, Noble person
Olaf II Haakonsson was king of Denmark as Olaf II and king of Norway as Olaf IV. Olaf was son of King Haakon VI of Norway and the grandson of King Magnus IV of Sweden. His mother was Queen Margaret I of Denmark which made him the grandson of King...
- Olaf Schubert
- Comedian, Musical Artist, Topic, Webpage, Musician, Author, Person
Olaf Schubert, is a German comedian and musician.
- Olaf Stapledon
- Novelist, Influence Node, Author, Deceased Person, Award Winner, Person
William Olaf Stapledon – known as Olaf Stapledon – was a British philosopher and author of influential works of science fiction. In 2014, he was inducted into the Science Fiction and Fantasy Hall of Fame.
- Olaf Lubaszenko
- Actor, Film actor, Film producer, Film story contributor, Award Nominee, Film writer, Topic, Person, Film director, TV Actor
Olaf Lubaszenko is an actor and film director.
- Olaf III of Norway
- Person, Deceased Person, Noble person
Olaf Haraldsson, known as Olaf Kyrre, was King of Norway from 1067 until his death in 1093. He was present at the Battle of Stamford Bridge in England in 1066 where his father, King Harald Hardrada, saw defeat and was killed in action, an event that...
- Olaf Kölzig
- Professional Ice hockey Player, Person, Organization founder, Measured person, Olympic athlete, Ice hockey player, Athlete
Olaf Kölzig, known as Olie the Goalie or Godzilla, is a South African-born German former professional ice hockey goaltender, subsequently the goaltender coach and now player development coach for the Washington Capitals of the National Hockey League....