Meaning : Snare, Tie, Derived from the biblical name Rivka, meaning 'cattle stall' or 'to tie', associated with the bond of marriage.,
Pronunciation : REH beh cuh, (RahBEHKah), rə-BEK-ə (English), re-BEK-kah (Italian) ,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Rebecca:
- Name Number: 1. Meaning: Individual, Masculine, Logic, Self, Active, Leadership, Initiative, Assertive
Additional information Rebecca:
- Biblical name borne by the wife of Isaac. The only Hebrew link to the word in the bible is that which means 'cattle stall'; the link to the name is unlikely. Rebecca has always been common in Jewish cultures. Rebecca is a name seen in TV show Cheers, and in the novel by Daphne du Maurier.
- Hebrew Meaning: The name Rebecca is a Hebrew baby name. In Hebrew the meaning of the name Rebecca is: Captivating; knotted cord.
- American Meaning: The name Rebecca is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Rebecca is: Captivating; knotted cord.
- From the Hebrew name רִבְקָה (Rivqah), possibly meaning "a snare" in Hebrew, or perhaps derived from an Aramaic name. This is the name of the wife of Isaac and the mother of Esau and Jacob in the Old Testament. It came into use as a Christian name after the Protestant Reformation, and it was popular with the Puritans in the 17th century.
Definition funny of Rebecca:
- Rebecca is the best friend anyone could have. Once you get to know her you hope she'll be your friend forever.
- While the Goddess was looking in the sky with her Handsome Husband, she saw the name REBECCA Glowing in the SKY!
- Guy1: Hey man y'know Rebecca? Guy2: What, that girl who you don't have a chance with? Guy1: Yeah im going out with her now! Guy2: Bastard.
- Rebecca is a popular girls name that has been used for strong, kind and resourceful girls.
- 1. Gee that rebecca is one fine lookin girl. isnt that redundant? Yes but shes a rebecca so it deserves to be said twice
- She is rebecca.(used as adjective)
- Never lose doubt of Rebecca, they don't lie, they are one in a million. Just because they don't hug you doesn't mean they hate you(I hope) =)
Expression information Rebecca:
- People with this name tend to initiate events, to be leaders rather than followers, with powerful personalities. They tend to be focused on specific goals, experience a wealth of creative new ideas, and have the ability to implement these ideas with efficiency and determination. They tend to be courageous and sometimes aggressive. As unique, creative individuals, they tend to resent authority, and are sometimes stubborn, proud, and impatient.
Soul information Rebecca:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire to inspire others in a higher cause, and to share their own strongly held views on spiritual matters.
Songs about Rebecca:
- Rebecca - Pat McGee Band
- Rebecca - PJ Harvey
- Rebecca - The Bee Gees
- Rebecca - The Stratford 4
- Romeo and Rebecca - Blink-182
- Song Rebecca Calls, 'That Birdcage Song' - Munly & the Lee Lewis Harlots
- Rebecca Lynn by Bryan White from the Album Bryan White
- Color Me Love (feat. Rebecca Romijn & Markaholic) by Rupaul from the Album Realness [Explicit]
- To the Rescue! (A TV Superhero Theme Medley) (arr. P. Rebecca) by Cincinnati Pops Orchestra from the Album Superheroes!
- Stay Amazed [feat. Rebecca Pfortmiller] by Gateway Worship from the Album Women Of Faith Presents Gateway Worship A Collection
Books about Rebecca:
- Rebecca - Sep 5, 2006 by Daphne Du Maurier
- Sleeping with the Beast (The Conduit Series Book 2) - Sep 20, 2015 by Conner Kressley and Rebecca Hamilton
- Two Weeks: A True Haunting (True Hauntings Book 3) - Sep 15, 2015 by Rebecca Patrick-Howard
- Rebecca Rohman Box Set: Love M.D., Love, Lies & The D.A. And Uncorked - Sep 20, 2015 by Rebecca Rohman
- Sweet Forbidden Love: A Contemporary Clean Amish Romance - Sep 5, 2015 by Rebecca Nash
- Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm (Dover Children's Evergreen Classics) - Jul 15, 2003 by Kate Douglas Wiggin and Children's Classics
- Rebecca - 1971 by Daphne Dumaurier and Cover Art
- Finding Rebecca - Oct 28, 2014 by Eoin Dempsey
- Beyond What is Given (Flight & Glory) - Sep 28, 2015 by Rebecca Yarros
- Initiation (The Warrior Book 1) - Sep 8, 2015 by Rebecca Royce
Movies about Rebecca:
- Rebecca (Theater 62) (1962)2012 NR CC
- The Haunting Of Rebecca Verlaine NR CC
- Rebecca Of Sunnybrook Farm1937 G CC
- Rebecca1940 NR
- Notorious / Rebecca / Spellbound2014 NR
- Alfred Hitchcock: The Classic Collection Notorious / Rebecca / Spellbound2013 NR
- The Shirley Temple Collection: Volume Two2013 G
- Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm1938 G
- Rebecca1997 Unrated
- Cheers: Season 92009 Unrated
Wiki information Rebecca:
- Thriller Film, Award-Nominated Work, Film, Topic, Adaptation, Ranked item, Award-Winning Work, Netflix Title
Rebecca is a 1940 American Film Noir psychological thriller-mystery film. Directed by Alfred Hitchcock, it was his first American project, and his first film produced under contract with David O. Selznick. The film's screenplay was a version by Joan...
- Art Subject, Name source, Deceased Person, Person
Rebecca appears in the Hebrew Bible as the wife of Isaac and the mother of Jacob and Esau. Rebecca and Isaac were one of the four couples believed to be buried in the Cave of the Patriarchs, the other three being Adam and Eve, Abraham and Sarah, and...
- Mystery Book, Adaptation, Award-Nominated Work, Work of Fiction, Adapted Work, Written Work, Award-Winning Work, Ranked item, Book
Rebecca is a novel by English author Daphne du Maurier. A best-seller, there were 2,829,313 copies of Rebecca sold between its publication in 1938 and 1965, and the book has never gone out of print. The novel is remembered for the character Mrs....
- Rebecca Romijn
- Actor, Topic, TV Personality, Person or entity appearing in film, Featured artist, Celebrity, Musical Artist, TV Producer, Award Nominee, TV Actor
Rebecca Alie Romijn is an American actress and former fashion model. She is best known for her role as Mystique in the X-Men films and Joan from The Punisher, both from Marvel Comics. She also had a recurring role as Alexis Meade on the television...
- Name source, Literature Subject, Person, Deceased Person, Identity, Film subject, Person Or Being In Fiction
Pocahontas was a Virginia Indian notable for her association with the colonial settlement at Jamestown, Virginia. Pocahontas was the daughter of Powhatan, the paramount chief of a network of tributary tribal nations in the Tsenacommacah, encompassing...
- Rebecca Hall
- Actor, Person or entity appearing in film, Person, Award Nominee, Film actor, Award Winner, TV Actor, Theater Actor
Rebecca Maria Hall is a British-American actress. In 2003, she won the Ian Charleson Award for her debut stage performance in a production of Mrs. Warren's Profession. She has appeared in the films The Prestige, Vicky Cristina Barcelona, The Town,...
- Rebecca Black
- Dance-pop Artist, Award Nominee, Social network user, Award Winner, Person, , Musical Artist, Composer, Film actor, Person or entity appearing in film
Rebecca Renee Black is an American singer and YouTuber who gained extensive media attention with the 2011 single "Friday". After the video went viral on YouTube and other social media sites, "Friday" was derided by many music critics and viewers, who...
- Rock Artist, Musical Artist, Musical Group
Rebecca was a Japanese rock band of the 1980s fronted by singer Nokko. The band's 1985 album "Rebecca IV ~maybe tomorrow~" sold one million copies in the year, surpassing Yuming, the first truly commercially successful rock album in Japan. They won...
- Dated location, Location, Statistical region, City/Town/Village, HUD County Place, HUD Foreclosure Area
Rebecca is a city in Turner County, Georgia, United States, along the Alapaha River. The population was 246 at the 2000 census.
- Dolly Parton
- Country Artist, Organization founder, Identity, Musical Artist, Award Nominee, Topic, Composer, Award Winner, Social network user, TV Personality
Dolly Rebecca Parton is an American singer-songwriter, actress, author, businesswoman, and humanitarian, known primarily for her work in country music. Her career began as a child performer on the Cas Walker radio show, then recording a few singles...