Meaning : Rye wood, Descendant Of Roghallach, Descendant of Roghallach, Riley comes from the Old English for "rye clearing" which is also a place name. It is also a variation of the Irish surname Reilly.,
Pronunciation : RIE-lee , RY lee, (RIE-lee),
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Riley:
- Name Number: 6. Meaning: Home, Family, Love, Balance, Harmony, Help, Warmth, Social justice
Additional information Riley:
- A transferred surname used by those from locations so named Riley. It may also be considered a respelling of the Irish surname Reilly, from an Irish personal name Raghallach of unknown origin.
- English Meaning: The name Riley is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Riley is:
- American Meaning: The name Riley is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Riley is:
- Irish Meaning: The name Riley is an Irish baby name. In Irish the meaning of the name Riley is: Surname.
- Gaelic Meaning: The name Riley is a Gaelic baby name. In Gaelic the meaning of the name Riley is: Valiant.
- While it has the ring of a modern, made-up name, Riley’s actually been a somewhat-popular boys’ name for centuries. It first appeared on the female charts in the ‘90s, along with other names with similar rings (Avery, Kaylee, etc). Interestingly, it started to significantly rise up both charts at the same time, skyrocketing for girls while rising still steadily but a little less dramatically (it’s never quite cracked the top 100) for boys. The name even took an in-sync dip on both charts in ’07 but is now back on the rise for both genders. It comes from an Old English surname meaning “rye clearing” (which itself is a place name -- not a new trend, apparently). There are tons of different ways to spell it, but this one’s definitely the go-to.
- From a surname which comes from two distinct sources. As an Irish surname it is a variant of REILLY. As an English surname it is derived from a place name meaning "rye clearing" in Old English.
Definition funny of Riley:
- mr. riley aaron stringer, enough said
- Well I cant wait until i find my riley..
- "Man, last saturday that girl totally gave me a riley!" "Just you wait until we get home and I give you a riley."
- However hard he doesn't try, Guthrie will never win the love of Riley.
- hey look at the riley
- I love riley!!!He is so rad.
- She had a riley towards that guy who told her to shut up.
Expression information Riley:
- for harmony and balance in their lives, and respond positively to beautiful things.
Soul information Riley:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire for travel and adventure, and want to set their own pace in life without being governed by tradition.
Songs about Riley:
- Powerful (feat. Ellie Goulding & Tarrus Riley) by Major Lazer from the Album Peace Is The Mission [Explicit]
- Baba O'Riley (Remix) by The Who from the Album Who's Next (Remastered)
- Baba O'Riley by The Who from the Album Who's Next (Ultimate Masterdisk)
- Baba O'Riley by The Who from the Album The Who Hits 50 (Deluxe Edition)
- Norma Jean Riley by Diamond Rio from the Album 16 Biggest Hits
- Baba O'Riley by The Who from the Album Who's Next (Deluxe Edition)
- Baba O'Riley by The Who from the Album Thirty Years Of Maximum R&B
- Spend The Night (Teddy Riley Remix) by Dave Hollister from the Album Chicago Winds...The Saga Continues
- Baba O'Riley (Radio Edit) by The Cube Guys from the Album Baba O'Riley
- Bold Riley by Kimber's Men from the Album Don't Take the Heroes
Books about Riley:
- What Should Riley Do? (Disney/Pixar Inside Out) (A Stepping Stone Book(TM)) - Jul 14, 2015 by Tracey West and RH Disney
- Riley: A MacKenzie Family Novella - Jan 2, 2014 by Liliana Hart
- Riley: Contemporary Romance Sniper Erotica and Thriller (The Kendall Family Series Book 3) - Jun 23, 2015 by Randi Everheart
- Post-Traumatic Church Syndrome: A Memoir of Humor and Healing - Aug 18, 2015 by Reba Riley
- Into My Arms (Off the Map) - Sep 8, 2015 by Lia Riley
- Fireworks: Riley: A MacKenzie Family Novella - Jan 27, 2015 by Liliana Hart
- Welcome to the Asylum: A Riley Cray Novella - Aug 26, 2015 by A.J. Colby
- Inheritance (Wizards of Seattle Book 1) - Sep 25, 2014 by John O'Riley
- Seattle Stories - Con Riley - Sep 11, 2015 by Con Riley
- Please Stop Helping Us: How Liberals Make It Harder for Blacks to Succeed - Jun 17, 2014 by Jason L. Riley
Movies about Riley:
- Riley Rewind [HD]2014 NR CC
- B.B. King - Life Of Riley [HD]2014 NR CC
- Welcome to the Rileys2010 R CC
- Outing Riley2007 NR
- Fighting Tommy Riley2005 R CC
- Life of Riley (Aimer, boire et chanter)2014 NR
- Welcome to the Rileys2010 R
- King, B.B - Life Of Riley2012 NR
- Life of Riley2013 Unrated
- Life of Riley (1949-53) / Our Miss Brooks2007 NR
Famous about Riley:
- Riley Keough - actress and granddaughter of Elvis Presley
- Riley Freeman - character in the comic strip The Boondocks
- Riley Finn - character in Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Infamous about Riley:
- Riley Dobi Noel - murderer
Wiki information Riley:
- Riley Motor
- Automotive industry Business, Defunct Organization, Business Operation, Employer, Automobile Company, Organization
Riley was a British motorcar and bicycle manufacturer from 1890. Riley became part of the Nuffield Organisation in 1938 and was later merged into British Leyland: ln July 1969 British Leyland announced the immediate end of Riley production, although...
- Riley Technologies
- Automobile Company, Employer, Business Operation, Organization
Riley Technologies LLC is an American auto racing constructor and team which specializes in the design and manufacture of complete race cars, as well as prototype development for racing and manufacturing applications.
- Fort Riley
- Military post, Project focus, Building, Structure, Location
Fort Riley is a United States Army installation located in North Central Kansas, on the Kansas River, also known as the Kaw, between Junction City and Manhattan. The Fort Riley Military Reservation covers 100,656 acres in Geary and Riley counties and...
- B.B. King
- Blues Artist, Musical Artist, Award Winner, Musician, TV program guest, Film actor, Diet follower, Award Nominee, Person, Broadcast Artist
Riley B. King, known by his stage name B.B. King, was an American blues singer, songwriter, and guitarist. Rolling Stone ranked King No. 6 on its 2011 list of the 100 greatest guitarists of all time. King introduced a sophisticated style of soloing...
- Pat Riley
- Coach, Basketball Player, Topic, Athlete, Award Winner, Award Nominee, Topic, Basketball Coach, Hall of fame inductee, Person
Patrick James "Pat" Riley is an American professional basketball executive, and a former coach and player in the National Basketball Association. He has been the team president of the Miami Heat since 1995, a position that enabled him to serve as...
- Edward Theodore Riley
- New jack swing Artist, Record Producer, Topic, Film actor, Award Nominee, TV Actor, Musical Artist, Musician, Identity, Social network user
Edward Theodore "Teddy" Riley is a Grammy Award–winning American singer-songwriter, musician, keyboardist and record producer credited with the creation of the New jack swing genre. Through his production work with Michael Jackson, Bobby Brown, Doug...
- Amber Riley
- Actor, Film actor, Competitor, Award Winner, TV Actor, TV song performer, Person, Topic, Musical Artist, Social network user
Amber Patrice Riley is an American actress, singer-songwriter, and philanthropist, best known for her portrayal of Mercedes Jones on the Fox television series Glee. She is also known for winning season 17 of Dancing with the Stars.
- Riley Keough
- Actor, Film actor, Identity, Person
Danielle Riley Keough is an American actress and model. She is the daughter of singer-songwriter Lisa Marie Presley and Danny Keough, and the eldest grandchild of Elvis and Priscilla Presley.
- Mike Riley
- Football Coach, American football head coach, American football player, Person, Identity, Measured person, Athlete
Michael Joseph "Mike" Riley is an American football coach and former player. He currently is the head football coach at the University of Nebraska. Previously, Riley was head football coach of Oregon State University, where he served two stints, from...
- City/Town/Village, Statistical region, HUD County Place, HUD Foreclosure Area, Dated location, Location
Riley is a city in Riley County, Kansas, United States. As of the 2010 census, the city population was 939.